What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Investigating possible rigged superbowl 48 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the clueless ones with their worthless opinions will always scream the loudest b/c it shakes their fantasy world. That is why I never last on any sports forums. Maybe when I go in for my lobotomy, I will be able to relate to these losers?!? lol
I love irony.

Here is a very interesting article I dug up. I like the work he did on the infamous steelers/chargers 11-10 game that was such a BS game it's not even funny.... here it is.....

http://spaces.covers.com/blog/MaximumWins/NFL/03042012-Reasons-Why-The-NFL-Is-Fixed-For-Profit.html
Well, if MaximumWins, from Covers of all places says it's fixed, then I guess it must be.
Why don't you read the article and look at the facts before you open your mouth and shut it down. That's the problem with society they call names and act like children when their little world is shattered and the truth comes out. Go hide in your bedroom it will be ok your team might win the SB next year... Oh how great that will be... LMAO
I'm not going to touch your bait. And I really, really, really hope it's bait.

Loved that linked article, I read the whole thing. I also liked him in that Will Smith movie.

The only problem is that he provides virtually zero specifics for how the games in his examples were fixed. Specifically how would the NFL go about ensuring a 35 point blowout? You're the ringleader here TT so let's hear the details. Who was involved and how did the engineer it?

Enquiring minds want to know.

:popcorn:

I have to imagine Joe has to see threads like these at times with some regret and disappointment that he couldn't mold a more intelligent product after all these years. This thread is symptomatic of a much larger pattern of littering the field with b.s. fishing trips that, back in the day, was dealt with swiftly and harshly.

Oh well. Good old days.

I have to imagine Joe has to see threads like these at times with some regret and disappointment that he couldn't mold a more intelligent product after all these years. This thread is symptomatic of a much larger pattern of littering the field with b.s. fishing trips that, back in the day, was dealt with swiftly and harshly.

Oh well. Good old days.
Maybe Joe is keeping an open mind to the possibility that TT is right? After all TT is presenting a very compelling case for being fitted for a straight jacket.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's probably a mixture of officials, owners, vegas, players that add to the cesspool. Who cares how big the blowout was... The point was the game was rigged no matter what the score was..... The only point im trying to prove and as Chaka mentions, is that the Game was rigged, along with the NFC championship game and a slew of others I can think of off the top of my head. I am at least brining up well documented facts and some pretty good proof to some very fish calls/ plays and etc. All the Non believers are doing is calling names and telling us were crazy. Where is the proof to prove that the Superbowl wasn't rigged and Im crazy? ok you have none so continue your name calling and ####### commenting it will get you nowhere. Hopefully America has awoken to criminal activity that has perpetuated even down to our Sporting events. I would have a hard time Betting on another Superbowl ever again after seeing this last Debacle.

it's probably a mixture of officials, owners, vegas, players that add to the cesspool. Who cares how big the blowout was... The point was the game was rigged no matter what the score was..... The only point im trying to prove and as Chaka mentions, is that the Game was rigged, along with the NFC championship game and a slew of others I can think of off the top of my head. I am at least brining up well documented facts and some pretty good proof to some very fish calls/ plays and etc. All the Non believers are doing is calling names and telling us were crazy. Where is the proof to prove that the Superbowl wasn't rigged and Im crazy? ok you have none so continue your name calling and ####### commenting it will get you nowhere. Hopefully America has awoken to criminal activity that has perpetuated even down to our Sporting events. I would have a hard time Betting on another Superbowl ever again after seeing this last Debacle.
This might be where your problem lies.

This might be where your problem lies.
I think being a pats fan is yours!

First and foremost the NFL, is a business, and business is only concerned with profit at any cost.

The NFL, is legally classified, and this is not left to chance because of legal exposure to class-action law suits under the NFL's own corporate charter and by-laws: "Entertainment" Not, I repeat not, classified as a "Sport".

Just as Fox network is legally classified and registered under FCC as an "Entertainment" Network and not, a "News Network".

The distinction is based on legal definitions that if not properly clarified could lead the NFL, just like Fox, to massive class-action law suits for mis-representation and fraud under the RICO Act.

Entertainment and Sports are two very different things.

Entertainment has no over-sight nor does it have any real control over it.

You can get away with most anything if you are "entertainment" from a legal standpoint.

In addition, I personally having worked many years in TV News, as a producer, director etc., learned to my absolute disgust many, many years ago from sport-casters that I worked with at CBS, NBC, and Fox, that the NFL, is as they put it is:

"Rigged when they want it to be".

It's an open secret among TV sports-casters. Will they openly admit this to the public? No way! Unless they want to lose their high-paying jobs in the elite sports media!

They would be flipping burgers the next day, and driving a '76 Pinto!

For those of you who actually believe that the NFL, isn't rigged, at times, are sadly naive and or ignorant about how this world really works, and no absolutely NOTHING about how the "Entertainment" world is all about "illusion" and "delusion".

Why do you think they call it: "Programming" ?

I learned a longtime ago that from working in the media, and the motion picture industry for over 30 years, that literally everything is rigged if it involves large sums of money, as does the NFL.

We live in a very evil and corrupt world where the rich and powerful own and control nearly everything that isn't nailed down.

Do you really believe they would leave billions, if not ultimately trillions of dollars up to chance?

I wish it were different. I've been on this planet for now 59 years, and all I've seen in the world of politics, media, entertainment, and religion has been lies, fraud and endless corruption.

As George Carlin said: "They call it the "American Dream", because you need to be asleep to believe it".

Truer words were never spoken I'm sad to say.

why would they do that guy? this is the hottest thread in here even shut down the site for 4 hours because of so many views... tuck your tail between legs or stick your head in the sand like most others if you don't believe this.

So Peyton Manning doesnt have enough money ? He has to be involved in throwing the biggest game of the year for what? (and im just using Manning as an example ...throw in any of the players involved with the game...im sure they all make a lot of money) What could possibly be gained? Were the Seahawks involved with this gigantic dive? So many questions ,so little reasoning.

why would they do that guy? this is the hottest thread in here even shut down the site for 4 hours because of so many views... tuck your tail between legs or stick your head in the sand like most others if you don't believe this.
See #1 and #2 in this link because they apply to you.

I don't see arrogance, I just see poor reasoning, logic, and limited aptitude combined with a strong need for fantasy in his life.

I don't see arrogance, I just see poor reasoning, logic, and limited aptitude combined with a strong need for fantasy in his life.
With #1 - I was thinking of the "stick your head in the sand" comment...which is just about ===> <=== that much above "sheep" or "sheeple".

So Peyton Manning doesnt have enough money ? He has to be involved in throwing the biggest game of the year for what? (and im just using Manning as an example ...throw in any of the players involved with the game...im sure they all make a lot of money) What could possibly be gained? Were the Seahawks involved with this gigantic dive? So many questions ,so little reasoning.
Im sure it was someone way over Manning dummy... Like say the owners, Referees, Vegas(Mafia,Central banks) that make money on the NFL. wake up u guys keep saying why would manning do this he don't need the money... He does what he is told fellas Check JFK.

where do You see poor reasoning, Logic and limited aptitude... I sent out a link that was a letter long showing how teams have been corrupted and rigged games in the past from the 1919 Blacksox where the whole team got caught to Tim Donaghy and him getting busted for gambling/shaving/rigging games. I have laid out an actually awesome argument and presented many facts from Money, ratings, power, Symbolism, and etc on how or why this is done. All I receive back is NO WAY IT"S NOT RIGGED, or U NEED MEDICINE............ LOL you guys are killing me here you attack me for having no points, when I have had facts, coincidences, weird events and have mentioned multiple instances where the situation stunk to the high heavens.... Just get over the fact that your little football game is rigged and has fat men running around in tights. Come on Dom, cobalt and Tom can all have a circle jerk watching their men in little tight pants thinking about how legit the league is and how pure it is... Guppies.

we are off topic, the topic is superbowl 48 being rigged and I think we can all agree on that... Case Closed

Why is this thread still breathing in the Shark Pool? This is in no way whatsoever fantasy football related. Fantasy... yes, but not fantasy football. If it's going to be allowed to continue, shouldn't it go to FFA?

And how much were these few,elite,multimillionaire players paid to "rig" the Super Bowl?
Hey Guy I never claimed to work for a tv station, I posted an article I found about a guy that worked for a tv station. I am just here to share information and ideas about the possibility of a rigged super bowl don't kill the messanger here fellas.

where do You see poor reasoning, Logic and limited aptitude... I sent out a link that was a letter long showing how teams have been corrupted and rigged games in the past from the 1919 Blacksox where the whole team got caught to Tim Donaghy and him getting busted for gambling/shaving/rigging games. I have laid out an actually awesome argument and presented many facts from Money, ratings, power, Symbolism, and etc on how or why this is done. All I receive back is NO WAY IT"S NOT RIGGED, or U NEED MEDICINE............ LOL you guys are killing me here you attack me for having no points, when I have had facts, coincidences, weird events and have mentioned multiple instances where the situation stunk to the high heavens.... Just get over the fact that your little football game is rigged and has fat men running around in tights. Come on Dom, cobalt and Tom can all have a circle jerk watching their men in little tight pants thinking about how legit the league is and how pure it is... Guppies.
Haldol, thorazine. I think either will help you. They won't boost intellectual functioning, but they can definitely help diminish the delusions and active psychosis.

Less focus on conspiracy and more attention to punctuation, grammar and proper (rather than random) capitalization might gain you more believers.

Haven't read the thread, but it's not inconceivable to think that Peyton Manning could have been given an offer he couldn't refuse. I don't think it's very likely but if you're Vegas and are know that there's "X-Million Dollars" hedged on the Broncos.

Who else would you want to bribe than Peyton Manning? All it would take is him phoning it him to guarantee a win for Seattle.

Personally, I think the old man choked under the pressure of an elite defense.

Haven't read the thread, but it's not inconceivable to think that Peyton Manning could have been given an offer he couldn't refuse. I don't think it's very likely but if you're Vegas and are know that there's "X-Million Dollars" hedged on the Broncos.

Who else would you want to bribe than Peyton Manning? All it would take is him phoning it him to guarantee a win for Seattle.

Personally, I think the old man choked under the pressure of an elite defense.
I say his ego is way to big for that to happen

Tried to talk myself out of replying following a couple of days of rubber-necking here. Now I have a bulging disc pinching a nerve. Pain replaced the chuckles when I noticed the board mods hadn't towed this wreck away.

Though it's ludicrous to address the conspiracy points at face value, the bottom line is there are too many unrelated interests and variables to work in total complicity in fixing the game. Somebody or many bodies would break ranks from the get-go and a campaign to fix a game would be over well in advance. Please tell us how so many contingents can operate in concert with a code of silence.

Blowouts in the Super Bowl are nothing new.

The ranting of the original poster is sad, attention-seeking, and pernicious nonsense. If it isn't a goofy and contrived fishing expedition, that is especially troubling.

Would the mods please shut it down or move it? It's a disgrace to the reputation of this outfit.

The ranting of the original poster is sad, attention-seeking, and pernicious nonsense. If it isn't a goofy and contrived fishing expedition, that is especially troubling.

Would the mods please shut it down or move it? It's a disgrace to the reputation of this outfit.
Could not agree more with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread