What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFC Wild Card Game: Detroit at Dallas (1 Viewer)

Winner?

• Total voters
It's going to be sweet watching the lions piss their pants in the second half.
It sure was sweet watching the Detroit Stompers piss themselves.
Doubtful, now the team with the nuttiest and most delusional fans get the Boys instead the panturds. You're gonna lose in the next two weeks regardless, I guess you want to get it out of the way ASAP?
Did you see during the Bengals game when they showed the longest playoff win droughts and Detroit was in second place behind the Bengals. They can't even win a loser contest.

boom bromigo you just came in with some ancient aliens mystery solving stuff right there take that to the bank brohan i think that solves it and we can all move on now rest easy detroit you did not get jobbed your own guy was facemasking and made it all happen wow that is like the egypitans being built by zartonians from the fifth dimension it just blew my mind take that to the bank
I really hope all 2,557 of your other posts aren't as unreadable as this one is.
most are probably worse bromigo but i yam what i yam and i dance with the girl who brung me and hey if she is ugly she is but she is all mine take that to the bank

he won't. Knows he's wrong so will dance around it and insult you or find a way to 'not have time for this'. Just let him be.
I wont take anything he says seriously. ..ever. he does nothing more than follow people around trolling. Just as he tried with me here.And never a need to insult him, he makes himself look bad enough on his own.
So....you said they did the right thing by picking up the flag. Yet, most NFL analysts disagree. Why do you think they are wrong? You won't answer the question. That's not trolling. Oh...and you take everything anyone says to you seriously because you always reply!!!!

:lmao:

Still trying...man, your obsession is strong.

Its like the how to keep an idiot in suspense at this point... watching you flail about.

Take you seriously...never have, never will.

And you have replied to me even when im not even talking to you.

Oof.

Gotta make plays not excuses. Overcoming adversity is part of winning.

Only real choke was Martin shanking the biggest punt of his life. 10 yards.

Stafford played well, Suh gave everything, just wasn't enough.
Your coach choked by punting on 4th and 1 inside Dallas territory. That was wildly incompetent game-day decision making.
Patchwork line has been a weakness all year. Martin was averaging 44.0 / net 43.3 and ball was at midfield. Seemed like the right call there.

Sooooooo....let me get this straight. The NFL fixed this game, but didn't do anything about a horrendous, sub .500 Carolina team from winning a division and hosting a playoff game. I got that right?

Also, I spent the last 10 days in Detroit. Listened to a lot of sports talk and talked to a lot of sports fans. Almost everything I heard was negative tripe about the team, especially Stafford, Suh and Caldwell. If that's the support you give your team, you deserve this. Horrible fan base.
Look I don't like either team but it obvious this was not a fix to help Dallas. No one would 'fix' a game by putting the ball in Romo's hands in the 4th quarter. Until it happened, the chances of Romo leading a game-winning playoff drive was about .005% and the chances of a heart-breaking pick 6 was about 75%. My guess is they were trying to hand the victory to Detroit. Logic fellas, logic.
Again... wasn't 'fixed', where it was a 100% guarantee Dallas needed to win this game. They could have done it more discretely if so.

But something was up. Either personal gain for the ref if they did win, or more likely, just an awful call where he got scared and picked it up. Either way, that changed the outcome and is one of the most sketchy looking calls we've ever seen.
I have never seen a call and then pick up of a flag in this big of a game like that... Clear robbery... Bad it has to happen to Detroit, Im from the area and the people here work so hard and root for their team like crazy... For the guy who said they have a horrible fan base he is lost. They have lots of loyal humble fans. Been a while since the lions have won anything... Seems like the refs just won't have it.
The hell I am misguided. I spent 10 days there listening to sports talk or talking to sports fans and they were excoriating the Lions, especially after the loss to Green Bay. Call after call after call was ripping the team apart, especially Matt Stafford. NOBODY called in to defend him, not once. There was one afternoon host (who was very entertaining) that just attacked Suh, saying he was worthless and didn't want him on the team. The vocal fans I heard treated the Lions like they weren't even in the playoffs. Absolutely brutal way to treat your team and yeah, I get it, sports talk callers are booger eating basement dwellers, but there was absolutely NO defense of this team, what it accomplished this year and especially no defense of Matt Stafford, who was pulverized by the media while I was there.

I think the city is fed up with losing and agree that there are great fans, but I'm not lost on this. I was there. I heard it. They treat Matt Stafford like a disease.

Its like the how to keep an idiot in suspense at this point... watching you flail about.

Oof.
:doh: weak trolling sho nuff.

Either answer his basic question or stop responding. Anyways, you got your argument with him you were fishing for. I applaud your trolling success.... now move on.

Oof.
You are a true nutjob.

Bring it on cowgirls. Time to play in the frozen tundra
"Cowgirls!" So original! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!
Don't mess with...

THE LEGION OF DUMB
What happened to you? I used to actually like your posts and now it's like you just lost all your mojo.
You probably don't like me anymore because I call you on your :bs: :shrug:
No it's more like you lost the ability to be funny beyond name calling and fonts.

So then you're arguing that it should have been illegal contact for the jersey pull/contact, and then offensive pass interference... so offsetting and Lions redo 3rd down?
Exactly.....illegal contact occurred before this which would have been a 1st down if we want to bring up all other penalties besides the one called......then not.

Your coach choked by punting on 4th and 1 inside Dallas territory. That was wildly incompetent game-day decision making.
Patchwork line has been a weakness all year. Martin was averaging 44.0 / net 43.3 and ball was at midfield. Seemed like the right call there.
Right call might be a stretch, but I agree that I don't feel great about picking up the 4th and 1 there given the state of the O-line.

Bring it on cowgirls. Time to play in the frozen tundra
"Cowgirls!" So original! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!
Don't mess with...

THE LEGION OF DUMB
What happened to you? I used to actually like your posts and now it's like you just lost all your mojo.
You probably don't like me anymore because I call you on your :bs: :shrug:
No it's more like you lost the ability to be funny beyond name calling and fonts.
It's probably all the tap water I've been drinking. Any suggestions?

Still trying...man, your obsession is strong. :lmao:

Oof.
:doh: weak trolling sho nuff.Either answer his basic question or stop responding. Anyways, you got your argument with him you were fishing for. I applaud your trolling success.... now move on.
He brought me up...so how was i fishing for an argument?Look at his posts. .."its so easy with you"

He trolled...got mocked and is now acting like he cares about anything more than his weak attempts to piss me off. He should have learned years ago he will never do so. Yet, like he does with tim in the ffa...he doesn't give up.

I said my peace on the penalty when it happened. I dint care one bit if he doesn't like it.

Btw...note which ine is slinging the insults to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oof.
:doh: weak trolling sho nuff.Either answer his basic question or stop responding. Anyways, you got your argument with him you were fishing for. I applaud your trolling success.... now move on.
He won't answer it and now he is in full tilt nutjob mode.

BTW, what the F was Governor Doug Christie -- from another state no less -- doing in Jerry Joneses box??? Traitor.
Presidential bids take a lot of cash and toadying up to Jerrah Jones is a great way to pad your war chest for the stretch run.
Kissing Jerruhs ###, great way to raise a lot of money and lose a ton of votes when caught on camera.
I'm sure he'll take the trade off.
For sure.....when these politicians raise millions for their "campaigns" I wonder how much of that $$$ends up in their personal accounts when allis said and done.

That "patchwork" line produced 3.6 YPA. They needed 1 yard.

In 2014 the Lions ran 41 plays when needing 1 yard. They succeeded 66% of the time

Even better, The Lions were 4-for-5 on 4th-and-1 this year

Oof.
I dint care one bit if he doesn't like it.

Sooooooo....let me get this straight. The NFL fixed this game, but didn't do anything about a horrendous, sub .500 Carolina team from winning a division and hosting a playoff game. I got that right?

Also, I spent the last 10 days in Detroit. Listened to a lot of sports talk and talked to a lot of sports fans. Almost everything I heard was negative tripe about the team, especially Stafford, Suh and Caldwell. If that's the support you give your team, you deserve this. Horrible fan base.
Look I don't like either team but it obvious this was not a fix to help Dallas. No one would 'fix' a game by putting the ball in Romo's hands in the 4th quarter. Until it happened, the chances of Romo leading a game-winning playoff drive was about .005% and the chances of a heart-breaking pick 6 was about 75%. My guess is they were trying to hand the victory to Detroit. Logic fellas, logic.
Again... wasn't 'fixed', where it was a 100% guarantee Dallas needed to win this game. They could have done it more discretely if so.But something was up. Either personal gain for the ref if they did win, or more likely, just an awful call where he got scared and picked it up. Either way, that changed the outcome and is one of the most sketchy looking calls we've ever seen.
I have never seen a call and then pick up of a flag in this big of a game like that... Clear robbery... Bad it has to happen to Detroit, Im from the area and the people here work so hard and root for their team like crazy... For the guy who said they have a horrible fan base he is lost. They have lots of loyal humble fans. Been a while since the lions have won anything... Seems like the refs just won't have it.
The hell I am misguided. I spent 10 days there listening to sports talk or talking to sports fans and they were excoriating the Lions, especially after the loss to Green Bay. Call after call after call was ripping the team apart, especially Matt Stafford. NOBODY called in to defend him, not once. There was one afternoon host (who was very entertaining) that just attacked Suh, saying he was worthless and didn't want him on the team. The vocal fans I heard treated the Lions like they weren't even in the playoffs. Absolutely brutal way to treat your team and yeah, I get it, sports talk callers are booger eating basement dwellers, but there was absolutely NO defense of this team, what it accomplished this year and especially no defense of Matt Stafford, who was pulverized by the media while I was there.

I think the city is fed up with losing and agree that there are great fans, but I'm not lost on this. I was there. I heard it. They treat Matt Stafford like a disease.
I listen to Detroit Sports 105.1 every afternoon and don't hear any of that. I also get a half dozen podcasts (mostly player shows, not exactly hard hitting), listen to Caldwell and player interviews virtually everyday, interact with other other members of the Detroit Lions NYC Fans board daily, et al. I have a completely different perspective of Lions fans.

I spent 31 of my 52 years in Michigan, and there's definitely a defeatist attitude among the Same Ole Lions group. WXYT 1270 (defunct?) and the Ticket (97.1) are echo chambers for 20 year troll writers like Terry Foster and Drew Sharp. I'm not a huge fan of little fella (Albom) but if you choose to you can get away from losers who just want to whine and complain.

Don't doubt what you heard was genuine, GB, but don't think for one second that is the fan base. Michigan economy and the city of Detroit's perpetual woes are factors - lots of negativity in general in the mitten, not just Lions fans. But that doesn't mean all Michiganders are like that.

So what's this I'm seeing on Twitter about pictures of the NFL Head of Officiating on a party bus with Jerry Jones?

IMAX 3D said:
I won't watch another nfl game. I'm done with this crap. It'll be nice to have my Sundays freed up in the fall/winter
Holy #### :lmao: :lmao:
I'm going to call BS. He will be back next week.
Not a chance.Just watched the sports enter highlights and they glossed over the key play of the game like it never happened.
Seriously? You're a Lions fan, you've literally never known what winning feels like... but THIS is really the final straw for you? Get over it man. Both teams played 60 minutes of football, the Lions had every opportunity to make it so the refs couldn't impact the game if they wanted to, but instead Caldwell rolled over and went conservative as if there wasn't another half of football to play. The refs didn't steal this game from Detroit, Detroit stole the win from themselves.
Perfect post

Again... wasn't 'fixed', where it was a 100% guarantee Dallas needed to win this game. They could have done it more discretely if so.

But something was up. Either personal gain for the ref if they did win, or more likely, just an awful call where he got scared and picked it up. Either way, that changed the outcome and is one of the most sketchy looking calls we've ever seen.

I hear a lot of talk radio in the area and this analysis is spot on.

Is there a rule that a call cannot be overturned after announced? If not, you all acting like some obscene injustice occurred just sound desperate.

Again... wasn't 'fixed', where it was a 100% guarantee Dallas needed to win this game. They could have done it more discretely if so.But something was up. Either personal gain for the ref if they did win, or more likely, just an awful call where he got scared and picked it up. Either way, that changed the outcome and is one of the most sketchy looking calls we've ever seen.

I listen to Detroit Sports 105.1 every afternoon and don't hear any of that. I also get a half dozen podcasts (mostly player shows, not exactly hard hitting), listen to Caldwell and player interviews virtually everyday, interact with other other members of the Detroit Lions NYC Fans board daily, et al. I have a completely different perspective of Lions fans.

I spent 31 of my 52 years in Michigan, and there's definitely a defeatist attitude among the Same Ole Lions group. WXYT 1270 (defunct?) and the Ticket (97.1) are echo chambers for 20 year troll writers like Terry Foster and Drew Sharp. I'm not a huge fan of little fella (Albom) but if you choose to you can get away from losers who just want to whine and complain.

Don't doubt what you heard was genuine, GB, but don't think for one second that is the fan base. Michigan economy and the city of Detroit's perpetual woes are factors - lots of negativity in general in the mitten, not just Lions fans. But that doesn't mean all Michiganders are like that.
Buddy, they were KILLING Matthew Stafford all 10 days I was there. It was brutal. Calling him everything to a bust to overrated and everything in between. I'll have to ask my FIL who it was we listened to in the afternoons (some guy from NY who is not a homer). He was vicious with his attacks on Suh and said he deserved the suspension. Caldwell too was targeted numerous times and attacked by callers and show hosts alike. Maybe we're listening to different shows, but I know what I heard and what I heard was delusional. Guys attacking Matt Stafford are off their freaking rocker and there were NUMEROUS calls lambasting him as a QB.

Game isn't fixed. Some Refs suck at their jobs.
It doesn't help that they are put in a group they don't normally work with. This isn't baseball where a person is making an individual call 99% of the time. The NFL is a lot of cogs moving at once and I'm sure it helps to know and trust where your partners are looking. I could be wrong though my officiating experience is minimal and non existent in football. This weekend it has appeared that it has made a difference in how these guys are calling games.

Buddy, they were KILLING Matthew Stafford all 10 days I was there. It was brutal. Calling him everything to a bust to overrated and everything in between. I'll have to ask my FIL who it was we listened to in the afternoons (some guy from NY who is not a homer). He was vicious with his attacks on Suh and said he deserved the suspension. Caldwell too was targeted numerous times and attacked by callers and show hosts alike. Maybe we're listening to different shows, but I know what I heard and what I heard was delusional. Guys attacking Matt Stafford are off their freaking rocker and there were NUMEROUS calls lambasting him as a QB.
Detroit sportstalk radio is the pits, but so is most sportstalk radio (DC not too bad).

Users who are viewing this thread