What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

News from Mike Tomlin's news conference (1 Viewer)

Godsbrother

Footballguy
Mike Tonlin denied reports that QB Ben Roethlisberger has a should separation. "I have no idea where that came from. It is a sore shoulder". He called it a sprain of the A/C joint and went on to say that Roethlisberger told him this morning that his shoulder feels better than last week.

Tomlin did rule out DE Brett Keisel (calf) from this week's game and said he will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. That's great to hear. What was Al Michaels talking about?
Not sure. Tomlin was asked if Ben told the NBC crew that his shoulder was separated and his reponse was "not to my knowledge". I think Madden/Michaels may have misinterpreted the report or possibly Ben DID tell them that. Either way it may account for his elusiveness when asked about his shoulder immediately after the game when interviewed by NBC.Early in Ben's career he had a tendency to claim injuries that were not acknowledged by the Steelers organization. I remember Ben claiming that he played the last couple of games of his rookie year with a broken toe and Cowher was completely shocked when asked about it at his end-of-season news conference. I think there was a similar story about his thumb too -- Ben claiming it was injured and Cowher saying it was fine.I am not saying that is the case here -- I really have no idea. Tthe bottom line is that Tomlin said today that in no point during last week's game did he consider taking Ben out and fully expect Ben to play this week against the Eagles.

Thanks. That's great to hear. What was Al Michaels talking about?
Not sure. Tomlin was asked if Ben told the NBC crew that his shoulder was separated and his reponse was "not to my knowledge". I think Madden/Michaels may have misinterpreted the report or possibly Ben DID tell them that. Either way it may account for his elusiveness when asked about his shoulder immediately after the game when interviewed by NBC.Early in Ben's career he had a tendency to claim injuries that were not acknowledged by the Steelers organization. I remember Ben claiming that he played the last couple of games of his rookie year with a broken toe and Cowher was completely shocked when asked about it at his end-of-season news conference. I think there was a similar story about his thumb too -- Ben claiming it was injured and Cowher saying it was fine.I am not saying that is the case here -- I really have no idea. Tthe bottom line is that Tomlin said today that in no point during last week's game did he consider taking Ben out and fully expect Ben to play this week against the Eagles.
FWIW, Tomlin was on Sirius today and basically guaranteed that Ben would start this week. The injury was not a concern at all. He did acknowledge that there was something though, as he mentioned that the team doctors told him that there was virtually no risk of further damage to the shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread