What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (2 Viewers)

Mark May is gone. Replaced with Joey Galloway :mellow:

The SEC drops its rule on satellite camps. Let them begin feasting on each other :thumbup:

Early Signing Period Possible??

With the way rules are, I still don't understand why a player ever signs anything but a financial aid agreement.
I couldn't agree more.

From speaking with some of the parents of UCLA's players, none of them were even aware that it was available. And, after speaking with them about it, most were afraid of asking to sign that instead of the NLI. I can sort of see that for the 3 star recruit who got a scholarship offer "late," but for the 4 and 5 star recruits with tons of options, I don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
UCLA and Georgia have scheduled a home and home series for the 2025-2026 seasons with Georgia coming to the Rose Bowl in 2025 and UCLA going to Athens in 2026. Both games will be the season openers for the schools.

UCLA now has three SEC opponents scheduled over the next 11 years. They play aTm in 2016-2017 and LSU in 2021 and 2024.

They'll also be playing over that same period Oklahoma (2018-2019) and Michigan (2022-2023).

I've been to LSU a few times, but I'm going to try to do the road trips for each of those schools. All of them are places I've always wanted to see a game.

With the way rules are, I still don't understand why a player ever signs anything but a financial aid agreement.
I couldn't agree more.

From speaking with some of the parents of UCLA's players, none of them were even aware that it was available. And, after speaking with them about it, most were afraid of asking to sign that instead of the NLI. I can sort of see that for the 3 star recruit who got a scholarship offer "late," but for the 4 and 5 star recruits with tons of options, I don't get it.
I don't know about FA agreements, but say I'm a recruit for 2016 and Miami offers me today 6/18. Can I accept verbally and go immediately to the FA office and get my FA agreement done and signed or do I have to wait for national signing day? If I can go in today and sign, I don't see the point in a early signing period since, in reality, it already exists via FA agreements. :oldunsure:

I couldn't agree more.

I don't know about FA agreements, but say I'm a recruit for 2016 and Miami offers me today 6/18. Can I accept verbally and go immediately to the FA office and get my FA agreement done and signed or do I have to wait for national signing day? If I can go in today and sign, I don't see the point in a early signing period since, in reality, it already exists via FA agreements. :oldunsure:
No. Not yet, at least.

I don't know if it's only for early enrollees, but (at least for early enrollees) recruits can sign scholarship agreements with schools after July 31 of their upcoming senior year. So, in your hypothetical, definitely if you were enrolling early, you could walk in and sign on August 1, 2015, assuming you have a "committable" offer.

ETA: It looks like only early enrollees can sign grants in aid beginning August 1 of each year.

UCLA and Georgia have scheduled a home and home series for the 2025-2026 seasons with Georgia coming to the Rose Bowl in 2025 and UCLA going to Athens in 2026. Both games will be the season openers for the schools.

UCLA now has three SEC opponents scheduled over the next 11 years. They play aTm in 2016-2017 and LSU in 2021 and 2024.

They'll also be playing over that same period Oklahoma (2018-2019) and Michigan (2022-2023).

I've been to LSU a few times, but I'm going to try to do the road trips for each of those schools. All of them are places I've always wanted to see a game.
Good diverse 3. Athens has the best campus/town...LSU the best stadium experience...and TAMU is just really unique, especially with its traditions.

Congrats. Dawgs have 8 months to collect Fulmer points and earn those one game suspensions at the beginning of the year so you'll play their second string most likely.

I couldn't agree more.

No. Not yet, at least.

I don't know if it's only for early enrollees, but (at least for early enrollees) recruits can sign scholarship agreements with schools after July 31 of their upcoming senior year. So, in your hypothetical, definitely if you were enrolling early, you could walk in and sign on August 1, 2015, assuming you have a "committable" offer.

ETA: It looks like only early enrollees can sign grants in aid beginning August 1 of each year.
Ok...that sorta makes sense. Will be interesting to see how FA agreements are impacted also.

Good diverse 3. Athens has the best campus/town...LSU the best stadium experience...and TAMU is just really unique, especially with its traditions.
Yeah, I'm hoping to be able to do all three. I used to live in Louisiana and I know my wife would love to go back there, so I think we'll go to that one for sure. I'd probably lean to Athens next and then A&M.

I saw on the Scout Alabama site that after they saw the announcement on UCLA and Georgia they were hoping Alabama and UCLA could schedule another series. UCLA has a marquee opponent scheduled every year for the next 11 years other than 2020, so if it were to happen, it would either be 12 years from now and later or in 2020 and then the follow up game to come after 2026, and I'm not sure either school would want that. The Scout Alabama fans didn't think there was any way Saban would do it anyway.

Congrats. Dawgs have 8 months to collect Fulmer points and earn those one game suspensions at the beginning of the year so you'll play their second string most likely.
Interesting. UCLA's players usually are the opposite. They get one game suspensions for bowl games for getting into shenanigans during the bowl week.

Hopefully Georgia doesn't back out like they did against Oregon. If UCLA is doing well I think Georgia backs out. Perhaps with the new playoff system they will lay off the patsies.

Hopefully Georgia doesn't back out like they did against Oregon. If UCLA is doing well I think Georgia backs out. Perhaps with the new playoff system they will lay off the patsies.
Texas A&M backed out of their home-and-home with Oregon as well. I know it's common, but still sucks to not have at least one marquee name in the pre-season schedule. Hopefully Nebraska and tOSU keep their deals, and the Ducks can find a good home-and-home for '18-'19.

Texas A&M backed out of their home-and-home with Oregon as well. I know it's common, but still sucks to not have at least one marquee name in the pre-season schedule. Hopefully Nebraska and tOSU keep their deals, and the Ducks can find a good home-and-home for '18-'19.
Not home and home but should be a fun game.

AU - Oregon

Not home and home but should be a fun game.

AU - Oregon
Yup, good to see. Would've even better to finally see a Duck win at Jerryworld.

gump is in the collegiate apparel business right? I know nothing about these contracts, but I just heard that Michigan's new Nike deal is almost $170 million over 10 or 11 years. That doesn't sound right. Is that right? :oldunsure:

The Commish said:
gump is in the collegiate apparel business right? I know nothing about these contracts, but I just heard that Michigan's new Nike deal is almost $170 million over 10 or 11 years. That doesn't sound right. Is that right? :oldunsure:
They are basically paying $10M/year for $10M/year in sales.

Nike is a different animal...as is UA...they don't do 'profitable' deals in the normal sense, but look at these as Marketing.

SEC Media voted on their pre-season poll today, @ media days.

West Champ: Alabama

East Champ: Georgia

SEC Champ: Auburn

:mellow:

Pre-season polls are super useful.

Saw the interview that BR did with these guys and thought it was the most creative and bravest thing ever!

Ohio State fans show up at SEC Media Day to Troll Alabama Fans

:lmao:
Along a similar line, Michigan is playing at Utah this year. I have a sales rep that calls on me that is big into it all and has great season tickets. He told me he can get me a couple of seats next to him if I want them. I am contemplating going all out Buckeye gear and see how close we can get to behind their bench. :)

Users who are viewing this thread