What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2012 MLB Regular Season Thread (1 Viewer)

Really a fascinating deal. I know there's a lot of 10 foot pole going on with some of those contracts, but for each of them to fall to the Dodgers, and for a deal to be worked out....

Pretty much unprecedented

The Dodgers' opening day payroll was $105M. The 2013 commitments they've added since then (Gonzalez, Crawford, Beckett, Punto, Hanley, Ethier's extension and Cuban Yasiel Puig) are more than what they started with. Kemp's big money kicks in next year and they need to get a long term deal done with Kershaw. Their payroll will be approaching Yankees territory.

The Dodgers' opening day payroll was $105M. The 2013 commitments they've added since then (Gonzalez, Crawford, Beckett, Punto, Hanley, Ethier's extension and Cuban Yasiel Puig) are more than what they started with. Kemp's big money kicks in next year and they need to get a long term deal done with Kershaw. Their payroll will be approaching Yankees territory.
Magic needs to raise the price of popcorn in his theaters.

Really a fascinating deal. I know there's a lot of 10 foot pole going on with some of those contracts, but for each of them to fall to the Dodgers, and for a deal to be worked out....

Pretty much unprecedented
When I saw this deal, I started shouting and gasping (even though I'm a fan of neither team).My girlfriend was outside, but heard me and later asked what I was reacting to so loudly. I told her.

She said that she's never heard that much emotion from me ever.

:mellow:

Well I guess I'll flood the thread with content today.

Great article on WAR right here. /-1delmonyoung

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
And Kenley Jansen is my 3rd closer. Wowsers.2.2 innings, 7 earned runs.Good job boys
Keep us posted.
You are always such a cheerful person. We appreciate your positive attitude cappy
You're one of the biggest arrogant dbags on the board. Take a lesson...if you're going to be a constant ##### to people, don't whine like a pus$ when they give it back to you.
And you're one of the biggest ######s on the board, so you have that going for you. I'm sure you'll quip that I'm a homer to my teams. Try harder...or better yet, just go away, pretty please?

And Kenley Jansen is my 3rd closer. Wowsers.2.2 innings, 7 earned runs.Good job boys
Keep us posted.
You are always such a cheerful person. We appreciate your positive attitude cappy
You're one of the biggest arrogant dbags on the board. Take a lesson...if you're going to be a constant ##### to people, don't whine like a pus$ when they give it back to you.
And you're one of the biggest ######s on the board, so you have that going for you. I'm sure you'll quip that I'm a homer to my teams. Try harder...or better yet, just go away, pretty please?
Hey buddy. Bump that Chapman thread for me one more time why dontcha. :thumbup:

Joe Mauer cleared waivers. Wonder if the Sox make a play. I know its a huge contract but wouldnt he basically replace AGone? Heck, I think Id rather have Mauer. He would be a beast in Fenway.

Keep us posted.
Hey buddy. Bump that Chapman thread for me one more time why dontcha. :thumbup:
:lmao: Otis, LHUCKS, and you. You make quite the trio.

And Kenley Jansen is my 3rd closer. Wowsers.
Kenley Jansen was unavailable to close out Wednesday's game because of a heart condition. Ronald Belisario closed out the win over the Rockies instead. Jansen spent time on the disabled list last season with a similar issue. The 24-year-old will be monitored closely over the next few days before the Dodgers decide on the next course of action. He has a 2.54 ERA, a 0.88 WHIP and an 86/19 K/BB ratio in 56 2/3 innings this season.

'Dr. Awesome said:
Astros are the first team to be mathematically eliminated from the playoff chase.

Can't wait for them to join the AL West!
Technically I think they're one game away from elimination. They've only been eliminated from the division race. LinkDoes anyone know of a good site that tracks magic numbers for playoff qualification- not just winning the division but assuring you'll be at least in the wild card? Seems like the math would be really hard with two wild cards.

'Dr. Awesome said:
Astros are the first team to be mathematically eliminated from the playoff chase.

My link
:lmao: Favorite play of the year. Love the third baseman flying over the other two right after they collide.

ETA - yes, you're right Tobias. Only eliminated from the division. They've still got a shot at the Wild Card! :popcorn:

'Dr. Awesome said:

My link
:lmao: Favorite play of the year. Love the third baseman flying over the other two right after they collide.

ETA - yes, you're right Tobias. Only eliminated from the division. They've still got a shot at the Wild Card! :popcorn:
Who would they go with in the wild card game? Norris? Harrell?

'Dr. Awesome said:

My link

Who would they go with in the wild card game? Norris? Harrell?
Harrell for sure. Harrell vs. the Cards/Braves/Dodgers lineups? No contest. Nats and Reds might as well book flights to Houston now.

My link
From last night - more funnies from Hou:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPiyQrqjKmc
:lmao: Definition of 'flailing'. Thankfully it's only a dtd injury.

85 of the 111 pitches thrown by Medlen in his CGSO were strikes. In his last 4 starts his stats are:

33 IP, 0 ER, 1 BB, 34 Ks, 0.70 WHIP.

Dude's combination of pounding the strike zone and not giving up hits or runs has been pretty astounding of late.

Early front runner for player tweet of the month

Kris Medlen‏@KrisMedlen54 Wow what an incredible day! So honored to be the NL pitcher of the month! But finding out my unborn child has a wiener was the best part!

Users who are viewing this thread