What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Novelty Draft - better than you thought it would be (1 Viewer)

One of my friend's dad was really big into his CB Radio. He actually did voices and created different personas while communicating over air.

"Wolfman Jack" was his big one. He did a great impression.

One that didn't age well in hindsight was "Bruce" who was a flaming homosexual.

It's all kind of ridiculous in retrospect.

I mean, can you imagine a bunch of total strangers communicating over public airwaves using fake identities and their own made-up lingo. :ptts:
I can’t. Sounds creepy.

Toy Rubik’s cube
Toy rubber duck
Toy
Frozen bon bons
Frozen FroYo
Frozen
Song Scotsman
Song seagulls / bad lip reading
Song
Trend mad magazine
Trend 🦜 heads
Trend
Flex
Flex
Flex

9 oz I’ll finish out my songs with the bestest.
Trashmen Surfin Bird. 🏄‍♂️🦤
Also

Damn, I saw I had a tab open from last night with this song and was going to take it, but decided to do a search first. Nice pick!!

3x Novelty Toys -Stretch Armstrong; Joy Buzzer
3x Novelty Frozen - Ice cream sandwhich; Push-Pops; Ice Luge (shots)
3x Novelty Songs - Mr. Jaws; Snoopy v Red Barron; Take Off
3x Novelty Trends, pop culture - EV automobiles; Flash Mob
3x Novelty Flex - Zima; Killer Clowns From Outer Space, Weird Al Yankovic

Last edited:
13.YM - The Chanukah Song by Adam Sandler - Novelty Song

Since my Halloween song and Christmas song were both taken, I’ll move on to a different holiday.

This is my second novelty song that debuted on SNL. Enjoy your ear worm for the day.

So drink your gin and tonicah
And smoke your marijuanikah

13.Doc

"Weird Al" Yankovic - Flex

Yankovic has sold more than 12 million albums (as of 2015)

I'm not sure who was buying these albums - but there's no denying the impact the Polka King of Parodies* had on pop culture.

*not an official title
Nice! It was between Weird Al and Pee-Wee for my last flex spot. Since I already took a song by Al, I decided to go with Mr. Herman.

Have you ever been to the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame up in Milwaukee? I highly recommend if/when you get up there next time. It's pretty cool.

Cool. I get back to Milwaukee every couple years to visit family. Had no idea it was there.

Walker's Point has changed a lot since I used to live there way back last century.
The whole downtown area is really amazingly nice now. When I lived there as a kid (1978-1982), no one would want any part of going downtown at all.

13.cia - Pop Rocks, Novelty Flex

Toy: McDonald's Happy Meal Toys
Toy: Clackers
Toy:

Frozen: Dippin' Dots
Frozen: Root Beer Float
Frozen:

Song: The Streak
Song: Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
Song: Mercedes Benz

Trend: The Twist
Trend: Lava Lamp
Trend: Bic 4-Color Retractable Pen

Flex: Pez Dispenser
Flex: Whamo-O Hula Hoop
Flex: Pop Rocks

11.pa America's Trucking Craze (Flex - Trend)

You had to be there. This lasted for what felt like about 2 weeks in the late 70s, but that two weeks was wall to wall, nonstop, truckin'. Of course it was a much longer phenomenon, arguably starting in 1973 with a local bread commercial, running right through 1975's smash hit Convoy and winding down in 1983 with the cancellation of the Dukes of Hazard TV show (although you might argue Cannonball Run II was the final death knell in 1984, you could safely say the trend had jumped the shark by then). The pinnacle of this novelty trend had to be 1977's Smokey and the Bandit, featuring Jerry Reed's classic Eastbound and Down. Whether it was CB Radios, cross country racing, outrunning smokies in your bitchin' Camaro -er, Firebird, or big cheezy Burt Reynolds mustaches, this craze birthed countless novelty trends that burned so brightly they're still enduring anachronisms to this day.

Pav's Novelty Draft Roster (Round)

Toy: Magic Snake (8)
Toy:
Toy
Frozen: Pudding Pops (2)
Frozen:
Frozen
Song: Another One Rides the Bus (1)
Song: Witch Doctor (3)
Song: Camp Granada (10)
Trend: Pogs (5)
Trend: Palm Pilot (6)
Trend: Fantasy Football (9)
Flex The Monkees TV Series (4)
Flex Ronco Pocket Fisherman (7)
Flex America's Trucking Craze (11)

You had to be there. This lasted for what felt like about 2 weeks in the late 70s, but that two weeks was wall to wall, nonstop, truckin'. Of course it was a much longer phenomenon, arguably starting in 1973 with a local bread commercial, running right through 1975's smash hit Convoy and winding down in 1983 with the cancellation of the Dukes of Hazard TV show (although you might argue Cannonball Run II was the final death knell in 1984, you could safely say the trend had jumped the shark by then). The pinnacle of this novelty trend had to be 1977's Smokey and the Bandit, featuring Jerry Reed's classic Eastbound and Down. Whether it was CB Radios, cross country racing, outrunning smokies in your bitchin' Camaro -er, Firebird, or big cheezy Burt Reynolds mustaches, this craze birthed countless novelty trends that burned so brightly they're still enduring anachronisms to this day.

Pav's Novelty Draft Roster (Round)

Toy: Magic Snake (8)
Toy:
Toy
Frozen: Pudding Pops (2)
Frozen:
Frozen
Song: Another One Rides the Bus (1)
Song: Witch Doctor (3)
Song: Camp Granada (10)
Trend: Pogs (5)
Trend: Palm Pilot (6)
Trend: Fantasy Football (9)
Flex The Monkees TV Series (4)
Flex Ronco Pocket Fisherman (7)
Flex America's Trucking Craze (11)
And these two handsome fellas: Movin' On

You had to be there. This lasted for what felt like about 2 weeks in the late 70s, but that two weeks was wall to wall, nonstop, truckin'. Of course it was a much longer phenomenon, arguably starting in 1973 with a local bread commercial, running right through 1975's smash hit Convoy and winding down in 1983 with the cancellation of the Dukes of Hazard TV show (although you might argue Cannonball Run II was the final death knell in 1984, you could safely say the trend had jumped the shark by then). The pinnacle of this novelty trend had to be 1977's Smokey and the Bandit, featuring Jerry Reed's classic Eastbound and Down. Whether it was CB Radios, cross country racing, outrunning smokies in your bitchin' Camaro -er, Firebird, or big cheezy Burt Reynolds mustaches, this craze birthed countless novelty trends that burned so brightly they're still enduring anachronisms to this day

I forgot to mention this in my CB Radio writeup the other day but Citizen's Band (aka Handle with Care) is a very good 1977 movie made during the midst of the weird CB/Trucker craze of the seventies. It was a breakout film for director Jonathan Demme who went on to greater success in the eighties.

There's not as much action as Smokey or Convoy (or Duel or Breakdown for that matter) but there's a lovely warmth and sense of community between its cast of misfits that's reminiscent of old Frank Capra films.

It's available for streaming with ads on PlutoTV. I think I'm going to watch it tonight.

12.k4 Bobbleheads / Toy

Presumably a shuke-approved selection.
Have you ever been to the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame up in Milwaukee? I highly recommend if/when you get up there next time. It's pretty cool.
I want to meet some of the people that have a membership to that museum………or maybe I really don’t.
If you think that’s bad, try the salt and pepper shaker museum https://thesaltandpeppershakermuseum.com/

I may have taken my oldest two sons to this during son #2’s senior trip.

Edit - make that one of my novelty flex picks; decorative salt and pepper shakers. My parents had a China cabinet full of them.

12.k4 Bobbleheads / Toy

I want to meet some of the people that have a membership to that museum………or maybe I really don’t.
If you think that’s bad, try the salt and pepper shaker museum https://thesaltandpeppershakermuseum.com/

You must have pushed it real good on them.

12.k4 Bobbleheads / Toy

Edit - make that one of my novelty flex picks; decorative salt and pepper shakers. My parents had a China cabinet full of them.
I used to ride my bicycle past the Toilet Seat Museum back in my San Antonio days. It was especially funny because it was located in a ritzy old blue blood neighborhood.

12.k4 Bobbleheads / Toy

I used to ride my bicycle past the Toilet Seat Museum back in my San Antonio days. It was especially funny because it was located in a ritzy old blue blood neighborhood.
Must have been Ozzy’s next stop after visiting the Alamo.

12.k4 Bobbleheads / Toy

Might have worked out better for Ozzy if he had stopped there first.

12.k4 Bobbleheads / Toy

Might have worked out better for Ozzy if he had stopped there first.
I don’t know

Picks so far
Frozen- Slurpee
Frozen- Snickers ice cream bar
Frozen- penis ice cubes
Song- Another One Bites the Dust
Song- Jingle Hell's Bells
Song-
Toy- Silly Putty
Toy- Fidget Spinner
Toy- Yo Yo
Trend- Ghost pepper challenge
Trend- NFTs
Trend- Karaoke
Flex- sensurround
Flex-
Flex-
Pick 10 Novelty Trend
Karaoke
Pick 11 Novelty Toy
Yo Yo

Big in the 70's-80's but can't remember the last time I saw one
Pick 12 Novelty Flex
Sensurround

When the movie Earthquake was released in 1974 I saw it in Sensurround. Basically they put giant speakers in the theater that cranked out bass so your seats and the whole building would "shake". Also saw Rollercoaster a couple years later.

Pick 12 Novelty Flex
Sensurround

When the movie Earthquake was released in 1974 I saw it in Sensurround. Basically they put giant speakers in the theater that cranked out bass so your seats and the whole building would "shake". Also saw Rollercoaster a couple years later.

I saw Rollercoaster in the theater in Sensurround as well.

I can testify that Sensurround didn't simulate an earthquake or roller coaster very well. I'll defer to the experts on WWII naval battles.

Flex.

It all depends on how you guys are really categorizing the Flex portion. From what I've seen in the draft it seems to be a Novelty free for all. If that's the case what I have in mind is truly the Steal of the Draft.

Flex.

It all depends on how you guys are really categorizing the Flex portion. From what I've seen in the draft it seems to be a Novelty free for all. If that's the case what I have in mind is truly the Steal of the Draft.
Does it involve placing jeans in the freezer?

How sure how novel he is now (he’s not but he was) but I think it fits.

Flex, Santa Claus
I'll give you the Santa Claus in the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer holiday special - nowhere else was he such a tool as there.

Flex.

Wrong, sir. Fantasy Football IS the SOD 'round these parts.

14.YM - Paddle Ball - Novelty Toy

You know, it’s the paddle with a rubber ball attached to it by an elastic string that’s been around since the 1920s. You’re either really good at it or really bad at it. Here’s some proof:

Harvey Korman - really good; Mel Brooks, really bad:

Wall-E - somehow both good and bad:

Marilyn Monroe - oh so good:

Users who are viewing this thread