What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Official 2014 Philadelphia Eagles Thread ** (2 Viewers)

We will see what happens but doesn't seem like a lot to build on. 9 wins is 9 wins but not very competitive against the best teams. O-line and position players can seemingly only go down from here. Obviously we can improve the secondary but I thought the front 7 played fairly well all year. With the way they call things nowadays, you need a franchise QB.

We will see what happens but doesn't seem like a lot to build on. 9 wins is 9 wins but not very competitive against the best teams. O-line and position players can seemingly only go down from here. Obviously we can improve the secondary but I thought the front 7 played fairly well all year. With the way they call things nowadays, you need a franchise QB.
Trust me I would love to have A Rodgers but it could we worse than having a guy that put up 25 more TDS than picks last year. Maybe it's something where Chip could find a mid round QB that's perfect for his offense.

Parkey. Great year, came up small. Secondary needs an overhaul.

Let them score and take your chance with 1:00 left and 2 timeouts down 7. Stopping them with 6 seconds left does nothing.

Also, isn't Parkey dealing with a hamstring issue? Not an excuse but thought that 4th and 1 was a missed opportunity. For all the praise Chip gets, he cost the Eagles quite a bit this year. And while he has been good, seems like the league is adapting to their offense fairly successfully.

I'll sum it up it one sentence. Their defense isn't championship caliber without a championship caliber QB. I'll call it now, neither will be fixed this offseason to the extent necessary to win a Super Bowl. And to me nothing else matters 3 years into a regime.

6-2 with Foles. With 4 olinemen hurt.

Sanchez not the ONLY reason, but he's one of them!
Foles also had a much easier schedule. He beat 1 team with a winning record. And the way he was playing this year, he wouldn't have helped much.
IMO he would have helped a lot. No down field threat at all with Sanchez. Everything short. And, I dare say Foles stats would have improved with a healtier line.

I'll sum it up it one sentence. Their defense isn't championship caliber without a championship caliber QB. I'll call it now, neither will be fixed this offseason to the extent necessary to win a Super Bowl. And to me nothing else matters 3 years into a regime.
Eh, I think your forgetting how Andy left this team. What did we have 4 wins? I think we have been spoiled a little considering this is essentially rebuilding years for us.

Eh, I think your forgetting how Andy left this team. What did we have 4 wins? I think we have been spoiled a little considering this is essentially rebuilding years for us.
Andy also left us with enough talent to compete. Almost all the good players are Reid holdovers. The cupboard was not bare.

Andy also left us with enough talent to compete. Almost all the good players are Reid holdovers. The cupboard was not bare.
And Chip has gotten more out of them than Reid did. Its only been 2 years, of course the good players would be from before unless you had rookies blowing up 1st year.

I'll take the middle ground here. Andy left us a mess on defense. The offense was also a mess in 2012 because of O-Line injuries, but the talent was there.

I'll take the middle ground here. Andy left us a mess on defense. The offense was also a mess in 2012 because of O-Line injuries, but the talent was there.
How does 2012 matter?!? I want a SUPER BOWL and neither the defense or QB is going to carry either to it.

This....is simply not true. Green Bay was the only bad beat we took.

All beats to good teams exposed this team for what it is. How do you fix it?

I'm a little bummed out but I never fooled myself into believing this team was good enough to be a real contender this year. Would have been nice to make the playoffs again and have one more week to hope but I'd still know in the back of my mind that a super bowl was highly unlikely. I never thought they would be as competitive as they've been the first couple of years and made a decision to not really expect too much or judge too hard the 1st couple of years under Chip. I definitely want to see some real improvement next year. Not talking about record as much as quality of win and consistency. I'm still hopeful.

Seattle wasn't much prettier. The score wasn't really indicative of how we played. 139 total yards. Yes, we were competitive against Arizona and SF and beat Indy but I wouldn't consider them the best teams. We are in that second tier of teams but the gap seems fairly large between us and GB/SEA.

I'm a little bummed out but I never fooled myself into believing this team was good enough to be a real contender this year. Would have been nice to make the playoffs again and have one more week to hope but I'd still know in the back of my mind that a super bowl was highly unlikely. I never thought they would be as competitive as they've been the first couple of years and made a decision to not really expect too much or judge too hard the 1st couple of years under Chip. I definitely want to see some real improvement next year. Not talking about record as much as quality of win and consistency. I'm still hopeful.
Agreed, 9-3 felt great but never felt we were really that good. Ahead of where I thought we would be 1st 2 years but lacking serious talent on defense....is this 3-4 really worth it?

Agreed, 9-3 felt great but never felt we were really that good. Ahead of where I thought we would be 1st 2 years but lacking serious talent on defense....is this 3-4 really worth it?
Not sure, but the main defensive issue is the secondary, so I'm hoping we get that dramatically improved next season.

Lot of big talk a couple weeks ago.....not so much now. Same ole eagles...enjoy : )
I'm not an Eagles fan but you have 683 posts and you joined in 2003 and all of a sudden you are talking trash left and right (completely unprovoked)? Why don't you try growing up?

Sanchez sucks.
Agreed. They need to just start Barkley next week.
Why would they do that? Barkley stinks and they already know that. Kelly may be a good coach but he has not done a good job with his draft
In the case we have nothing to play for and the slight chance Barkley has improved some and to get him experience. Also if a loss moves us up some draft spots I'm not against it. Last year we were only 1 spot away from having a Safety not named Nate Allen.

Sanchez sucks.
Why would they do that? Barkley stinks and they already know that. Kelly may be a good coach but he has not done a good job with his draft
In the case we have nothing to play for and the slight chance Barkley has improved some and to get him experience. Also if a loss moves us up some draft spots I'm not against it. Last year we were only 1 spot away from having a Safety not named Nate Allen.
Very good points lol

Sanchez sucks.
Very good points lol
And the silver lining is that Washington and NYG get worse draft picks.

It'll be interesting to see how this starts to play out. As someone said on the post game, the honey moon is over and we'll start to see how people really think about Chip. In some ways, he is a victim of his own success last year but in other ways, the roster wasn't as bad as people think when he took over. Drafting seems more to do with Howie so I'm not really sure he gets too much credit/blame. But aside from that, his first draft was very good with Lane, Bennie, Ertz. A bit too early to tell about last years draft.

Next year will obviously be a big year for Chip. Not that he is on the hot seat but 3-years in should probably start to see some progress. It'll be interesting if we see some turnover, specifically Davis. The front 7 has come a long way but the defensive game plans have been perplexing at times. Obviously, our secondary needs to just be blown up. Offensively, I think Chip has obviously been successful but shown a few cracks specifically against great defenses. Haven't looked enough at his time in Oregon but seems like that was the case there as well, great numbers against crappy teams but struggles against good teams.

So I'm sitting here this morning reading the Inquirer, drinking my coffee and just miserable on a Sunday morning. As I continue to sit here and ##### about Coach Coyote, my wife asks me how this is Chip's fault? I said, "Sweetheart, when you have a QB who is a known turnover machine, what do you do to help him out?" She says, "Run the ball?" BINGO!!! That's why I married her!

So fellas, how is it that McCoy has 68 yards first half and looking great but finishes with 88 and the Buttfumbler has FIFTY pass attempts? This is on Kelly. The hire of Davis--on Kelly. Getting rid of Desean--Kelly.

Am I in the movie a Groundhog Day? Didn't we go through this for seven years? Arrogance, arrogance, arrogance....

Maybe I'll feel better in six months, but I am so over this college guy already. He doesn't belong here.

There's a reason Kelly has no national titles and could never beat the elite SEC teams. And it's not because the Ducks lacked talent.

There's a reason Kelly has no national titles and could never beat the elite SEC teams. And it's not because the Ducks lacked talent.
He had 2 games against elite SEC teams. In one, he lost 22-19 in the BCS NCG. In the other, he lost 40-27 to #4 LSU. That's a very small sample size. It's not like he lost 5 games a year to these teams.

Not sure, but the main defensive issue is the secondary, so I'm hoping we get that dramatically improved next season.
yea, front 7 is doing it's job. Malcom Jenkins is a stud, Kendricks and Cox should be extended this offseason. We NEED better help on the backend though, opponents are throwing the ball up there and we're letting huge completions. We made Austin Davis, Kirk Cousins, and Zach Mettenberg look like Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

One thing I noticed about this game, was so much dink and dunk by Sanchez. Defense crept up, and I kept waiting for him to make them pay by going over the top for the deep shots, and we never took it. Just short gains over and over.

He had 2 games against elite SEC teams. In one, he lost 22-19 in the BCS NCG. In the other, he lost 40-27 to #4 LSU. That's a very small sample size. It's not like he lost 5 games a year to these teams.
He would be coaching Youngstown State right now if he had to face the upper tier SEC teams more than once a year.

Users who are viewing this thread