What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nick Foles Landing Spot/Contract Size (Jags, reportedly 4/88 50 guaranteed) (1 Viewer)

Jimmy is/was much more talented.  And younger.  Not sure why you're making this comparison. 
I'm a 49ers fan and have watched a healthy dosage of Jimmy G, not sure where you're getting this from. 

I'd take Foles over Jimmy G. 

ETA:

To answer your question specifically, I keep hearing (and you said it too a week ago) that they were basically offered nothing for Foles last season, that has been debunked. They were offered something very similar to what the Pats were for the "much more talented" (your words) Jimmy G. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a 49ers fan and have watched a healthy dosage of Jimmy G, not sure where you're getting this from. 

I'd take Foles over Jimmy G. 

ETA:

To answer your question specifically, I keep hearing (and you said it too a week ago) that they were basically offered nothing for Foles last season, that has been debunked. They were offered something very similar to what the Pats were for the "much more talented" (your words) Jimmy G. 
That reported Cleveland offer has also been disputed and not confirmed.  Plus they had a ton of picks to give up and there was a much bigger QB market.

Look I really don't get this mission you're on to argue with people about this.  We all want Foles to get a big contract but it's unlikely.  Being right seems way too important to you.

dhockster said:
Or the Eagles franchise him and trade him. Nick's new team signs him to a long term deal. Nick makes lots of money
You'd have to be an idiot to franchise him imo. He won the team their only super bowl and has given them a shot for two in a row. It's good for morale if you reward that and let the guy go where he wants.

The idea that Foles signs with the eagles just so they can trade him is beyond crazy. Nobody in their right mind would do that. He's going to pick where he plays and get as much money as he can to do it. 

That reported Cleveland offer has also been disputed and not confirmed.  Plus they had a ton of picks to give up and there was a much bigger QB market.

Look I really don't get this mission you're on to argue with people about this.  We all want Foles to get a big contract but it's unlikely.  Being right seems way too important to you.
Has nothing to do with being right, I'm Nick Foles #1 fan. 

I love the guy, and I enjoy arguing with the naysayers (whether about talent or money), as I can't remember the last time someone proved so many people so wrong, like our boy BDN is doing, again

If I'm being honest, I think the Saints are too dominant at home and the run ends this week for him this season, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Here is the average contract value for QBs (at least as of now . . . it will obviously change some for next year with player movement, player signings, etc.

Aaron Rodgers - $33.5M
Matt Ryan - $30M
Kirk Cousins - $28M
Jimmy Garoppolo - $27.5M
Matthew Stafford - $27M
Drew Brees - $25M
Derek Carr - $25M
Andrew Luck - $24.6M
Alex Smith - $23.5M
Joe Flacco - $22.1
Russell Wilson - $21.9M
Ben Roethlisberger - $21.9M
Eli Manning - $21M
Philip Rivers - $20.8M
Cam Newton - $20.7M
Ryan Tannehill - $19.3M
Case Keenum - $18M
Blake Bortles - $18M
Andy Dalton - $16M
Tyrod Taylor - $15.3M
Tom Brady - $15M
Josh McCown - $10M
Baker Mayfield - $8.2M
Sam Darnold - $7.6M
Mitchell Trubisky - $7.3M
Jared Goff - $7M
Carson Wentz - $6.7M
Jameis Winston - $6.3M
Marcus Mariota - $6.1M
Teddy Bridgewater - $6M
Nick Foles - $5.5M
Josh Allen - $5.3M
Chase Daniel - $5M
A.J. McCarron - $5M
Matt Schaub - $4.5M
Josh Rosen - $4.4M
Patrick Mahomes - $4.1M
Mike Glennon - $4M
Deshaun Watson - $3.5M
Chad Henne - $3.4M
Ryan Fitzpatrick - $3.3M
Drew Stanton - $3.3M
Colt McCoy - $3.3M
Lamar Jackson - $2.3M
Dak Prescott - $680K

There were 15 QB's that averaged $20 million per year on their current deals. Would Foles be worthy of a Top 15 contact based on his performance to date across his career? Granted, Smith might not be able to play, Flacco could be cut, etc. The question remains as to whether Foles is worth a $20M/year contract . . . perhaps even more.

The 1 year mutually optional deal left on his contract is $20mm. 

They would be able to move him on that easily, imo. 

I think he opts out though.
Yeah he's buying that out in a heartbeat - he would be killing his bargaining power by accepting the $20MM and essentially making that his first year salary.

Here is the average contract value for QBs (at least as of now . . . it will obviously change some for next year with player movement, player signings, etc.

Aaron Rodgers - $33.5M
Matt Ryan - $30M
Kirk Cousins - $28M
Jimmy Garoppolo - $27.5M
Matthew Stafford - $27M
Drew Brees - $25M
Derek Carr - $25M
Andrew Luck - $24.6M
Alex Smith - $23.5M
Joe Flacco - $22.1
Russell Wilson - $21.9M
Ben Roethlisberger - $21.9M
Eli Manning - $21M
Philip Rivers - $20.8M
Cam Newton - $20.7M
Ryan Tannehill - $19.3M
Case Keenum - $18M
Blake Bortles - $18M
Andy Dalton - $16M
Tyrod Taylor - $15.3M
Tom Brady - $15M
Josh McCown - $10M
Baker Mayfield - $8.2M
Sam Darnold - $7.6M
Mitchell Trubisky - $7.3M
Jared Goff - $7M
Carson Wentz - $6.7M
Jameis Winston - $6.3M
Marcus Mariota - $6.1M
Teddy Bridgewater - $6M
Nick Foles - $5.5M
Josh Allen - $5.3M
Chase Daniel - $5M
A.J. McCarron - $5M
Matt Schaub - $4.5M
Josh Rosen - $4.4M
Patrick Mahomes - $4.1M
Mike Glennon - $4M
Deshaun Watson - $3.5M
Chad Henne - $3.4M
Ryan Fitzpatrick - $3.3M
Drew Stanton - $3.3M
Colt McCoy - $3.3M
Lamar Jackson - $2.3M
Dak Prescott - $680K

There were 15 QB's that averaged $20 million per year on their current deals. Would Foles be worthy of a Top 15 contact based on his performance to date across his career? Granted, Smith might not be able to play, Flacco could be cut, etc. The question remains as to whether Foles is worth a $20M/year contract . . . perhaps even more.
I thin he'll be around the Tannehall/Cam Newton mark.  Hard for his agent to argue that he should get more than Rivers or Roethisberger but he should definitely get more than Tyrod, Bortles, or Dalton.

Has nothing to do with being right, I'm Nick Foles #1 fan. 

I love the guy, and I enjoy arguing with the naysayers (whether about talent or money), as I can't remember the last time someone proved so many people so wrong, like our boy BDN is doing, again

If I'm being honest, I think the Saints are too dominant at home and the run ends this week for him this season, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. 
To add...

We all love the guy.  He bought us our first SB and will forever be remembered here.  It's not a negative thing or a diss to say he's a system guy who has caught fire here.  It's not a negative thing to say he likely gets a contract closer to Keenum's than to Cousins'.  You're looking for an argument here when we are all here cheering for him, hoping he gets paid huge, etc. 

Football is a weird game.  If that kick is 1 inch to the right, people would talk about how Foles did not play well and couldn't win them the game.

You guys are funny. This is a business, it has nothing to do with any man-crush between the two parties or the Eagles being altruistic. The Eagles are paying Foles his bonus because they would take a PR hit with the public and current/future players if they did not. Likewise, Foles is not going to give up control of his financial future as a "thank you". Besides, do you think it makes any sense to have his next team weakened by having to give up players/draft picks to acquire him, while at the same time strengthening his (now) competition?

Obviously there's a chance they trade him, but they aren't going to be holding hands and singing kumbaya together if it happens.
Of course both parties are ultimately going to make their decisions based on what benefits them. My point was just to refute that Foles only cares about the money. He has already written a book in which all the proceeds were donated. He was willing to walk away from football and the money because he wasn't passionate about it. And he has a great relationship with the organization and the fans. Based on that, I think there is a much higher likelihood that they work together to help both parties. Doesn't mean it will happen but it could. I am under no illusions that they will be holding hands and singing kumbaya. Maybe "Fly Eagles Fly" but not kumbaya.

I thin he'll be around the Tannehall/Cam Newton mark.  Hard for his agent to argue that he should get more than Rivers or Roethisberger but he should definitely get more than Tyrod, Bortles, or Dalton.
No way - those contracts were signed a number of years ago. Him signing for more than Rivers or Big Ben isn't saying "he's better  than them" - it's just supply and demand. There are teams that need a QB and very few good ones available - it's all timing.

No, not at all
The guy wanted to retire a couple years ago.  He's had ups and downs.  He's found a fit and insane success here in Philly.  I don't think he will have that same success elsewhere and be a top 15 NFL QB once he's in Jax, Miami, Denver, etc. next year.  The guy will always be a legend, I don't think he cares if anyone calls him a system guy.  He's a different kind of dude (in a good way)

No way - those contracts were signed a number of years ago. Him signing for more than Rivers or Big Ben isn't saying "he's better  than them" - it's just supply and demand. There are teams that need a QB and very few good ones available - it's all timing.
I agree with that. I think he's going to get 20 million/per.  3 or 4 years.  He has too many question marks to get much higher than that.  Not that a 60 or 80 million dollar contract is something to sneeze at. Especially for a guy pondering retirement three years ago.

The guy wanted to retire a couple years ago.  He's had ups and downs.  He's found a fit and insane success here in Philly.  I don't think he will have that same success elsewhere and be a top 15 NFL QB once he's in Jax, Miami, Denver, etc. next year.  The guy will always be a legend, I don't think he cares if anyone calls him a system guy.  He's a different kind of dude (in a good way)
The guy throws one of the best deep balls in the NFL and plays at his best when the pressure is on - I'm pretty sure that would be successful in quite a few different places. 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there isn't some special halo around Lincoln Field & the Eagles that brings him to this level. 

Perhaps you're looking at it backwards and that special halo is around Nick Foles, who makes his teammates play better?

It also depends on who has cap space and how much a team might already be on the hook for other QBs. There are 22 QB's in line to have cap hits of $20M+ next year.

The Eagles are pegged to be $13M over the cap next year, which could make franchising Foles an issue. I don't know enough about some of the contracts and the personnel to know how easy or hard it will be to free up cap space. 

Several other potential landing spots may also be cash strapped. JAX almost $9M over the cap at the moment for next year. TB is $9M left in cap room (although they are said to be sticking with Winston). WAS only has $14M in cap space at the moment. MIA has only $13M in cap room (and has to deal with Tannehill still).

Of course both parties are ultimately going to make their decisions based on what benefits them. My point was just to refute that Foles only cares about the money. He has already written a book in which all the proceeds were donated. He was willing to walk away from football and the money because he wasn't passionate about it. And he has a great relationship with the organization and the fans. Based on that, I think there is a much higher likelihood that they work together to help both parties. Doesn't mean it will happen but it could. I am under no illusions that they will be holding hands and singing kumbaya. Maybe "Fly Eagles Fly" but not kumbaya.
The key is "help both parties"- most players and teams would work together if it helps both parties, that wouldn't be unusual. In this case you guys seem to think he'd be willing to hurt his own pocketbook AND hurt his new team by working with his old team, which I think is extremely unlikely.

Think about it- if he loved the Eagles so much and doesn't care about the money, why wouldn't he have turned down his re-worked contract last off season, or this incentive bonus this season? If the Eagles loved him so much, why wouldn't they have lowered their asking price last off season so he could have an opportunity to start somewhere?

You can think they have a "special" relationship if you'd like, but you're being incredibly naive if you think either side is going to sacrifice much of anything to help the other. It's a business.

The guy throws one of the best deep balls in the NFL and plays at his best when the pressure is on - I'm pretty sure that would be successful in quite a few different places. 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there isn't some special halo around Lincoln Field & the Eagles that brings him to this level. 

Perhaps you're looking at it backwards and that special halo is around Nick Foles, who makes his teammates play better?
It definitely has something to do with Pederson and the Eagles. He was terrible with the Rams in 2015 and sat behind Alex Smith in 2016 (not exactly Aaron Rodgers).  That's not to say he couldn't succeed elsewhere, but sometimes the situation and team has a lot to do with success.

The key is "help both parties"- most players and teams would work together if it helps both parties, that wouldn't be unusual. In this case you guys seem to think he'd be willing to hurt his own pocketbook AND hurt his new team by working with his old team, which I think is extremely unlikely.

Think about it- if he loved the Eagles so much and doesn't care about the money, why wouldn't he have turned down his re-worked contract last off season, or this incentive bonus this season? If the Eagles loved him so much, why wouldn't they have lowered their asking price last off season so he could have an opportunity to start somewhere?

You can think they have a "special" relationship if you'd like, but you're being incredibly naive if you think either side is going to sacrifice much of anything to help the other. It's a business.
Ultimately I don't think he is going to hurt his own pocketbook which I have said.

It definitely has something to do with Pederson and the Eagles. He was terrible with the Rams in 2015 and sat behind Alex Smith in 2016 (not exactly Aaron Rodgers).  That's not to say he couldn't succeed elsewhere, but sometimes the situation and team has a lot to do with success.
Obviously it does. Who was the last successful QB under Jeff Fisher, Steve McNair?

Jeff Fisher teams ranked Bottom 10 in passing yards 12 times . . . including 9 of his last 10 seasons as a head coach. Not sure playing for Fisher would be a feather in anyone's cap. 

Obviously it does. Who was the last successful QB under Jeff Fisher, Steve McNair?
Lol  Love this argument. So Jeff Fisher threw the picks and incompletions?  Perhaps, Fisher just simply didn't have great quarterbacks. People point out how much Goff improved after Fisher wasn't his coach. Look how much Wentz improved in his second year, too.  You don't get to dismiss the last time a team brought Foles in to be their starting quarterback just because it doesn't fit your agenda. NFL teams are very well aware of what happened the last time a team gave him the keys.  They are pondering 75-100 million dollar contracts. They look at all angles. Not saying he couldn't have improved since 2015, but teams take all of that into consideration.

Lol  Love this argument. So Jeff Fisher threw the picks and incompletions?  Perhaps, Fisher just simply didn't have great quarterbacks. People point out how much Goff improved after Fisher wasn't his coach. Look how much Wentz improved in his second year, too.  You don't get to dismiss the last time a team brought Foles in to be their starting quarterback just because it doesn't fit your agenda. NFL teams are very well aware of what happened the last time a team gave him the keys.  They are pondering 75-100 million dollar contracts. They look at all angles. Not saying he couldn't have improved since 2015, but teams take all of that into consideration.
How many games did Jimmy G appear in before he got a a 5-year, $137.5M contract with $74M guaranteed? I'm not looking to single you out, but the fact of the matter is it only takes one team to fall in love with someone and then anything can happen. I agree with you that teams SHOULD perform more research and due diligence and maybe make sounder decisions. BUt there are a lot of players in the league that get paid a lot of scratch that in the long-term really aren't worth it.

As far as Fisher goes, his teams ranked lower than 20th in passing attempts in 15 seasons including Bottom 5 in attempts 11 times. Was that on the QB's or the coaching staff?

Look at the Stats of Foles, Bradford, Keenum, and Goff under Fisher and then under somebody else. They all significantly improve when they are not under Jeff Fisher's offense. Plus Foles was good before Fisher and has been good after Fisher. So isn't Fisher's offense the outlier?

How many games did Jimmy G appear in before he got a a 5-year, $137.5M contract with $74M guaranteed? I'm not looking to single you out, but the fact of the matter is it only takes one team to fall in love with someone and then anything can happen. I agree with you that teams SHOULD perform more research and due diligence and maybe make sounder decisions. BUt there are a lot of players in the league that get paid a lot of scratch that in the long-term really aren't worth it.

As far as Fisher goes, his teams ranked lower than 20th in passing attempts in 15 seasons including Bottom 5 in attempts 11 times. Was that on the QB's or the coaching staff?
It still could very well turn out that Jimmy G was over paid. We shall see.  He benefited from being talented, and young, and played very well when given the chance.  He didn't have bad seasons on his resume. That was a huge help too.  

Fisher ran a run first offense. No one is arguing that.  Foles lost his job there to Case Keenum.  Whether you run a clock control offense or a high flying offense, you get benched because you are performing poorly.

Look at the Stats of Foles, Bradford, Keenum, and Goff under Fisher and then under somebody else. They all significantly improve when they are not under Jeff Fisher's offense. Plus Foles was good before Fisher and has been good after Fisher. So isn't Fisher's offense the outlier?
Foles was great his first season under Chip Kelly then disappointed the year after. Wasn't terrible, but if teams are looking at that season, they aren't offering him 15 million per, let alone 20.

Foles was great his first season under Chip Kelly then disappointed the year after. Wasn't terrible, but if teams are looking at that season, they aren't offering him 15 million per, let alone 20.
Yeah, he was playing hurt with a banged up oline in front of him. And they were still 6-2. 

I think being exposed to Reid's offense, learning a lot under Chip's offense, and then coming back to Pederson, Foles has learned a lot about offense and about reading defenses. When you watch him now, he really seems to know where to go with the ball based on what the defense is showing him.

I think someone will offer him at least $25 million for a couple of seasons.

Sam Bradford got $20M on his fourth team after nine years with zero playoff appearances and zero good seasons. Alex Smith got $23M despite never throwing for as many TDs in his 12 seasons as Foles did in only 13 games in 2013. It's silly to think that he won't get paid.

Foles' 2013 was a historically good season. #3 all time in passer rating, #25 all time in YPA. Better than anyone else has done with Reid, including Mahomes this year. 

It's possible that was a fluke. But it seems unlikely. On the list of top passer rating seasons, you have to go down to #32 (Andy Dalton in 2015) to find any by a QB who was not a career stud. 

Foles also just had the worst post-season game of his career, and still pulled out the game with a 2-minute drill against the league's best defense. After that game, he is still #1 among QBs with more than 100 pass attempts in postseason passer rating.

Sam Bradford got $20M on his fourth team after nine years with zero playoff appearances and zero good seasons. Alex Smith got $23M despite never throwing for as many TDs in his 12 seasons as Foles did in only 13 games in 2013. It's silly to think that he won't get paid.
I said I think he's going to get 20 million a year for three or four years. He's getting paid.

There just aren't enough starting caliber QBs and next year's draft class isn't very good.  There are what 8 teams looking?  You can argue if they are overpaying or not, but, he's going to get at least Alex Smith type numbers.  And the number probably goes up with every win here in the post season.

The 1 year mutually optional deal left on his contract is $20mm. 

They would be able to move him on that easily, imo. 

I think he opts out though.
Interesting convo on Sirius NFL this morning. If he gets traded he can opt out. Doesn't matter what team he goes to. So there will have to be a new contract in place before he is traded. Or he can opt out of his current deal and sign with whoever he wants. Another thing to consider is the cost of keeping both in 2019. Sirius said $24 million. I think we are all speculating that the Eagles can't keep both when Foles in making $20. They can very easily. At the end of the day there are really three options. 1) Foles opts out of his current contract and pays the Eagles $2 million. He decides who he wants to play for. It may not be about only money. Or it may. But it will be his choice. 2) Foles works with the Eagles and allows them to trade him. The Eagles allow him to negotiate with other teams, Foles decides where he wants to go and the Eagles get some kind of compensation. 3) Foles decides to stay in Philly. They give him another year at $20-$30 million on his contract for 2020 with the same terms and we will have this conversation again next year. This gives the Eagles insurance in 2019 and if Wentz doesn't play up to expectations they could trade him and keep Foles going forward after the 2019 season. 

Interesting convo on Sirius NFL this morning. If he gets traded he can opt out. Doesn't matter what team he goes to. So there will have to be a new contract in place before he is traded. Or he can opt out of his current deal and sign with whoever he wants. Another thing to consider is the cost of keeping both in 2019. Sirius said $24 million. I think we are all speculating that the Eagles can't keep both when Foles in making $20. They can very easily. At the end of the day there are really three options. 1) Foles opts out of his current contract and pays the Eagles $2 million. He decides who he wants to play for. It may not be about only money. Or it may. But it will be his choice. 2) Foles works with the Eagles and allows them to trade him. The Eagles allow him to negotiate with other teams, Foles decides where he wants to go and the Eagles get some kind of compensation. 3) Foles decides to stay in Philly. They give him another year at $20-$30 million on his contract for 2020 with the same terms and we will have this conversation again next year. This gives the Eagles insurance in 2019 and if Wentz doesn't play up to expectations they could trade him and keep Foles going forward after the 2019 season. 
No chance at 3. Just not any scenario that makes sense.

No chance at 3. Just not any scenario that makes sense.
The farther they go in the playoffs the more realistic it becomes. The only downside is Foles fails miserably in 2019 and decides he doesn't want to "buy out" his contract. And they have to pick up the 5th year option for Wentz in 2020, which would probably be over $20 million. So they would be paying two QB's $40-$50 million. Seems unrealistic, but one never knows. 

You guys are funny. This is a business, it has nothing to do with any man-crush between the two parties or the Eagles being altruistic. The Eagles are paying Foles his bonus because they would take a PR hit with the public and current/future players if they did not. Likewise, Foles is not going to give up control of his financial future as a "thank you". Besides, do you think it makes any sense to have his next team weakened by having to give up players/draft picks to acquire him, while at the same time strengthening his (now) competition?

Obviously there's a chance they trade him, but they aren't going to be holding hands and singing kumbaya together if it happens.
:yes:

The farther they go in the playoffs the more realistic it becomes. The only downside is Foles fails miserably in 2019 and decides he doesn't want to "buy out" his contract. And they have to pick up the 5th year option for Wentz in 2020, which would probably be over $20 million. So they would be paying two QB's $40-$50 million. Seems unrealistic, but one never knows. 
Pay Foles next year as the starter and have Wentz be the backup?  is that what you're suggesting in this scenario?

I was thinking option 3 would never fly but then i thought "they ARE still in the p,ayoffs". What IF they got back to the SB or won this thing again?  Is there a scenario where WENTZ becomes the odd man out? I mean, how do you not keep and play a guy that wins you one or TWO Superbowls (or makes a second deep run with this injured team)?

Pay Foles next year as the starter and have Wentz be the backup?  is that what you're suggesting in this scenario?
This year Foles got $16.5 million in cash as a back-up. Next year he get's $20 million (already a contract, but he can opt out by paying the Eagles $2 million). What would they have to do to get him NOT to opt out? Extend the contract into 2020 for another $25-$30 million. I mean the results don't lie. I think he is playing better than Wentz NOW in this offensive scheme. Wentz will be the starter if healthy, but what if Foles wins another SB? Maybe they move Wentz instead. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking option 3 would never fly but then i thought "they ARE still in the p,ayoffs". What IF they got back to the SB or won this thing again?  Is there a scenario where WENTZ becomes the odd man out? I mean, how do you not keep and play a guy that wins you one or TWO Superbowls (or makes a second deep run with this injured team)?
Yep. Hard to ignore the results. Wentz looked like a world beater in 2017. Not so much in 2018. 

i understand the scenario you're playing out in your head, but there's really just no way that happens.

Not at all. This year he got $16.5 million in cash as a back-up. Next year he get's $20 million (already a contract, but he can opt out by paying the Eagles $2 million). What would they have to do to get him NOT to opt out? Extend the contract into 2020 for another $25-$30 million. I mean the results don't lie. I think he is playing better than Wentz NOW in this offensive scheme.
Am injured Wentz, yes. I'm old enough to remember when a healthy Wentz is the MVP of the league 

i understand the scenario you're playing out in your head, but there's really just no way that happens.
I agree. And the Eagles will probably get nothing in return when he leaves. They just need to be thankful they had a great back-up when there starter went down and won at least one SB (and who knows how this years post-season will play out). 

There's no real reason Foles won't earn more than some better QBs.  Signing a contract in 2019 > signing a contract in 2015.

One thing to remember about the Wentz/Foles debate and this season. The offensive line was hurt and played like crap for most of the time Wentz was in there. They have gotten healthy and are playing better now that Foles is in there. Now the QB can obviously help the oline by getting the ball out quicker, but I think Wentz and Foles are pretty comparable in that aspect.

I am not trying to be a Wentz apologist, just trying to state all the facts.

The team isn't playing better because they're healed up or anything. They clearly believe more in Foles and seem to like him more. Foles will make $24 million next year for someone. If he wins another Superbowl the Eagles have to trade Wentz. The pressure the next ten years on Wentz would be immense.

The team isn't playing better because they're healed up or anything. They clearly believe more in Foles and seem to like him more. Foles will make $24 million next year for someone. If he wins another Superbowl the Eagles have to trade Wentz. The pressure the next ten years on Wentz would be immense.
The pressure is already going to start building. Next year when Foles is gone, if Wentz gets into a slump, fans will be second guessing. It is an unfair situation to be in, but there really isn't any way of getting around it. 

There just aren't enough starting caliber QBs and next year's draft class isn't very good.  There are what 8 teams looking?  You can argue if they are overpaying or not, but, he's going to get at least Alex Smith type numbers.  And the number probably goes up with every win here in the post season.
If there are 8 teams looking he'll get paid.  I don't think there's that many.

Users who are viewing this thread