What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 10th Pick*** (1 Viewer)

Im in a ten team league with the 10th pick! Back to Back picks...What to do?

Portis and Reggie Wayne?

Portis and Braylon Edwards?

Portis and Marshawn Lynch?

Portis and Peyton Manning?

I think I would go with Portis and Wayne or Edwards!!

Capitolpunishment said:
Im in a ten team league with the 10th pick! Back to Back picks...What to do?Portis and Reggie Wayne?Portis and Braylon Edwards?Portis and Marshawn Lynch?Portis and Peyton Manning?I think I would go with Portis and Wayne or Edwards!!
I see you're new here so I'll be nice.Before anyone would even consider answering your question you would need to post more information about your league. For example this is how you should have phrased your inquiry."Guys, I'm new here so please bare with me". I'm in a 10 man league that starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex..etc...etc. Scoring is xxx per xxx, xxx perxxx, etc. etc. I think the first 9 picks will go (list picks). So I'm on the fence as to who to take with the back to back picks. I was contemplating XXX and XXX or XXX and XXX. What do you guys think? For any of you that have already drafted in a ten team league how did the first and second round go? Thanks in advance.That's how you do it bro.

instead of just asking who to pick, maybe you should do some more research. things are constantly changing. and Portis might not be there at 10.

have you thought who you might be targeting in the 3rd/4th turn? have you done any mocks?

Capitolpunishment said:
Im in a ten team league with the 10th pick! Back to Back picks...What to do?Portis and Reggie Wayne?Portis and Braylon Edwards?Portis and Marshawn Lynch?Portis and Peyton Manning?I think I would go with Portis and Wayne or Edwards!!
Welcome to FBG.I would go with Portis and Lynch, unless your scoring system favors WR in which case I would take Wayne.The ideal strategy this year is to go WR with that 2nd pick but with Lynch I think gives you a very sold tandem at RB and you can still pick up some good value at WR later in the draft. Also you might wamt to wait to select a QB until much later maybe going QBBC which this year to me seems to be very effective. Once again welcome to FBG.

I'm sitting at the 10 spot in my Start 2 QB league (3WR 2RB RB/WR TE K D Performance scoring) and my draft is coming up as well. I'm assuming knowing the people in my league that the draft will go

1)Brady 2)LT 3)ADP 4)Romo 5)Addai 6)Manning 7)Westbrook 8)Jackson 9)Moss

I have been in love with the thought of going Moss/TO or Moss/Wayne because I feel comfortable getting Edge or Thomas Jones later (Both #1 backs with good seasons ahead of them I hope) and then I feel there are some RBs I can get later who I think will turn out to be good Flex spot starters. If Moss is gone though the excitement of going WR/WR is not really there so I feel I'm going to go RB/RB (I'm a QB bottom feeder when is come to FF).

I have been very happy looking at the possibilities of picking 2 out of Barber, Lynch, Gore and Portis. Everyone has reasons they may fail, these guys though are all worthy of a 1st/2nd round pick.

So I drew the 10 spot today :popcorn:

After a couple mocks here is what I think my gameplan will be...

1.10 - Portis (really hope he falls here as I don't have a solid plan B)

2.03 - Braylon (Wayne or TO)

3.10 - Holt or Brees depending on who falls (this is a rough spot IMO)

4.03 - Might look Witten here. (Harrison and Brandon Marshall usually still available)

5.10 - Lendale White (again, no back-up plan for this one.)

6.03 - Cotchery or Driver

after that it changes a lot. Not loving the spot, even a best case starting line-up isn't looking very good.

QB: Brees

RB: Portis

RB: White

WR: Edwards

WR: Cotchery

WR: (later round vet a la Mason, Galloway, Engram, Stallworth)

TE: Witten

It would be a competative team, but can't match what the 1-3 picks will put out there.

So no one else has the 10th pick?

Bump for a little more discussion on this spot.

Depending on how things pan out in our draft I am seriously considering taking two stud WRs at 10 and 15. If Moss, TO, and or Reggie W are available, I am grabbing two of them. If Brady or a top tier (top 5) RB is still available, I will have to reconsider. I don't have much faith in many of the RB's this year, I think we are going to see some RB's currently ranked 15 and up break the top 10, a few top 5.....just a hunch

I have always drafted RB heavily and this year I am ready to change my strategy.

Oh and :yes:

I did get Moss at 10, and would have considered Edwards at 15. But Gore fell to me, and as a 2nd round pick I liked him.

The 3.10 pick doesn't look great, I agree. Knowing my league, the top 5 or so QBs will be gone. Chasing Witten with your 3rd/4th rounder is too big of a gamble if you start 3 WR. If you start 2WR and play PPR he looks okay. You probably do need 2 RB and 2 WR after these first 4 rounds.

How about Burress at 3.10? That's where antsports has his ADP now. He scores tons of TDs when healthy... maybe there's some issue I'm not aware of w/ him? Steve Smith and Marshall may be here, though of course you won't get a full season out of them.

For an RB in the 4th, you should have choices between some or all of Jacobs, Parker, Thomas Jones, Graham -- if you like any of those guys enough. If not, I might take Big Ben here. Maybe a Ben/Santonio combo here is a sneaky play.

Im in a ten team league with the 10th pick! Back to Back picks...What to do?

Portis and Reggie Wayne?

Portis and Braylon Edwards?

Portis and Marshawn Lynch?

Portis and Peyton Manning?

I think I would go with Portis and Wayne or Edwards!!
I see you're new here so I'll be nice.Before anyone would even consider answering your question you would need to post more information about your league. For example this is how you should have phrased your inquiry.

"Guys, I'm new here so please bare with me". I'm in a 10 man league that starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex..etc...etc. Scoring is xxx per xxx, xxx perxxx, etc. etc. I think the first 9 picks will go (list picks). So I'm on the fence as to who to take with the back to back picks. I was contemplating XXX and XXX or XXX and XXX. What do you guys think? For any of you that have already drafted in a ten team league how did the first and second round go? Thanks in advance.

That's how you do it bro.
We're doing group nudity here now?

In my start-up dynasty I picked Moss at 1.10 and Brady at 2.03.

But those guys don't always seem to be there, and it leaves you weaker at RB.

Last two mocks that I did.. I had Portis & Edwards & Portis & LJ.. I would be happy either way with those picks..I'm starting to like the 10 or 11 spot this year if I can't get 1 or 2..

I really like the backend this year for the draft in complete redrafts.

Of course in one money league it's a one man keeper and I have Adrian Peterson. I hope to go in the top end obviously.

Doing a TD-heavy, 1RB/2 WR/1 flex mock from the 10 spot right now. Here's what I have so far. In a PPR league, or a league with more starters required, I would have had more WRs by this point.

POS Player Name Team Pick Bye

QB Carson Palmer CIN 4.03 8

RB Clinton Portis WAS 1.10 10

RB Earnest Graham TBB 3.10 10

RB Lendale White TEN 6.03 6

WR Reggie Wayne IND 2.03 4

WR Dwayne Bowe KCC 5.10 6

TE Vernon Davis SFO 7.10 9

DT San Diego Chargers SDC 8.03 9

From the 10-hole, in a start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, and a rb/wr flex (.5 PPR), i'm tempted to go rb/rb if two of these rb's are there:

Portis, Lynch, Barber, Gore, and maybe LJ

1 Portis (Barber, Gore, LJ)

2. Lynch

3. Holt

4. Plaxico (S. Smith, Boldin)

5. T. Jones (if he slips, or R. Johnson, S. Young)

6. Calvin Johnson (Jennings, maybe S. Holmes slips)

7. C. Cooley (D. Clark, Shockey)

8. Jay Cutler (Bulger, Eli Manning)

and onward

If two of my desired RB's aren't at 10/11 I'd go this way:

1. Portis (Lynch, Barber, Gore)

2. Owens (assume Moss gone, Wayne, Braylon)

3. Holt

4. Plaxico

5. T. Jones

6. S. Young (R. Johnson)

7. C. Cooley (D. Clark, Shockey)

8. Jay Cutler (Bulger, Eli Manning)

I did a quick scan of my last few mock draft results, and these guys seem to be available consistently at 10:

Lynch, Portis, TO, LJ, and Gore (though not as often as the others)

Coming back, you can look to one of the above or Jamal Lewis, McGahee, Fitzgerald, Ryan Grant

Oh, and I just pulled the 10 spot for a small $ draft this weekend, so I can add more next week.

i have the 10th pick in a TD heavy (all TD's = 6pts, 100/300 yds = 3pts), Cowboy country, l0 team re-draft league.

The first 7 picks will get rid of Brady, Manning, Romo, LT, ADP, Addai, Barber.

So basically I'm looking at taking 2 out of whoever's left of this group of four: Westbrook, SJax, Moss, Owens.

In the 3-4th, I'm thinking Ronnie Brown, Edge, Turner, McFaddin, Lendale, Rudi, Selvin Young (hopefully Thomas Jones, Bush, Jacobs) will all be there as well as Colston, Housh, Fitz, Holt, Johnson, etc.

I'm definitely taking a RB at 3.

My question is:

For the 4th should I grab another one of these RB's (assuming I picked Owens or Moss already)

or

Grab Anderson or Big Ben if he makes it back to me. (If I don't go QB here, I'll be left with the McNabb, Favre, Manning, Cutler, Bulger, Delhommes of the world.

or grab a WR.

The last few mocks that I have done usually have Portis and Lynch available there and that's the way I'd go barring availability of Moss and MBIII, both of whom should be gone.

Updating my previous post after several dozen more mocks..

Round 1

9 times out of 10 the following 8 will be gone (LT, ADP, Wetsy, SJax, Addai, Brady, Moss, MBIII) The other spot is usually filled with either Portis, Gore, Lynch, TO, or Wayne. Personally as stated before I would love Portis to be there. If he isn't I'm looking either Lynch or Owens. Likely TO as Lynch still has a lot to prove in my eyes.

Round 2

Only 5 picks later with the original 8 off the board, at this point it is almost safe to assume that Portis, TO and Wayne are surely gone. Likely Gore and Lynch are off the board as well. To me this pick comes down to Edwards, and LJ with Romo/Manning as a sleeper*. While a tough call, I'll generally make this pick based on who I took in RD1. If Portis, I take Edwards...If TO, I take LJ.

* Depending on league scoring. In mine this would make sense.

Round 3

Gets tough to here to predict the next 20 picks. The following are the guys who I would lable as for sure gone by 3.10...

Andre Johnson

Fitz

Colston

McGahee (depending on news)

MJD

Ryan Grant

Manning

Romo

TJ Housh

Chad Johnson

Likely to be gone...

Brees

Holt

Jamal Lewis

Plax

Wes Welker

Steve Smith

Those were 16 guys usually gone by the time 3.10 rolls around. This next tier has a good amount of RB potential, but also likely to have a high bust factor. I'm low Palmer this year and no other QB IMO offers much at the 3/4 turn. Potential picks for 3.10 & 4.03 include...

RB... Bush, Maroney, FWP, Thomas Jones, Ronnie Brown, M.Turner, E.Graham and Jacobs

WR... R. Williams Holmes, Boldin, Harrison, Jennings, Bowe, Ward, Calvin, and Brandon Marshall

TE...Witten at 4.03 isn't a bad pick IMO

If I had the pick of the litter, I would likely grab Holmes and M.Turner although no promises that both or either are there.

Coming back to the 5/6 turn. I think the value here is just flat out awesome! Potentially available players include

QB; Anderson, Hass, McNabb

RB: S.Young, Lendale, Rudi, Edge, McFadden(serious wildcard with this guy), Stewart, Deangelo, Fred Taylor, Kevin Smith

WR: Driver, Cotchrey (although rising fast), Chambers, Coles, Evans, Roddy White

TE: Dallas Clark, Tony G (maybe)

again, with my choice...I'd love to grab Selvin and Cotchery here.

I won't go any further as this is getting sloppy already. Figure I can grab a QB in the next round or two (Cutler, Shaub, Eli, Bulger, Delhomme, Favre) and a TE sometime in the next 3-4 (Davis, Sheffler, Daniels, Crumpler)

10 would be a nice spot if I can walk away with an Ideal draft of...

QB:Shaub

RB:Portis

RB:Turner

WR:Edwards

WR:Holmes

WR:Cotchery

TE: Sheffler

Selvin heading up the bench.

Steelnation said:
BumpingWould anyone else like to share there team assuming they had the 10th pick in a redraft?
IDP league. Draft is ongoing... 6pts all TDs, 1 pt/10 yards receiving, 1 pt/15 yards rushing.Start 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3OFlex, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DFlexMy team from the #10 spot so far:1.10 Marion Barber (chose him over Portis/Lynch)2.03 Tony Romo (QBs always go fast and furious in this league)3.10 Reggie Bush4.03 Torry Holt5.10 Santonio Holmes (very happy with the value here)6.03 Patrick Willis (LB, 49ers)7.10 Santana Moss8.03 David Harris (LB, NYJ)9.10 Kirk Morrison (LB, Oak)10.3 I'm almost up... trying to decide between Owen Daniels or Vernon Davis

I can see most of you guys think Portis is a safer bet than Lynch. I'm not necessarily sure, but I better come up w/ a decision by Friday.

i have the 10th pick in a TD heavy (all TD's = 6pts, 100/300 yds = 3pts), Cowboy country, l0 team re-draft league.The first 7 picks will get rid of Brady, Manning, Romo, LT, ADP, Addai, Barber.So basically I'm looking at taking 2 out of whoever's left of this group of four: Westbrook, SJax, Moss, Owens.In the 3-4th, I'm thinking Ronnie Brown, Edge, Turner, McFaddin, Lendale, Rudi, Selvin Young (hopefully Thomas Jones, Bush, Jacobs) will all be there as well as Colston, Housh, Fitz, Holt, Johnson, etc.I'm definitely taking a RB at 3.My question is: For the 4th should I grab another one of these RB's (assuming I picked Owens or Moss already)orGrab Anderson or Big Ben if he makes it back to me. (If I don't go QB here, I'll be left with the McNabb, Favre, Manning, Cutler, Bulger, Delhommes of the world.or grab a WR.
Nice username ;)E2A: Oh, and don't take T. Jones no matter where he falls. Also, don't you dare take D. Anderson in the 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have the 10th pick in a TD heavy (all TD's = 6pts, 100/300 yds = 3pts), Cowboy country, l0 team re-draft league.The first 7 picks will get rid of Brady, Manning, Romo, LT, ADP, Addai, Barber.So basically I'm looking at taking 2 out of whoever's left of this group of four: Westbrook, SJax, Moss, Owens.In the 3-4th, I'm thinking Ronnie Brown, Edge, Turner, McFaddin, Lendale, Rudi, Selvin Young (hopefully Thomas Jones, Bush, Jacobs) will all be there as well as Colston, Housh, Fitz, Holt, Johnson, etc.I'm definitely taking a RB at 3.My question is: For the 4th should I grab another one of these RB's (assuming I picked Owens or Moss already)orGrab Anderson or Big Ben if he makes it back to me. (If I don't go QB here, I'll be left with the McNabb, Favre, Manning, Cutler, Bulger, Delhommes of the world.or grab a WR.
Nice username :bag:E2A: Oh, and don't take T. Jones no matter where he falls. Also, don't you dare take D. Anderson in the 4th.
and why not take Thomas Jones?

Nice username :goodposting:E2A: Oh, and don't take T. Jones no matter where he falls. Also, don't you dare take D. Anderson in the 4th.
and why not take Thomas Jones?
Because he sucks? His career ypc is <4? He is a career under-achiever? Leon Washington is a better RB? He couldn't even supplant Marcel Shipp as the starter for 3 seasons in AZ and was barely better than Ced Benson in CHI?

I had the 10 spot in my 10 team Redraft league 1 pt per rec. flex lineup (2 rb/2 wr or 1 rb/3 wr) te requiredThe first nine in order were: LT, Westy, Brady, AP, Barber, Moss, Addai, Owens, GoreSo far I got the following:1.10 SJax - before he showed up for camp2.1 Portis3.10 Holt4.1 Ocho CiincoI picked the two in rounds 3 and 4 over Steve Smith, Brandon Marchall, Calvon Johnson etcLA

Alright Boys, Had my draft tonight and here is what we got at 10....

1.10 Portis

2.03 Gore

3.10 Holt

4.03 Calvin

5.10 Cotchery

6.03 Ronnie Brown (comp lock-up...Wanted Selvin Young)

7.10 Cutler

8.03 Favre

9.10 Chester Taylor

10.03 Chris Johnson

11.10 Shaub

12.03 Sidney Rice

13.10 Ben Watson

14.13 Pierre Thomas

15.10 Andre Hall

Yep, didn't draft a kicker or D...still 2 weeks away with a FCFS waiver

Overall I am happy with the starting RBs and WRs. Culter, Faver and Shaub will be a nice combo. Watson was a value play.

as an FYI...this was a 12 team PPR. I can post the entire draft if anyone would like.

Really nice draft. Cotchery went pretty late. So did Chris Johnson. I am surprised you could get Portis and Gore. I would have thought Gore would be gone before 2.03.I am struggling whether I should go WR/WR, RB/WR or RB/RB.Thanks for the insight. If you have time, it would be nice to see the whole draft.

Alright Boys, Had my draft tonight and here is what we got at 10....1.10 Portis2.03 Gore3.10 Holt4.03 Calvin5.10 Cotchery6.03 Ronnie Brown (comp lock-up...Wanted Selvin Young)7.10 Cutler8.03 Favre9.10 Chester Taylor10.03 Chris Johnson11.10 Shaub 12.03 Sidney Rice13.10 Ben Watson14.13 Pierre Thomas15.10 Andre HallYep, didn't draft a kicker or D...still 2 weeks away with a FCFS waiverOverall I am happy with the starting RBs and WRs. Culter, Faver and Shaub will be a nice combo. Watson was a value play.as an FYI...this was a 12 team PPR. I can post the entire draft if anyone would like.

Really nice draft. Cotchery went pretty late. So did Chris Johnson. I am surprised you could get Portis and Gore. I would have thought Gore would be gone before 2.03.I am struggling whether I should go WR/WR, RB/WR or RB/RB.Thanks for the insight. If you have time, it would be nice to see the whole draft.

Alright Boys, Had my draft tonight and here is what we got at 10....1.10 Portis2.03 Gore3.10 Holt4.03 Calvin5.10 Cotchery6.03 Ronnie Brown (comp lock-up...Wanted Selvin Young)7.10 Cutler8.03 Favre9.10 Chester Taylor10.03 Chris Johnson11.10 Shaub 12.03 Sidney Rice13.10 Ben Watson14.13 Pierre Thomas15.10 Andre HallYep, didn't draft a kicker or D...still 2 weeks away with a FCFS waiverOverall I am happy with the starting RBs and WRs. Culter, Faver and Shaub will be a nice combo. Watson was a value play.as an FYI...this was a 12 team PPR. I can post the entire draft if anyone would like.
It was basically a 2/3 shark...1/3guppy draft. QB's score very well in our system.Romo went 9 overall and Manning went 11h.I would just say Value is there at the 3/4 turn. I could have easily have landed T.Jones and M.Turner.

Round 1

1. Adrian Peterson No More Favr...

2. LaDainian Tomlinson Brett

3. Brian Westbrook Royals Box S...

4. Marion Barber Dolans Irish...

5. Steven Jackson Jayhawks

6. Tom Brady Bradyback Mo...

7. Randy Moss DaPulverizers

8. Joseph Addai TITANS

9. Tony Romo HOORAY FOR B...

10. Clinton Portis The Dynasty

11. Peyton Manning Wet Bandits

12. Marshawn Lynch HawkTownBallin

Round 2

1. Terrell Owens HawkTownBallin

2. Reggie Wayne Wet Bandits

3. Frank Gore The Dynasty

4. Willis McGahee HOORAY FOR B...

5. Larry Johnson TITANS

6. Willie Parker DaPulverizers

7. Larry Fitzgerald Bradyback Mo...

8. Drew Brees Jayhawks

9. Maurice Jones-Drew Dolans Irish...

10. Braylon Edwards Royals Box S...

11. Ryan Grant Brett

12. Jamal Lewis No More Favr...

Round 3

1. T.J. Houshmandzadeh No More Favr...

2. Marques Colston Brett

3. Andre Johnson Royals Box S...

4. Chad Johnson Dolans Irish...

5. Plaxico Burress Jayhawks

6. Reggie Bush Bradyback Mo...

7. Ben Roethlisberger DaPulverizers

8. Anquan Boldin TITANS

9. Wes Welker HOORAY FOR B...

10. Torry Holt The Dynasty

11. Darren McFadden Wet Bandits

12. Carson Palmer HawkTownBallin

Round 4

1. Santonio Holmes HawkTownBallin

2. Hines Ward Wet Bandits

3. Calvin Johnson The Dynasty

4. Antonio Gates HOORAY FOR B...

5. Steve Smith TITANS

6. Jason Witten DaPulverizers

7. Michael Turner Bradyback Mo...

8. Thomas Jones Jayhawks

9. Kellen Winslow Dolans Irish...

10. Derek Anderson Royals Box S...

11. Donovan McNabb Brett

12. Dallas Clark No More Favr...

Round 5

1. Jon Kitna No More Favr...

2. Tony Gonzalez Brett

3. Brandon Jacobs Royals Box S...

4. Roy Williams Dolans Irish...

5. Laurence Maroney Jayhawks

6. Brandon Marshall Bradyback Mo...

7. Earnest Graham DaPulverizers

8. Donald Driver TITANS

9. Edgerrin James HOORAY FOR B...

10. Jerricho Cotchery The Dynasty

11. Marvin Harrison Wet Bandits

12. LenDale White HawkTownBallin

Round 6

1. Dwayne Bowe HawkTownBallin

2. Selvin Young Wet Bandits

3. Ronnie Brown The Dynasty

4. Greg Jennings HOORAY FOR B...

5. Roddy White TITANS

6. Bobby Engram DaPulverizers

7. Lee Evans Bradyback Mo...

8. Joey Galloway Jayhawks

9. Matt Hasselbeck Dolans Irish...

10. Jeremy Shockey Royals Box S...

11. Laveranues Coles Brett

12. Jonathan Stewart No More Favr...

Round 7

1. Chris Chambers No More Favr...

2. Kevin Curtis Brett

3. Derrick Mason Royals Box S...

4. Santana Moss Dolans Irish...

5. Nate Burleson Jayhawks

6. Kevin Smith Bradyback Mo...

7. Javon Walker DaPulverizers

8. Chris Cooley TITANS

9. Reggie Brown HOORAY FOR B...

10. Jay Cutler The Dynasty

11. Eli Manning Wet Bandits

12. DeAngelo Williams HawkTownBallin

Round 8

1. San Diego HawkTownBallin

2. New England Wet Bandits

3. Brett Favre The Dynasty

4. Jacksonville HOORAY FOR B...

5. Marc Bulger TITANS

6. Philip Rivers DaPulverizers

7. Patrick Crayton Bradyback Mo...

8. Vernon Davis Jayhawks

9. Minnesota Dolans Irish...

10. Fred Taylor Royals Box S...

11. Bernard Berrian Brett

12. David Garrard No More Favr...

Round 9

1. Jerry Porter No More Favr...

2. Julius Jones Brett

3. Dallas Royals Box S...

4. Rob Bironas Dolans Irish...

5. Anthony Gonzalez Jayhawks

6. Ricky Williams Bradyback Mo...

7. Ted Ginn Jr. DaPulverizers

8. Matt Forte TITANS

9. Reggie Williams HOORAY FOR B...

10. Chester Taylor The Dynasty

11. Rudi Johnson Wet Bandits

12. Heath Miller HawkTownBallin

Round 10

1. Darrell Jackson HawkTownBallin

2. Owen Daniels Wet Bandits

3. Chris Johnson The Dynasty

4. Darren Sproles HOORAY FOR B...

5. Bryant Johnson TITANS

6. New York DaPulverizers

7. Chris Perry Bradyback Mo...

8. Ronald Curry Jayhawks

9. Donte' Stallworth Dolans Irish...

10. Deion Branch Royals Box S...

11. Chicago Brett

12. Isaac Bruce No More Favr...

Round 11

1. Pittsburgh No More Favr...

2. Nick Folk Brett

3. Aaron Rodgers Royals Box S...

4. Kenny Watson Dolans Irish...

5. Leon Washington Jayhawks

6. Tony Scheffler Bradyback Mo...

7. Jake Delhomme DaPulverizers

8. Ahman Green TITANS

9. Nate Kaeding HOORAY FOR B...

10. Matt Schaub The Dynasty

11. Warrick Dunn Wet Bandits

12. Stephen Gostkowski HawkTownBallin

Round 12

1. Justin Fargas HawkTownBallin

2. Deuce McAllister Wet Bandits

3. Sidney Rice The Dynasty

4. Kevin Jones HOORAY FOR B...

5. Seattle TITANS

6. Shayne Graham DaPulverizers

7. Ray Rice Bradyback Mo...

8. Kevin Walter Jayhawks

9. Maurice Morris Dolans Irish...

10. Vincent Jackson Royals Box S...

11. Jerious Norwood Brett

12. D.J. Hackett No More Favr...

Round 13

1. Amani Toomer No More Favr...

2. David Patten Brett

3. Ahmad Bradshaw Royals Box S...

4. Antwaan Randle El Dolans Irish...

5. Chris Brown Jayhawks

6. Jason Campbell Bradyback Mo...

7. Todd Heap DaPulverizers

8. Rashard Mendenhall TITANS

9. Shaun McDonald HOORAY FOR B...

10. Benjamin Watson The Dynasty

11. Drew Bennett Wet Bandits

12. Alex Smith HawkTownBallin

Round 14

1. Devin Hester HawkTownBallin

2. Adam Vinatieri Wet Bandits

3. Pierre Thomas The Dynasty

4. Brandon Stokley HOORAY FOR B...

5. Alge Crumpler TITANS

6. Green Bay DaPulverizers

7. Justin Gage Bradyback Mo...

8. Felix Jones Jayhawks

9. Muhsin Muhammad Dolans Irish...

10. Donald Lee Royals Box S...

11. Zach Miller Brett

12. L.J. Smith No More Favr...

Round 15

1. Neil Rackers No More Favr...

2. Jeff Garcia Brett

3. Robbie Gould Royals Box S...

4. Michael Jenkins Dolans Irish...

5. Baltimore Jayhawks

6. Ladell Betts Bradyback Mo...

7. Tatum Bell DaPulverizers

8. Mason Crosby TITANS

9. Matt Leinart HOORAY FOR B...

10. Andre Hall The Dynasty

11. Arnaz Battle Wet Bandits

12. Ernest Wilford

i'm doing a banzai draft format, but the mocks I've been doing have been serpentine. Usually ending up with something like this: (note I draft PPR and 6 pass TD):

(1) Portis

(2) Bush (Some may fault me here, but I ain't passing on him at 15 overall in PPR)

(3) Calvin

(4) Marshall

(5) If Marshall over Witten, I go T.Gonzalez. If vice versa, I go one of Cotchery/Bowe/R.White (Cotchery's normally gone now)

This is the most interesting spot in the 10 spots draft. It is also possible a decent amount of times to go CAR or MIA backfield at 5/6 turn if you're into sewing one of them up. Or go Selvin Young and just look A.Hall at the end of your draft.

(6) Cutler

(7) Chris Johnson (You'll find some manlove time-to-time, but I'd say 75% of the time you'll land him here)

(8) Chris Perry

(9) Ginn

(10) R.Rice

(11) Mason

(12) Rodgers/Kitna/Rivers

(13) Betts

(14) G.Olson

(15) Def

(16) K

My local today: PPR 12 team; 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1k/1dst + 1 Off flex (can be QB/RB/WR/TE). All TD's = 6 points

Through 12 rounds (doing final 6 via blind bidding): <Banzai draft format>

Moss, Randy NEP WR - 4 1.10

Bush, Reggie NOS RB - 9 2.03 (Couldn't get myself to pass him up here)

Colston, Marques NOS WR - 9 3.03 (Surprised he fell to here, but I'll take it)

Marshall, Brandon DEN WR - 8 4.03 (Probably shoulda went Calvin or Witten, but..)

Cutler, Jay DEN QB - 8 5.10 (Couldn't resist Cutler to Marshall. Even for 13 games)

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB - 4 6.03 (Still can't believe I made this pick knowing full well Ricky's the starter right now)

Young, Selvin DEN RB - 8 7.10 (Coming at nice value)

Eli Manning NYG QB - 8 8.03

Johnson, Chris TEN RB - 6 9.10 (I see PPR gold here)

Williams, Ricky MIA RB - 4 10.03 (Or that Ricky fell to here.)

Perry, Chris CIN RB - 8 11.10 (I don't think he looks anywhere near as good as 2-3 years ago. But it's still better than Rudi)

Aaron Rodgers QB - 6 12.03

plans for final 6 guys: Andre Hall, Robert Meachem/another WR to replace Marshall, Pierre Thomas, have to get a TE (Olson perhaps?), kicker and a defense

Had draft today. 10 team, start 2rb, 3wr, Flex (rb/wr), QB, TE, K, D. it's .5 PPR. 4pt QB td, 6 pts for all other td's:

My picks from the 10 spot:

Round

1 Portis (Lynch, Barber, Gore, Moss gone at 10)

2. Owens

3. Brees (surprised he made it).

4. J. Lewis (almost went M. Turner, who was there)

5. S. Holmes

6. Calvin Johnson

7. White, Roddy

8. Graham, Earnest (surprised he was here - Edge and others long gone)

9. Ricky Williams

10. Ted Ginn

11. Tony Gonzalez (shocked he was here --- tight end run was well in effect)

12. Chris Johnson

13. Ray Rice

14. Jax D

15. DeShean Jackson

16. Baltimore D

17. M. Shaub

18. Ryan Longwell

Anyone thinking of going Moss in the 1st then another WR in the second. After that go RB/RB in the 3rd & 4th. Then go bpa in the 5th & 6th?

I am having a tough time deciding between WR/WR or RB/WR or RB/RB in the 1st & 2nd.

What do you all think? :goodposting:

Just finished my $200 redraft at 10

6points all tds

Had to go Moss/TO

And Ricky Dubs

Bulger, Marc QB STL @PHI 5 0.0 n/a 90 29

Bush, Reggie RB NO TB 9 0.0 n/a 93 55

Turner, Michael RB ATL DET 7 0.0 8.5 78 40

Moss, Randy WR NE KC 4 0.0 12.5 100 99

Owens, Terrell WR DAL @CLE 10 0.0 11.9 98 89

Ward, Hines WR PIT HOU 6 0.0 7.6 98 81

Keller, Dustin TE NYJ @MIA 5 0.0 n/a 25 5

Akers, David K PHI STL 7 0.0 n/a 60 34

Steelers DST HOU 6 0.0 11.7 97 82

Delhomme, Jake QB CAR @SD 9 0.0 14.0 51 11

Parker, Willie RB PIT HOU 6 0.0 n/a 96 77

Williams, Ricky RB MIA NYJ 4 0.0 4.9 56 11

Crayton, Patrick WR DAL @CLE 10 0.0 n/a 92 38

Gonzalez, Anthony WR IND CHI 4 0.0 n/a 74 25

Smith, L.J. TE PHI

fanaticskinsfan said:
Anyone thinking of going Moss in the 1st then another WR in the second. After that go RB/RB in the 3rd & 4th. Then go bpa in the 5th & 6th?I am having a tough time deciding between WR/WR or RB/WR or RB/RB in the 1st & 2nd.What do you all think? :confused:
I like going WR/RB or RB/WR Rounds 1-2. And then either RB/WR or WR/WR or WR/Witten in 3/4. I find it tough to pass on Marshall/Calvin when there at the end of the 3rd/beging 4th.I'm assuming you're in a serpentine draft.

Just finished my 12 team redraft

6pts for all TD

.5 per completion

ppr

Was surprised Brady was still there

1. (10) Tom Brady

2. (15) Larry Johnson

3. (34) Michael Turner

4. (39) Anquan Boldin

5. (58) Jerricho Cotchery

6. (63) Selvin Young

7. (82) Jay Cutler

8. (87) Joey Galloway

9. (106) Derrick Mason

10. (111) Ray Rice

11. (130) Ted Ginn Jr.

12. (135) Buffalo

13. (154) Mason Crosby

14. (159) Zach Miller

15. (178) New Orleans

10 team redraft (3 sharks, 4 moderates, 3 guppies)

Start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 2RB/WR Flex, 1 TE, 1K, 1DEF *14 roster spots*

All TD's = 6, 0.5 PPR, 50 yds passing = 1 pt, 15 yds rush/rec = 1 pt, 0.25 pts comp

1. (10) Frank Gore RB

2. (11) Terrell Owens WR

LJ, Lynch, all WR except Moss available

3. (30) Reggie Bush RB

4. (31) Torry Holt WR

Brees, Palmer, Plax, FWP, Edge, Turner, Boldin, Ocho Cinco, all TE's available

5. (50) Ben Roethlisberger QB

6. (51) Earnest Graham RB

Megatron (very temping, probably should have replaced Big Ben), Selvin Young (tempting), Holmes, R.White, T.Jones available

7. (70) Jerricho Cotchery WR

8. (71) Ricky Williams RB

Chambers, Eli, K.Smith, L.Evans, Bowe, Forte, C.Taylor available

9. (90) Nate Burleson WR

10. (91) DeAngelo Williams RB

Rudi, J.Jones, Cutler, Driver, J.Walker, F.Taylor, Bulger available

11. (110) Jake Delhomme QB

12. (111) Chris Johnson RB

A.Gonz, Heap, Schaub, Fargas still around

13. (130) Tony Scheffler TE

14. (131) Mason Crosby K

C.Perry, Slaton, R.Rice, D.Mason, I.Bruce, T. Ginn undrafted

Did you have your draft yet?Anyone else have their draft yet that would like to post its results on the site?

fanaticskinsfan said:
Anyone thinking of going Moss in the 1st then another WR in the second. After that go RB/RB in the 3rd & 4th. Then go bpa in the 5th & 6th?I am having a tough time deciding between WR/WR or RB/WR or RB/RB in the 1st & 2nd.What do you all think? :confused:
I like going WR/RB or RB/WR Rounds 1-2. And then either RB/WR or WR/WR or WR/Witten in 3/4. I find it tough to pass on Marshall/Calvin when there at the end of the 3rd/beging 4th.I'm assuming you're in a serpentine draft.

I had the 10th pick in a 12 team league last night. Some things surprised me, some did not.

First round, 10 of the 12 picks were RB - not a surprise. As you might imagine Brady and Moss were the 2 non-RB picks. I took Marshawn Lynch.

In the second, only 4 RB were chosen - that surprised me a little. 2 QB's were chosen, along with 6 WR. I took Reggie Wayne.

Over the next 14 rounds (we go 16), there were never more than 6 RB taken in any round. In round 3, 5 of them went with 6 WR and 1 QB (I took Brandon Jacobs). In round 4, only 3 RB were chosen along with 5 WR, 2 QB and 2 TE (I took Carson Palmer).

Although this was only one draft, I found the following to be true in many mock drafts I did:

1) There is value to be had at RB in the later rounds.

2) If you want a top 5 QB, you need to grab them by late round 3/ early round 4

3) Don't wait too long for WR this year. Lots of people seem to be going the RB/WR route with their first 2 picks.

Although this was only one draft, I found the following to be true in many mock drafts I did:1) There is value to be had at RB in the later rounds.2) If you want a top 5 QB, you need to grab them by late round 3/ early round 43) Don't wait too long for WR this year. Lots of people seem to be going the RB/WR route with their first 2 picks.
Very good points. I suspect that will bear out in my draft as well.

I finished my draft last night. 12 teamer, 14 rounds, no-ppr, QB TD passes worth 3, all other TDs worth 6. Start 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1D, 1K.

1. (10) Terrell Owens

2. (15) Reggie Wayne

3. (34) Steve Smith

4. (39) Willie Parker

5. (58) Jerricho Cotchery

6. (63) Antonio Gates

7. (82) Chester Taylor

8. (87) Justin Fargas

9. (106) Jon Kitna

10. (111) Aaron Rodgers

11. (130) Ted Ginn Jr.

12. (135) Maurice Morris

13. (154) Phila. Eagles

14. (159) Ryan Longwell

My strategy was to go WR/WR/WR to start, then try to pick up RBs of the Willie Parker, Edgerrin James, and Deanglo Williams variety later on in rounds 5 and 6. Unfortunately, everyone went really running back heavy through rounds 4 and 5 (Deangelo went like 5.1 and Edgerrin within a few picks of that. 12 were taken in those two rounds), so I had to adjust my strategy a bit, simply going best available and hoping things would work out. Gates was there at 6 (only one TE off the board at that point), so I thought that was too good to pass up. Then I played RB catch-up in 7 & 8, forcing me to wait for QBs. I was hoping for Schaub or Delhomme, but they both went a few picks before me in round 9.

Overall, I think this strategy could work if the draft you're in isn't so RB heavy in 4 & 5. I think my team is OK, especially if I can work the waiver wire and/or a few things fall my way.

Yes, the strategy could work, but as you saw from the 10 spot you don't know if there will be a run on rbs in the 4th & 5th. How will you know until it is too late? However, I can see going wr/wr then rb/rb.

I finished my draft last night. 12 teamer, 14 rounds, no-ppr, QB TD passes worth 3, all other TDs worth 6. Start 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1D, 1K.1. (10) Terrell Owens2. (15) Reggie Wayne3. (34) Steve Smith4. (39) Willie Parker5. (58) Jerricho Cotchery6. (63) Antonio Gates7. (82) Chester Taylor8. (87) Justin Fargas9. (106) Jon Kitna10. (111) Aaron Rodgers11. (130) Ted Ginn Jr.12. (135) Maurice Morris13. (154) Phila. Eagles14. (159) Ryan LongwellMy strategy was to go WR/WR/WR to start, then try to pick up RBs of the Willie Parker, Edgerrin James, and Deanglo Williams variety later on in rounds 5 and 6. Unfortunately, everyone went really running back heavy through rounds 4 and 5 (Deangelo went like 5.1 and Edgerrin within a few picks of that. 12 were taken in those two rounds), so I had to adjust my strategy a bit, simply going best available and hoping things would work out. Gates was there at 6 (only one TE off the board at that point), so I thought that was too good to pass up. Then I played RB catch-up in 7 & 8, forcing me to wait for QBs. I was hoping for Schaub or Delhomme, but they both went a few picks before me in round 9.Overall, I think this strategy could work if the draft you're in isn't so RB heavy in 4 & 5. I think my team is OK, especially if I can work the waiver wire and/or a few things fall my way.

I finished my draft last night. 12 teamer, 14 rounds, no-ppr, QB TD passes worth 3, all other TDs worth 6. Start 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1D, 1K.1. (10) Terrell Owens2. (15) Reggie Wayne3. (34) Steve Smith4. (39) Willie Parker5. (58) Jerricho Cotchery6. (63) Antonio Gates7. (82) Chester Taylor8. (87) Justin Fargas9. (106) Jon Kitna10. (111) Aaron Rodgers11. (130) Ted Ginn Jr.12. (135) Maurice Morris13. (154) Phila. Eagles14. (159) Ryan LongwellMy strategy was to go WR/WR/WR to start, then try to pick up RBs of the Willie Parker, Edgerrin James, and Deanglo Williams variety later on in rounds 5 and 6. Unfortunately, everyone went really running back heavy through rounds 4 and 5 (Deangelo went like 5.1 and Edgerrin within a few picks of that. 12 were taken in those two rounds), so I had to adjust my strategy a bit, simply going best available and hoping things would work out. Gates was there at 6 (only one TE off the board at that point), so I thought that was too good to pass up. Then I played RB catch-up in 7 & 8, forcing me to wait for QBs. I was hoping for Schaub or Delhomme, but they both went a few picks before me in round 9.Overall, I think this strategy could work if the draft you're in isn't so RB heavy in 4 & 5. I think my team is OK, especially if I can work the waiver wire and/or a few things fall my way.
This looks like a reasonable idea gone wrong. This team probably has the best WR core by far but is suffering badly at the all important RB and QB spots. If a Portis or similar would have been picked instead of TO, then Cotch would be the #3WR and this team would be way more balanced. I think WRWR may be too risky in a 12 teamer and should be reserved for 10 teamers.

Users who are viewing this thread