What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2016 College Football Thread *** (3 Viewers)

Well, I think it's pretty likely the winner of our game goes to the ACC title game and into the playoff. From there, who knows. Even if one of us lost this weekend, running the table forward gets them into the playoff. 

Louisville is a stumbling block but they're at home for Clemson. GT on the road sucks, but everything else on paper looks good. 
FSU is at Louisville week 3. Blah. 

RUSF18 said:
The other day I saw a prominent writer/site calling Minnesota for that division. Nuts.
I know Herbstreit did. Not sure about anyone else. 

I was optimistic about Buckys chances because of that division, but their schedule before the end of October could easily leave them at like 2-5.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be at Athens and The Big House for weeks 2 and 3 :pickle:  
This will be a return to The Big House won't it?  Last time you were there things weren't going so well if I remember correctly.  Brandon was still there and sucking the life out of everything.  Interested to see if it's any different this time around.  Also, they've made some additions to the facility.  I haven't been back since they built the new structures.  Interested to see if they make much of a difference in volume.

This will be a return to The Big House won't it?  Last time you were there things weren't going so well if I remember correctly.  Brandon was still there and sucking the life out of everything.  Interested to see if it's any different this time around.  Also, they've made some additions to the facility.  I haven't been back since they built the new structures.  Interested to see if they make much of a difference in volume.
Yea last time we were there it was Hoke's final run and they played a gigantic snoozefest against Penn State. This will surely be much more exciting. The season ticket holders in front of me kept standing with their hands crossed like Hoke lol. 

Huskies are 26 pt favorites over Rutgers in the opener. I am optimistic about the UW this season, and I know Rutgers blows, but that is a wide spread.
The only argument I can make for Rutgers covering is that we should be much better fundamentally this season. Last year the defense couldn't tackle, allowed massive cushions without pressure, had no idea how to play zone, etc. Ash hasn't had enough time to fix all of that but I think there has been some decent initial progress. 

Someone in the 2015 thread mentioned how good the UW secondary is...them up against a new offensive system and an iffy QB is likely disaster for us. The run game should be solid but with no real threat of being beat deep (combination of offensive system, QB, lack of big receivers and the strength of the secondary) I expect that to be held in check for the most part. Our only real hope is Grant breaking something off either on specials or if he finds some space and/or a true freshman who was virtually unrecruited doing something shocking out of the slot (Dacoven Bailey).

I'd be pretty happy with something like 31-14. 

A friend of mine has 9 TVs set up for Saturday, and has planned out a schedule by hour for each.  The Pool TV, Sports room and Family room will all split the main games all day...the Kitchen, Garage, Playroom, Master Bedroom, and Bathroom all bounce between games, PGA, and ESPN (other than a couple of slots for the Today Show and Lifetime Movies in the Master for his wife)...and the 9th TV is allocated for HGTV.  He's somewhat passionate about football.

A friend of mine has 9 TVs set up for Saturday, and has planned out a schedule by hour for each.  The Pool TV, Sports room and Family room will all split the main games all day...the Kitchen, Garage, Playroom, Master Bedroom, and Bathroom all bounce between games, PGA, and ESPN (other than a couple of slots for the Today Show and Lifetime Movies in the Master for his wife)...and the 9th TV is allocated for HGTV.  He's somewhat passionate about football.
Doesn't that require him to stand and move between rooms?  Seems like a waste.

The only argument I can make for Rutgers covering is that we should be much better fundamentally this season. Last year the defense couldn't tackle, allowed massive cushions without pressure, had no idea how to play zone, etc. Ash hasn't had enough time to fix all of that but I think there has been some decent initial progress. 

Someone in the 2015 thread mentioned how good the UW secondary is...them up against a new offensive system and an iffy QB is likely disaster for us. The run game should be solid but with no real threat of being beat deep (combination of offensive system, QB, lack of big receivers and the strength of the secondary) I expect that to be held in check for the most part. Our only real hope is Grant breaking something off either on specials or if he finds some space and/or a true freshman who was virtually unrecruited doing something shocking out of the slot (Dacoven Bailey).

I'd be pretty happy with something like 31-14. 
I would love to see 31-28 Rutgers

Some people don't give a #### about their conference.
I hope Washington goes 0-12 every year but I do root for all other Pac 12 teams out of conference for the most part.

Edit to add- Washington is not one of the top 4 teams in the conference this year

I hope Washington goes 0-12 every year but I do root for all other Pac 12 teams out of conference for the most part.

Edit to add- Washington is not one of the top 4 teams in the conference this year
I don't give two craps about Washington but just because you've been so adamant that Oregon is better I'm hoping they go 12-0.

Still hoping to make the trip down to South Carolina for the Oct. 22 game. It's kind of crazy the number of cool places the Minutemen will be playing over the next few years -- the Swamp this weekend, BYU and Hawaii to end the year. Rocky Top next year, Athens in 2018. Already been able to see them in the Big House, Madison, Penn State and Notre Dame. The one benefit of being a G5 indy and whoring yourself out to the big boys.

You are a dumb SOB
There's no point in having a discussion with some brain dead tool who just constantly responds with the laughing smilie. There are Twitter bots that are able to form more substantial arguments than you. 

Notre Dame's game Sunday in Austin will be the first time in 20 years the Irish have played a regular-season game on any day other than Saturday.

Texas A & M on the road is a tough way for the Bruins to start. Not as tough as the Trojans' first game, but still...

Everything depends on Josh Rosen and if they can establish a running game without Paul Perkins. And, of course, the defense...Mora's got the talent but he can't always put it all together. My hopes are high! :thumbup:

Texas A & M on the road is a tough way for the Bruins to start. Not as tough as the Trojans' first game, but still...

Everything depends on Josh Rosen and if they can establish a running game without Paul Perkins. And, of course, the defense...Mora's got the talent but he can't always put it all together. My hopes are high! :thumbup:
I look forward to ucla woefully underperforming and embarrassing the Pac 12 as the majority of the conference does in non conference road games.

I look forward to ucla woefully underperforming and embarrassing the Pac 12 as the majority of the conference does in non conference road games.
Dude I'm not LHUCKS. I really don't care how the rest of the Pac 12 performs, but I still think that's a false generalization.

I guess the conference fan shtick has spread
I don't care about the ACC at all. But a better conference = better schedule = better odds at the playoff. It's pretty much basic common sense, which is why Christo doesn't understand it. Hang tight for a laughing smilie though, he's clutch at those  

If one of the better teams in your conference is on your schedule and they lose to a terrible Rutgers team, that's a knock. There's no other way around it. I don't like Clemson but I hope they clobber Auburn. Same with UNC against Georgia. 

I will be at Jordan-Hare for a long day on Saturday - and what I'm sure will be a long night for the Auburn Tigers. Nice of Stephen Roberts, a starting DB, to get arrested for weapons and eluding officers this week in order to be suspended for the game. Spread is 7.5 and I'd be tempted to clear out my 401K for this one and take Clemson. Bleacher report saying smart money is on Auburn as the home dog. No idea how they figure that.

Clemson lost a ton off their defense, didn't they?
Not sure it matters - Auburn is a mess on offense. Couldn't figure out the QB. RB's quit or kicked off team. Freshmen at WR. Play calling was crap last year especially in red zone - if you are needing a player for Daily Fantasy look for the Auburn kicker Daniel Carlson.

I don't care about the ACC at all. But a better conference = better schedule = better odds at the playoff. It's pretty much basic common sense, which is why Christo doesn't understand it. Hang tight for a laughing smilie though, he's clutch at those  

If one of the better teams in your conference is on your schedule and they lose to a terrible Rutgers team, that's a knock. There's no other way around it. I don't like Clemson but I hope they clobber Auburn. Same with UNC against Georgia. 
Eh.  At least the laughing is better than his terrible attempts to argue either way on conference/league fandom.  Doesn't waste time.

I take those games on a case by case basis.  I guess it matters more when you're dependent on perceived conference strength for title bid.  Those are four terrible teams you listed though...I want all of them to lose.

Eh.  At least the laughing is better than his terrible attempts to argue either way on conference/league fandom.  Doesn't waste time.

I take those games on a case by case basis.  I guess it matters more when you're dependent on perceived conference strength for title bid.  Those are four terrible teams you listed though...I want all of them to lose.
WTF are you talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread