What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Novelty Draft - better than you thought it would be (1 Viewer)

I can't believe no one took Wooly Bully.

I'll be back with my last pick. I know, you can hardly wait.

Picks so far
Frozen- Slurpee
Frozen- Snickers ice cream bar
Frozen- penis ice cubes
Song- Another One Bites the Dust
Song- Jingle Hell's Bells
Song-
Toy- Silly Putty
Toy- Fidget Spinner
Toy- Yo Yo
Trend- Ghost pepper challenge
Trend- NFTs
Trend- Karaoke
Flex- sensurround
Flex- break dancing
Flex-
Pick 10 Novelty Trend
Karaoke
Pick 11 Novelty Toy
Yo Yo

Big in the 70's-80's but can't remember the last time I saw one
Pick 12 Novelty Flex
Sensurround

When the movie Earthquake was released in 1974 I saw it in Sensurround. Basically they put giant speakers in the theater that cranked out bass so your seats and the whole building would "shake". Also saw Rollercoaster a couple years later.
Pick 13 Novelty Flex
Break Dancing
Pick 14 Novelty Flex
Andy vision NFL broadcast

Pav's Novelty Draft Roster (Round)

Toy: Magic Snake (8)
Toy: Kiss Action Figures (12)
Toy: Mattel Handheld Football Game & Sequel (15)
Frozen: Pudding Pops (2)
Frozen: Blueberries (13)
Frozen: Colonel Crunch Ice Cream Bars (14)
Song: Another One Rides the Bus (1)
Song: Witch Doctor (3)
Song: Camp Granada (10)
Trend: Pogs (5)
Trend: Palm Pilot (6)
Trend: Fantasy Football (9)
Flex The Monkees TV Series (4)
Flex Ronco Pocket Fisherman (7)
Flex America's Trucking Craze (11)

A few I was waiting for:

• Baseball Card Collecting
  • Garbage Pail Kids
  • Macarena (song)
  • Who Let the Dogs Out (song)
  • Jarts (I think they are outlawed now)
  • Pick Up Sticks
  • Jacks
  • Puttin on the Ritz (song)
  • Heelies (kids shoes with a wheel in the heel)
  • Sit n Spin
  • Jelly Bracelets
  • Electric Football (shaker table style)
  • Klondike Bar - only because of the "what would you do for a Klondike Bar"
  • Hot Wheels

I could probably go on....

Steal of the Draft still sitting out there.
Did you ever tell us what your SOD pick was, and whether it ended up getting picked?
No, I had two. Both qualify in my opinion, and maybe one of them got picked and I didn't notice, but I had:

1. Harlem Globetrotters

2. Shake Weight
Globetrotters is a great one. What else has been around almost 100 years and could still rightly be considered a novelty? Well maybe next year someone will pick them...

• Baseball Card Collecting
  • Garbage Pail Kids
  • Macarena (song)
  • Who Let the Dogs Out (song)
  • Jarts (I think they are outlawed now)
  • Pick Up Sticks
  • Jacks
  • Puttin on the Ritz (song)
  • Heelies (kids shoes with a wheel in the heel)
  • Sit n Spin
  • Jelly Bracelets
  • Electric Football (shaker table style)
  • Klondike Bar - only because of the "what would you do for a Klondike Bar"
  • Hot Wheels

Mr. krista suggested Garbage Pail Kids at the same time he mentioned wacky packs, and I took the latter instead. I had Jarts on my mental list but then forgot about them!

8.ee - Whee-Lo (aka Gyro-Wheel) - Novelty Toy

The Whee-Lo was introduced in 1953 as kind of a hybrid of a yo-yo and a spinning top. It consists of two basic parts: a curved metal track and a plastic wheel with a magnetized axle. When tilted, the wheel rotates along the track but because of the magnets it is able to ride on both the top and bottom. Later models added a plastic slider at the base of the track that could control velocity of the wheel.

I was fascinated by the thing when I was a kid. You could get the wheel to run for a long time on its own momentum before gravity and friction spoiled the fun. I see they're still in production so I'm considering buying one for Christmas so there's a toy under the tree.

Santa brought one of these for the family yesterday. We weren't very good this year because it was the only toy any of us got.

The Whee-Lo was a huge hit and got a lot of use yesterday. There's something calming about how the wheel glides silently along its track. My daughter is thinking about getting another one for her office.

The Whee-Lo was introduced in 1953 as kind of a hybrid of a yo-yo and a spinning top. It consists of two basic parts: a curved metal track and a plastic wheel with a magnetized axle. When tilted, the wheel rotates along the track but because of the magnets it is able to ride on both the top and bottom. Later models added a plastic slider at the base of the track that could control velocity of the wheel.

I was fascinated by the thing when I was a kid. You could get the wheel to run for a long time on its own momentum before gravity and friction spoiled the fun. I see they're still in production so I'm considering buying one for Christmas so there's a toy under the tree.

Santa brought one of these for the family yesterday. We weren't very good this year because it was the only toy any of us got.

The Whee-Lo was a huge hit and got a lot of use yesterday. There's something calming about how the wheel glides silently along its track. My daughter is thinking about getting another one for her office.

it seemed like all families were required to have one of these when I was growing up and yeah, it can be pretty soothing

especially compared to one of these ...

Funny - my daughter “won” a magic 8-ball in our extended family white elephant exchange. I was so proud.

Funny - my daughter “won” a magic 8-ball in our extended family white elephant exchange. I was so proud.

you wanna know??

Users who are viewing this thread