What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 1st Day Draft Thread -Round 1 - Round 3* (1 Viewer)

according to ESPN radio... Rivers will get 1st pick money and Manning will get pick 4 money... HAHAHAHAHA on Manning.
Not going to happen. If the trade was Manning for Rivers straight across, then Rivers would be considered 1.01 value. As it stands, Rivers is worth 1.01 minus the contracts from the other three draft picks (although he'll obviously get more than that).

In effort to get back to the draft, Wash. just landed the best player in the draft IMO. Great pick and good replacement for the lost Bailey.
2nd best - Gallery #1 player in this draft - Taylor #2.Those two will have THE biggest impact on the field this year.I NEVER believed Winslow wqas going to the skins (or the Lions) I think Winslow falls out of the top-10. He's a TE for god's sakes!

In effort to get back to the draft, Wash. just landed the best player in the draft IMO. Great pick and good replacement for the lost Bailey.
I agree. The Shawn Springs signing was awesome :thumbup:

Sean Taylor is a shutdown corner?
No but he is a playmaker in the secondary. His amazing range and ability should allow a ton of flexability in the Wash secondary to double on top flight WRs and create new blitz packages. He is the next best thing to a shut down corner and better than any CB in this drat by far.

Correction. Giants give up 3rd this year, and 1st and 5th next year. On radio they said this is less compensation than was given for Vick.
Thanks, Mr. Honda.I reported it as I heard from Paul Tagliabue's mouth in real time. Tags corrected himself later, others corrected it in this thread immediately.Move on, nothing to see here.

I'm surprised the Skins didn't get Winslow. Is he going to Detroit now?
heard this morning that snyder gave gibbs the decision and as of last night gibbs wanted taylor. the most shocking thing here is snyder delegating. :excited:

Trade - CLE DET

CLE gets: 2004 #6 (Kellen Winslow, Jr.)

DET Gets: 2004 #7, 2004 2nd (#37)

Last edited by a moderator:
good < great
Detroit moved down one spot, picked up somethig extra, and can STILL get Roy Williams!!And can STILL trade down again to Jax, Pitt or Buff! I think it is smart as I believe Detroit wants a defensive player anyway, and teams are still probably willing to trade up to get offensive players Roy and Ben.

The only way that this deal is good for NY is if Eli is as good as Payton, which I just don't see happening.No real surprises in terms of the picks yet.

Miami Hurricanes = speedYou think Ozzie Newsome had anything to do with that deal? ;)

I stand corrected. Detroit takes Williams here, and no need for Pitt to move up to get Rothlisberger...noone else will take a QB between now and 11.-fe

Who makes the first bonehead pick of the draft (although I consider Fitz a semi-bonehead move)? My money is on the Bears.

Detroit moved down one spot, picked up somethig extra, and can STILL get Roy Williams!!And can STILL trade down again to Jax, Pitt or Buff! I think it is smart as I believe Detroit wants a defensive player anyway, and teams are still probably willing to trade up to get offensive players Roy and Ben.
The only real need they have on defense is at linebacker, so they'll have to trade down pretty far if they plan on filling that with their first rounder. I see them taking Roy Williams SOON, or trading down a bit for Jackson/D.J.Williams.

I stand corrected. Detroit takes Williams here, and no need for Pitt to move up to get Rothlisberger...noone else will take a QB between now and 11.-fe
Right. Pittsburgh now can just stand pat and wait for Big Ben.Jacksonville may still want to move up for Roy Williams though.

A) Unless somebody moves ahead of them...say...an eternally bitter Tom Donahoe?B) I'm not sure Ben's at the top of their wish-list, anyway.

Ahh, a break in the action for commercials. Cleveland might have taken a QB, but now that is gone.But, I could see Jax moving to #7 for Roy, and then Buffalo wanting to leapfrog Pitt for Big Ben. Detroit could, conceivably, make three trades, picking up a TON of picks along the way, go down only 7 spots (#6 to #13) and still get a GREAT defensive player at 13, or the third best WR in the draft, and a TON of picks.

Right. Pittsburgh now can just stand pat and wait for Big Ben.Jacksonville may still want to move up for Roy Williams though.
Unless Buffalo trades up. I could see Jax trading down if Roy isn't there.

My prediction is that the 'Niners trade up here to take Roy Williams.Guess not. Nice pick by the Lions.

Well the Harrington stock is now on the rise.... Rodgers and Roy Williams on the outside!!! Ooooooh Myyyyyyyyy

Air assualt in both Arizona and Detriot. Hmmm...building off the blueprint of the Pats and Panthers? No wonder these teams perenially suck.

My prediction is that the 'Niners trade up here to take Roy Williams.Guess not. Nice pick by the Lions.
The Lions got the Browns 2nd Round pick in 2004 and the Roy Williams pick for the Kellen Winslow pick.Score, Lions.

The Lions got the Browns 2nd Round pick in 2004 and the Roy Williams pick for the Kellen Winslow pick.Score, Lions.
Totally agree, I love the top of the 2nd in this draft.

Users who are viewing this thread