What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2012 FBG Subscriber Contest Thread (1 Viewer)

Good Thursday night start with 2 players combining with 67 points! (Martin and Freeman)

Last edited by a moderator:
The 333 remaining Aaron Hernandez owners can't be happy. :thumbdown:

Facing MJD, Benson, Hernandez, Amendola(edit: now he is listed as questionable?) and possibly Mendenhall out; Calvin Johnson banged up and Flacco/Fred Jackson on bye plus the huge numbers from the Thursday night game things are not looking good. I really need Royster, Dwyer and Ronnie Brown to step up this week since those are my only RBs. :unsure: :mellow:

I went with a 25 man studs/duds approach this year and overall I think it can work well but I just picked the wrong studs. The survivability of the huge rosters is very appealing, but I remain convinced that you need at least a handful studs to have a shot at winning.

With Foster's bye and Mendenhall and Benson out, this is the week I use Royster, my last remaining unused player. It will be tough to survive if my only somewhat healthy TE, Graham, doesn't play, either. At least with Martin's big game, hopefully I'll have a fighting chance...

I need a strong second half because my guys aren't doing much of anything. Plus, I don't have anyone else playing that can save me after this mornings games. I'm in trouble.

Rivers and Gates make me cry.

Marshall, Wayne, Chris Johnson... where are you?

Jay Feely can score 30+ right?

I am at 153 already this week, so hoping to get a few more points.

No idea what the cut is going to be this week, but last week was pretty low, so I am REALLY hoping for the same.

So glad Doug Martin finally put up a huge day.

I am at 153 already this week, so hoping to get a few more points. No idea what the cut is going to be this week, but last week was pretty low, so I am REALLY hoping for the same. So glad Doug Martin finally put up a huge day.
At about the same score here and also appreciative of Martin's huge day -- very happy with current scoring considering only 1 RB has scored for me and the rest are either on bye, injured, or Royster, and my only healthy TE is Graham. If the cutline is below 150, I hope Graham sits tonight to thin out his other owners.Nice to see Titus Young producing now that Burleson's out.

I have Titus Young as well and expected a much better year from him.
I'll be very happy if the rest of his year makes up for the slow start. Those of us who have survived with him so far didn't need him to do better earlier, but could really use strong production from him, at least in the playoff weeks if we make it that far.I've got Megatron, too, so I hope his owners thin out with his duds these last couple of weeks.

Chris Johnson = 0 TD

Reggie Bush = 0 TD

Jonathan Dwyer = 0 TD

Brandon Marshall = 0 TD

Reggie Wayne = 0 TD

Justin Blackmon = 0 TD

Heath Miller = 1 TD

C'mon Jay Feely!!!!!!! Have a 6 FG day or something!!!!

Most likely, Mario Kart ran out of gas.

Here is one Ray Rice owner that is probably gone.

Sitting at 177.5 after the 1:00 games! :pickle:

Scary, but that's the highest score for me this year so far. Thank you Ryan Broyles and Titus Young!

Sitting at 152.8 after early games.I have McCluster,Henderson,and Manningham to go.Not really expecting them to add anything significant to my score.So I hope cut line is low again this week.Anyone have any idea what it might be.

Revisiting the uniqueness argument, my top 4 WR's were all in the top 10 most owned, yet since week 6, I'm the only team left with these guys, making my whole roster unique even if everyone else were 100% owned.

So if in a contest of over 13,000 entrants, picking 4 highly owned WR's already makes you completely unique less than half way through the contest, it seems silly to worry about trying to make your roster unique when selecting players at the beginning rather than focusing on the best players.

I hope these 4, Megatron, Julio, Marshall, and Titus, along with Blackmon (also top 10 owned) and Simpson, continue to produce for me through the playoffs. If my studs at other positions (Rodgers, Foster, Martin, Graham) can stay healthy, I like my chances.

Starting to worry a little bit with all these high scores being posted.Plus 2 times this year cut line was higher than the score I have right now.

164.1 so far, with a couple of players to go. Welcome to my lineup, Justin Medlock....22pts will count unless Prater covers.

So looking at my team, here's the ownership stats for each player:

[*]Freeman (69) ---- If he can keep up his production, a good piece of uniqueness here

[*]Fitzpatrick (246)

[*]Tannehill (495)

[*]Forte (156)

[*]McFadden (872)

[*]Ridley (440)

[*]Mendenall (860)

[*]Benson (2539) --- Has to be one of the most owned

[*]Royster (1022) --- Still waiting to contribute... What a waste.

[*]Marshall (758)

[*]Britt (604)

[*]Young (742)

[*]Blackmon (1105)

[*]Brown (60) ---- If Vincent Brown comes back and becomes WR1 for SD, and if I am still alive, this could be a nice uniqueness value late in the contest.

[*]S. Smith - STL (350)

[*]J. Baldwin (386)

[*]Hankerson (139) --- Is Garcon out rest of season? If so, another good uniqueness value.

[*]Jean (105) --- Another waste of cash. No contributions yet.

[*]Royal (466)

[*]Broyles (138) --- Coming on late.....

[*]Gates (527)

[*]Kendricks (97)

[*]Rudolph (499)

[*]Hanson (742)

[*]Suisham (264)

[*]Henery (237)

[*]Miami Dolphins (101)

[*]Buffalo Bills (526)

[*]New Orleans Saints (438)

I'm at 111, but I think I'm probably screwed this week. With Murray sitting, I only have Pierre Thomas as my RB2 or I have to hope David Wilson takes garbage time snaps in the second half. At WR I just have Bowe and Manningham to add to my score. At QB, I need Peyton to go off tonight, but that's not totally out of the realm of possibility.Hopefully Prater can improve over Gould too.

Users who are viewing this thread