What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2015 Cowboys Thread- 4-12. We won the 4th pick! (1 Viewer)

Chances Brady is on the field week 5 against the Cowboys?
I could see the suspension being overturned by the courts or the NFL settling to reduce it to two games. Either way, Brady would play against the Cowboys week 5.

My only hesitation is that Goodell is a lawyer and I have a hard time seeing him maintaining the 4 game suspension if he thought it would be thrown out in court. So of course there is some chance that Brady doesn't play.

I don't know!! What do I look like, a lawyer?!! :)
Cowboys could get some favorable matches early. We play the Giants twice in the first seven weeks with JPP still recovering, Brady on his suspension, and we get the Falcons, Pats, Panthers, and Seahawks all at home. I'll take it. :)

Chances Brady is on the field week 5 against the Cowboys?
I could see the suspension being overturned by the courts or the NFL settling to reduce it to two games. Either way, Brady would play against the Cowboys week 5.

My only hesitation is that Goodell is a lawyer and I have a hard time seeing him maintaining the 4 game suspension if he thought it would be thrown out in court. So of course there is some chance that Brady doesn't play.

I don't know!! What do I look like, a lawyer?!! :)
Cowboys could get some favorable matches early. We play the Giants twice in the first seven weeks with JPP still recovering, Brady on his suspension, and we get the Falcons, Pats, Panthers, and Seahawks all at home. I'll take it. :)
The last team in the league I want to play during the season is the Pats.

If the Cowboys are lucky/healthy/fortunate enough to make it to the Super Bowl and face the Pats- playing them during the season would be a HUGE advantage for the Pats and we all know how BB adjusts the second time around.

Thoughts after the SD game...

The good

-Collins had 3 absolutely eye popping blocks. The one was like the scene in The Blindside

-Tough break for Gus Johnson separating his shoulder, he looked decent.

-Randy Gregory looks bigger and has put on weight. Had a nice sack too.

-Rookie corner Jones and White both played with confidence and contested every throw.

-Lache Seastrunk is a very patient runner.

-LBer 4th rounder Wilson from Minnesota flashed a few times and was around the ball.

- I like Devin Street as our WR3

-Lucky Whitehead was good too, but can't put the ball on the carpet.

The Bad

Weems, slow, lazy feet and over setting and getting beat inside.

Heath is awful.

Was not impressed by any LB aside from Wilson. Brinkley was bad and missed countless tackles.

Weeden....oooofff.The snap hit his hands

Running back and Safety remain the biggest concern going into the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be in Dallas Jan 3rd VS the Skins.....

Anybody got a connect on tickets? I'm working two other angles but doesn't hurt to ask here.

It's mid August, the busiest time at FBG's and this place is a graveyard. Either all the Cowboys fans have left where they take less abuse, or this place just isn't the same anymore. I really miss discussing the roster, camp and daily events. I must be getting old.

Get off my lawn...btw

It's mid August, the busiest time at FBG's and this place is a graveyard. Either all the Cowboys fans have left where they take less abuse, or this place just isn't the same anymore. I really miss discussing the roster, camp and daily events. I must be getting old.

Get off my lawn...btw
This place is a graveyard. I didn't see yesterday's game. Any thoughts on how they look? Any concerns going into the season? Or do you think they are just resting a lot of starters to prevent injuries?

C'mon Cowboys fans! Even the Redskins thread has more chatter than this thread, and they are looking forward to a season with RGIII and Jay Gruden! You guys are defending division champs! Represent!!

I dunno. I've been paying some attention to Cowboys camp, but not much I usually read the articles on BTB to keep abreast, and mostly don't feel like posting much about it.

Life is busy. Trying to get ready for FF, and then theres college football. I just find college training camp more interesting. I cant get too fired up for pre season NFL. I think some of it has to do with everything being overanalyzed to death. I like to watch certain players in games, and kinda lose interest by the start of the 2nd half. Plus, I have too much other crap to do.

I sorta half paid attention to the first half last night. DMC looks like he's looked. Not impressed. Escobar looks like he could really be a weapon if he gets the chance. He did have a bad drop though. Weeden, meh.........Other than that, special teams continues to be bad, which is a little concerning. Hopefully they can figure out how to cover punts!........Although, that Hayne dude really seems like he's got "it".

It sorta felt like the whole team was discombobulated last night. But its preseason, and lots of starters either didn't play or played very little. Seemed like the 9ers kept their starters in longer. I think that gives a false sense of how a team looks sometimes.

I just wanna get thru the pre season without major injuries!

I've liked much of what I read on Street but I'm not seeing it in games. What's your thoughts on him in 2015

I just want to get to week 1 injury free for our primary starters. Preseason is just a series of land mines.

I've been to several practices in Oxnard. Today they ran harder than they have all summer. Suspect that's why Dez was rested so much. Man did he want to go. Then Scandrick blew an acl and the day was ruined.

Oof

Its not like our secondary was a real strength to begin with. Claiborne better put on his big boy pants. Glad we drafted Jones.....heres to a short learning curve!

Oof

Its not like our secondary was a real strength to begin with. Claiborne better put on his big boy pants. Glad we drafted Jones.....heres to a short learning curve!
We'll be testing out the ole' theory about a strong front-7 making the backend stronger.

Rushmen!!

A competent pass rush would most certainly help! And all signs point our pass rush improving this season. I've got pretty good faith in Marinelli and his rushmen.

Still, losing our best corner sucks......Carr was not very good last season.....Mo has been a bust so far, and gets one more chance due to draft pedigree. Mo this is your chance!

Too many threads on Cowboys in TSP right now.

Can someone give an assessment of Linehan taking over full responsibility of the offense as OC, ie with Callahan leaving?

Are fans expecting less running, more passing? Is Terrance Williams a good play again perhaps?

And it also seems to me the pass catching back is a big deal in the Linehan offense in years past.

So to me this is starting to look like the Denver backfield last year. That doesn't mean Dunbar won't explode on SNF (which I had been dreaming of just yesterday) but this could just as well become a muddle not unlike the Denver situation last year. Also like Denver 2014 there's potential for big upside.

In other words, I don't have the sense that anyone has any idea what's going on, but maybe Cowboys fans do.

I don't see Dunbar exploding except on contact with a linebacker. He isn't very big and can't stay healthy. I would compare him to a less talented and physical Ronnie Hillman. Seems like every time he starts to show something he gets banged up.

I am a huge Cowboy fan and I haven't drafted any of their runners this season other than a late round flyer yesterday on Christine Michael. He is the only one that I see holding up. I wanted the others to work out but I haven't seen anything to suggest it yet.

Terrence Williams has quietly had an excellent camp but so has Cole. I expect Williams to be better than he was last season but I don't know by how much given the other targets. I could envision him having a 60 800 8td season unless Cole takes off this season.

I'm lookin for big things from cole this season. He was seeing more targets at end of the season, and reports from camp were that hes been uncoverable. I could see him taking some of Wittens targets and bein a chain mover. Similar to welker/edelman.....he won't get as many targets, but he could post some nice ppr totals

I think we beat the Giants handily after a slow first half.

Finalizing plans to attend my first game IN Dallas!!! Looking like the Seattle game.

Cobalt...where you at? Too quiet in here.

I can't wait to see the defense in action. With lee back(yes he's injury prone but his acl was partially torn. It was a matter of when not if it tears again) and hopefully staying heathy, this defense is going to be top 5! Pressure on the qb makes the secondary better and our dline is much improved. Probably won't see tOk many sacks vs the Giants but they should get consistent pressure.

Dez has been slow to start all but his rookie year. 3-4 catches only and 2 of those games were against the Gmen. With no preseason work, why would he do well this week in a spot where he started slow in the past?

I can't wait to see the defense in action. With lee back(yes he's injury prone but his acl was partially torn. It was a matter of when not if it tears again) and hopefully staying heathy, this defense is going to be top 5! Pressure on the qb makes the secondary better and our dline is much improved. Probably won't see tOk many sacks vs the Giants but they should get consistent pressure.
IMO They need to trade for a CB or two even or it will bite them against one the many studs at WR in the NFL We've seen it time and time again where one gem starts to dominate, the D overcompensates and from there it just breaks down completely. I have little doubt they could compete in a shootout and they might win some but what happens when a D has a CB who can stick with Dez and they don't?

Outsider looking in here: I'm not too familiar with this guy but why such the hefty contract for this guy?
3 tech who fits the scheme perfect. Very disruptive to the pocket and was literally about 8 inches away from another 8 sacks last year.

Young guy getting better

Great work ethic and team mate

He is going to go off this year with Hardy and Gregory and Lawrence also causing havoc

He pops off the screen if you watch the all 22 from last year....and that was on a poor D.

Whats up everybody!

I haven't posted in here much because Ive been waiting to get in from of an actual keyboard to type a response. Never seems to happen anymore. Anyway...

I'm beyond excited for this season. We all know how that has gone in previous years but I think we are moving in the right direction. Health is always the deciding factor but if we keep Romo upright I see a Superbowl run and with Murray gone, a possible MVP season for Romo. The Cowboys are now one of the better run organizations in the NFL. Most casual fans will still call Jerry a meddler when in truth, Stephen Jones and Garrett are mostly responsible for the turnaround. Jerry still gets to play boss, but hes really only responsible for entertaining guests and marketing.

I'm most excited to see our defense. I really think we are going to shock the world this year. We might not be 12-4 but I think we will be better. The line went from nothing last year to being totally loaded this season. I cant wait for week 5. Demarcus Lawrence is HUGE, Randy Gregory is greased lightening, the Kraken, Crawford, ugh. The only thing Im disappointed in is them not having a go at Robbert Griffin.

So as far as the division goes.... The Skins are a mess. The Giants should be good on O but have horrible defense. I want to see if Beckham can stay healthy. and then there are the Eagles. Everybody is picking them to win the division and I'm of the opinion they stink the joint up. Ive never seen a team have that much player turnover and succeed. I also dont see Bradford or Murray staying healthy. Murray got his money and won't make the same sacrifice, similar to how he was with us his first few years when he was under contract.

Should be an interesting season. We have 2-3 years with this QB still close to his peak so per usual, the season goes as Romo does.

Ugly, improbable, but no quit in the team. Now have to get thru at least the bye week without Dez. Find a way to make it thru week 6 and I think the team will be fine.

IMO They need to trade for a CB or two even or it will bite them against one the many studs at WR in the NFL We've seen it time and time again where one gem starts to dominate, the D overcompensates and from there it just breaks down completely. I have little doubt they could compete in a shootout and they might win some but what happens when a D has a CB who can stick with Dez and they don't?
Carr looked good tonight

Huge win after giving away 17 points. Thank you Eli. Very costly with Dez and RG injuries. Next man up at both positions please!

What's up Cowboy fans? Big game this week. Eagles have gotten lucky that the Cowboys are playing shorthanded this week due to suspensions and injuries. Dez being out is huge as we saw what he did last year and what Julio did in week one. Gregory being out also helps a lot.

I think the Cowboys will come to play, and it will be close into the third quarter, but I think the Eagles O will eventually wear the Cowboys down and the Eagles win by 10 or 14.

If the Cowboys do win this will be a big boast for them, but a more devastating loss for the Eagles after losing in week one. I will say that Romo is playing with a ton of confidence right now, so the Cowboys definitely have a chance to win if he has a great game.

I think the Eagles biggest weakness right now is their DC, Billy Davis. I think the defense is aggressive and does force turnovers, but teams are able to move on them too easily and they are susceptible to the big play. So even though I am picking the Eagles to win fairly big, I am really not comfortable about this game at all. Dallas has nothing to lose and everything to gain so they are extremely dangerous.

Dhockster...

You are the most level headed Eagle poster by far and I enjoy reading your thoughts. I do struggle with predicting a 10 to 14 point win against your biggest divisional rival. Not sure how you get a run away 14 point victory.

Agreed, the loss of Gregory and Dez hurts. Dez is hard to replace. However the RBs had a very underrated first game and Romo is looking very sharp.

I find it VERY telling that former Seattle DC attacked Maxwell all game vs Atlanta. Now, I assume he gets Williams. This should be interesting to watch.

I also noticed that stunts killed the Eagles Oline. Bradford got smacked around. Expect more of stunts this week vs Coach Rod. I also love the Crawford match up vs either Eagle guard.

The only match up that really scares me is Sproles. Grrr hate that guy...so damned good.

I expect a close game decided late. Sorry Dhockster.

Dhockster...

You are the most level headed Eagle poster by far and I enjoy reading your thoughts. I do struggle with predicting a 10 to 14 point win against your biggest divisional rival. Not sure how you get a run away 14 point victory.

Agreed, the loss of Gregory and Dez hurts. Dez is hard to replace. However the RBs had a very underrated first game and Romo is looking very sharp.

I find it VERY telling that former Seattle DC attacked Maxwell all game vs Atlanta. Now, I assume he gets Williams. This should be interesting to watch.

I also noticed that stunts killed the Eagles Oline. Bradford got smacked around. Expect more of stunts this week vs Coach Rod. I also love the Crawford match up vs either Eagle guard.

The only match up that really scares me is Sproles. Grrr hate that guy...so damned good.

I expect a close game decided late. Sorry Dhockster.
No need to apologize. I said that even though I thought it might end with the Eagles winning by 10 or 14, I was not comfortable about the game at all. That means I won't be surprised at all if Dallas win this game, due primarily with how good Romo is playing and how easy it can be to move on the Philly D.

Part of the reason I think it could end with a wider margin is that I think the offense I saw in the second half of Monday's game is more indictative of the offense the Eagles are going to have, than the offense in the first half. Bradford's first game in two years, and Quinn coming out with an improved, fired up defense both attributed to the Eagles slow start. I am hopeful that they get Agholor involved in the game with some deep throws to spread out the defense.

As always, it should be exciting.

Good posts. I have a feeling the game will come down to Matthews/Beasley vs the nickle cornerbacks. Falcons had some success in the screen game as well and I expect Beasley and/or Dunbar to test the Eagles with some quick passes. We'll definitely miss Scanrdrick, let's see if Patmon can step up.

Murray and our o-line should be extra motivated for the game. I can see an early ground and pound game leading to an eventual QB shootout.

The one person I'm worried about on the Eagles is Fletcher Cox. That dude is a monster. I was worried about the Giants DT Hankins, but unlike past games, he was a non factor last Monday night so I'll be watching that closely.

The injuries/missing players does concern me. I've heard a lot about how talented all the defensive linemen were and that camp cuts were difficult so we'll see this week.

Like our favorite Eagles fan, dhockster stated, this would be a crushing defeat for the Eagles. The Cowboys would have a two (and a half?) game head start.

Very intriguing game with Demarcus Murphy in the building. I really wish the Cowboys had a few more of their players though to give an honest effort.

It'll be close but I see the Cowboys winning this nail biter 127-0.

Seriously though... I'm optimistic the Cowboys can win but know theyre short handed. They went through most of the offseason without Dez does help but the Eagles need it more and theyre the healthier team.

Cowboys fall 28-14.

Users who are viewing this thread