What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2016 College Football Thread *** (1 Viewer)

I live in XII country, the conspiracy theorists think that XII is protecting Baylor because they can't really survive in a world where they have one decent team (OU) and they need to get to the next TV deal with at least 2 and probably 3 decent teams (Texas,OU, and ???)  Putting Baylor on some sort of suspension would derail that to the point where you are looking at relying on a TCU or Tech team that lately just seems happy to be there.  And that is running with assumption that Texas will get things going again.

Just to pile on OM cause its fun...

So there really is a "tape."

Unfortunately, Lewis' mother on that tape doesn't ask Ole Miss for money and doesn't mention other schools.

Its nice to know OM does actually record conversations with parents of recruits just to use for future black mailing.  I feel certain that won't be used against them in future recruiting battles. 

I was clearly wrong on Freeze stepping down on Monday, but it seems imminent.  I don't think he coaches another game. 

I live in XII country, the conspiracy theorists think that XII is protecting Baylor because they can't really survive in a world where they have one decent team (OU) and they need to get to the next TV deal with at least 2 and probably 3 decent teams (Texas,OU, and ???)  Putting Baylor on some sort of suspension would derail that to the point where you are looking at relying on a TCU or Tech team that lately just seems happy to be there.  And that is running with assumption that Texas will get things going again.
Did something happen to Oklahoma State that I don't know about? 

So....Saban's pissed that the rules for summer camps were changed?  Seriously? :lol:  

"And we pass some rule that everybody has to live with, or some law, where the consequences mess up a lot of other things. We do it all the time. We're doing it right now. The NCAA is doing it. We're going to change the way we have summer camps. We can't have high school coaches working summer camps. I mean, it's the most ridiculous thing that I've ever seen. It is what it is and whatever they do, they do.

"So we say we don't want third-parties dealing with players. So we're not going to let the high school coach bring a guy to camp, but some third-party guy can bring him to camp now. Makes no sense at all. But all the people who have common sense, they don't say anything about it. But the people who scream the loudest will get the thing changed and it'll mess everything up. That's the way it goes. The way it goes in the world, politics, just the way it goes.".
All we need is a Harbaugh tweet and spring events will officially be under way :lol:  

Further proof that even the ####### Penn State board is more upset they got caught than what actually happened there. It's reprehensible and unbecoming of an institution of their size and prominence.

Oh buddy I watch a LOT of college football. 

In fact, I just watched my DVR copy of FSU-Syracuse the other day. 

Nice wrap for the year we Bearcats had...Go 'Cats:

115th CONGRESS

1st Session

S. RES. 151

Commending the Northwest Missouri State University Bearcats on their

National Collegiate Athletic Association Division II National

Championship Victories.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES 

May 3, 2017 

Mr. Blunt (for himself and Mrs. McCaskill) submitted the following

resolution; which was considered and agreed to

RESOLUTION

Commending the Northwest Missouri State University Bearcats on their National Collegiate Athletic Association Division II national championship victories.

Whereas, on December 17, 2016, the Northwest Missouri State University football team defeated the University of North Alabama by a score of 29 to 3 in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (referred to in this preamble as the ``NCAA'') Division II national championship game in Kansas City, Kansas;

Whereas the victory was the sixth Division II national championship for Northwest Missouri State University since 1996 and the fourth since 2006;

Whereas the Bearcats have won 55 games and lost 2 games over the past 4 seasons, with 30 straight victories over the last 2 years; Whereas former head coach Adam Dorrel is 1 of just 3 head coaches in Division II football to win 3 national titles, and athletic director Mel Tjeerdsma has the distinction of being 1 of the other coaches to accomplish that feat;

Whereas, on March 25, 2017, the Northwest Missouri State men's basketball team defeated Fairmont State University in the NCAA Division II national championship, a first in the history of the Bearcats basketball program;

Whereas the Bearcats men's basketball team finished the 2016-2017 season with a 29-1 record, earning coach Ben McCollum his third Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Coach of the Year award; Whereas Bearcat guard, Justin Pitts, was named--

(1) Division II Player of the Year by the National Association of Basketball Coaches; and

(2) Division II Bulletin Player of the Year; and

Whereas Northwest Missouri State University became the first Division II school to win championships for football and men's basketball in the same academic year: Now, therefore, be it Resolved, That the Senate—

(1) Commends Northwest Missouri State University for their Division II national championship victories in football and men's basketball;

(2) Recognizes the athletic prowess, hard work, and dedication exhibited by the players, coaches, support staff, and student body of Northwest Missouri State University; and

(3) Congratulates the city of Maryville, Missouri, and Bearcat fans and alumni around the world.

Users who are viewing this thread