What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 Off-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (1 Viewer)

12 team PPR start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR , 1 TE, 1 RB?WR?TE, K, D

M has Bell, Hill, McKinnon, and Herron as well. Also has Green, Dez, Antonio B, and Manny Sanders at WR (along wth Wright, Shorts, John Brown)

Last edited by a moderator:
Non PPR, Start 1-2-3-1-1flex

Not involved

Julio Jones

Jordan Cameron

Vincent Jackson

Niles Paul

for

AJ Green

Julius Thomas

Roddy White

M has Bell, Hill, McKinnon, and Herron as well. Also has Green, Dez, Antonio B, and Manny Sanders at WR (along wth Wright, Shorts, John Brown)
I would have kept Foster and Forte if I were M. Guaranteed at least 2 more strong playoff appearances if he has a decent QB and TE. Looks like he just made a move out of boredom. Could have done better IMO

Forte and Foster/Hou RB's...

Non PPR, Start 1-2-3-1-1flex

Not involved

Julio Jones

Jordan Cameron

Vincent Jackson

Niles Paul

for

AJ Green

Julius Thomas

Roddy White
AJG because...ummm...he is good even with Dalton at QB?

Forte and Foster/Hou RB's...
Yup

That's funny because stand alone foster and forte couldn't even fetch a late 1st.

It's my team and my line-up looks like:

Qb: Rivers, Kaep, Foles

RB: 2 of Bell, Hill, Anderson

WR: Bryant, Green, A. brown,

flex: extra RB or Manny Sanders, maybe Wright If Tenn fixes QB

te: Graham

Weak at Qb, but couldn't get an elite one for Forte or Foster due to age

That's funny because stand alone foster and forte couldn't even fetch a late 1st.

Look up thread. Forte fetched Morris, 2016 1,2,3, and 4.

How can FOrte or Foster not fetch late 1sts? Do people not care about winning?
most people see them as rentals and you can get guys like Forsett this year for even cheaper.I think my team will compete just fine...and I know have longevity on my side
No league i am in or ever have been in would those guys not be able to fetch a late 1st. Thats absurd
late 1sts for sure, but what range do you see them being worth?

Doubt anyone would give up a top 3 pick for either of them. I'd put Forte in the 4-7 range and Foster in the 7-10 range, although i personally wouldn't touch Foster.

most people see them as rentals and you can get guys like Forsett this year for even cheaper.I think my team will compete just fine...and I know have longevity on my side
No league i am in or ever have been in would those guys not be able to fetch a late 1st. Thats absurd
OK, I was kinda exaggerating about late 1sts. Maybe I didn't try to trade for bottom 1st round picks, but I did try:

Forte, Foster, John Brown, Manny Sanders for 1.01 and 1.02

Forte and Foster for 1.04, a 2nd, and 2016 1st

Forte and Foster for Gio, 1.07, and 2016 1st

Forte and Foster for 1.08,1.10, and 2016 1st

Forte, John Brown, Foster for 1.01

Both for TY Hilton

I wasn't getting any counters and was looking to upgrade. I think I'm buying close to a top 5 dynasty RB for 2 guys that have served me well and I'm ok with that. Would rather sell a year early than a year late

Foster is the youngest of, and scored more ppg than, forte, Charles or lynch. is amazing to me that forte, who is a full year younger and just lost trestman, is worth a first, second and third and a decent starting back like Morris, but foster sparkly isn't worth a first.

OK, I was kinda exaggerating about late 1sts. Maybe I didn't try to trade for bottom 1st round picks, but I did try:

Both for TY Hilton

I wasn't getting any counters and was looking to upgrade. I think I'm buying close to a top 5 dynasty RB for 2 guys that have served me well and I'm ok with that. Would rather sell a year early than a year late
Given the right team makeup i can easily see giving picks 8, 10, and a 2016 1st for both forte and foster.

I would easily deal hilton for both.

Pick 1 for both is interesting depending on circumstance

Both for TY Hilton

That is rather ambitious.

But if you like CJA as a top 5 RB then what does it matter. You did well for yourself.

I know how hard it can be to sell Forte and Foster in the offseason...fortunately I didn't need to sell and got a nicer deal in season. You got a return you can live with on assets that are definitely declining in value. I think separately they are worth more but nice job getting guys you like

That's fine but Forte wasn't fetching that in this league. I thought he did well to get CJ Anderson

Foster is the youngest of, and scored more ppg than, forte, Charles or lynch. is amazing to me that forte, who is a full year younger and just lost trestman, is worth a first, second and third and a decent starting back like Morris, but foster sparkly isn't worth a first.
I think people have the perception (which is not completely unfounded) of him no longer being able to stay healthy. I have him in one league, and at the end of last season and earlier this offseason I tried to move him in an effort to rebuild a bit and it was like I was offering Franco Harris around.

I decided to just hold and added some parts to make a run (while still holding youth in reserve). The dynasty landscape in my experience has really shifted to youth-centric more than ever. In the league I'm discussing here, it seems like half the league is in rebuild mode every season - so perhaps taking the opposite approach and buying veterans on the cheap is the way to go.

Without high-jacking this thread too much, as some examples I was able to get Blount for a late 4th, Roddy White for a mid/late third and Calvin Johnson, Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates for my 2016 draft (rounds 1-5, which should be in later part of the round), Jordan Reed and Terrence West. I still have enough youth on that team that it's not a total sell-out, but I have some real fire-power to compete this year as well.

10 team Superflex w IDP (FBG scoring but sack heavy) NO PPR

Arian Foster

Victor Cruz

Brandon Marshall (DEN)

for

Joique Bell

Reggie Bush

Jarvis Jones

Geno Atkins

I think people have the perception (which is not completely unfounded) of him no longer being able to stay healthy. I have him in one league, and at the end of last season and earlier this offseason I tried to move him in an effort to rebuild a bit and it was like I was offering Franco Harris around.I decided to just hold and added some parts to make a run (while still holding youth in reserve). The dynasty landscape in my experience has really shifted to youth-centric more than ever. In the league I'm discussing here, it seems like half the league is in rebuild mode every season - so perhaps taking the opposite approach and buying veterans on the cheap is the way to go.

Without high-jacking this thread too much, as some examples I was able to get Blount for a late 4th, Roddy White for a mid/late third and Calvin Johnson, Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates for my 2016 draft (rounds 1-5, which should be in later part of the round), Jordan Reed and Terrence West. I still have enough youth on that team that it's not a total sell-out, but I have some real fire-power to compete this year as well.
I also have rivers, foster, blount, gates, and i acquired Roddy but already moved him. Also agree that the youth movement is out of control. Happy to zig where the other guys are zagging though.

Arian Foster

Victor Cruz

Brandon Marshall (DEN)

for

Joique Bell

Reggie Bush

Jarvis Jones

Geno Atkins

If it was a top 3 pick id take the pick side, but at top 4, youre looking at Parker/white/maybe a couple other guys depending on your needs. Moving foster tho, id like another rb coming back that could be a stud, chances are you get gurley or gordon at the 3, and you could settle for cooper if needed.

But the 4 is not as guaranteed as id want

Arian Foster

Victor Cruz

Brandon Marshall (DEN)

for

Joique Bell

Reggie Bush

Jarvis Jones

Geno Atkins

If it was a top 3 pick id take the pick side, but at top 4, youre looking at Parker/white/maybe a couple other guys depending on your needs. Moving foster tho, id like another rb coming back that could be a stud, chances are you get gurley or gordon at the 3, and you could settle for cooper if needed.

But the 4 is not as guaranteed as id want
This makes sense, but its a Superflex putting QBs at a premium. I also have the #2 pick, and now the #4. The dude sitting at #3 needs a QB pretty bad. I'm assuming #1 is Gordon or Gurley, #2 (me) is the one not taken at #1, #3 will be a QB, and #4 would be me. I would probably take Cooper, but I might also trade down a pick and get White (who I am starting to like better than Cooper).

My main concern here was: How much does Foster really have left? I don't like a player dying on my team and IMO this is the best value I will be able to get for him moving forward. I think expecting a young RB and the #4 pick would be way to big a price to pay for a 28 year old RB (who turns 29 before the season starts). Cruz is lock to return to his former self, and most assuredly he is the second option on his team now.

Gave Brees and 2016 mid to early 3rd

Received Foles and 2015 2.6

I have Carr and Macklin so I liked the idea of pairing Foles.

Edit to add that I'm trying to rebuild while staying competitive. Brees age is the issue to me. I know Foles is a risk, but QB seems easier to stream.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have Carr and Macklin so I liked the idea of

pairing Foles.

Edit to add that I'm trying to rebuild while staying competitive. Brees age is the issue to me. I

know Foles is a risk, but QB seems easier to stream.
Please add scoring and lineup info...otherwise

your trade posts are almost impossible to value. On this one (regardless of scoring)...you got hosed
Sorry. FFPC 4pp passingTDs.

Arian Foster

Victor Cruz

Brandon Marshall (DEN)

for

Joique Bell

Reggie Bush

Jarvis Jones

Geno Atkins

I would take the 1.04.

The LB Marshall and Foster are both very good contributors but I would take my chances @ 1.04 I think

Edit to add that I'm trying to rebuild while staying competitive. Brees age is the issue to me. I know Foles is a risk, but QB seems easier to stream.
Brees

Please add scoring and lineup info...otherwise your trade posts are almost impossible to value. On this one (regardless of scoring)...you got hosed
Most of his trades have been head scratchers to me, trading away solid players for those with question marks (like Foles and his speculative future with the Eagles) and 2016 picks (although here it was a 2015). If Foles is traded by the Eagles but doesn't start anywhere this year, or if another QB is brought in who takes the starting job (like Locker) then he gave away Brees for a 2.06. Just my opinion but this was too dicey if the idea is to remain competitive and build for the future (Brees could have another solid 2-3 years left).

I have been wrong before about trades, but I just don't like this one.

That's fine but Forte wasn't fetching that in this league. I thought he did well to get CJ Anderson
Every league is different. My comment was directed toward the idea that they can't get late 1sts which clearly they can.

I have Carr and Macklin so I liked the idea of

pairing Foles.

Edit to add that I'm trying to rebuild while staying competitive. Brees age is the issue to me. I

know Foles is a risk, but QB seems easier to stream.
Please add scoring and lineup info...otherwise

your trade posts are almost impossible to value. On this one (regardless of scoring)...you got hosed
Sorry. FFPC 4pp passingTDs.
Even though it's only 4 points for passing TD's the fact it's an FFPC league makes the trade even worse. With cuts coming soon and need to get to 14 position players non-stud type QB are a dime a dozen. I'd imagine in a few leagues Foles will be outright cut.

12 Team PPR qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/flex- rb/wr/te

Team A Gives Keenan Allen/Victor Cruz

Team B Gives Davante Adams/Ryan Mathews
I wouldn't even trade Allen for both those guys...Allen side
You must be higher on Allen than most. I prefer the Allen side, but not by much.
I didn't think so but it is possible. My value of Allen has sort of remained the same. I was lower on him last offseason than most and now I seem to be higher. Good time for me to buy I guess

As of right now I prefer the Allen/Cruz side, but if Cobb moves on then give me Adams/Mathews
That's how I would see it but knowing what we know today I'd have kept Allen, who I'm not even very high on, instead of doing a deal where you hope Cobb leaves or you lose. Of course if Cobb was gone the Adams owner likely would not accept this deal so it's a gamble that could pay off but considering how Green Bay generally keeps the players they want to keep it's not a gamble I'd have made.

16 team PPR IDP (even scoring) QB, RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex, 2 DL, 3 LB, 3 CB

Team A - gives 1.15, 2016 first

Team B - gives 2016 first

Team A is a contender (lost conference Super Bowl this year)

Team B is worst in the league by a wide margin.
two late 1sts for a top pick? Easy decision

That sounds like a total newbie league, and if it's not, and those guys have been in the league a while, should be pretty easy to rule that league forever

That is not a good rebuild trade, and now you are no longer competitive.

Brees side easy no matter the format or roster makeup

I wouldn't even trade Allen for both those guys...Allen side
You must be higher on Allen than most. I prefer the Allen side, but not by much.
I didn't think so but it is possible. My value of Allen has sort of remained the same. I was lower on him last offseason than most and now I seem to be higher. Good time for me to buy I guess
Allen for me also with or without Cruz

Users who are viewing this thread