What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

12 team, 1/2 PPR

Gave: Keenan Allen

Got: Brandon Marshall

I've been fortunate enough to win this league the past two years, but I have an aging squad with Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, and Andre Johnson. I think Marshall and the pass happy Bears has a better 2014 than Allen & the run happy Chargers, and hopefully I can make a championship push 1 or 2 more years before my team signs up for Medicare.

My trading partner had an aging WR corps (Marshall, Fitz, Steve Smith) and apparently was looking to get younger.
Perfectly logical to value Marshall over Allen. That said, in your shoes, I'd be trying to extend my window, rather than push more of my assets into a closing one.
I go the other way on this one. You can't get full value out of your old guys, so put yourself in the best position to win while they're producing.
Sometimes it pays to sell a young up and coming guy for a better producing older guy. Titles are the end game after all and points win them each year. Tough deals to make but if it pays off you won't miss Allen as much
Right, but this isn't Monte Ball of Adrian Peterson we're talking about here. Once Allen took the starting role in week 4 he scored stride for stride with Marshall, as a rookie no less.

Things can change from year to year and Marshall is probably a "safer" bet to score well, but Allen could just as easily outscore Marshall this year as the other way around.
This is true. However there is a large sample size on Marshall scoring as WR1. Allen there is only a projection of what he might be able to do. I think the deal suggests that the guy dealing Allen would rather play the safer bet. I mean Rivers had a career year and he has had a pretty good career so it is also possible we have seen Allen's peak...not likely but possible
Or it means rivers had a career year largely due to Allen, and its quite rare a rookie year is the peak of a career. And with the emergence of Jeffrey, I can see Allen score more than Marshall. I would bet on Marshall, but this 3-4 points some are predicting are wayyyy too high for me. That is a LOT of points. If I thought he would score that much more I would possibly make the move also.
I like Allen but Rivers had a Career year? Rivers was a Late Bloomer? You might want to check your stats on that. Plus I think there might have been a coaching change that factored in a little.

1.08 (would have taken cooks and he was drafted by the acquiring team)

For

2.02 and 2.09

IDP, 12 team

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Allen but Rivers had a Career year? Rivers was a Late Bloomer? You might want to check your stats on that. Plus I think there might have been a coaching change that factored in a little.
I am thinking you missed something along the way there. The "late bloomer" thing was a joke.

I also have no idea if Rivers had a career year or not, was just going with what the other guy said.

12 team PPR (FFPC with 1.5 PPR for TE)

Gave

Mark Ingram

Julius Thomas

Delanie Walker

pick 9

got

CJ SPiller

Jordan Cameron

I have a feeling most are going to pick the side I got (Spiller can Cameron), but I ONLY did this deal because my only playable RB is mathews.

12 team PPR start 1-1-1-1+4flex

Team A gave:
Evans, Mike TBB WR
Year 2015 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team A

Fighting Couch Potatoes 3 gave:
Nicks, Hakeem IND WR
Smith, Torrey BAL WR

For

2.02 and 2.09

IDP, 12 team
I think I would have kept 1.08 if Cooks was my available option there
It was a close call for me, but we're 4 and 11 picks away now with Lee, Mason, Benjamin, Adams, Freeman, Amaro, Moncrief, all 4 QBs, and all IDPs other than Mack left. Pretty sure I'll be happy with the combo. Cooks would likely have been my 7th best WR.

For

2.02 and 2.09

IDP, 12 team
It was a close call for me, but we're 4 and 11 picks away now with Lee, Mason, Benjamin, Adams, Freeman, Amaro, Moncrief, all 4 QBs, and all IDPs other than Mack left. Pretty sure I'll be happy with the combo. Cooks would likely have been my 7th best WR.
Ahhh yes IDP will make some difference. Being deep at WR will make some difference too.

I am never opposed to trading back for more picks but in a vacuum if WR3/4 is available 3 picks after he should be gone I generally take the guy slipping

Probably a good call with the guys that are left though

For

2.02 and 2.09

IDP, 12 team
I dunno, that 2.09 carries quite a bit of value in IDP. I like Cooks, but it's only a 6 spot drop and the 14th pick is like probably the 12 and the 2.09 looks more like the 2.05 or .06 with the LB's likely to steal a couple/three spots. This is a hard draft to call, but if I have a shot at Moncrief and Andre Williams I'd take that over Cooks.

Brown, Bryce BUF RB

Jackson, DeSean WAS WR

For

Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.10

Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.04
This is a good, close deal. I can see this as fair for both sides.
Interesting. My first thought when I saw it was he undersold on DJax.
Yeah, I'd easily prefer the DJax side here.
I think his value taking a big hit with the Redskins and he'll be inconsistent with Griffin at QB.

There are 10 players in this draft I prefer to DJax.

THIS JUST HAPPENED-

2014 picks #1, #14, #15, #21

2015 likely late round 1st, 2nd and 3rd....

All for Jamaal Charles

matttyl said:
THIS JUST HAPPENED-

All for Jamaal Charles
gimme Charles unless it's a deep league, IDP, and no requirement to start a RB.

even then, JC should get more quality.

12 team ppr. Devy league

Team A gives: Blackmon, Gordon, Ebron, 1.3 devy later this year

Team B Gives: Cooks, Jordon Matthews, Fleener

Team A (me) was tired of those two knuckleheads.

matttyl said:
THIS JUST HAPPENED-

All for Jamaal Charles

I'd take the picks here. Those picks will look better with the names next to them, IMO.

12 team ppr. Devy league

I understand the frustration of a Gordon/Blackmon owner but that is a ton of upside to give up for not nearly the upside in return IMO.

12 team ppr. Devy league

I understand the frustration of a Gordon/Blackmon owner but that is a ton of upside to give up for not nearly the upside in return IMO.
Yea, I realize I gave up a lot of upside. This particular league (of my 6) has been a real thorn in my side - everything that can go wrong has, from the startup 5 years ago to now (heh, and maybe this is another in that long line.) So that's somewhat p[art of it - I just felt I needed to wash some of it away and start anew.

I do really like Matthews a ton, and Cooks should be excellent too. I hope, anyway.

matttyl said:
THIS JUST HAPPENED-

All for Jamaal Charles

I'd take the picks here. Those picks will look better with the names next to them, IMO.
The picks might look better, but we could go back a few years and see what players were taken at those picks.

Likely, in most years Charles would be better by himself.

Granted, Jamal is 27 so he likely only has 3 top years left. So if the team is rebuilding it makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread