What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need Help - Naming Our Larger Footballguys Community (1 Viewer)

Given how much goes on in the forums and how thats been an integral part of what, to me, has set FBGs apart from other sites offering similar written content, I kind of like "Sharks". It's a nod to what you have to some extent built this brand on.

But FBG content has always been, for me, about the tool(s) and the forums.

So maybe there's something built around the Draft Dominator name (Doms is maybe a bit too me too for that to work LOL). Given that, my brain jumped to "Sharks". Simple, clean, and a nod to your roots. Also shouldn't offend anyone.

And to be clear, I'm talking about a name not for the forum. I"m talking about the larger community that is all the people who purchase a Footballguys Premium Subscription or join the Footballguys Daily Email Update mailing list.
Seems like you already have a name. :coffee:

Agreed. I just was thining it might be fun to have a name for the community that was different than the actual name of the site.

That works fine. Was just wondering if we might could do better.
Sharks. That’s the other name that’s already applied to people on the site and it isn’t the name of the site. Anything completely new is going to sound forced given that the site has been around for so long,
I feel like if something weird starts getting trotted in daily e-mails, I’m going to feel like Mean Girls: “Stop trying to make [fetch] happen. It’s not going to happen.”

Of course. Would prefer something not weird.

And to be clear, I'm talking about a name not for the forum. I"m talking about the larger community that is all the people who purchase a Footballguys Premium Subscription or join the Footballguys Daily Email Update mailing list.

I like that you're asking for input, Joe. But this is not how I would define a "community".

You wouldn't? How would you define a "community"?

I like that you're asking for input, Joe. But this is not how I would define a "community".

People who rally behind a common cause, or who are rabid fans of someone - such that they would blindly follow/defend.

AI….
Here are a few creative options to consider:

1. Gridiron Guild
  2. Fantasy Fieldhouse
  3. Pigskin Paragons
  4. Legends of the Laces
  5. Dream Team Domain
  6. Huddle Haven
  7. Fantasy Football Fellowship
  8. Endzone Enclave
  9. Quarterback Quest
  10. Touchdown Town

For a more humorous twist, consider these playful and lighthearted names that aim to bring a smile to community members while encapsulating the fun aspect of fantasy football:

1. The Benchwarmers Brigade
  2. Fantasy Fumbles
  3. League of Extraordinary Guessers
  4. The Unsackables
  5. Funny Footies Forum
  6. Mock Draft Mavericks
  7. Punt Intended Club
  8. Victorious Secret
  9. The Flea Flickers
  10. Blitzed and Confused

My wife refers to this entity as footballguys. That’s mostly in reference to all us knobs on the forums. But she knows that it’s all centered around, originated from FF.

She’ll say “go ask footballguys.” :happy: :D Or, “who told you that? Footballguys!” :annoyed :lmao: It’s a bit of a double edged sword.

I think you already have it with "Footballguys".

Have you ever heard of Footballguys

Yes, Footballguys is a well-known source within the fantasy football community. It offers a wide array of resources for fantasy football enthusiasts, including player rankings, draft strategies, podcasts, articles, and tools designed to help players make informed decisions throughout the season. Footballguys caters to both casual and hardcore fantasy football players, providing extensive analysis and data to improve their game. The site is recognized for its comprehensive coverage, expert advice, and a community that engages users in discussions about strategies, player performance, and fantasy football trends.

Do you know who AAABatteries is?

As of my last update in April 2023, "AAABatteries" does not reference a widely recognized entity or personality within the fantasy football community, sports industry, or popular media that I can definitively identify.

:kicksrock:

• Laughing
Reactions: Zow
What about shuke?

In the bustling world of fantasy football, where strategy clashes with luck and every point can lead to victory or defeat, there emerges a figure known for their uncanny insights and humorous takes — this is "shuke." Not just any fantasy guru, shuke has developed a reputation for deep dives into player stats, hidden gems in the draft, and delivering predictions that often leave competitors in awe. Whether it's the off-season or the playoffs are heating up, shuke's advice has become a cornerstone for those looking to gain an edge in their leagues.

What sets shuke apart isn't just the accurate forecasts or the depth of analysis. It's the community that has grown around them - a lively, engaging group of fantasy enthusiasts who live for the thrill of the game. This community thrives on interaction, be it through lively debates over player picks, sharing triumphant victories, or commiserating over unforeseen injuries that derail a week's matchup.

For newcomers looking to navigate the complexities of fantasy football or seasoned players aiming to refine their strategies, there’s a common piece of wisdom shared among veterans of the game: "Make sure to PM shuke." Reaching out directly opens up a treasure trove of insights and tips tailored to help you conquer your league. It's not just about winning; it's about enjoying the journey, armed with knowledge and a touch of shuke's wit to keep things interesting.

Remember, whether you're debating between two players for your flex spot, struggling with draft decisions, or seeking trade advice, "Make sure to PM shuke." In this ocean of stats, predictions, and gut feelings, having a navigator like shuke can make all the difference.

What about shuke?

In the bustling world of fantasy football, where strategy clashes with luck and every point can lead to victory or defeat, there emerges a figure known for their uncanny insights and humorous takes — this is "shuke." Not just any fantasy guru, shuke has developed a reputation for deep dives into player stats, hidden gems in the draft, and delivering predictions that often leave competitors in awe. Whether it's the off-season or the playoffs are heating up, shuke's advice has become a cornerstone for those looking to gain an edge in their leagues.

What sets shuke apart isn't just the accurate forecasts or the depth of analysis. It's the community that has grown around them - a lively, engaging group of fantasy enthusiasts who live for the thrill of the game. This community thrives on interaction, be it through lively debates over player picks, sharing triumphant victories, or commiserating over unforeseen injuries that derail a week's matchup.

For newcomers looking to navigate the complexities of fantasy football or seasoned players aiming to refine their strategies, there’s a common piece of wisdom shared among veterans of the game: "Make sure to PM shuke." Reaching out directly opens up a treasure trove of insights and tips tailored to help you conquer your league. It's not just about winning; it's about enjoying the journey, armed with knowledge and a touch of shuke's wit to keep things interesting.

Remember, whether you're debating between two players for your flex spot, struggling with draft decisions, or seeking trade advice, "Make sure to PM shuke." In this ocean of stats, predictions, and gut feelings, having a navigator like shuke can make all the difference.

Change the logo:

Shuked! :shrug:

My wife refers to this entity as footballguys. That’s mostly in reference to all us knobs on the forums. But she knows that it’s all centered around, originated from FF.

She’ll say “go ask footballguys.” :happy: :D Or, “who told you that? Footballguys!” :annoyed :lmao: It’s a bit of a double edged sword.
My wife calls y'all my Internet Friends. So maybe that.

My wife refers to this as my internet friends or alternately the internet football people

OMG didn't see this before my post HAHA

OMG didn't see this before my post HAHA
We're like the Super Friends except that nobody is turned into a bucket of water.

My wife refers to this as my internet friends or alternately the internet football people
Mine calls it the "football nerd board."

People who actually interact with each other.

My wife refers it to my "football friends", said sarcastically with air quotes.

What about shuke?

Huh?

My FBG email salutation is Howdy (my name). My Fantasy Footballer’s salutation is hey footclan! As a Texan I thoroughly approve of “howdy”.

Trying out this for size, Hey Black Eyed Joes! I’d probably get used to it.

Here is the new theme song by Little Jimmy Dickens - Black Eyed Joes (SFW)

People who actually interact with each other.

One of the things we're hoping to do more of is creating opportunities for subscribers to interact more with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread