What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

SayWhat? said:
Concept Coop said:
Coeur de Lion said:
100% agree. Give me a shorter window of "heavy favorite" over a longer window of "good" every single time.
I agree as well. I just don't see the gap between Marshall and Allen as the difference between "heavy favorite" and "good". Where I can turn my luxury assets into likely future value, I'd be looking to take advantage of it. Where I currently own long-term assets, I'd be looking to hold them. Of course it's very subjective and one can win using any number of strategies.
Agreed here. The odds that Marshall in place of Allen being the difference of winning a title vs not doesn't outweigh the significant difference in age IMO.
Agreed.

I definitely agree with the logic that you should give yourself windows of opportunity, but I don't see Marshall over Allen as something that makes that window much wider, if any wider at all.

Then the age gap is enormous.

maxhyde said:
FreeBaGeL said:
maxhyde said:
Bamac said:
Concept Coop said:
NattyDread said:
12 team, 1/2 PPR

Gave: Keenan Allen

Got: Brandon Marshall

I've been fortunate enough to win this league the past two years, but I have an aging squad with Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, and Andre Johnson. I think Marshall and the pass happy Bears has a better 2014 than Allen & the run happy Chargers, and hopefully I can make a championship push 1 or 2 more years before my team signs up for Medicare.

My trading partner had an aging WR corps (Marshall, Fitz, Steve Smith) and apparently was looking to get younger.
Perfectly logical to value Marshall over Allen. That said, in your shoes, I'd be trying to extend my window, rather than push more of my assets into a closing one.
I go the other way on this one. You can't get full value out of your old guys, so put yourself in the best position to win while they're producing.
Sometimes it pays to sell a young up and coming guy for a better producing older guy. Titles are the end game after all and points win them each year. Tough deals to make but if it pays off you won't miss Allen as much
Right, but this isn't Monte Ball of Adrian Peterson we're talking about here. Once Allen took the starting role in week 4 he scored stride for stride with Marshall, as a rookie no less.

Things can change from year to year and Marshall is probably a "safer" bet to score well, but Allen could just as easily outscore Marshall this year as the other way around.
This is true. However there is a large sample size on Marshall scoring as WR1. Allen there is only a projection of what he might be able to do. I think the deal suggests that the guy dealing Allen would rather play the safer bet. I mean Rivers had a career year and he has had a pretty good career so it is also possible we have seen Allen's peak...not likely but possible
Or it means rivers had a career year largely due to Allen, and its quite rare a rookie year is the peak of a career.

And with the emergence of Jeffrey, I can see Allen score more than Marshall. I would bet on Marshall, but this 3-4 points some are predicting are wayyyy too high for me. That is a LOT of points. If I thought he would score that much more I would possibly make the move also.

Bamac said:
r0llin_game said:
Bamac said:
12 team ppr, QRRWWWTF

Gave: 1.05, 1.13 (toilet bowl), 2.01

Got: 1.04, 2.03, 2015 1st
Is this on the clock? Where is that first projected to be?
Not on the clock. Main goal for me was to move current pick for a 2015 1st before cuts are due. 2015 comes from non-playoff team, but savvy owner. I'm treating it as truly random.
Easy no brainer deal to make for you.

I think moving up from 5 to 4 is a lot more significant than dropping from 2.01 to 2.03

And a bottom first for a future 1st is almost aways a.good decision.

As long as it is the top pick, good move.
We'll see, I know we see some teams surprise but this one has a lot of work to do. Would be a huge upset if they made the playoffs.

Personally I view this draft as a top tier of 4, at least in FFPC leagues. I pick 4th in this league so chance of one of my top 4 slipping to 5 is remote since I clean up the one that got left. If a shocking pick goes in the top 3 and it turns out I could have got one of my top 4 guys at 1.5 I'll regret the deal but that's going to take a really off the wall pick to make that happen.

My first goal was to move the 1.5 up to 1.3 but I could not pull it off. It's not that I don't like the players I anticipate being available past pick 4 it's just that I don't see that much of a difference versus what I will be able to choose from at that 2.3 pick. This draft was deep, but it was not really that top heavy.

maxhyde said:
FreeBaGeL said:
maxhyde said:
Bamac said:
Concept Coop said:
NattyDread said:
12 team, 1/2 PPR

Gave: Keenan Allen

Got: Brandon Marshall

I've been fortunate enough to win this league the past two years, but I have an aging squad with Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, and Andre Johnson. I think Marshall and the pass happy Bears has a better 2014 than Allen & the run happy Chargers, and hopefully I can make a championship push 1 or 2 more years before my team signs up for Medicare.

My trading partner had an aging WR corps (Marshall, Fitz, Steve Smith) and apparently was looking to get younger.
Perfectly logical to value Marshall over Allen. That said, in your shoes, I'd be trying to extend my window, rather than push more of my assets into a closing one.
I go the other way on this one. You can't get full value out of your old guys, so put yourself in the best position to win while they're producing.
Sometimes it pays to sell a young up and coming guy for a better producing older guy. Titles are the end game after all and points win them each year. Tough deals to make but if it pays off you won't miss Allen as much
Right, but this isn't Monte Ball of Adrian Peterson we're talking about here. Once Allen took the starting role in week 4 he scored stride for stride with Marshall, as a rookie no less.

Things can change from year to year and Marshall is probably a "safer" bet to score well, but Allen could just as easily outscore Marshall this year as the other way around.
This is true. However there is a large sample size on Marshall scoring as WR1. Allen there is only a projection of what he might be able to do. I think the deal suggests that the guy dealing Allen would rather play the safer bet. I mean Rivers had a career year and he has had a pretty good career so it is also possible we have seen Allen's peak...not likely but possible
Or it means rivers had a career year largely due to Allen, and its quite rare a rookie year is the peak of a career.

And with the emergence of Jeffrey, I can see Allen score more than Marshall. I would bet on Marshall, but this 3-4 points some are predicting are wayyyy too high for me. That is a LOT of points. If I thought he would score that much more I would possibly make the move also.
So Allen is already better than VJax? Rivers next best seasons that was the WR he was throwing to and Gates was younger and a beast.

And the Marshall argument I understand but the other side of that is if Jeffery is that much of a threat isn't he going attract at least some double coverages? He didn't see many last year from what I saw but I admit that wasn't every play.

Anyway there are always opposing sides of the coin.

Warpig said:
For your amusement, I just pulled this off:

I gave:

Justin Blackmon

I get:

Brandon Carr and Dashon Goldson

Then I traded Brandon Carr for the 6.03 rookie pick.

So I got Dashon Goldson and the 6.03 rookie pick for Blackmon. LOL! People were wanting multiple 1st rounders for Blackmon not too long ago.
I feel fortunate. In the last month I did two trades involving Blackmon.

The first trade which was about a month ago: (PPR league)

I gave: Justin Blackmon WR JAC

2015 1st round rookie pick (likely in the 2.10 - 2.12 range)

2014 rookie pick 3.12

I received: Jordan Cameron TE CLE

Daryl Washington LB ARI

The recent trade within the past couple of days: (This is a contract league)

I gave: Justin Blackmon WR JAC

Brad Jones LB GB

I received: Andre Brown RB HOU

Malcolm Smith LB SEA

2014 rookie pick 3.14

2015 4th round rookie pick

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team tiered PPR (RB .5, WR 1, TE 1.5) + return yards, (1/2/3/1, 2 flex)

1.09, 2.06

for

Andre Ellington, 3.06

(1.09 was on the clock and Davante Adams ended up being the pick)

1.11, 1.12, Vance McDonald, 2015 2nd (late)

for

Percy Harvin, 3.04, 3.12, 2015 1st (mid-late)

Felt both were close and I normally hate trading away draft picks (no picks until 2.12 now), but in win now mode a little bit and I'm higher than most on Ellington/Harvin.

1.09, 2.06

for

Andre Ellington, 3.06

for

Felt both were close and I normally hate trading away draft picks (no picks until 2.12 now), but in win now mode a little bit and I'm higher than most on Ellington/Harvin.
You got the better side in both.

I like Vance long term but don't think that deal is even close.

The first deal seems closer but at least for the next year, you got the better side by a fair bit

As long as it is the top pick, good move.
We'll see, I know we see some teams surprise but this one has a lot of work to do. Would be a huge upset if they made the playoffs.

Personally I view this draft as a top tier of 4, at least in FFPC leagues. I pick 4th in this league so chance of one of my top 4 slipping to 5 is remote since I clean up the one that got left. If a shocking pick goes in the top 3 and it turns out I could have got one of my top 4 guys at 1.5 I'll regret the deal but that's going to take a really off the wall pick to make that happen.

My first goal was to move the 1.5 up to 1.3 but I could not pull it off. It's not that I don't like the players I anticipate being available past pick 4 it's just that I don't see that much of a difference versus what I will be able to choose from at that 2.3 pick. This draft was deep, but it was not really that top heavy.
This sounds exactly like my situation a month ago. I had pick 4 and 5. Was trying to move up from 5 to either 3,2, or 1. Could not do it.

So I traded pick 5, Robert Woods, and a 2015 2nd...........for pick 9 and that guys 2015 1st (no chance at the playoffs).

So Allen is already better than VJax? Rivers next best seasons that was the WR he was throwing to and Gates was younger and a beast.

And the Marshall argument I understand but the other side of that is if Jeffery is that much of a threat isn't he going attract at least some double coverages? He didn't see many last year from what I saw but I admit that wasn't every play.

Anyway there are always opposing sides of the coin.
So........................what do you attribute it to? Is Rivers a late bloomer?

Again, if you think Marshall is going outscore Allen by 4 points a game (and if he actually does), then the move likely works out the way it was planned.

I just dont agree with that happening that way.

1.09, 2.06

for

Andre Ellington, 3.06

for

Thats a pretty horrid ripoff to get Harvin

.....and just realizes it is 0.5 PPR for RB, makes Harvin worth even more. Just terrible for the other guy. I would put it fairly heavy in your favor even if you didnt get the 2015 1st

12 Tm - QRWWTFF - PPR:1/1/1.25

Gave: $40 BB

Got: Big Ben

Gave: B. Tate, B. Pierce, $40 BB

Got; Marqise Lee

Q-Ben/Eli

R-J. HIll

W-Calvin, Dez, Green, Lee, Jennings

T-Gronk,Witten

1.09, 2.06

for

Andre Ellington, 3.06

for

Thats a pretty horrid ripoff to get Harvin

.....and just realizes it is 0.5 PPR for RB, makes Harvin worth even more. Just terrible for the other guy. I would put it fairly heavy in your favor even if you didnt get the 2015 1st
Agreed.

Think you clearly won both deals and pretty much stole Harvin

12 Tm - QRWWTFF - PPR:1/1/1.25

Gave: $40 BB

Got: Big Ben

Gave: B. Tate, B. Pierce, $40 BB

Got; Marqise Lee

Q-Ben/Eli

R-J. HIll

W-Calvin, Dez, Green, Lee, Jennings

T-Gronk,Witten
BB dollars out of 100?

In any case I like the first deal alot. BigBen is a solid start most weeks.

The second deal maybe a bit of an overpay right now but I like Lee so I am good trading some iffy RB's for him.

BB dollars out of 100?

In any case I like the first deal alot. BigBen is a solid start most weeks.

The second deal maybe a bit of an overpay right now but I like Lee so I am good trading some iffy RB's for him.
Yes, sorry. Out of $100.

In a start 2x RB league, I'd likely have held onto the RBs. But I really wanted to build around WR, TE, and QB, in that order. I like Hill and am okay putting my eggs in that basket, with a heavy advantages at WR and TE to fall back on.

Appreciate your thoughts.

PPR

A Gets - Le'Veon Bell + Pitts DEF

B Gets - 1.03 rookie pick + Cle DEF

B now has rookies pick 1.03, 1.04, 1.05

rebuild.

PPR

rebuild.
Seems the Defenses are a wash, so is that Bell for Sankey? I'd take Bell (and I'm a Titans fan).

Not sure how dealing a good 2nd year RB helps a rebuild. Unless you just don't think he's the guy long term.

PPR

rebuild.
Not sure I get it why dealing a 22 year old back for a rookie pick. I am not even a big Bell fan but he is worth 1.01 imo

Think I would have rather kept the RB I had and made my picks at 4/5

PPR

rebuild.
Seems the Defenses are a wash, so is that Bell for Sankey? I'd take Bell (and I'm a Titans fan).

Not sure how dealing a good 2nd year RB helps a rebuild. Unless you just don't think he's the guy long term.
The logic behind it is this:They would be trading away Bell for Ebron or Evans, whichever falls

In a 1PPR, 1.5 FOR te

PPR

rebuild.

The logic behind it is this:They would be trading away Bell for Ebron or Evans, whichever falls

In a 1PPR, 1.5 FOR te
Think I would have tried trading Bell for Gronk. Maybe even JT/Cameron before I traded him for an Ebron pick

PPR

rebuild.

I can see it if you get WAtkins or Evans at pick 3...............but if he drafts a RB at that spot it might be the dumbest trade possible for a rebuild.

In a 1PPR, 1.5 FOR te
ah....this information would have been key the FIRST time, lol.

If rebuilding and it's 1.5 for TE, I can definitely see taking Ebron over Bell.

Standard PPR, start 1-1-1-1 +4 flex. HA leagues have two separate 12 team conferences. Drafts are staggered a couple days apart rather than all starting simultaneously, so HA2 can look to see what HA1 did, etc.

HA1 (Hyper) 1 Watkins 2 Evans 3 Ebron 4 Beckham 5 Cooks 6 Adams 7 Sankey 8 Lee 9 Matthews 10 Robinson 11 Hyde 12 Sef-Jenkins

HA1 (Active) 1 Watkins 2 Evans 3 Ebron 4 Matthews 5 Beckham 6 Hyde 7 Adams 8 Cooks 9 Lee 10 Sankey 11 Benjamin 12 Robinson

HA2 (Hyper) 1 Watkins 2 Evans 3 Beckham 4 Ebron 5 Robinson 6 Cooks 7 Latimer 8 9 Matthews 10 Sankey 11 Hyde 12 Moncrief

HA2 (Active) 1 Watkins 2 Evans 3 Sankey 4 Cooks 5 Ebron 6 Beckham 7 Adams 8 Matthews 9 Hyde 10 Robinson 11 Manziel 12 Latimer

HA3 (Hyper) 1 Watkins 2 Evans 3 Ebron 4 Matthews

HA3 (Active) 1 Watkins 2 Cooks 3 Evans

HA4 and HA5 not started

10 team 1ppr, 1.5 for TE 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1superflex, idp

I gave:

Kyle Rudolph

For:

2015 1st

He had Dallas Clark, Tony G, and Zach Miller at TE, and finished with 1.2 this year. But his team is stronger than that, I'd guess it to be a bout a mid round pick.

12 team ppr

Justin Hunter, 2.04

For

1.10, 2.03
I think it depends on who is there at 1.10. I've seen some very solid prospects to in that range. I couldn't fault anyone for preferring the top 3 RBs to Hutner, or about 5-6 WRs in the class.
I'll take Hunter over any WR after Watkins and Evans.

needing a TE or a RB falling could make the 10 worthwhile, but I like Hunter a lot.

needing a TE or a RB falling could make the 10 worthwhile, but I like Hunter a lot.
That's certainly reasonable. But I'd take Watkings, Evans, Cooks, Beckham and Lee over him, personally. Adams is very tempting due to his situation, as well. Add Ebron, Hyde, Hill, and Sankey--that puts him right around 1.10 in this clas for me, assuming I had need at RB.

That's certainly reasonable. But I'd take Watkings, Evans, Cooks, Beckham and Lee over him, personally. Adams is very tempting due to his situation, as well. Add Ebron, Hyde, Hill, and Sankey--that puts him right around 1.10 in this clas for me, assuming I had need at RB.
I am right between you 2 with Watkins/Evans/Beckam/Cooks/Sankey

Not sure I would pass on Ebron/Hyde if it were my pick to give up so 1.06-1.08 area for me. 1.10 with Lee/Robinson/Adams is a nice enough group though that I wouldn't be tripping over myself to make the deal for Hunter but I would do it without much regret

I am right between you 2 with Watkins/Evans/Beckam/Cooks/Sankey

Not sure I would pass on Ebron/Hyde if it were my pick to give up so 1.06-1.08 area for me. 1.10 with Lee/Robinson/Adams is a nice enough group though that I wouldn't be tripping over myself to make the deal for Hunter but I would do it without much regret
Most people should agree that it's a fair deal and just a matter of preference. If Hunter were part of this draft, he'd be in that tier.

12 team PPR start 1/2/3/1

Josh Gordon

for

1.06 or 1.05 (50% chance of being either, draft lottery for the teams that missed playoffs has not been completed)

12 team PPR start 1/2/3/1

Josh Gordon

for

1.06 or 1.05 (50% chance of being either, draft lottery for the teams that missed playoffs has not been completed)
I wouldn't trade any first rounder for this guy. I really wish the kid all the luck in the world. But he's failed to stay clean at every step of the way--each step is more demanding, and each failure more damning. If and when he comes back, he's likely on his last strike.

Users who are viewing this thread