What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2012 MLB Regular Season Thread (2 Viewers)

Ozzie Guillen ####storm now a catagory 3

Couldn't happen to a better person. I hope Oni opens up his stupid mouth and makes things worse.

Brett Gardner owners, be warned, between looks for Nunez and Andruw Jones, he's looking like a mostly platoon player which is a decent hit on his potential.

Any chance Ozzie loses his job over this?

I honestly don't see how they don't fire him.

If he were actually trying to get fired, it seems like it'd be hard to pick a worse thing to say at worse time.

If he were actually trying to get fired, it seems like it'd be hard to pick a worse thing to say at worse time.
I can't imagine he gets canned over this. The Marlins knew he was going to say stupid things when they traded for him. Maybe not this stupid but it'll blow over when he makes his next moronic statement. Nobody should take his musings seriously.

I can't imagine he gets canned over this. The Marlins knew he was going to say stupid things when they traded for him. Maybe not this stupid but it'll blow over when he makes his next moronic statement. Nobody should take his musings seriously.
LOT of Cubans in that area man. They are not going to forget. I seriously cannot believe that he was stupid enough to say that, especially when that team is trying to sell tickets to a brand new stadium.

LOT of Cubans in that area man. They are not going to forget. I seriously cannot believe that he was stupid enough to say that, especially when that team is trying to sell tickets to a brand new stadium.
Yeah, I lived there for a year. It isn't called little Havana for nothing. Still, any baseball fan - even the Cuban ones - knows Ozzie says dumb crap all the time and his opinion/thoughts are completely worthless. Unless this impacts their ticket sales I don't see him going anywhere.

Brett Gardner owners, be warned, between looks for Nunez and Andruw Jones, he's looking like a mostly platoon player which is a decent hit on his potential.
They mentioned that on the Saturday night telecast, it's not too big of an issue in daily leagues as Gardner not playing vs. lefties and you playing someone else is probably better than starting Gardner. Weekly though, yea, that's an issue.

Yeah, I lived there for a year. It isn't called little Havana for nothing. Still, any baseball fan - even the Cuban ones - knows Ozzie says dumb crap all the time and his opinion/thoughts are completely worthless. Unless this impacts their ticket sales I don't see him going anywhere.
Curious to see how it plays out.I don't know if "Ozzie being Ozzie" or "you knew what you were getting" really applies here. I assure you the Marlins and Miami fans would never, in a million years, have thought Ozzie was dumb enough to say that.

Everything Ozzie's gotten in trouble with before are things that would play very well among Latinos. Clearly, this is different.

I'm not sure how he backtracks from this, but MIA needs him to nail this presser (in a way maybe only Ozzie can?), then go on a nice winning streak.

It's not like firing him would be without potential drawbacks either. As bad as what he said was to the Cuban community, it may not look good to the rest of the Latino community to fire a beloved Latino coach 5 days into the job for saying something stupid.

Tough spot for MIA.

Adrian Gonzalez had a pitch thrown behind him and then got drilled in the ribs on the next pitch after his dinger Sunday. Where's the outrage?

Moore against Detroit. I want to start him, but they just put up 45 runs in 5 games.
Start him, the Tigers struggled vs. the only pitcher in the same class as Moore (Lester) last week. The poundings came against average-to-bad pitchers, of which there aren't many of in Tampa.

Moore against Detroit. I want to start him, but they just put up 45 runs in 5 games.
Start him, the Tigers struggled vs. the only pitcher in the same class as Moore (Lester) last week. The poundings came against average-to-bad pitchers, of which there aren't many of in Tampa.
Beckett is not average to bad :lmao:
Above average ability, but not in product, I wouldn't want him as anything more than my #3 on a young team in need of a veteran presence.

Beckett is not average to bad :lmao:
Above average ability, but not in product, I wouldn't want him as anything more than my #3 on a young team in need of a veteran presence.
He had a 1.02 WHIP last year, you're nuts.

He had a 1.02 WHIP last year, you're nuts.
Define, luck.Career vs. 2011BABIP - 289 vs. 245LOB% - 72 vs. 80GB% - 44 vs. 40HR/FB - 11 vs. 9.5H/9 - 8.3 vs. 6.8He's a 4 ERA pitcher that has only gone north of 200 IP's once in the last four years. That's not a top of the rotation arm. He's average with stuff to be better, but just isn't. I have thoughts as to why but it's just speculation relating to him not really caring about being a great ball player. Probably won't find out one way or the other until his days in baseball are done unfortunately. Or if there's another September meltdown...

Ok Wilked. :rolleyes:

This is how good Miguel Cabrera is: Last year NL MVP Ryan Braun was intentionally walked twice all year with Fielder behind him. Cabrera has been walked intentionally twice in in four games.

In other news...

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Former major leaguer Vladimir Guerrero says he has turned himself over to police in the Dominican Republic after reportedly being involved in a scuffle with a police officer in a disco.In a phone interview with the Associated Press, Guerrero denied he was involved in any attack."At no time did I attack anyone, nor was I fleeing," he said. "I presented myself at the jail last night after the complaint from the disco, and this morning first thing I went to the police that are handling the case."A spokesman for the police in the Dominican Republic, Maximo Baez Aybar, said no charges have been filed against Guerrero. Baez Aybar, however, maintained Guerrero was involved in a physical encounter with police officer Renato Pena Rojas."Mr. Vladimir Guerrero physically attacked Major Renato Pena Rojas after a brawl broke out in the disco in Nizao," Baez Aybar said. "We ask that he turned himself in so the case can be put in the hands of the justice system."The altercation took place in Nizao, which is located about 40 miles southwest of the Dominican capital Santo Domingo."All that is being alleged is false. Vladimir did not attack anyone -- absolutely no one," his lawyer Polivio Rivas told the AP. "We're going to follow the process, but everything will be cleared up."Guerrero is a free agent after finishing last season with the Baltimore Orioles.

What's the deal with Belt? Are the Giants really giving up on him 200 ABs into his MLB career?It sure seems like they are.
I never thought he'd see many left handers but he hasn't started a game since Sunday. Belt sure hasn't helped his own case with two consecutive slow starts.

Don't remember if it was this thread or the add/drop thread, but this is why I said stay the hell away from Hochevar.

Are the A's and Mariners really playing again? This is like their 800th game this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ellsbury dislocated shoulder - redraft dump him....keeper, he can't get placed on the DL quick enough...hopefully in time for an add for next weeks lineup deadline.

'Eephus said:
'pollardsvision said:
What's the deal with Belt? Are the Giants really giving up on him 200 ABs into his MLB career?It sure seems like they are.
I never thought he'd see many left handers but he hasn't started a game since Sunday. Belt sure hasn't helped his own case with two consecutive slow starts.
Seriously? Its 13 PAs so far this year. That brings small sample size to a new meaning.

'Eephus said:
'pollardsvision said:
Seriously? Its 13 PAs so far this year. That brings small sample size to a new meaning.
This feels like there has to be something more going on here.Clearly, Bochy doesn't believe in him long-term (and obviously not short-term), but this feels personal. Have any locals seen Belt out with Bochy's wife?

'Eephus said:
'pollardsvision said:
This feels like there has to be something more going on here.Clearly, Bochy doesn't believe in him long-term (and obviously not short-term), but this feels personal. Have any locals seen Belt out with Bochy's wife?
The coaching staff doesn't like Belt's approach vs. lefties, have told him about it, and he hasn't fixed it. This reaks of stubbornness all around.

Users who are viewing this thread