What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New changes to this year's NFL schedule (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
Well, the entire NFL schedule for the 2018 season came out yesterday.  I did manage to copy it in its entirety earlier today when I got home from work.  Anyway, there are going to be games flexed into Saturdays for Weeks 15 and 16 this year.  Anyway, if you go to www.nfl.com and read the schedule you'll see the following note:

Flexibility for Saturday games in Weeks 15 and 16 is also part of the 2018 schedule. In Week 15, there will be two games played on Saturday on NFL Network: Houston at the New York Jets and Cleveland at Denver, with the game times of 4:30 PM ET and 8:20 PM ET to be determined. In Week 16, two of four possible matchups will be scheduled for Saturday: Baltimore at Los Angeles Chargers, Jacksonville at Miami, the New York Giants at Indianapolis or Washington at Tennessee. Start times and Saturday games for Week 15 and 16 will be announced no later than following Week 8, with the non-Saturday games to be played on Sunday.

I have no problems with games being flexed into Saturdays, just as long as they have playoff implications going in.  Does anyone else agree with the league's plan to flex games into Saturdays?

As a tv watcher it’s great.  If I travelled to attend it’s a slight pain but giving almost two months is fine.  College screws this up announcing game times 12 days in advance and sometimes only 6 days

Another large mistake by the NFL in continuing to oversaturate their own market.  They just keep making the games that much less of a special event.

I like NFL on Saturdays after the CFB regular season has ended.  Why are they waiting to flex the games into Saturday instead of just picking the games right now?

I like NFL on Saturdays after the CFB regular season has ended.  Why are they waiting to flex the games into Saturday instead of just picking the games right now?
They want better/more important matchups would be my guess.

:confused:

for the same reason they flex the sunday night games.  They want to try to get the best games possible in the prime time slots, which are too hard to predict before the season.

This sucks.  I was just looking at the schedule for week 16 for fantasy purposes and was glad to see no Saturday games now I see this.  I hate them because it makes you set your lineups for the most important week of the year early and could cause problems if you have questionable guys on Sunday or teams that might not have to play to win based on Saturday results.

Also Denver at Oakland for the final fantasy game of the year is a real crappy game to have as the final game with very limited amount of big time players in that one for fantasy purposes.

Another large mistake by the NFL in continuing to oversaturate their own market.  They just keep making the games that much less of a special event.
They’ve had late season Saturday games for a very long time. This change is only allowing them to choose which game during week 8 instead of now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread