What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2012 MLB Regular Season Thread (2 Viewers)

Jose Reyes had the most pathetic defense I've seen from a shortstop since Hanley played the position. WTF was the play where he sortof waltzed past the grounder? Hoping this team fizzles and we can get some entertainment from Ozzie and the gang during the meltdown.
Reyes looked bad last night. The broadcast crew didn't seem to notice it, but the reason Berkman was able to successfully stretch his first-inning hit into a double was because Reyes stood there like an idiot after Morrison got the ball in.

A dude from the Dominican Republic throws some chin music at a guy from Korea and the crowd starts chanting, U-S-A, U-S-A. :confused:

Santos was supposed to start the inning too, but Luis Perez ran back out, and crossed the base line so he had go face the first batter.

Also, there was never a bunt sign for Arencibia.

why didn't sergio santos get credit for a save today?
If it's a 3 run lead you have to start the inning to get the save. Otherwise it's the tying run has to be in the on-deck circle when you come in, which it was not in this case.
Wow, :thumbup: good stuff, never knew this distinction in 20 plus years of watching. Of course, guess who's got Santos on his fantasy team
Pretty funny considering the several saves Santos missed out on last season when Guillen would bring him out after letting a lefty start the inning.

Santos was supposed to start the inning too, but Luis Perez ran back out, and crossed the base line so he had go face the first batter.
Obscure rule that happens more than people think.
What does the rule prevent? Is it so the oppossing manager can decide which pinch-hitter to use?
It would slow the game down if a pitcher could take the mound, throw his warmups and then get replaced by a reliever. The base line seems like a good unambiguous commitment point.

A dude from the Dominican Republic throws some chin music at a guy from Korea and the crowd starts chanting, U-S-A, U-S-A. :confused:
Yeah, it was weird at first. Then I realized the fans were doing it because the Indians were playing against a Canadian team.

What's with the awful schedule to start the season?
horrible. I never really liked the one game played the day before everyone else (sometimes two?), but the two game set in Japan was out of place, unnecessary and ill-advised

With everyone jonesing for baseball think it would be wise to pack the opening days schedule with a full-load. Why the first two days of the NCAA are the best. I know we will have a full schedule tomorrow but with so many eyeballs on the game these first few days you'd think they want as much action as possible.

Any idea how "MLB Tonight" on the MLB Network could be blacked out for me?

I could maybe understand if they were doing a live look-in on a game in my market (BAL/WAS), but the Oriole game has been over for 30 minutes.

I know MLB does everything possible to prevent people from watching their product, but this is out of hand. Blacking out a damn analysis show?

With everyone jonesing for baseball think it would be wise to pack the opening days schedule with a full-load. Why the first two days of the NCAA are the best. I know we will have a full schedule tomorrow but with so many eyeballs on the game these first few days you'd think they want as much action as possible.
I'm not an ESPN hater, but I have to assume this is their doing.They are now on their 3rd day of promoting games with the word "Opening" in them. They essentially get 3 Opening days with little competition from local schedules.

I'm an avid Red Sux hater, it really is a past time for me. With Papeldoosh gone though I was thinking this group isn't all that bad as you have to like guys like AGone and Pedroia. Then that HUGE whiny ###### named Youkilis strikes out looking, and the hate just comes roaring back. What an overrated donk.

A large majority of the games next week are during the day. Wtf. Every Rays @ Tigers game is at 1:00. Why? I've never seen MLB do this before?

I'm an avid Red Sux hater, it really is a past time for me. With Papeldoosh gone though I was thinking this group isn't all that bad as you have to like guys like AGone and Pedroia. Then that HUGE whiny ###### named Youkilis strikes out looking, and the hate just comes roaring back. What an overrated donk.
Its pretty fun watching Beckett get whiplash from watching balls fly out of the park.

A large majority of the games next week are during the day. Wtf. Every Rays @ Tigers game is at 1:00. Why? I've never seen MLB do this before?
That's not MLB, that's the Tigers. We don't have many night games early in the season. The weather has a tendency to be a little lousy.

Not the end of the world but you know that question is coming and incomprehensible that he screwed it up. Not playing with a full deck. Sure is entertaining though.

Samardzjia could be for real folks. He was hitting 96/97 with tailing action in the 9th and the splitter was lethal at times.

Here is why I rarely watch Sportscenter anymore...

They just had Knicks/Bulls highlights on before Tigers/Red Sux highlights and it was separated by a commercial!11!1! NO ONE GIVES A #### ABOUT THE NEW YORK ####### KNICKS!

'boubucarow said:
Samardzjia could be for real folks. He was hitting 96/97 with tailing action in the 9th and the splitter was lethal at times.
I was more impressed by the walks, not just now but camp too. I was able to get him in 2 of my leagues but he's long gone in the others. If he's still out there go get him, he's this years out of nowhere breakout.

'boubucarow said:
I was more impressed by the walks, not just now but camp too. I was able to get him in 2 of my leagues but he's long gone in the others. If he's still out there go get him, he's this years out of nowhere breakout.
The last few years, I've assumed his horrible slider would keep him from ever being useful. It's still not great, but he seems to have improved on it. It still scares me a bit, but when you're throwing 97 and locating your fastball, you don't need to be perfect. I picked him up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is why I rarely watch Sportscenter anymore...They just had Knicks/Bulls highlights on before Tigers/Red Sux highlights and it was separated by a commercial!11!1! NO ONE GIVES A #### ABOUT THE NEW YORK ####### KNICKS!
yeah but i think people care about the Bulls, maybe.

Here is why I rarely watch Sportscenter anymore...They just had Knicks/Bulls highlights on before Tigers/Red Sux highlights and it was separated by a commercial!11!1! NO ONE GIVES A #### ABOUT THE NEW YORK ####### KNICKS!
yeah but i think people care about the Bulls, maybe.
Regular season baseball vs. regular season basketball, while I agree, I'm bias, so I won't get upset about it. But it was ahead of The Masters? That's appalling.Thanks for reminding me why I don't watch ESPN unless a game is on. Additional hat tip on making sure I have the remote in hand at the end of the Sunday Night game to change the channel before Sportscenter starts.

Users who are viewing this thread