What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need Help - Naming Our Larger Footballguys Community (1 Viewer)

My wife refers to this entity as footballguys. That’s mostly in reference to all us knobs on the forums. But she knows that it’s all centered around, originated from FF.

She’ll say “go ask footballguys.” :happy: :D Or, “who told you that? Footballguys!” :annoyed :lmao: It’s a bit of a double edged sword.
My wife calls y'all my Internet Friends. So maybe that.
OMG didn't see this before my post HAHA
my wife substitutes boyfriends for friends. NTTAWWT

My wife refers to this entity as footballguys. That’s mostly in reference to all us knobs on the forums. But she knows that it’s all centered around, originated from FF.

She’ll say “go ask footballguys.” :happy: :D Or, “who told you that? Footballguys!” :annoyed :lmao: It’s a bit of a double edged sword.
My wife calls y'all my Internet Friends. So maybe that.
OMG didn't see this before my post HAHA
my wife substitutes boyfriends for friends. NTTAWWT
She's just jealous.

Ideally, it would be something that flows easily when I ask people to "Join the __________".
the first thing that popped into my head was "join the field" you know, like our forum is a football field not that we could call ourselves a field and I don't think we should call our self field hands either.

just keeping with something basic and football related: roster

Not great I know but I think AAAbatteries had some good ideas

And to be clear, I'm talking about a name not for the forum. I"m talking about the larger community that is all the people who purchase a Footballguys Premium Subscription or join the Footballguys Daily Email Update mailing list.

I like that you're asking for input, Joe. But this is not how I would define a "community".

You wouldn't? How would you define a "community"?

People who actually interact with each other.

One of the things we're hoping to do more of is creating opportunities for subscribers to interact more with each other.
To discuss things like life, religion, politics, etc.?

What about shuke?

In the bustling world of fantasy football, where strategy clashes with luck and every point can lead to victory or defeat, there emerges a figure known for their uncanny insights and humorous takes — this is "shuke." Not just any fantasy guru, shuke has developed a reputation for deep dives into player stats, hidden gems in the draft, and delivering predictions that often leave competitors in awe. Whether it's the off-season or the playoffs are heating up, shuke's advice has become a cornerstone for those looking to gain an edge in their leagues.

What sets shuke apart isn't just the accurate forecasts or the depth of analysis. It's the community that has grown around them - a lively, engaging group of fantasy enthusiasts who live for the thrill of the game. This community thrives on interaction, be it through lively debates over player picks, sharing triumphant victories, or commiserating over unforeseen injuries that derail a week's matchup.

For newcomers looking to navigate the complexities of fantasy football or seasoned players aiming to refine their strategies, there’s a common piece of wisdom shared among veterans of the game: "Make sure to PM shuke." Reaching out directly opens up a treasure trove of insights and tips tailored to help you conquer your league. It's not just about winning; it's about enjoying the journey, armed with knowledge and a touch of shuke's wit to keep things interesting.

Remember, whether you're debating between two players for your flex spot, struggling with draft decisions, or seeking trade advice, "Make sure to PM shuke." In this ocean of stats, predictions, and gut feelings, having a navigator like shuke can make all the difference.

Huh?

AI knows all.

And to be clear, I'm talking about a name not for the forum. I"m talking about the larger community that is all the people who purchase a Footballguys Premium Subscription or join the Footballguys Daily Email Update mailing list.

I like that you're asking for input, Joe. But this is not how I would define a "community".

You wouldn't? How would you define a "community"?

People who actually interact with each other.

One of the things we're hoping to do more of is creating opportunities for subscribers to interact more with each other.
To discuss things like life, religion, politics, etc.?

Sure. We do that on the forums (without politics now). The Footballguys Discord Community has become super active as well. And I can envision other ways to do more.

Not going to lie. I'm completely baffled by this request

That's interesting and thanks for the feedback. What is baffling @belljr @shuke @DA RAIDERS @Runkle ?

Building up and connecting a big group of customers seems like a pretty normal business thing. We've done great with that over the years on the forum and I've been thinking about how we do that with the larger group of Footballguys subscribers. Since this forum is so close and knowledgeable with Footballguys, I thought there could be good ideas here.

That's interesting and thanks for the feedback. What is baffling @belljr @shuke @DA RAIDERS @Runkle ?

Building up and connecting a big group of customers seems like a pretty normal business thing. We've done great with that over the years on the forum and I've been thinking about how we do that with the larger group of Footballguys subscribers. Since this forum is so close and knowledgeable with Footballguys, I thought there could be good ideas here.
Your brand is FBG's or Footballguys.

Coming up with a "cute" name just seems like trying to find an answer for a problem that doesn't exist. Maybe I'm out of touch but you coming up with a name "The Bryant Heads" isn't going to change anything about connecting customers and consumers :shrug:

Coming up with a "cute" name just seems like trying to find an answer for a problem that doesn't exist. Maybe I'm out of touch but you coming up with a name "The Bryant Heads" isn't going to change anything about connecting customers and consumers :shrug:

Thanks. I definitely don't want anything "cute". And would never do something with me involved like "Bryant Heads". Not sure where that came from.

I meant it exactly as I said in the original post that I wondered if we could do better in inviting people into a community. Sometimes a specific name can do that. Maybe not. But I don't know of a better group more knowledgeable about Footballguys than this forum so I wanted to ask. :shrug:

I'd like to have a fun, clear, clever name that we can call our Footballguys Community for all our subscribers. Not just our forums.

Ideally, it would be something that flows easily when I ask people to "Join the __________".

Thanks. I definitely don't want anything "cute". And would never do something with me involved like "Bryant Heads". Not sure where that came from.

I meant it exactly as I said in the original post that I wondered if we could do better in inviting people into a community. Sometimes a specific name can do that. Maybe not. But I don't know of a better group more knowledgeable about Footballguys than this forum so I wanted to ask. :shrug:

I'd like to have a fun, clear, clever name that we can call our Footballguys Community for all our subscribers. Not just our forums.

All these nicknames are just "cute" fan names. I used Bryant Heads similar to the Dead heads as an example. Nothing more.

All these nicknames are just "cute" fan names. I used Bryant Heads similar to the Dead heads as an example. Nothing more.

Thanks. I don't agree they're all cute but thanks for sharing. Feedback is what I'm looking for there.

If we call our subscribers "The Footballguys" or the "Footballguys Team" do you think that's "cute"?

I always thought we were FootballGuys but maybe that is something you think of more as the folks that actually work in the site. Sharks is another good one.

Given that you have gone with the "Guide" motif recently, I was trying to come up with something that fits there. Maybe "Troopers". IDK.

My wife refers to this as my internet friends or alternately the internet football people
Mine calls it the "football nerd board."
Mine calls you all the ****ing nerds, and insists on NOT believing anything that comes out of here.

Something to die with FBG... EffBeej. Effing Beejes. Effing BeeJays?

Hi Folks,

Need some help. I'd like to have a fun, clear, clever name that we can call our Footballguys Community for all our subscribers. Not just our forums.

My friends at The FantasyFootballers call their subscribers "The Footclan". And that's fun.

I'd like something for us. Sometimes you see it with music bands where the community has names like "Deadheads" for the Grateful Dead or a fun one I discovered yesterday with "Sheerios" for fans of Ed Sheeran.

"The Hive" or "FBG Hive"
Simple and effective.
Instills a sense of community, "buzz", and productivity.
(yes, I understood the assignment)
"check out the Football Guys Hive for all of your FF info, updates, questions, and advice"
"join the Hive... get the latest FF buzz"
"Hive Guys ... fast food for your fantasy football success"
"The Football Guys Hive - a community dedicated to fantasy football production"

Hi Folks,

Need some help. I'd like to have a fun, clear, clever name that we can call our Footballguys Community for all our subscribers. Not just our forums.

My friends at The FantasyFootballers call their subscribers "The Footclan". And that's fun.

I'd like something for us. Sometimes you see it with music bands where the community has names like "Deadheads" for the Grateful Dead or a fun one I discovered yesterday with "Sheerios" for fans of Ed Sheeran.

"The Hive" or "FBG Hive"
Simple and effective.
Instills a sense of community, "buzz", and productivity.
(yes, I understood the assignment)
"check out the Football Guys Hive for all of your FF info, updates, questions, and advice"
"join the Hive... get the latest FF buzz"
"Hive Guys ... fast food for your fantasy football success"
"The Football Guys Hive - a community dedicated to fantasy football production"
This is good stuff.

Sharks don't seem to have good grouping names:

A group of sharks is called a school, shiver, or frenzy. In some cases, the term “herd” may also be used. A shiver is typically made up of sharks that are the same species, while a school can include different kinds of sharks.

Howdy Sharks!
What a draft weekend, head on over to the Pool to discuss to discuss the most sensational picks.

Something with Joe in it.
The Joe's
The Joe Squad
Joe's Crew
I was thinking along the lines of something simple like The Squad, as in "Join the Squad." But that's still too generic, so I'll riff off of Willie's idea, and suggest The J Squad. "Join the J Squad" has a nice flow to it with the J..J, and Squad links to the football nature of the site.

An offshoot of that would be The B Team, picking up the B from Bryant. The B team is of course the secondary team, the reserves, so calling it The B Team shows you're not taking yourself too seriously.

Now you're just trying to get people banned. Challenge accepted!!

The desire for a new name. To me as a 24 year? member, it’s footballguys. Footballguys is the name. There’s no no need, imho, for a catchy name like swifties. I don’t think a new nick name is going to bring the group closer. What is your social media presence? Because I assume that new members are a slightly :lmao: younger demographic. I’d think that using the name footballguys and expanding the social media presence, including gambling, that appeals to younger people would be the way to go. :shrug:

The desire for a new name. To me as a 24 year? member, it’s footballguys. Footballguys is the name. There’s no no need, imho, for a catchy name like swifties. I don’t think a new nick name is going to bring the group closer. What is your social media presence? Because I assume that new members are a slightly :lmao: younger demographic. I’d think that using the name footballguys and expanding the social media presence, including gambling, that appeals to younger people would be the way to go. :shrug:

Thanks. I asked my question because we don't have a specific name that I call our subscribers. And I asked the question if folk thought there was value in creating one.

And for sure, "No, not having a specific name is fine. Just call them Footballguys Subscribers the same way other companies call their customers or subscribers "(Insert Company Name) Customers".

I can see folks that just want to call it "company name subscribers". That's great feedback.

I was surprised people thought the question was baffling though. But not really. I think we've all learned over the years to not be surprised.

Thanks. I asked my question because we don't have a specific name that I call our subscribers. And I asked the question if folk thought there was value in creating one.

And for sure, "No, not having a specific name is fine. Just call them Footballguys Subscribers the same way other companies call their customers or subscribers "(Insert Company Name) Customers".

I can see folks that just want to call it "company name subscribers". That's great feedback.

I was surprised people thought the question was baffling though. But not really. I think we've all learned over the years to not be surprised.
Joe, respectfully, I think we all consider ourselves "footballguys." I know it's your brand name but as a long time subscriber who has met IRL life with other subscribers and nerd out about fantasy football, we refer to ourselves as "footballguys" or "FBGs." In other words, I think the subscribers have already adopted your brand name to describe themselves.

Last edited:

Perhaps wrongly, but it sounds like you define footballguys as you and the staff, which makes sense, but those of us in the peanut gallery ALSO consider ourselves footballguys. There's definitley a disconnect in the dialogue flowing back and forth.

Like many, 99% of my interaction with your platform happens right here in the forums. If instead I interacted heavily with the footballguys.com content, it would make more sense to create some sort of identity for me as a customer.

Users who are viewing this thread