What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Odell Beckham "Going Dark" To Gather His Thoughts (1 Viewer)

What's the concern level about this?

• 0. No concern at all

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • 1. A little Concerned

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • 2. Concerned

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • 3. Very Conerned

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 4. Extremely Concerned

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
Ilov80s said:
I have to disasgree GB. So he got mad and threw a small tantrum when he was 24 and lost a game? When I was 30, I get so upset at some issue I was having coding a website for a grad school class that I kicked my home office door and put a hole through it. I calmed down, fixed the website, bought a new door, painted it and replaced it. I am fine- I was just frustrated because of all the time I had put into the website and it wasn't turning out how I had hoped. Is that really so crazy?
:lol:  so when's the last time you got on your knees and propose to a kicking net. Dude is flat out mental.

Baker doesn't need him so when he completely loses his mind, it won't affect Baker's FF output.

Last edited by a moderator:
ProFootballTalk
‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk

Odell Beckham tweets he "woke up feeling dangerous"

Guess the blackout is over, that didn't last long.   Look at me!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ProFootballTalk

This is just a generational thing.   These tweets, to me, scream out either "look at me'" or "I'm a moron who doesn't have the self control to follow through."

But that doesn't make this a huge crisis.  The younger generation thinks this is all normal.

great list.  i like how they used a photo of an old bank that’s now a grocery store for playhouse square.  
Yeah, that pic left me scratching my head.  The things they mention (apart from the SS Cod, which I never cared for) are pretty cool.  If you get to the Rock Hall, check out the "roots" in the basement -- full of awesome old recordings!

Yeah, that pic left me scratching my head.  The things they mention (apart from the SS Cod, which I never cared for) are pretty cool.  If you get to the Rock Hall, check out the "roots" in the basement -- full of awesome old recordings!
there’s an amazing amount of awesome stuff in that basement. 

I believe he said that because Baker Mayfield made the same comment last season. This is his way of making everyone know he is now accepting of the change. (IMO of youthful interpretation).

I'd never considered this. You guys think that's a real possibility?
Whether you are a franchise NFL player or a middle manager in a cubicle farm, there's a difference between knowing (intellectually) that you are expendable and actually living through it. In either case it can be a bit of a jolt - and if a good chunk of your ego/self worth is wrapped up in being the franchise/untouchable player on your team, that jolt could be pretty significant.

kodycutter said:
ProFootballTalk

I believe psychologist/physicshiatrist have an ethical obligation to not diagnose a public figure from afar. I’m a CPA/CFO, not a licensed therapist. I did not stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

Those caveats out of the way, OBJ shares a high number of traits with folks with BPD. I don’t necessarily think he’s a danger to himself or others, but it’s highly unlikely he will increase his emotion control.

I imagine his career will look a lot like T.O./Brandon Marshall. Highly productive, and this won’t be the last time he’s traded.

Users who are viewing this thread