What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Man... I'm terrible at evaluating talent, I guess. Or are Kelly's knees completely shot?
They are bad and he's slow.Jerome Simpson has the largest hands in the draft. 11" and the dude can jump. He will take over for Henry and not miss a beat.
Fair enough. Teams likely to fall over themselves for him in the second round? I hope you're right. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dizon is a much better fit for the Lions scheme than Connor and is probably a better NFL player anyway. Good pick there.
:thumbup: Dizon is a tackling machine. Sims and DIzon will be all over the place for that D. Very nice pick.
He's undersized and underpowered. It's nice to get by in the NCAA on guts and drive, but in the NFL the lineman he'll confront will eat and poop him, I'm afraid. I don't think he's that athletic either. Be fun to follow.
people said the same thing about Chris Spielman ;)

I mean, seriously, I'm past the point of fussing over these idiots. But Jerome :thumbup: Simpson?????
How little you know......
Hope you're right.The fact that:1) A certain Mr. Rice came from Mississippi Valley St.and2) These quotes are in the cbssportsline.com write-up about Simpson:" Perfect role model for the team's younger players with his work ethic and takes well to hard coaching ""Compares To: T.J. HOUSHMANDZADEH-Cincinnati "Plus we actually have done pretty well drafting receivers, especially in Round 2, over the years.-QG

Dizon is a much better fit for the Lions scheme than Connor and is probably a better NFL player anyway. Good pick there.
:thumbup: Dizon is a tackling machine. Sims and DIzon will be all over the place for that D. Very nice pick.
He's undersized and underpowered. It's nice to get by in the NCAA on guts and drive, but in the NFL the lineman he'll confront will eat and poop him, I'm afraid. I don't think he's that athletic either. Be fun to follow.
Definitely undersized, but fits that scheme well. He is very athletic, have you seen him play? It's not just "guts and drive". He is a great tackler, and can run from sideline to sideline.
And he won't get worn down, cause the Eagles have 35 defensive tackles.

Jordon Dizon? wtf is wrong with Connor?
Connor is not very athletic.
According to everything I've read, he's still a hell of a lot more athletic than Dizon.
Don't know where you'd read that. Connor is stiff in coverage and will have limited range at this level. Dizon has shown the opposite in all his post-draft workouts.
I keep reading the phrase "no measurables" on Dizon.Although I am impressed that he's doing well in post-draft workouts. Must have a sweet time machine.

I wouldn't prejudge any WR pick. All I know about Simpson is on youtube and from Bloom. I never got to see him play, so I ranked him low, but he looks excellent to me.

:cry: Dizon is a tackling machine. Sims and DIzon will be all over the place for that D. Very nice pick.
Definitely undersized, but fits that scheme well. He is very athletic, have you seen him play? It's not just "guts and drive". He is a great tackler, and can run from sideline to sideline.
Dizon went to the Lions though.

what's the 2nd round clock? i thought 5 minutes?

NFL.com has shown several picks at 7+ minutes.

If Washington doesn't take a lineman (offensive or defensive) with their next pick I'm going to go urinate in someone's shoes.

Those were some nice Jackson highlights. So why was his average so paltry?
Cal had injuries at QB this year. Jackson had sick game the previous year -- he's really going to open things up for Philly a lot, I think.

:wall: Dizon is a tackling machine. Sims and DIzon will be all over the place for that D. Very nice pick.
Dizon went to the Lions though.
And they suck at defensive tackle.Could make Dizon a nice IDP pick though.

I keep reading the phrase "no measurables" on Dizon.

Although I am impressed that he's doing well in post-draft workouts. Must have a sweet time machine.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/...rdon_dizon.html
Keep your eye on Jordon Dizon

by Tom Kowalski

Monday April 07, 2008, 1:58 PM

The Lions are interviewing Colorado linebacker Jordon Dizon at Allen Park today and he could be an option in the second round. Dizon has the combination of speed and bone-crushing hitting ability that head coach Rod Marinelli is looking for. Dizon is listed as an outside backer but he appears to be one of those players that has the versatility to move inside. Again, it's most likely that the Lions will start their rookie backer on the strong side and then slide him to the middle once he's got a solid grip on the defensive scheme.

At this stage, it's beginning to look like the Lions are really targeting the linebacker position in the second round. If one of the three players they've brought in for an interview -- Jerod Mayo, Curtis Lofton and Dizon -- the Lions will likely pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread