What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Son graduated from the Imperial Academy of don't accept NO from people who are not authorized to tell you Yes, I couldn't be prouder of him. (1 Viewer)

While I'm glad to be on the "normal" side of interpreting the encounter in the OP... actually not liking the treatment of MoP in here. :shrug: my 2c

TLEF316 said:
Did he record the whole thing and post it on tik tok?
Lol!  Far and away my favorite post here at FBG’s in a while. Literally snorted from laughing.  Kudos.  

I am over bombarded with safety stuff in my industry, so OP is correct that this is a bigger deal than it appears.  If there was an accident we would all be eating Swedish Fish for life on MOP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, he let them mount just one new tire? He didn’t get both when the worn one was replaced? Just one tire is a no-no.
If safety of the son and girlfriend was the main concern and primary reason for the trip to Walmart, this post isn't getting enough attention. So, there is one brand new tire on the vehicle, but what is the state of the other 3 tires?

If safety of the son and girlfriend was the main concern and primary reason for the trip to Walmart, this post isn't getting enough attention. So, there is one brand new tire on the vehicle, but what is the state of the other 3 tires?
Good point, if the thread on that tire needed replacement, wouldn't the others as well? 

i assume they spit on the hamburger by cutting the brake line or stealing the catalytic converter while on the lift.

I'm wondering if he got a free rotation?

MOP is somewhere on this wonderful 4th of July, thinking why the hell did I even start that thread after reading his initial post again and responding to himself as most in this thread have. 

I could also think of so many more things to be proud of my son for, this doesn't make the list. I hope your son doesn't read this MB, and specifically thread, as he might learn some more bad MOP examples and start posting things just like this. 

Epic fail.

🤦‍♂️

I had to reread the original post three times thinking the actual story was they sold him a tire when he didn’t need one…this is the first time in corporate automotive repair history where they didn’t tell a customer they needed a repair they actually didn’t need…that is the real story here.

I’ve had places tell me they will won’t plug a tire and will only repair it from the inside.

I”ve had places  tell me the puncture is on/too near the sidewall to repair.

I’ve had places (rightly) tell me a tire is so crappy I’m better off with a new (or used) tire from them.

But every time I’ve  asked to check a flat or slow leak, they have taken the tire off the car, sprayed it with the soapy water and promptly found the issue., and one of those was little more than a finish brad -tiny.

No idea what the heck is going on here.

Please stop using my name as a slur.

Thank you.
Sorry, you'll have to speak to my manager.  (I couldn't resist, sorry.)

Unrelated Karen story from my college days many moons ago. A buddy of mine had a major crush on a girl named Karen.  She knew it as well, and strung him along for awhile, making him think she was into him too, until she one day coldly told him she would never date him in a million years when he eventually asked her out.  

From that day on, we just called her "N" when we saw her around campus.  Why "N"?  Well, we theorized there was absolutely no "Care" there, so thought it fit pretty well.  She wasn't happy when she was finally told the reason, but it amused us anyway. 

Ministry of Pain said:
He's watched me do it since he entered my life 3 years ago and at first I told him don't do what Dad does, you'll get in trouble. But he's a chip off the old block and he had his first run in at Walmart getting a tire changed or fixed for his girlfriend's car. Tech looks it over and says nothing wrong with the tire no reason for it to go flat. 

My son decides that maybe they don't know what they are talking about and starts to really examine the tire and start running his hands around and sure enough he finds the nail and begins to tell these folks they will now be fixing his tire for free or someone is getting a phone call and there will be real trouble about this. 

Clerk/Tech "I can't do that for you even if I wanted to"

MoP the 2nd "That's right you can't so get me the guy who has the authority to make this happen"

Manager came down and my son showed him all the pics he took and asked if he needed to speak with someone at corporate?

Gen Manager of store "I don't think that will be needed, I can take care of this and I'm sorry that my tech didn't see this, we're short handed and had a couple call outs but I'll make this right"

That kid is going to be alright  :wub:
No offense but your kid seems like he is going to be a problem going forward.  This story is pretty weak. 

I could also think of so many more things to be proud of my son for, this doesn't make the list. I hope your son doesn't read this MB, and specifically thread, as he might learn some more bad MOP examples and start posting things just like this. 

Epic fail.

🤦‍♂️
I'm pretty sure MOP was being sarcastic about the entire thing.  Try not to take internet message boards so serious.

I'm pretty sure MOP was being sarcastic about the entire thing.  Try not to take internet message boards so serious.
I don't think so, especially since he first defended why his son was right to be upset and now he's avoided chiming in. I think he was just expecting a different response and things went sideways here.  This isn't sarcastic at all. And honestly, I shared my thoughts and have been able to live my life since, no worries.  😄

This story was way better 10 years ago when it was at Publix and involved shaming someone in line in front of the person in question for using a check (or cash, or exact change, or whatever).

3/10

Users who are viewing this thread