What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Fantasy League appearance customization (1 Viewer)

valence

Footballguy
For the leagues I commish, I've run them on MFL for about five years now using various default templates. For 2013 I'd like to make them a little sexier but have little to no web skills in terms of design or using CSS to make a page look better and unique. Can anyone post their league sites and possibly what they did (talk to me like I'm 6 years old) to make it look that way? Would it just be better (easier) to pay someone to design my league site? Any recommendations on services that do that?

My apologies if this isn't the appropriate forum.

thanks in advance, I'll hang up and listen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Www.mfladdons.com
99.99 ????????????
The cost of an MFL league plus mfladdons custom work is around the same price to even slightly less than a CBS league.But you only would pay the mfladdons price once if you did it.I haven't used them before, I don't really need glitzy appearance for things, I just need it to have all the functionality I need. But I've considered going with them of late. I think even if you go with them it's probably still the best value for a league that doesn't want to make do with free sites.

The most badass MFL Site that ever there was:http://www30.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/42008#0My favorite league.Edit: I didn't design this. Just showing you what can be done. I know that there are several people that do this kind of work as a service.
Do you know any of those people?mfladdons sounds ok but choices are pretty limited.

The most badass MFL Site that ever there was:

http://www30.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/42008#0

My favorite league.

Edit: I didn't design this. Just showing you what can be done. I know that there are several people that do this kind of work as a service.
Do you know any of those people?mfladdons sounds ok but choices are pretty limited.
The limited choices was my first thought as well. I'm curious how flexible the layout is because I would never want a generic article from Fantasy Footbal Sharks or whatever on my league's front page. That said, $8 per owner, one time only is very tempting to make a professional, impressive looking site.

I think this fits in along the My Fantasy League appearance customization talk, so I'm hoping it isn't a hijack. But I was looking at the ways you could edit a league's history on My Fantasy League, and I was sadly underwhelmed. I'd started a primitive Google sites page for my league to compile league history and it didn't convince me to change much. Until I saw this link on a MFL league: http://www.mflhistory.com/

Here is what MFL history seems capable of: http://www.mflhistory.com/leaguehistory.php?id=150&recordtype=game

That was my favorite example that I found. I was really impressed because mostly something like that is what I'm after. Has anyone used/heard of MFLhistory.com? It sounds awesome, and the price seems ok ($25 to start, $15 every season after), since they are compiling detailed and extensive record keeping for your league. That said, I haven't poked around that much and the website is very limited. I don't know how much flexibility you have, but it seems like a lot as other leagues that I saw didn't have that much record keeping like the MFL league example I linked to above. Would love to know if any experienced MFL'ers have used MFLhistory.com in conjunction with their MFL leagues?

MFLhistory is AWESOME... .Paul does a great job with that.. I HIGHLY recommend EVERY league purchase it.... It is my first link under the League Menu at top.... I look at the stats almost daily in season...LOL

blake said:
MFL offers a lot of this information natively (without the use of mflhistory.com) under the "reports > records" menu item - for example:

- most points scored in a single game.

- fewest points scored in a single game.

- most combined points

- fewest combined points

- largest margin of victory

- smallest margin of victory

that's just a small sampling of the records reports that MFL offers - i'd definitely recommend checking out all of the "reports > records" menu items for all of them.

blake said:
MFL offers a lot of this information natively (without the use of mflhistory.com) under the "reports > records" menu item - for example:

- most points scored in a single game.

- fewest points scored in a single game.

- most combined points

- fewest combined points

- largest margin of victory

- smallest margin of victory

that's just a small sampling of the records reports that MFL offers - i'd definitely recommend checking out all of the "reports > records" menu items for all of them.
Wow, thank you for this. I had no idea this existed. As you can tell, I'm a definite MFL newbie and would really like to know more. This is wonderful. Thank you so much for taking the time for the post and showing the links. I've been looking at the league (I presume it is yours) and am going nuts with the wonderful historical statistics. THIS is exactly what I want. And to be honest, this very well may convince me to go with MFL and switch my league from ESPN. The MFLhistory.com is a real nice option, as it looks a lot different from the standard MFL site, but I didn't realize all that MFL could do. The historical statistics is a deal MAKER for me.

Big question though - and I may have to ask MFL customer service this. Can I manually enter in week by week stats from previous seasons on my league? I can access all of the information from ESPN and while it would be painstaking for sure and take a lot of time, I would really love to have comprehensive statistics like this for my league.

I really appreciate those links; they were a big help. However, while poking around more and seeing how incredibly limited manually editing is on MFL, I find it inevitable, if I end up sticking with MFL for my league, that I would go with MFLhistory.com to at least explore what more they can do with more detailed and simply more historical statistics for my league.

On the subject of league history is if MFL keeps a history of league transactions during that season? I find that ESPN does which is surprisingly helpful and really interesting to look at. For example, for my league last season on ESPN, this shows up on the 2012 page for Danny Amendola:

Danny Amendola | WR | STL
Added from Waivers by The Swedish Chef Dec 20, 4:34 AM
Dropped by The Swedish Chef Nov 29, 9:38 AM
Added from Free Agency by The Swedish Chef Nov 01, 7:07 AM
Dropped by The Swedish Chef Oct 11, 5:51 AM
Added from Waivers by The Swedish Chef Sep 13, 4:30 AM
Can I access league transactions for individual players on MFL for years in the past? I'm assuming that if my league was active in 2009, I could still access that season's page on ESPN, look up a player and see their complete transaction history for that season. A definite nerdy desire/want...but the fact that ESPN has this is fantastic to me.

On the subject of league history is if MFL keeps a history of league transactions during that season? I find that ESPN does which is surprisingly helpful and really interesting to look at. For example, for my league last season on ESPN, this shows up on the 2012 page for Danny Amendola:

Danny Amendola | WR | STL
Added from Waivers by The Swedish Chef Dec 20, 4:34 AM
Dropped by The Swedish Chef Nov 29, 9:38 AM
Added from Free Agency by The Swedish Chef Nov 01, 7:07 AM
Dropped by The Swedish Chef Oct 11, 5:51 AM
Added from Waivers by The Swedish Chef Sep 13, 4:30 AM
Can I access league transactions for individual players on MFL for years in the past? I'm assuming that if my league was active in 2009, I could still access that season's page on ESPN, look up a player and see their complete transaction history for that season. A definite nerdy desire/want...but the fact that ESPN has this is fantastic to me.
The player page on MFL will give you a week by week status of the player (free agent or fantasy team the player was on and whether or not that fantasy team started him) plus their stats for that week. For all 17 weeks on one page

Just click on the player you want to know about and it will take you to his biography page

Lifetime support and a one off fee. It's 8 dollars per owner, once. No brainer IMO.
Not true.

I've e-mailed the guys at mfladdons and they offer 1 year of support for any browser coding changes. The Nitro Grafixx guys told me basically you buy it as-is. If Google changes Chrome or Microsoft updates IE and it screws up the coding of the site, you're SOL.

Lifetime support and a one off fee. It's 8 dollars per owner, once. No brainer IMO.
Not true.I've e-mailed the guys at mfladdons and they offer 1 year of support for any browser coding changes. The Nitro Grafixx guys told me basically you buy it as-is. If Google changes Chrome or Microsoft updates IE and it screws up the coding of the site, you're SOL.
Fair enough, I've never had any trouble getting bits and pieces ironed out FOC

Users who are viewing this thread