What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NY Giants at Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

LETS GO BIRDS!!! B-west getting his jersey retired tonight. I was at the game where they retired Dawks jersey-no way can anything compare to that tonight. However, Westy was a Giants KILLER for years. Hope some of his magic rubs off tonight. I think they get going early and often as things are starting to click for this offense. Expect a big night for Bradford to Jordan. Giants defense is just too beaten up right now, even if ODB plays (which I think he does).

Eagles win 42-17

Sounds like ODB is a go. Going to be a very tough matchup for Maxwell to stick on him. It seems we've played the Giants well lately though. I love the extra day for Chip to prepare and open up the playbook a little more for Sam this week, especially vs an awful secondary.

Mentioned in other thread, but games we rush over 90 yards we are 2-0, and 0-3 in games we don't. Have to push the Rushing game and get that going right off the bat even though its the opposite of what the defense is giving us.

Don't think Giants will have much success at all running the ball this evening which plays nicely into our 'up tempo' style and may finally help our defense from not getting tired out despite our quick play.

unckeyherb said:
LETS GO BIRDS!!! B-west getting his jersey retired tonight. I was at the game where they retired Dawks jersey-no way can anything compare to that tonight. However, Westy was a Giants KILLER for years. Hope some of his magic rubs off tonight. I think they get going early and often as things are starting to click for this offense. Expect a big night for Bradford to Jordan. Giants defense is just too beaten up right now, even if ODB plays (which I think he does).

Eagles win 42-17
I hope it isn’t that bad but it doesn’t look good for the Giants. The Giants are banged up on both sides on the ball

Kennard and Prince are out

Beckham may play early but I understand it’s going to be really cold in Philly tonight, that hamstring will probably tighten up

I'll be at the game.

My daughter is doing some fundraising in the parking lots pre-game. Make sure you donate if you see some kids panhandling. Lol!

Think with Agholor out, Josh Huff might have a big game. Kid has talent but he makes some dumb decisions, which have as of yet, kept him off the field. Chip will be forced to start him tonight and he could have a big game.

This game is tough to predict. Depends on which offense shows up on both teams. I do believe the Eagles have a higher ceiling, but also have a lower floor than the Giants. First team to 24 points, wins.

I win a couple hundred shekels in a weekly pick 'em pool if the Eagles win and the game goes over 45 points. Can someone dial that up for me tonight? Also need Manning + Odell > 9 points in a TD heavy high-stakes buy-in league to stay afloat. A lot riding on this one for me. Can someone please make sure Beckham plays? TIA.

I win a couple hundred shekels in a weekly pick 'em pool if the Eagles win and the game goes over 45 points. Can someone dial that up for me tonight? Also need Manning + Odell > 9 points in a TD heavy high-stakes buy-in league to stay afloat. A lot riding on this one for me. Can someone please make sure Beckham plays? TIA.
I think an Eagles win and a total over 45 is very likely.....I'd give you a 75% of hitting that.

I think an Eagles win and a total over 45 is very likely.....I'd give you a 75% of hitting that.
From your lips to the football Gods' ears, GB.

I think you should feel pretty good about both.

I think you should feel pretty good about both.
O/U is up to 51.5. It was 49-50 when I submitted my picks, went with 48 hoping someone would shoot low and I could get a decent number if it came down to a tiebreaker. Luckily, the guy who's tied with me right now and has the Iggles tonight chose 42, so I have a decent shot there. Of course, if the Giants win, some chick who knows nothing about football and probably chooses by coin toss wins. that would be the second time that's happened to me in the last 4 weeks, which would really tick me the F off.

Week 6 might be too early for must-win but a loss would seriously hurt the Eagles' season. A loss drops them to 2-4 and 0-3 in division.

O/U is up to 51.5. It was 49-50 when I submitted my picks, went with 48 hoping someone would shoot low and I could get a decent number if it came down to a tiebreaker. Luckily, the guy who's tied with me right now and has the Iggles tonight chose 42, so I have a decent shot there. Of course, if the Giants win, some chick who knows nothing about football and probably chooses by coin toss wins. that would be the second time that's happened to me in the last 4 weeks, which would really tick me the F off.
“I went entirely with cities whose symphonies are led by foreign-born conductors” - Diane Chambers

“I went entirely with cities whose symphonies are led by foreign-born conductors” - Diane Chambers
:lmao:

I ALMOST said that, but I wasn't sure how many people would get the reference.

Nothing like getting excited for this game, looking around for pre-game stuff and all you see is what is on ESPN, turn it on, and have to turn it off with-in 5 minutes because the knuckleheads on that channel drive you insane.

Eli will be the difference maker in this game. Road games don't bother him at all. Expecting a huge night from Eli, OBJ, Randle, Jennings and Vereen.

Yes, our D will struggle against the Chip Offensive schemes.

I have Jennings in over Sproles but figured you guys would be a good group to ask anyway With Mathews probably out how much does that help Sproles? Enough to consider starting him?

I have Jennings in over Sproles but figured you guys would be a good group to ask anyway With Mathews probably out how much does that help Sproles? Enough to consider starting him?
mathews is playing, but i don't think Jennings will have much of a game. if you need 3-4 points go Jennings, if you need more Sproles might be more likely to get you a good amt.

Eli will be the difference maker in this game. Road games don't bother him at all. Expecting a huge night from Eli, OBJ, Randle, Jennings and Vereen.

How's his record on the road in Philly?
He'll make sure to block the Philthy crowd noise by plugging his ears with his two super bowl rings.
Oh. I see your THAT guy. Ok cuz. Enjoy the game.

How's his record on the road in Philly?
He'll make sure to block the Philthy crowd noise by plugging his ears with his two super bowl rings.
Oh. I see your THAT guy. Ok cuz. Enjoy the game.
2-2 in Philly in his last 4 games.

Eagles inactives

ILB Kiko Alonso: Alonso will miss his fourth game, however, the Eagles have gotten fantastic play out of rookie ILB Jordan Hicks in Alonso's absence.

ILB Mychal Kendricks: With Kendricks and Alonso out, as noted, the Eagles are in capable hands with DeMeco Ryans and Jordan Hicks in reserve.

DE Brandon Bair: Bair has played well in a reserve role for the Eagles. He went out last week just as Taylor Hart got healthy.

WR Nelson Agholor: This will be the first game that Agholor will miss as a pro. Josh Huff will start in his absence.

OL Tanner Hawkinson: Hawkinson siogned with the team this week. He'll liklely play guard for the Eagles, but is not ready yet.

CB Denzel Rice: Rice lands back on the inactive list with S Chris Maragos ready to go.

QB Thad Lewis: Lewis takes over for Stephen Morris in the "Matt Barkley inactive No. 3 QB" role.

GiantsGiants inactives

CB Prince Amukamara: Amukamara is the Giants' best corner, and that's on a defense that is ranked dead last in the NFL in passing yards allowed. Big loss.

WR Victor Cruz: As we reported earlier in the week, Victor Cruz has not yet been cleared to be on the field, per Tom Coughlin. He has not played since tearing his patellar tendon Week 6 a year ago in Philly.

LB Devon Kennard: Kennard is an under-the-radar player outside of New York, but is a good player at a position where there's a significant dropoff to the next guy up.

DE Robert Ayers: Ayers is a starter at DE, and one of their better pass rushers, which isn't saying much.

CB Trumaine McBride: McBride's importance is heightened with Amukamara out.

OL Bobby Hart: Backup, warm body.

Louis Nix III: Remember when people wanted the Eagles to draft this guy?

Users who are viewing this thread