What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official** 2015 Washington Redskins Thread YOU LIKE THAT! (1 Viewer)

Sebowski said:
dehaven123 said:
jeesh. that eagles thread is a trainwreck. shame on you if you 'contributed' to that clusterfook of a thread lately.
I've never seen so many posters who insist on having the last word in the same thread.
It was pretty hilarious hearing them compare Kelly to Vince Lombardi and only 2 days later his ### gets fired. Pure comedy.

Sebowski said:
dehaven123 said:
jeesh. that eagles thread is a trainwreck. shame on you if you 'contributed' to that clusterfook of a thread lately.
I've never seen so many posters who insist on having the last word in the same thread.

;)

GoBirds said:
dehaven123 said:
Sebowski said:
dehaven123 said:
I bit my tongue a couple times reading through it, but it just ain't worth it.
Much appreciated....it's ridiculous. We used to have alot of good info in there but the trolling is out of control.
To be fair, before the recent influx of non-Eagles fans to the thread because of recent events, there was page after page of Eagles fans griping at Eagles fans about who was a true fan and who wasn't. It was as bad then as it is now.

GoBirds said:
dehaven123 said:
Sebowski said:
dehaven123 said:
I bit my tongue a couple times reading through it, but it just ain't worth it.
Much appreciated....it's ridiculous. We used to have alot of good info in there but the trolling is out of control.
To be fair, before the recent influx of non-Eagles fans to the thread because of recent events, there was page after page of Eagles fans griping at Eagles fans about who was a true fan and who wasn't. It was as bad then as it is now.
....and the 2 arguing Foles vs Bradford somehow. Shoot me.

Gruden has also improved on

in-game adjustments (still not great at it but is improved)

coming out of halftime better (started during the Tampa game when he tore the team a new ####### at the half)

cutting down on delay penalties

being so damn predictable on offense

not lashing out at bad player performances in public

not being so conservative with a lead

not bailing on the run game so quickly

Up til halftime of the Tampa game he looked like a dead man walking to me, and I was quite down on him. Things have noticeably improved since then.
He's handled the media much better. Either that or he doesn't have to talk ##### about RG3 anymore and he's still the same. The Dallas game still makes me sick the way they called that game...but yeah, improvements.

Sebowski said:
dehaven123 said:

;)
No idea what this post means.
I think Fatness was getting the last word

Assumptions about the Redskins that turned out to be wrong.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/12/30/nine-incorrect-assumptions-we-all-made-about-the-redskins/

1) Kirk Cousins would throw gobs and gobs of interceptions
2) Robert Griffin III would be a harmful distraction
3) The offensive line would fail miserably in pass protection
4) Joe Barry would be a marginal upgrade, at best
5) Scot McCloughan’s first draft would be underwelming, at least in Year 1
6) Jordan Reed would miss too many games because of injury
7) DeSean Jackson probably isn’t worth the drama
8) Win or lose, Washington would run the ball
9) Win or lose, the Redskins would lead the league in drama

This season has been noticeably short on madness and dysfunction. Meanwhile, the Eagles fired their coach, the Giants struggled with an out-of-control star receiver, and the Cowboys had too many dramas to list. The Redskins were just the boring, steady, mostly competent division champs. Which has to be the most surprising thing on this list.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is something that Cousins has improved drastically from previous stints as the starting quarterback, and even from earlier this season. He previously had some troubles staring down receivers and leading defenders straight to his intended target. But now, he’s not only avoiding leading defenders to his receivers, he’s holding them in the middle of the field and looking them off.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2015/12/30/subtle-improvements-in-kirk-cousinss-game-show-positive-signs-of-development/

Kirk Cousins wants to play, and it appears the Washington Redskins quarterback will likely start on Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys, though it’s unknown for how long he’ll be used in a season finale without any playoff implications.

Redskins Coach Jay Gruden doesn’t want to risk an injury to Cousins, nor any of the other starters, prior to the team’s first-round playoff game next week. If Cousins starts on Sunday, expect Gruden to pull Cousins out the game and bring in Colt McCoy at some point. Let’s just say McCoy goes down with an injury. Gruden doesn’t want to put Cousins back in. Who would the Redskins trot out as their emergency quarterback?

Meet the man that claims he can throw a football over 70 yards – fullback Darrel Young.

“I’m familiar with the system, and I can throw,” Young said. “If stuff happens, I can go in there and manage. I ain’t going to say I can go in there and throw for 300 [yards], but I can manage.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2015/12/31/darrel-young-full-time-redskins-fullback-and-emergency-quarterback/

:lmao:

Assumptions about the Redskins that turned out to be wrong.

4) Joe Barry would be a marginal upgrade, at best
Has the D really been that much better that we can say this was a wrong assumption?
Mixed, but overall more good than bad if you go by statistics.

Game situations make this so hard to quantify, but the Redskins went from tied for 29th in the NFL in points allowed to 17th. They went from tied for 25th in takeaways to tied for 12th. At the end of last season, the team’s weighted DVOA — a Football Outsiders statistic that gives more importance to recent games — was 30th in the NFL. As of this writing, the team ranks 19th in that category. In fairness, the Redskins are actually giving up more yardage this season than they did in Jim Haslett’s last as defensive coordinator. But it’s hard to imagine many fans are unhappy with the new guy.
If you go by watching them play, yeah, I'd say they're better. Not good, just better than they were. There aren't as many receivers running open without a Redskin defender within 5 yards. And their goal line defense is much improved.

Good thing about skins fans, we've been bad so long, we're happy with incremental improvement. I think we've become a patient lot. Not knee jerk, have to win now types.

Good thing about skins fans, we've been bad so long, we're happy with incremental improvement. I think we've become a patient lot. Not knee jerk, have to win now types.
:goodposting: Yea honestly, we have exceeded expectations. i really dont have any expectations of them doing much in the playoffs. So im satisfied with this seasons outcome. Makes watching how this plays out much less stressful.

having said that i will still likely sit in the seat in the same position, drinking the same beer that i have drank for the past few wins just because im superstitious like that :D

:goodposting: Yea honestly, we have exceeded expectations. i really dont have any expectations of them doing much in the playoffs. So im satisfied with this seasons outcome. Makes watching how this plays out much less stressful.
I'm pretty satisfied too, but I want to see 2 more well-played games (at a minimum) this season. I want to see them come out every week and play well, period, and for playing well to become normal. Not a lot to ask, but so far from where they've been so much of the last few years.

If the Skins game is blacked out here Sunday because of the Ravens game I'm going to be irate. Hell, they'll probably black out the Skins playoff game for a "Greatest Ravens Moments of 2015" special.

If the Skins game is blacked out here Sunday because of the Ravens game I'm going to be irate. Hell, they'll probably black out the Skins playoff game for a "Greatest Ravens Moments of 2015" special.
:lol: Now, that is what they call a joke, fatness. Got me with that one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/01/01/mel-kiper-says-redskins-will-be-a-non-factor-in-the-nfl-playoffs/

This is a great article. I mean, before I read this article, I thought that it was necessary to actual play NFL games. Now I have been enlightened, you DON'T have to play games. You just have to listen to ESPN experts. Also according to this article, Dallas should be in the playoffs, not Washington. I am so grateful to Mel and Skip for opening my eyes:

Mel Kiper

“We’re not talking about the Redskins if this division wasn’t so bad, and we’re not talking about the Redskins if [Tony] Romo plays,” Kiper said. “If Romo plays all year, we’re not discussing the Redskins in the playoffs.”

So there you have it, 4-11 Dallas would have been a lock for the playoffs had Romo played. WIth how clutch Romo has been his whole career, they probably would have been a Super Bowl threat. I mean, for instance, consider the quote from:

Skip Bayless

This year’s NFC East made me sick,” Skip Bayless said this week. “The Washington Redskins won it by default. They were simply the last team standing. I’m going to say it one last time: If Tony Romo and Dez Bryant had been healthy the whole year, my Cowboys would have run away with the NFC East, then made a run at this year’s Super Bowl.”

I mean, holy, freaking cow. Even if I was not a Redskins fan, I would still be rooting for them in the playoffs. I knew Bayless was a hack, but Kiper should know better.

Good thing we have the media to guide us, now we don't have to actually play the games.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/01/01/mel-kiper-says-redskins-will-be-a-non-factor-in-the-nfl-playoffs/

This is a great article. I mean, before I read this article, I thought that it was necessary to actual play NFL games. Now I have been enlightened, you DON'T have to play games. You just have to listen to ESPN experts. Also according to this article, Dallas should be in the playoffs, not Washington. I am so grateful to Mel and Skip for opening my eyes:

Mel Kiper

“We’re not talking about the Redskins if this division wasn’t so bad, and we’re not talking about the Redskins if [Tony] Romo plays,” Kiper said. “If Romo plays all year, we’re not discussing the Redskins in the playoffs.”

So there you have it, 4-11 Dallas would have been a lock for the playoffs had Romo played. WIth how clutch Romo has been his whole career, they probably would have been a Super Bowl threat. I mean, for instance, consider the quote from:

Skip Bayless

This year’s NFC East made me sick,” Skip Bayless said this week. “The Washington Redskins won it by default. They were simply the last team standing. I’m going to say it one last time: If Tony Romo and Dez Bryant had been healthy the whole year, my Cowboys would have run away with the NFC East, then made a run at this year’s Super Bowl.”

I mean, holy, freaking cow. Even if I was not a Redskins fan, I would still be rooting for them in the playoffs. I knew Bayless was a hack, but Kiper should know better.

Good thing we have the media to guide us, now we don't have to actually play the games.
The Redskins won a really weak division. I don't think anyone can question that.

But when watching the Redskins games, they are playing solid football. They aren't making mistakes that scream how poorly coached the team is. They are executing their plays. And the passing game and Cousins are playing quite well. Solid football gets you to average or above and vying for a the playoffs. And that is where the Redskins are at now.

Also note that both the Eagles and Giants were making bonehead play after bonehead play when we last played them. I thought Dallas did a little better, but they still were not very good. When you look at it, the Redskins really are the best team in the NFC East.

The Redskins are starting to look like a consistently solid team. I suspect that once we get to the playoffs and play Arizona, Carolina, or Seattle, they will be competitive, but the superior talent on the other teams will eventually let them pull away.

Homers: what's the word on usage this weekend? Dallas is -4.
Nothing announced yet. Gruden said something about decisions being made based on health, so that could mean business as usual or it could mean that anyone with even minor bumps and bruises sits.

Marvelous said:
MikeApf said:

Mel Kiper

Skip Bayless

The Redskins won a really weak division. I don't think anyone can question that.

But when watching the Redskins games, they are playing solid football. They aren't making mistakes that scream how poorly coached the team is. They are executing their plays. And the passing game and Cousins are playing quite well. Solid football gets you to average or above and vying for a the playoffs. And that is where the Redskins are at now.

Also note that both the Eagles and Giants were making bonehead play after bonehead play when we last played them. I thought Dallas did a little better, but they still were not very good. When you look at it, the Redskins really are the best team in the NFC East.

The Redskins are starting to look like a consistently solid team. I suspect that once we get to the playoffs and play Arizona, Carolina, or Seattle, they will be competitive, but the superior talent on the other teams will eventually let them pull away.
Na, i just cant see this. We play Arizona or Carolina and we will get stomped out. Badly. Seattle most likely as well. The xfactor is, have we opened the offense up enough so that we play better against those teams? Even if we do our D simply wont allow us to pull away. I cant see it. Unless.....

Unless we can turn around the defense. The year the giants first beat the patriots that D was horrible and looked much better in the playoffs. Indy did the same when they won their first with peyton. I would be shocked if that happened, but i guess it could happen. :shrug:

Dexter Manley is no stranger to public controversy, and after another insensitive remark Saturday, the former Redskins defensive end found himself offering yet another public apology.

While serving as a studio analyst for CBS’s “Game On,” Manley offered some insight on why he believes black quarterbacks have a more mobile aspect to their game.

“Most of the black quarterbacks, they like running because they’re probably used to running from the law,” Manley said.
Manley, who was known as the “Secretary of Defense” for his Pro Bowl play in Washington and played along Doug Williams, one of the first black mobile quarterbacks in NFL history, made his co-hosts visibly uncomfortable.

And he wasted little time before he apologized for his comments.

“I made a comment about this black quarterback stuff,” Manley later said. “I do apologize. You know, I say some things that I don’t think about sometimes.”

Perhaps, Manley is referring to the time he was a guest on WTOP and called former Cowboys’ quarterback Troy Aikman a “queer.”

He issued an apology for that, too, but still received a lifetime ban from appearing on the radio station.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/01/02/dexter-manley-says-black-quarterbacks-are-more-mobile-because-theyre-used-to-running-from-the-law/?hpid=hp_no-name_hp-in-the-news%3Apage%2Fin-the-news

Here's the TV football lineup at 1 pm today in my area:

CBS: Pittsburgh at Cleveland

Fox: Ravens at Cincinnati

Fox broadcasts NFC games, but look what I get. They're doing this to #### with me.

Dexter Manley is no stranger to public controversy, and after another insensitive remark Saturday, the former Redskins defensive end found himself offering yet another public apology.

While serving as a studio analyst for CBS’s “Game On,” Manley offered some insight on why he believes black quarterbacks have a more mobile aspect to their game.

“Most of the black quarterbacks, they like running because they’re probably used to running from the law,” Manley said.
Manley, who was known as the “Secretary of Defense” for his Pro Bowl play in Washington and played along Doug Williams, one of the first black mobile quarterbacks in NFL history, made his co-hosts visibly uncomfortable.

And he wasted little time before he apologized for his comments.

“I made a comment about this black quarterback stuff,” Manley later said. “I do apologize. You know, I say some things that I don’t think about sometimes.”

Perhaps, Manley is referring to the time he was a guest on WTOP and called former Cowboys’ quarterback Troy Aikman a “queer.”

He issued an apology for that, too, but still received a lifetime ban from appearing on the radio station.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/01/02/dexter-manley-says-black-quarterbacks-are-more-mobile-because-theyre-used-to-running-from-the-law/?hpid=hp_no-name_hp-in-the-news%3Apage%2Fin-the-news
I'm sorry, but I love Dexter Manley. He is one of my favorite human beings. He may say some stupid stuff, but he always came off to me as a sincere guy with a basically good heart.

I remember reading about his not being able to read and thinking, wow...all those teachers just passed him through just because he could play football. Now think about the guys who DIDN'T make the pros...

Fox broadcasts NFC games, but look what I get. They're doing this to #### with me.
The NFL dropped the Conference-TV relationship this year.

Left tackle Trent Williams is among the Redskins inactives during the season finale against the Dallas Cowboys. Here’s the complete list:

LT Trent Williams

S Dashon Goldson

CB Quinton Dunbar

LB Perry Riley Jr.

DE Jason Hatcher

RB Matt Jones

QB Robert Griffin III

fatness said:

Update:

Bengals 7

Ravens 6

Steelers 14

Browns 6

#Redskins coach Jay Gruden says Dashaun Phillips had cervical stinger, tests came back negative. Good news there. Jarrett still being tested

#Redskins coach Jay Gruden says Dashaun Phillips had cervical stinger, tests came back negative. Good news there. Jarrett still being tested
Good news about Phillips. His injury looked bad after it happened.

First time I've heard of someone injuring their cervix during a game.

At the beginning of the season here's a phrase I did not imagine hearing: "Resting Cousins for the playoffs."

Hey, we're in the playoffs. Somebody remind me how to act.

Nice way to finish the season!

Starters looked good and basically stomped Dallas in the first quarter and a half. Cousins looked sharp. We are underdogs for sure but I love that we are peaking at the right time.

Hope all the injured guys are ok, esp. Phillips.

Great, hard running by Alfred Morris in the second half -- more of that please!

I know this game was meaningless but several great things came out of it: a.) finish with winning record, b.) end the season sharp heading into playoffs, c.) minimal injuries (hoping that the secondary is not too severely impacted that's all). All in all, almost an optimal finish.

At the beginning of the season here's a phrase I did not imagine hearing: "Resting Cousins for the playoffs."

Hey, we're in the playoffs. Somebody remind me how to act.
Can't help you there.

However, I just wanted to say I'm so impressed with the maturation of Cousins. When he came out of Holland Christian - his graduating class was less than 150 - he was probably State's last recruit. His other offers were from Northern Illinois, Toledo and Western Michigan. Even after beating Michigan four years in a row, I really didn't see him as anything more than a career backup.

He's had a fantastic year. Good luck next week.

Also, you guys have the least annoying fan base in the NFCE.

Well looks like we'll be hosting Green Bay. I'd rather them play Seattle since I'd really like to see a Wilson/Cousins game, those two are on fire lately.

The Packers don't look very good right now though.

GB is the better matchup but I still fear Rodgers even with a pretty crappy supporting cast. And I hate the thought of so many cheesehead being in the stadium, but that's not a problem if the home team's play keeps them quiet

Well looks like we'll be hosting Green Bay. I'd rather them play Seattle since I'd really like to see a Wilson/Cousins game, those two are on fire lately.

I'm confused. Wouldn't you rather your team win then see a 'good game"? I would be cheering very hard for the vikings right now... you guys have a shot at green bay.

Um, game's not over yet.

edit: 2 minutes left, Vikings leading 20-13, Rodgers throws a pick in the end zone. Still not over.

0:00 left on the clock a Rodgers pass is knocked down in the end zone.

OK, it's over. We play Green Bay.

Users who are viewing this thread