What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 1st Day Draft Thread -Round 1 - Round 3* (1 Viewer)

I've got no qualms with the "build a strength" rather than "patch a weakness" strategy.Three talented, young Wr's, and Denny should be well on the way to an offense he can use to drag this team upwards.
From a fantasy standpoint, I think this automatically makes McCown a viable QB2. Not a guy you want to rest your team on, but a good late-round pick.Sal P. confirms that the Giants could take Rivers and swap QBs with SD.

Now this is where it gets interesting.If its Roethlisberger, Manning is screwed.Rivers means there's a trade in the works.There's also the possible trade down with Cleveland.

Talk now by Sal is the Giants take Rivers and then trade for Eli Manning is highly likely to occur.Ben Roth to the Browns?
Some Browns guy on PIT radio was saying he thought Hall was their (edit: Browns') guy if they couldn't move up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got no qualms with the "build a strength" rather than "patch a weakness" strategy.Three talented, young Wr's, and Denny should be well on the way to an offense he can use to drag this team upwards.
:thumbup: And just becaue they spent a first on a WR last year doesn't mean that Denny Green likes that first round WR they took - we all KNOW he loves Fitz, and I project Fitz to be the starter opposite Boldin when the season opens.The selection DOES drop my projections for Boldin, though - I see a lot of ball sharing in AZ with the three receivers, Shipp out of the backfield, and Freddie Jones.

Now this is where it gets interesting.If its Roethlisberger, Manning is screwed.Rivers means there's a trade in the works.There's also the possible trade down with Cleveland.
Exactly - if the Giants take Ben, then Rivers will be there for Cleveland to take and move to SD for Manning.Don't know what the big deal is - the only one of these QBs who will play this year is the one going to San Diego.That's probably why Manning doesn't want to go there - he SAW that O-Line, lack of WRs, and coach and said: "that place is QB-hell, and I'll be starting there this year"

that would be cool to see... has not been done effectively for a while now.
I guess the closest precedent would be Indy. Clark and Pollard are not Shockey/Winslow II, but they're no slouches.Of course, Indy has Harrison and Manning...

Exactly - if the Giants take Ben, then Rivers will be there for Cleveland to take and move to SD for Manning.Don't know what the big deal is - the only one of these QBs who will play this year is the one going to San Diego.That's probably why Manning doesn't want to go there - he SAW that O-Line, lack of WRs, and coach and said: "that place is QB-hell, and I'll be starting there this year"
Yeah but SD only gave up 29 sacks last year, good for 11th in the league.

well, I feel bad for all San Diego fans....years of misery will continue.
Farg that. Manning vs Rivers vs Roethlisberger was a coin flip (er...three-sided coin) anyway.If they get Rivers and anything extra at all out of it, they come out looking okay.

non-TV people: Rivers interview at his house with his wife and kid, he's excited no matter where he ends up. He says "excited" in every sentence.He also mentions that he's been "decreasing" his unorthodox delivery throughout the Senior Bowl and the combines. Interesting.

Good point there!What happened to Roethlisberger? Most of the things I saw had him over Rivers?Discuss :o
the giants definitely had him higher; his agent said coughlin said he was their guy. of course, that all assumed they planned to keep who they drafted. ;)

non-TV people: Rivers interview at his house with his wife and kid, he's excited no matter where he ends up. He says "excited" in every sentence.

He also mentions that he's been "decreasing" his unorthodox delivery throughout the Senior Bowl and the combines. Interesting.
He also mentioned that he hadn't received any calls yet, which I find odd because it's SOP for NFL teams to call players that they are about to pick.That being said, there is no chance Rivers plays for NYG and that a trade is 100% certain.

Now that is what you like to hear from a draftee--Rivers, "I am approaching this like I am a NYG, but if I am traded, I will be happy to play wherever."

You only give up 29 sacks when you throw 100 passes to your running back instead of going downfield.
Very true, but to be fair, I don't think that the SD O calls for many plays down the field anyway. Isn't that just "Marty ball", focus on the RB.

Trade -- SD NYG

SD Gets: Rivers, 2004 3rd, 2005 1st, 2005 5th

NYG Gets: Manning

non-TV people: Rivers interview at his house with his wife and kid, he's excited no matter where he ends up. He says "excited" in every sentence.
He's THRILLED - two months ago he was "maybe" drafted in the first - then he jumped to either #11 or #13 - then "maybe" to #7 through Cleveland so the Browns could get Gallery, then he goes #4!He went from lower first round money to #4 pick money.Mort said: no call to Rivers' house by either SD or NYG yet.Redskins take Taylor - no surprise. Rivers-Manning trade announced, Giants get 3rd round pick, and 1st and 3rd next year HUGE!!.

Users who are viewing this thread