What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Neutral Milk Hotel reunite for tour (2 Viewers)

They pissed me off so bad when they broke up...never got the "We're succesful now so let's quit" mentality. Produced two of the best albums of the nineties and one SUCKED compared to the other.

Sweet, should be able to do both shows in Athens if I can get a sitter. Also rocks that Daniel is getting on this tour. Really nice guy and glad he's getting this opportunity.

Good posting, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would that piss you off? Jeff was uncomfortable with it. Nothing wrong with that.

And both records are incredible; which do you think is better? I would guess I have more friends who prefer OAI than ITAOTS. I think of them as equals.

Always preferred aeroplane myself. I was just pissed cause I was in Athens at the time and it was cool being able to see them for $5 at the 40 Watt when people were paying $50 in NYC.

Always preferred aeroplane myself. I was just pissed cause I was in Athens at the time and it was cool being able to see them for $5 at the 40 Watt when people were paying $50 in NYC.
Cool. Although whoever told you the bolded happened is fos.

Wow, he actually is Kenny Powers.
I actually like them, the greatness theyre held in and thought to be by many is a bit ridiculous to me though, all things considered.

Also, hard to call 3 shows in 2 cities in the US, especially when those cities are Athens and Asheville, a "tour", no? Hopefully they announce some more dates.

I actually like them, the greatness theyre held in and thought to be by many is a bit ridiculous to me though, all things considered.

Also, hard to call 3 shows in 2 cities in the US, especially when those cities are Athens and Asheville, a "tour", no? Hopefully they announce some more dates.
No Kenny, I think the plan is to converge the entire band and then only play five shows. That makes a ton of sense.

Why give a #### if they're overrated? How does that matter?

And in my dreams you're alive and you're crying,
As your mouth moves in mine, soft and sweet.
Rings of flowers round your eyes and I love you,
For the rest of your life (when you're reading).

Brother see, we are one in the same.
And you left with your head filled with flames,
And you watched as your brains fell out through your teeth.
Push the pieces in place.
Make your smile sweet to see.
Don't you take this away.
I'm still wanting my face on your cheek.

And when we break we'll wait for our miracle.
God is a place where some holy spectacle lies.
And when we break we'll wait for our miracle.
God is a place you will wait for the rest of your life.

Check how long he carrys the breath from "the gardenhead knows my name..." through to "leave me alone..."

Apple Jack said:
I still love Holland, 1945. I'm not an indie hipster at all, but I loved that album.
Indie hipsters pretty much begin and end with Holland, 1945.
So do the clueless, apparently. Though Communist Daughter and Oh, Comely are great songs, too.
Sorry, it's a response I've learned after years of Methany and Genesis fans not getting it. The resonance is as heavy as anything I've ever heard. Duke, Bird, Miles, Keith, Jerry, anybody.

You spoke, they listened. Shows in Birmingham and Athens sold out but got two tix for Memphis.

I saw them in Champaign in October before Chicago was announced. The sound was bass/drum heavy in that venue but I chalk that up to the venue/ early on the tour. That said, I loved it... it was freak ing NMH!

I saw them in Champaign in October before Chicago was announced. The sound was bass/drum heavy in that venue but I chalk that up to the venue/ early on the tour. That said, I loved it... it was freak ing NMH!
Yeah I'm sure it'll be amazing just to see them on a stage playing music. My wife is counting down the minutes.

Yeah I'm sure it'll be amazing just to see them on a stage playing music. My wife is counting down the minutes.
:hifive:

T-minus four hours. Second row. Very pumped for this.

Loved the show from back near the edge of the floor. Must've been even better in the second row.

Highlight for me was the Ghost/instrumental to kick off the encore.

Surprised that the band actually had a little energy, given their reluctance to do this for the last 15 years and the fact that they're playing a show pretty much every night. Julian Koster looks like he's 19.

Loved the show from back near the edge of the floor. Must've been even better in the second row.

Highlight for me was the Ghost/instrumental to kick off the encore.

Surprised that the band actually had a little energy, given their reluctance to do this for the last 15 years and the fact that they're playing a show pretty much every night. Julian Koster looks like he's 19.
OAI and Aeroplane are two of my favorite records, so this was a pretty big deal for me and they wildly exceeded my expectations. I was worried for both the band's togetherness and the mix, and both were fantastic. As close as we were, we were still getting most of our sound off the PA and it sounded amazing. Jeff's voice and guitar sounded great in Two Headed Boy, then they used The Fool and the very beginning of Holland to get everybody's levels right. By the time they hit their stride at the end of Holland, it was dialed and they were off and running. Such a beautiflly cracked and rich display of art. With Jeff in excellent voice. They definitely came to kick ### and that they did. I hope to see them again, but based on what I know of Jeff I can see him making this a one lap and done thing. Though there will always be an audience for them playing these songs, new material or no new material.

Saw them on the aeroplane tour with Olivia tremor and it was jaw dropping. Haven't listened to them in a long time. Have to dig em out.

Saw them on the aeroplane tour with Olivia tremor and it was jaw dropping. Haven't listened to them in a long time. Have to dig em out.
Go see them. I had the flu for the Terra-whatever show in SF in '98 and ended up not going. But two guys who saw that show, and five others who saw them in NYC on that tour were with me on Friday and everybody said this was leaps and bounds better. Go.

Prospect Park Brooklyn, Meriweather Post Pavilion and Philly, all in July, added today.
Dont know about the other venues, but Merriweather is giant steps in venue size compared to what it seems like theyve been playing over the past year, at least in the US, no?

That said, would definitely like to make it to that show. Too bad their isnt a good opener/co-headliner.

Users who are viewing this thread