What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2016 College Football Thread *** (3 Viewers)

I don't care about the ACC at all. But a better conference = better schedule = better odds at the playoff. It's pretty much basic common sense, which is why Christo doesn't understand it. Hang tight for a laughing smilie though, he's clutch at those  

If one of the better teams in your conference is on your schedule and they lose to a terrible Rutgers team, that's a knock. There's no other way around it. I don't like Clemson but I hope they clobber Auburn. Same with UNC against Georgia. 
You are correct that it looks bad for the conference but if your rival loses to a crappy team it is a great feeling.   In the end, if your team takes care of business you can determine your own fate.

I take those games on a case by case basis.  I guess it matters more when you're dependent on perceived conference strength for title bid.  Those are four terrible teams you listed though...I want all of them to lose.
I do too. I guess I generally only care about the teams on FSU's schedule. 

Not sure it matters - Auburn is a mess on offense. Couldn't figure out the QB. RB's quit or kicked off team. Freshmen at WR. Play calling was crap last year especially in red zone - if you are needing a player for Daily Fantasy look for the Auburn kicker Daniel Carlson.
We lost pretty much our entire back 7 except for Ben Boulware at LB. if Auburn can throw, things will be interesting. Our interior DL is still looking good and I think we'll move Christian Wilkins to DE in certain packages for a jumbo look. Scott Pagano as our #3DT is better to have in the game than was we have at DE, so moving Wilkins around makes sense. 

On offense, barring injury, I don't see how we don't put up just tons of points unless there's rust. We get almost literally everyone back including former all ACC Mike Williams who caught a TD on the opening drive last year before breaking his neck. Deon Cain is back as well after getting in trouble.  We lost 2 OL from last year, but one wasn't even starting by the end, so we really shouldn't miss a beat there. 

Im nervous just because I'm always nervous, but I hope we can go up early and to put the pressure on. 

Expect the grass at Jordan-Hare to be suspiciously long...but otherwise I don't see AU hanging with Clemson on either side of the ball.

I don't care about the ACC at all. But a better conference = better schedule = better odds at the playoff. It's pretty much basic common sense, which is why Christo doesn't understand it. Hang tight for a laughing smilie though, he's clutch at those  

If one of the better teams in your conference is on your schedule and they lose to a terrible Rutgers team, that's a knock. There's no other way around it. I don't like Clemson but I hope they clobber Auburn. Same with UNC against Georgia. 
In this vein....is the ACC going to be strong enough to put two into the CFP or is it the winner of FSU and Clemson again?  Wondering if there's any way they can both get in there given they are in the same division.

In this vein....is the ACC going to be strong enough to put two into the CFP or is it the winner of FSU and Clemson again?  Wondering if there's any way they can both get in there given they are in the same division.
I think FSU's schedule is more difficult so they have a chance without winning the division. But I wouldn't bet on both making it at all. Maybe if one is 13-0 and the other is 11-1 and the game in tally was something like 27-24, down to the wire. 

We lost pretty much our entire back 7 except for Ben Boulware at LB. if Auburn can throw, things will be interesting. Our interior DL is still looking good and I think we'll move Christian Wilkins to DE in certain packages for a jumbo look. Scott Pagano as our #3DT is better to have in the game than was we have at DE, so moving Wilkins around makes sense. 

On offense, barring injury, I don't see how we don't put up just tons of points unless there's rust. We get almost literally everyone back including former all ACC Mike Williams who caught a TD on the opening drive last year before breaking his neck. Deon Cain is back as well after getting in trouble.  We lost 2 OL from last year, but one wasn't even starting by the end, so we really shouldn't miss a beat there. 

Im nervous just because I'm always nervous, but I hope we can go up early and to put the pressure on. 
Good stuff Marc - I'm pretty realistic about Auburn and it looks like a struggle this year - but in the past when they have been highly touted they crap the bed and when no one expects anything they've stood on their head,

As for your nerves it's a really late start so you should be able to prepare properly to alleviate those nerves 

Someone is going to test that rebuilt defense, but I doubt it will be Auburn.  Should have a lot of confidence built up coming off the first few games.  

Serious question FDAS, do you wish Benjamin didn't catch that pass in the end zone to win the title for FSU? 

Serious questing FDAS, ffdrew and other Auburn fans. Would you rather have Chizik back?
No

I think last years problems were an issue between Lashlee and Malzhan not being ready to call plays - and it stemmed from the handoff of the duties to Lashlee. Also the Daymeune Craig vs Lashlee in that handoff situation wasn't tenable. Malzhan couldn't straighten out the line of commands. Craig is at LSU now and maybe that will clear the air.

Serious question FDAS, do you wish Benjamin didn't catch that pass in the end zone to win the title for FSU? 
They should have tackled Greene - plenty of guys had a chance. How he didn't win the MVP is beyond me - Winston was not very good that day.

It seems like South Carolina has played every opening Thursday for several years now.
Because they have done it a lot recently:
09/01/05 UCF* W 24-15
08/31/06 at Miss State* W 15-0
08/28/08 NC State* W 34-0
09/03/09 at NC State* W 7-3
09/02/10 Southern Miss* W 41-13
08/30/12 at Vanderbilt* W 17-13
08/29/13 N. Carolina* W 27-10
08/28/14 Texas A&M* L 28-52
09/03/15 N. Carolina* W 17-13

Best game of the weekend?

LSU vs Wisky at Lambeau

Outside of my team's game, Im looking forward to USC/Bama and UNC/UGA. 

Enjoy this weekend, week 2 sucks. Basically the game at Bristol and nothing else. 

Last edited by a moderator:
And really, there's just no question that WKU is the superior team to Oregon.  Polls don't lie, bro.  I for one applaud the bravery of Saban and Co. for manning up in week 2 - WEEK 2!!! - to take on the Hilltoppers and their dominant program over the last decade plus.  Bravo, Tide.....Brav####ingO!

Well, gosh Mr. Gump....how come I don't see WKU here either?  

Last week, we dusted off the adding machines to find the winningest NFL team of the past 10 years. This week, we do the same thing with college football, looking all the way back to 2005 to find which school has produced the most victories in the last decade. Much like the NFL, the winner won’t surprise you, but plenty of other rankings will. (Note: We ignore vacated wins because vacated wins, by their very nature, deserve to be ignored.)

1. Boise State — 113 wins
2. Ohio State — 110 wins
3. Alabama — 107 wins
4. Oregon — 106 wins
5. LSU — 103 wins

Well, gosh Mr. Gump....how come I don't see WKU here either?  

Last week, we dusted off the adding machines to find the winningest NFL team of the past 10 years. This week, we do the same thing with college football, looking all the way back to 2005 to find which school has produced the most victories in the last decade. Much like the NFL, the winner won’t surprise you, but plenty of other rankings will. (Note: We ignore vacated wins because vacated wins, by their very nature, deserve to be ignored.)

1. Boise State — 113 wins
2. Ohio State — 110 wins
3. Alabama — 107 wins
4. Oregon — 106 wins
5. LSU — 103 wins
GM making serious arguments against the strength of the Western Kentucky Hilltopper football program!

GM making serious arguments against the strength of the Western Kentucky Hilltopper football program!
Naw, bro....I'm giving them locker room material for their big games coming up against all the SEC schools.  Not that they need it, what with double digit lines in their favor, but you never can have enough motivation.  This national disrespect for their program is going to Charles Jefferson them on Saturdays.

Users who are viewing this thread