What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Norm Macdonald (1 Viewer)

While I enjoyed Kaplan a lot on High Stakes, Norm is actually pretty funny. Where Kaplan will tell a cheesy joke and you sort of roll your eyes and snicker, McDonald actually had me laughing out loud a few times each show. I thought he was terrific but he has takena beating on youtube and the responses to the High Stakes episodes posted there. If for some reason you do not have the GSN, simply type in High Stakes Poker season 7 and it should come up on youtube. At least 3 episodes are up and they are mostly entertaining with a pretty diverse group of folks including some wealthy business tycoons that are not great poker players.

Overall Norm is pretty funny.

'Please See Mine said:
whoops, missed his cc standup special last night. will re-air 4/12, same night as his new show.
thanks for the reminder. downloaded this and watching it now.

'Please See Mine said:
whoops, missed his cc standup special last night. will re-air 4/12, same night as his new show.
thanks for the reminder. downloaded this and watching it now.
It's awesome. He should just keep going with the standup. It was good enough for Carlin.
great special. I guess he wanted it to be accessible for comedy central--it was much tamer than the two times I saw him live, and a lot less of the purposefully awkward moments that he seems to add for his own amusement. very funny, though. the stuff on AA was hilarious.

I can watch that Conan appearance over and over again and Norm still gets me with the respelling of board B-O-R-E-D. I can't believe I missed his special, but I have to admit that while HS Poker needed a new voice, or at least a new sidekick for Kaplan, not sure if Norm seems to be the right fit. I would imagine that it does take some time to get with the groove of that show, since you have to decide when to let the table talk rule, enhance or explain the table talk or if you just talk over the table talk.

'The Big Guy said:
I can watch that Conan appearance over and over again and Norm still gets me with the respelling of board B-O-R-E-D. I can't believe I missed his special, but I have to admit that while HS Poker needed a new voice, or at least a new sidekick for Kaplan, not sure if Norm seems to be the right fit. I would imagine that it does take some time to get with the groove of that show, since you have to decide when to let the table talk rule, enhance or explain the table talk or if you just talk over the table talk.
His recent comedy central special is on youtube.

Two items:1) Norm is now writing for Grantland (columns yesterday and today) about golf and gambling.2) I never knew that Norm had a brother, but it is this guy, Neil: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Macdonald

Neil Macdonald (born 1957) is a Canadian journalist who works for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. He is currently The National's senior Washington correspondent.Macdonald is fluent in English and French, and can speak some Arabic. His brother is comedian/actor Norm Macdonald.After graduating from Algonquin College in Ottawa, Macdonald worked first as a print journalist. He joined the CBC in 1988 and covered Canadian Parliament for approximately a decade. He then served for five years (1998–2003) as the network's chief Middle East correspondent.Macdonald was involved in a public dispute with Canadian media mogul Leonard Asper in 2003. Asper had accused Macdonald of being "anti-Israeli" after taking exception to some of the CBC's Middle East coverage. Macdonald responded with a rebuttal in the Globe and Mail, accusing Asper of defamation and alleging editorial censorship in the Asper-owned CanWest media outlets.In November 2010, Macdonald led a CBC investigation into the United Nations International Independent Investigation Commission and the Special Tribunal for Lebanon, which had been mandated with solving the murder of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri. The report uncovered documents suggesting the UN investigative body had strong evidence to link the Shia paramilitary group Hezbollah to the 2005 bombing that killed Hariri, and that the UN had not acted on this intelligence due to diplomatic concerns. Macdonald's report also sharply criticized the performance of the Special Tribunal's head prosecutor, Daniel Bellemare, who responded that he was "extremely disappointed" with the report.In 2004, Macdonald received a Gemini Award for his reportage on political violence in Haiti. He was awarded a second "best reportage" Gemini in 2009 for his coverage of the U.S. economic crisis.

i love norm. but following him on twitter is awful during golf weekends. Dude tweets every time someone takes a swing

Last edited by a moderator:
I rarely if ever listen to podcasts, but this is a fantastic listen (NSFW).

Super Dave Osbourne and Tom Green are the guests on the first two podcasts respectively. I can't say I was ever a fan of either, but both were hilarious.

I should take a moment to tell the folks at home who Super Dave Osbourne is....

For those who haven't checked out the show, do yourself a favor. I just got done with the Super Dave one - very ####### funny. Ready to move onto to Tom Green - not a fan, but didn't mind his podcast with the right guest.

Super Dave just crushes this poor ******* Adam Eget, who is this guy? Either he is a great straight man or a truly a doormat. i suspect the later.

Huge Super Dave fan but Norm's cohost buddy sucks and was annoying as hell. He needs to go. But obviously, Bob kills doing whatever. Had me convulsing while trying to run within like 30 seconds of the start of the podcast.

Super Dave just crushes this poor ******* Adam Eget, who is this guy? Either he is a great straight man or a truly a doormat. i suspect the later.
I think it's a little bit of both actually. I thought the SuperDave was okay, but the Tom Green episode was pretty horrible. This "part where we tell jokes" is just not going to be good. It's like Norm is trying to do material he would use for Weekend Update but having other people deliver it.... just doesn't work and is painfully unfunny when that Egads dude attempts it.

David Spade up 3rd.

Norm bringing in the big name guests (sorry Fred Stoller) in the hopes of garnering the Late Late Show???

Users who are viewing this thread