What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA Fanduel (1 Viewer)

Are you guys making money at this? Thinking of dangling my toes in the water.
The short answer is two part, Yes you can, but a lot of people don't. Kind of like online poker I suppose. I've always fancied myself as an NFL/MLB guy but just started playing NBA this year (daily). I'm doing much better (except last night :bag: ) at NBA than either of the others. I think the key in NBA is to really know your match ups, obviously watch injuries and know how those injuries effect the team. One thing I did when I started NBA was I looked up who the best players were on the Fan Duel site and I played them Head 2 Head for $2 or $5. Then I'd analyze their lineups and try and figure out why they did certain things. It really helped.

that 297 line up would of got you some money in any league last night lol
The good news is, that was one of the least favorite lineups I played last night (Tucker, Evans, Patterson), so it never would have happened. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that I haven't done yet is start compiling a list of players that you don't start players against. For example, I read someone yesterday that said don't ever start a PG against Chris Paul, etc. If anyone has any insight to a list like that please share :)

I would think Memphis is generally a bad team to play guys against. They board well and in general play great D, San Antonio as well.

well 1 thing for sure tonight picks is going to be a target have to have a team that have the potential to give you over 300 points

Teams playing back to back tonight: DAL, MIN, PHO, HOU

Sometimes you will see minutes limited from teams playing back to backs

Are you guys making money at this? Thinking of dangling my toes in the water.
Depends on how you measure. I've only had to put $ into FanDuel twice(and one of those was for a free FBG membership) and have taken much more $ out than I put in.On the other hand if I could have billed someone for all the time I've spent playing with different football/hockey/basketball lineups(and spent reading who is injured/demoted/hot/cold etc) then I would have made a lot more $ than I've won. So losing $ overall in the grand scheme of things, but losing less $ than the hobby of photography where I'm tempted to purchase a new $2k lens every couple of weeks.

One thing that I haven't done yet is start compiling a list of players that you don't start players against. For example, I read someone yesterday that said don't ever start a PG against Chris Paul, etc. If anyone has any insight to a list like that please share :)I would think Memphis is generally a bad team to play guys against. They board well and in general play great D, San Antonio as well.
Bobcat posted rotogrinders.com, defensive efficiency vs position earlier in the thread. That is a great tool. Just as you mentioned look up PG's and the LAC give up the fewest fantasy points per game on average(26) while Cleveland gives up the most(42.1). That's a huge difference.

Teams playing back to back tonight: DAL, MIN, PHO, HOUSometimes you will see minutes limited from teams playing back to backs
Do you know of a site that lists all the "4 games in 5 nights" teams on the schedule. I used to bet a lot of $ on basketball and that information was really useful. Especially when you had 2OT games or travel delays due to poor weather.On your point about minutes I factor it in towards certain players much more than others. There's no way I was touching Duncan the other night on the end of a back-to-back at the end of a road trip for instance after he had played 40+ minutes in an overtime game.

As a note, the ROckets flew from Houston to Minny last night and will be flying from Minnesota to OKC this afternoon for tonight's game. No shootaround.

One thing that I haven't done yet is start compiling a list of players that you don't start players against. For example, I read someone yesterday that said don't ever start a PG against Chris Paul, etc. If anyone has any insight to a list like that please share :)I would think Memphis is generally a bad team to play guys against. They board well and in general play great D, San Antonio as well.
Bobcat posted rotogrinders.com, defensive efficiency vs position earlier in the thread. That is a great tool. Just as you mentioned look up PG's and the LAC give up the fewest fantasy points per game on average(26) while Cleveland gives up the most(42.1). That's a huge difference.
Wow, I didn't see all that when I looked at the site previously. Thanks. This will help cut down on the time I spend researching.

Scored 293 in the $5K Tue NBA Shot tournament, good for 32nd/2790. Used this lineup:

PG Tyreke Evans SAC v MIN (Final) 39

PG George Hill IND @ LAL (Final) 27

SG Paul George IND @ LAL (Final) 25

SG Dion Waiters CLE v PHO (Final) 29

SF Chandler Parsons HOU v TOR (Final) 27

SF Metta World Peace LAL v IND (Final) 20

PF Kevin Love MIN @ SAC (Final) 53

PF Patrick Patterson HOU v TOR (Final) 30

C Anderson Varejao CLE v PHO (Final) 43

As a note, the ROckets flew from Houston to Minny last night and will be flying from Minnesota to OKC this afternoon for tonight's game. No shootaround.
Weird. No better way to get to OKC from Houston?
My first thought was possible weather problems but it says 60 and sunny in OKC.
This makes choosing Harden even tougher. I know he's gonna want to go for 40 tonight...but will OKC be focused on shutting him down more than any other SG?

They are attending the funeral of Coach McHale's daughter in MIN today, then flying to OKC for the game tonight.

This makes choosing Harden even tougher. I know he's gonna want to go for 40 tonight...but will OKC be focused on shutting him down more than any other SG?
I'm staying away from this game I decided. I think it could be an OKC blow out given the circumstances.

Well, my noLove/noKobe team was 12th out of 20, but I got 2nd out of 20 in another (50/50, unfortunately) and 2nd out of 10 in a third (league, so that rules)

267 was my best score on that 10 teamer.

Can't stop submitting today.

My 60k lineups:

PG Goran DragicPHO@CLE$7,300

PG Jrue HolidayDAL@PHI$7,200

SG James HardenTOR@HOU$7,900

SG Jeremy PargoPHO@CLE$4,000

SF Chandler ParsonsTOR@HOU$7,200

SF Metta World PeaceIND@LAL$6,100

PF Kevin LoveMIN@SAC$9,000

PF Pau GasolIND@LAL$6,700

C Jonas ValanciunasTOR@HOU$4,600

PG Kyle LowryTOR@HOU$7,000

SG Dion WaitersPHO@CLE$5,100

PF Patrick PattersonTOR@HOU$5,400

PG Aaron BrooksMIN@SAC$4,100

SG Kobe BryantIND@LAL$8,800 SG Paul GeorgeIND@LAL$6,600

SF Shawn MarionDAL@PHI$5,400 SF P.J. TuckerPHO@CLE$3,600

PF Jason ThompsonMIN@SAC$5,500 Pau GasolIND@LAL$6,700

C Jonas ValanciunasTOR@HOU$4,600 C Anderson VarejaoPHO@CLE$7,900

PG Aaron BrooksMIN@SAC$4,100 PG Tyreke EvansMIN@SAC$6,900

SF Metta World PeaceIND@LAL$6,100 SF P.J. TuckerPHO@CLE$3,600

C Anderson VarejaoPHO@CLE$7,900

PF Jason ThompsonMIN@SAC$5,500

And one 50k:

PG George HillIND@LAL$5,600

PF Antawn JamisonIND@LAL$4,100

C Jonas ValanciunasTOR@HOU$4,60
100% cash. All Kobe-less. In order of lineups:261pts 16th place

275 2nd

261 16th

297 1st

269 11th

217 2nd (expert)

Anyone know what won the larger contests?

Have to believe the Kobe flu news helped because of the lineups I looked at in my leagues last night I don't remember anyone with him.
How does this look...satchel 312

Tyreke Evans

Jeremy Lin

James Harden

Kobe Bryant

Dorell Wright

James Johnson

Kevin Love

Patrick Patterson

Anderson Varejao

Can't stop submitting today.

My 60k lineups:

PG Jrue HolidayDAL@PHI$7,200

PF Pau GasolIND@LAL$6,700

SG Kobe BryantIND@LAL$8,800 SG Paul GeorgeIND@LAL$6,600

SF Shawn MarionDAL@PHI$5,400 SF P.J. TuckerPHO@CLE$3,600

PF Jason ThompsonMIN@SAC$5,500 Pau GasolIND@LAL$6,700

C Jonas ValanciunasTOR@HOU$4,600 C Anderson VarejaoPHO@CLE$7,900

PG Aaron BrooksMIN@SAC$4,100 PG Tyreke EvansMIN@SAC$6,900

SF Metta World PeaceIND@LAL$6,100 SF P.J. TuckerPHO@CLE$3,600

PF Jason ThompsonMIN@SAC$5,500

And one 50k:

PG George HillIND@LAL$5,600

PF Antawn JamisonIND@LAL$4,100

C Jonas ValanciunasTOR@HOU$4,60
100% cash. All Kobe-less. In order of lineups:261pts 16th place

275 2nd

261 16th

297 1st

269 11th

217 2nd (expert)

Anyone know what won the larger contests?

Have to believe the Kobe flu news helped because of the lineups I looked at in my leagues last night I don't remember anyone with him.
How does this look...satchel 312

Tyreke Evans

Jeremy Lin

James Harden

Kobe Bryant

Dorell Wright

James Johnson

Kevin Love

Patrick Patterson

Anderson Varejao

Like 300+ lolNot sure if you were referencing my Kobe comment or not, but someone else did also.....I'm just saying if Kobe was healthy alot more teams would have used him and I might not have run the table. My 261s could have been in jeopardy. I was only planning on Kobe in one lineup before the news, so I'm thinking the news helped me.

Tonight is pretty tough IMO. Might be it for me here...anyone finding some other values? I will have to rework my 50k if I don't see Mo Williams ruled out for sure.

60K's:

PG Jeff TeagueCHA@ATL$6,100

PG Goran DragicPHO@DET$7,200

SG Brad BealPOR@W###4,200

SG James HardenHOU@OKC$7,900

SF Kyle SinglerPHO@DET$4,200

SF Carmelo AnthonyNY@MIL$8,600

PF Carlos BoozerDAL@CHI$6,400

PF Zach RandolphTOR@MEM$7,300

C Greg MonroePHO@DET$8,100

PG Kemba WalkerCHA@ATL$6,400

SG Richard HamiltonDAL@CHI$5,100

SG Manu GinobiliSA@ORL$5,900

SF Carmelo AnthonyNY@MIL$8,600

SF Michael Kidd-GilchristCHA@ATL$5,900

PF Kevin LoveMIN@LAC$9,100

C Tyson ChandlerNY@MIL$6,100

50k:

PG Jamaal TinsleyUTA@NO$4,200

SG Brad BealPOR@W###4,200

SG Joe JohnsonBKN@BOS$5,600

SF Kyle SinglerPHO@DET$4,200

SF Michael Kidd-GilchristCHA@ATL$5,900

PF Zach RandolphTOR@MEM$7,300

C Tyson ChandlerNY@MIL$6,100

I've put together a lineup I really like. NO Love, Melo or Durant. :unsure:

I guess technically I like all my lineups every night or I wouldn't hit submit. Ha!

PG Chris Paul MIN@LAC $8,200

PG Greivis Vasquez UTA@NO $6,100

SG James Harden HOU@OKC $7,900

SG Ben Gordon CHA@ATL $4,500

SF Rudy Gay TOR@MEM $7,200

SF Caron Butler MIN@LAC $4,500

PF Josh Smith CHA@ATL $7,700

PF Ryan Anderson UTA@NO $6,900

C Nikola Pekovic MIN@LAC $6,800

Here's one I like, even though I have $200 change. Gordon has been scoring a decent amount of late. Butler had a massive game last time out. I think Paul kills the Wolves usually.

PG Chris Paul MIN@LAC $8,200PG Greivis Vasquez UTA@NO $6,100SG James Harden HOU@OKC $7,900SG Ben Gordon CHA@ATL $4,500SF Rudy Gay TOR@MEM $7,200SF Caron Butler MIN@LAC $4,500PF Josh Smith CHA@ATL $7,700PF Ryan Anderson UTA@NO $6,900C Nikola Pekovic MIN@LAC $6,800Here's one I like, even though I have $200 change. Gordon has been scoring a decent amount of late. Butler had a massive game last time out. I think Paul kills the Wolves usually.
Keep an eye on JSmith. Thought I saw some injury info on him earlier.Also, Billups is playing tonight. Not sure if that will impact Butler, who is too up and down IMO to play here.

PG Chris Paul MIN@LAC $8,200PG Greivis Vasquez UTA@NO $6,100SG James Harden HOU@OKC $7,900SG Ben Gordon CHA@ATL $4,500SF Rudy Gay TOR@MEM $7,200SF Caron Butler MIN@LAC $4,500PF Josh Smith CHA@ATL $7,700PF Ryan Anderson UTA@NO $6,900C Nikola Pekovic MIN@LAC $6,800Here's one I like, even though I have $200 change. Gordon has been scoring a decent amount of late. Butler had a massive game last time out. I think Paul kills the Wolves usually.
I love Paul tonight too. Though I think you could do much better at PF for your 14k+.

Unless Boozer cools off...I don't see a better option than ZBo and Booz. Chicago should dominate Dallas inside. I used Love in one just to diversify.

Like 300+ lolNot sure if you were referencing my Kobe comment or not, but someone else did also.....I'm just saying if Kobe was healthy alot more teams would have used him and I might not have run the table. My 261s could have been in jeopardy. I was only planning on Kobe in one lineup before the news, so I'm thinking the news helped me.
Nope...someone had asked what the highest score anyone saw last nite was. So far that's the only one that bested the roster you posted.

Rolling with this one tonight...

PG - Tony Parker

PG - Kemba Walker

SG - Austin Rivers

SG - Ronnie Brewer

SF - Kevin Durant

SF - Carmelo Anthony

PF - Kevin Love

PF - Larry Sanders

C - Tyson Chandler

here is my "hope & pray" lineup :)

PG Chris Paul MIN@LAC$8,200

PG Chauncey Billups MIN@LAC$3,300

SG Brad Beal POR@W###4,200

SG James Harden HOU@OKC$7,900

SF Kyle Singler PHO@DET$4,200

SF Carmelo Anthony NY@MIL$8,600

PF Kevin Love MIN@LAC$9,100

PF Carlos Boozer DAL@CHI$6,400

C Greg Monroe PHO@DET$8,100

ok well i am just saying what am seing on injury report could be right could be wrong it say probable so just looking out for you guys :)

Comments???

Jameer Nelson

Jamaal Tinsley

Brad Beal

Austin Rivers

Kyle Singler

Kevin Durant

Carlos Boozer

J.J. Hickson

Robin Lopez

Brandon Knight

Jameer Nelson

Brad Beal

Austin Rivers

Kevin Durant

Carmelo Anthony

Kevin Love

Zach Randolph

Tyson Chandler

'texasheat said:
'kim said:
hey pats fan ronnie brewer is questionable for tonight so u might want to check on that
fwiw - rotoworld says he's playing
Thanks. Yeah, I saw him listed as probable with a side note of "He's playing". But I appreciate the look out.

Trying to decide if I want to get Tinsley out of the 50k or not. MoWill was doing pregame work on the court. Without redoing the entire lineup I don't see many good options.

Billups and Bargnani over Tinsley and Chandler?

Billups and DeRozan over Tinsley and JJohnson?

Hinrich for Tinsley?

Price for Tinsley?

Collison and Caron over Tinsley and MKG?

meh

Probably just do Hinrich or Price?

'BassNBrew said:
Comments???50kJameer NelsonJamaal TinsleyBrad BealAustin RiversKyle SinglerKevin DurantCarlos BoozerJ.J. HicksonRobin Lopez60kBrandon KnightJameer NelsonBrad BealAustin RiversKevin DurantCarmelo AnthonyKevin LoveZach RandolphTyson Chandler
Gonna be an interesting night if alot of people stack those four. I don't know about Rivers, but I think that's a good 60k for the stack. Sticking with Tinsley?

Gonna be an interesting night if alot of people stack those four. I don't know about Rivers, but I think that's a good 60k for the stack. Sticking with Tinsley?
Ended up with this...60K Billips, Paul, Hamilton, Beal, Durant, Anthoney, Love, Boozer, Valen60K Knight, Nelson, Beal, Rivers, Durant, Anthoney, Love, Randolph, Chandler50K Tinsley, Billups, Beal, Rivers, Durant, Ariza, Boozer, Love, O'NealProbably have some guys not playing trying to force in the big names. Hoping Paul/Durant/Anthoney/Love/Boozer was enough of a stack to carry the load.

Condia

Billups, Felton, Harden, Beal, Durant, Anthoney, Love, Boozer, O'Neal

Billups, Paul, Harden, Beal, Singular, Anthoney, Love, Boozer, Monroe

This guy must spend a ton of time entering lineups.

Users who are viewing this thread