What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New York Magazine: Donald Trump is running for President again. (1 Viewer)

Sure, maybe. Other factors too.  But I was just addressing the blanket statement that Fla handled it better the Cali.  In some respects that’s true, in others it’s not.  
Do you think California has more freedom than Florida.  This is Newsom’s claim.

Do you think California has more freedom than Florida.  This is Newsom’s claim.
That’s a difficult question to answer personally. Outside of work and absent COVID I’ve never felt “restricted” or not free here in Cali.  I’ve lived in Fla too and it didn’t feel from a state level any different (better or worse).  Now from a business standpoint Cali is certainly tough to do business in no doubt. It’s also getting tougher.  But outside of work I live my life exactly as I would in Fla.  🤷🏻

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve never understood how Trump is always the fault of those who oppose him. 
Well "those who oppose him" are the ones that created the conditions which made him viable.  Even the Republicans who act like they're better than Trump contributed to those conditions.  It was only due to the fact that establishment politicians were so clearly steeped in corruption that Trump's 'outsider' bit worked.

Not missing that point at all. If that's what they want then they should get more involved in the GOP primaries.
I wasn’t offering that as a pragmatic voting option.  It was more to illustrate your bad faith arguing for the past few pages.  Your goalposts are on roller skates.  

Well "those who oppose him" are the ones that created the conditions which made him viable.  Even the Republicans who act like they're better than Trump contributed to those conditions.  It was only due to the fact that establishment politicians were so clearly steeped in corruption that Trump's 'outsider' bit worked.
This is stratospheric level conjecture.  

The working class viewing the establishment as corrupted is conjecture? 

Don't lump the working class in that group.  It was a segment of the America Trump tapped  into - and it's not a very appealing segment.  And yes that segment opposed a government that wasn't working for them.  And ironically Trump wasn't either.

Don't lump the working class in that group.  It was a segment of the America Trump tapped  into - and it's not a very appealing segment.  And yes that segment opposed a government that wasn't working for them.  And ironically Trump wasn't either.
Trump won because working class Dems switched sides. I’ve presented facts and data multiple times in the other thread and you want to claim we’re the ones promoting conjecture. Or, you can bury your head in the sand and call everyone that voted for Trump a white supremacist.

Here are some 2016 post election polls.    

NY Times

It was folks earning $50,000 to $99,000, those who would be considered working class, who preferred Trump by the greatest margin of all income brackets — 50 percent to 46 percent.

Trump won because working class Dems switched sides. I’ve presented facts and data multiple times in the other thread and you want to claim we’re the ones promoting conjecture. Or, you can bury your head in the sand and call everyone that voted for Trump a white supremacist.

Here are some 2016 post election polls.    

NY Times

It was folks earning $50,000 to $99,000, those who would be considered working class, who preferred Trump by the greatest margin of all income brackets — 50 percent to 46 percent.

I went to look but not willing to pay.  It wasn't the white supremacists I was referring to - that likely just a subset of the group i mentioned.

And why look at 2016?  Were is 2020?

And I think I might know your alias.

I went to look but not willing to pay.  It wasn't the white supremacists I was referring to - that likely just a subset of the group i mentioned.

And why look at 2016?  Were is 2020?

And I think I might know your alias.
What group? People who think that politicians are corrupted? Yeah like that’s a huge stretch 🤣. And GTFO with some alias crap I’m a 3 digit and been here as long as anyone.

What group? People who think that politicians are corrupted? Yeah like that’s a huge stretch 🤣. And GTFO with some alias crap I’m a 3 digit and been here as long as anyone.

We all know who he appealed to most.  Don't make me say it and get those on this board wound up.

And as far as the alias - gotcha

We all know who he appealed to most.  Don't make me say it and get those on this board wound up.

And as far as the alias - gotcha
Sure but those people were voting for him regardless. The discussion is around why he won and it was working class folks crossing the isle. 

Trump won because working class Dems switched sides.
Trump won because he was running against Hillary.  Biden won because he was running against Trump.  The GOP candidate will likely win because they'll be running against Biden/Harris

In short, our recent presidents have been elected more for who they weren't rather than who they were

Sure but those people were voting for him regardless. The discussion is around why he won and it was working class folks crossing the isle. 

brotha said it best right above.  Also, it swung cause comey announced the FBI was looking at something that involved hilary in the final weeks.  538 said this may have been the difference maker.  

Godsbrother said:
Trump won because he was running against Hillary.  Biden won because he was running against Trump.  The GOP candidate will likely win because they'll be running against Biden/Harris

In short, our recent presidents have been elected more for who they weren't rather than who they were

True this.

Even Trump would beat Biden in 2024. 

DeSantis >>> Trump, but

Trump >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Biden

I think they are both fascists and need to be evaluated that way
Okay. 

But only 1 lies about a rigged election, attempted to pressure election officials to "find" him votes, attempted to defraud by using a fake set of electors, considered seizing voting machines & declare martial law, pressured the Vice President to throw out the certified results of states that he lost, and when all of that failed held a rally that ended minutes before the certification process and told his supporters to march to the Capitol because if they didn't fight they wouldn't have a country.   

Oh, then he sat on his butt for 3+ hours and watched as the Capitol building was being vandalized.

Only 1 of these two did that and unbelievably the one that did it is the one that has you support.

I think they are both fascists and need to be evaluated that way

You think Biden is a fascist?  I mean, he's really bad, too old/not with it and can't get out of his own way but you may be the first person I've heard that thought he was a fascist.

FairWarning said:
I’m not sure if it was a state or national deal.  Newsom was factually wrong anyway as California was far worse than Florida in handling COVID.
Florida more cases and deaths per capita than CA, with lower vaccination rate. 

Numbers here

ETA Nm, I see others have corrected you, but you’re not interested in facts.

Florida more cases and deaths per capita than CA, with lower vaccination rate. 

Numbers here

ETA Nm, I see others have corrected you, but you’re not interested in facts.

Maybe instead of your post-ending snark, you should consider how many more elderly people live in FL vs. CA. Oh wait, that fact doesn't fit your narrative, so you dismiss it. Carry on.

81 million I keep hearing.
A portion of those 81 million, of course. Those of us that voted against...this. Notsomuch. For the first and hopefully last time in my life I was a single issue voter and nothing that transpires over these 4 years will ever leave me second guessing it. 

Prior to DJT it would have been inconceivable that we would see a POTUS sitting at a dining room table watching the United States Capitol  being vandalized and a branch of government threatened and not lift a finger to stop it.

Donald Trump was fully aware of what was going on and was implored by his staff, his family, his closest advisers and members of congress to tell the crowd to disperse.  Even Sean Hannity told him he needed to stop it.

Kevin McCarthy called the president and told him what was going on, Trump said that it wasn’t his people, it was Antifa (which is weird, why should it matter who was attacking). 

McCarthy told the President that no, these ARE your people and he responded by saying “well I guess they are more upset over the election than you are”. Verifying the fact that he knew darn well who was causing the violence at the Capitol.

The president ignored these requests because for a time, the mob was accomplishing what he wanted: they halted the certification process.

It wasn’t until after it was reported on Fox News that the police were beginning to get the upper hand (more than 3 hours after he learned of the assault) that Trump reluctantly told the mob to go home and they were special and he loved them.

How this man has a single supporter left is amazing to me. I am interested to hear from FBGers that still do defend the inaction of DJT on 1/6.

I can’t control whether other people are lying or misrepresenting the facts, but I can try to avoid doing the same.  :shrug:
I am curious which people that have testified under oath you believe are lying and what their motivations are.

Almost all of them are lifelong Republicans that were staunch supporters of the former president.

Also it has been clearly shown that Trump chose not to help quell the crowd or send aid to the police at the Capitol for more than 3 hours.  These are facts that require no testimony.

I really don’t understand your reluctance to condemn the inactions of our former president during a time when the US Capitol was being vandalized and members of congress and the Vice President were threatened.

I am curious which people that have testified under oath you believe are lying and what their motivations are.

Almost all of them are lifelong Republicans that were staunch supporters of the former president.

Also it has been clearly shown that Trump chose not to help quell the crowd or send aid to the police at the Capitol for more than 3 hours.  These are facts that require no testimony.

I really don’t understand your reluctance to condemn the inactions of our former president during a time when the US Capitol was being vandalized and members of congress and the Vice President were threatened.
I think you are missing the conversation - they were talking about Covid, not Trump and the hearings.

You may be confusing me with someone else. I think Trump fully knew what he was doing, and directly contributed to the events of January 6. His actions were and are deplorable, as are the people who support him, by proxy. I can’t imagine voting for him under any circumstances, nor any of the obnoxious, neo-MAGA politicians cropping up around the country. As long as Trump or one of his acolytes appears on any ballot where I’m eligible to vote , I’ll choose the opposition. I don’t want any part of that demagoguery.

All that said, I haven’t been following the  Jan 6 hearings at all. I was mainly commenting on @FairWarningrandomly chastising Newsom for lying about covid, while posting a demonstrably false statement about Florida handling the pandemic better than California. 

You may be confusing me with someone else. I think Trump fully knew what he was doing, and directly contributed to the events of January 6. His actions were and are deplorable, as are the people who support him, by proxy. I can’t imagine voting for him under any circumstances, nor any of the obnoxious, neo-MAGA politicians cropping up around the country. As long as Trump or one of his acolytes appears on any ballot where I’m eligible to vote , I’ll choose the opposition. I don’t want any part of that demagoguery.

All that said, I haven’t been following the  Jan 6 hearings at all. I was mainly commenting on @FairWarningrandomly chastising Newsom for lying about covid, while posting a demonstrably false statement about Florida handling the pandemic better than California. 
ah okay.  I misunderstood

“If I announced that I was not going to run for office, the persecution of Donald Trump would immediately stop. That’s what they want me to do. But you know what? There’s no chance I do that.” https://t.co/hMr3tHlLez
He's getting old. Not Joe Biden one foot in the grave old, but it's clearly not 2016 any more. Sad!

Also kudos to Filipkowski to (mostly) quoting someone accurately for change. Genuinely surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread