What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Brother's Fiancee (1 Viewer)

I wrote: Um ok.  Was just trying to understand if there was a reason why it had to be Friday.

Response: Yes, please
This is crazy town.  Call your dad and your other brother and go rescue this guy A-Team style.  I'm not really even joking here, this is flipping lunacy.

I honestly think no matter what you do, you're ####ed. This broad already created a rift between middle brother and younger brother, you're next, and it sucks, but it is almost inevitable. 

No matter what you do, she has your brother around her finger. She'll find some stupid issue and eventually you and your brother will have a disagreement. It won't be until he is splitting their assets down the middle that he realizes how much he ####ed up, and by then it'll be too late. At least at that point, you'll have your brother back, but I'd prepare myself for that path if I was you.

If you can't use one of the Yankee23 scare tactics to convince him that this will only be terrible for her, brother man is going down.

Just write up the deed and let them sign or tell him to go to another lawyer to get it done. He's a grown man. You've done everything reasonable for you to do and he's still set on this course. You have to let him make his own mistakes and learn from them since he isn't learning from you telling him. Sure, it will probably end up sucking hard for him, but you can't live his life for him.

Cut the apron strings.

If you can't use one of the Yankee23 scare tactics to convince him that this will only be terrible for her, brother man is going down.
Can almost guaranty she knows exactly what the law is and anything he tells his brother that isn't true will be shot down immediately. Thorn said he didn't blink when told about the transfer tax. I bet she already told him he needed to come up with the money to get it done.

He's gonna side with the chick, there's nothing that can be done here. 
I know.  I also know Thorn to be a very good and decent person who doesn't want to follow the path of his other brother, so it really sucks for him because he knows better but he also knows knowing better comes at a cost.

I had an exwife that LOVED spending money.  My money.  And money we didn't even have.  She was good at that too.  Divorce, in my case, SAVED me money.
I don't think my wife loves spending as much as wasting. I'm suspicious she goes up to our roof, puts it in a garbage can, and sets it on fire. 

So now adding people to deeds is a problem unless you also add them to the note, which requires bank approval.   The title companies are disclaiming coverage and people are getting screwed.  

His girlfriend is going to be in a world of hurt if he adds her to the deed and this case ends up becoming law. Ahe is basically signing her financial death warrant and will,have almost no ability to stop it from happening.

You could tell him that.  It all sounds perfectly reasonable to a layman.
Wait... so this gives him the ability to destroy her financially when he realizes she's insane? 

This could be a GOOD thing! 

I always wonder why more people aren't murdered when I read the divorce horror stories.  You're taking all my money and preventing me from seeing my kids?  Why do I care?  

Brutal. 
:goodposting:

Soooo... $20-25k to erase someone via a pro who's very unlikely to get caught... much less if you're willing to roll the dice with someone less than professional. I'm guessing the average divorce run 3...4x that. Much higher for a true FBG? 

He emailed just now asking if they could sign tomorrow.  I asked if it needed to be tomorrow as I'm busy and leaving at noon.  He gave me sentences about how it should have been done weeks ago and how lucky he is to have her - i.e. didn't answer the question.  Probably her writing that email too.
JFC... 

:shock:

He is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo screwed. 

What was the ultimatum?
Looooooooonnnng story but he had to sever all contact with an exgirlfriend of his along with her kids.  He hadn't been romantically involved with this Ex for at least 7 years.  This included all social media.

Here's the kicker: she told him that he had to tell/text us (siblings and our mom) to defriend this Ex and her kids as well on FB etc.

Looooooooonnnng story but he had to sever all contact with an exgirlfriend of his along with her kids.  He hadn't been romantically involved with this Ex for at least 7 years.  This included all social media.

Here's the kicker: she told him that he had to tell/text us (siblings and our mom) to defriend this Ex and her kids as well on FB etc.

:lmao:

So now adding people to deeds is a problem unless you also add them to the note, which requires bank approval. The title companies are disclaiming coverage and people are getting screwed.

His girlfriend is going to be in a world of hurt if he adds her to the deed and this case ends up becoming law. Ahe is basically signing her financial death warrant and will,have almost no ability to stop it from happening.
Maybe he knows all of this and he's planning to screw her over? :shyamalantwist:

I wrote: Um ok.  Was just trying to understand if there was a reason why it had to be Friday.

Response: Yes, please
She wants it done quickly and now needs it done tomorrow? WTF does she have planned for this weekend?? I'm starting to worry about li'l Thorn's well being here. 

:lmao:

Sounds like she needs a cunch

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to be creative: 

Tell your brother that adding her to the deed is a violation of the due on sale clause and transfer restrictions of his mortgage.  So, if he really wants her to have an ownership interest in the property, in order to "avoid liability" he should instead transfer the property to a newly formed LLC that will hold title to the property.  Then, you can make bro and psycho-girl both members of the LLC, but when drafting the operating agreement, include a provision allowing him to buy her interests at very low price, and vest all power regarding the LLC in your bro - including the ability to sell the property and use the proceeds as he wishes.  Perhaps they are not sophisticated enough to catch onto the terms of the operating agreement.

Trying to be creative: 

Tell your brother that adding her to the deed is a violation of the due on sale clause and transfer restrictions of his mortgage.  So, if he really wants her to have an ownership interest in the property, in order to "avoid liability" he should instead transfer the property to a newly formed LLC that will hold title to the property.  Then, you can make bro and psycho-girl both members of the LLC, but when drafting the operating agreement, include a provision allowing him to buy her interests at very low price, and vest all power regarding the LLC in your bro - including the ability to sell the property and use the proceeds as he wishes.  Perhaps they are not sophisticated enough to catch onto the terms of the operating agreement.
Yes, he should spend his time doing that in the hope that she's an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread