What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2016 Masters*** (2 Viewers)

I'm over-negative against Speith, but he is one of the best ball-strikers in the world, led by his irons...Watson-esque.

Great compliment to the physical talent of McIIroy, Day...DJ, Bubba, Scott, even Fowler.

Historic run at Augusta, but it just feels different because the greens never played a part during it...they will this week.

Rory's mistakes on the final holes could loom large, if he had just made pars and finished -4 he would be in great shape.  I think Rory shoots between 66-68 going out early.

i really liked Danny Lee in his interview after his round, seems like he has a good sense of humor.

So how did Els' score on number one change from a ten to a nine?   :confused:
Guessing that they mis-counted his strokes for the TV on-screen scoring, or something like that.

(Otherwise, Roberto De Vicenzo is on the phone and PISSED) 

From ESPN:

It could have been worse. The Masters live scoring had it listed as a 10 all day, until officials conferred, reviewed videotape and determined that Els had taken just six putts, instead of seven. He finished with an 8-over-par 80 and is tied for 81st.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speith at roughly 2-1 to win right now... Grabbed a little. LOT of golf to be played though. 

Brad Faxon was on local radio here this morning and said he was discussing it with some other folks yesterday and they said based on the conditions of the course that a 5 handicapper wouldn't have broke 100 yesterday on the course.

Brad Faxon was on local radio here this morning and said he was discussing it with some other folks yesterday and they said based on the conditions of the course that a 5 handicapper wouldn't have broke 100 yesterday on the course.
i take exception to that.  i'm a 4 HDCP and i think i would've broken 100

edit: oh, you meant all 18 holes....nm

Rory repeating yesterday, gets to -4 and throws up on himself.  Frustrating golfer to root for, now I know how Phil's fans feel.

Looks tougher today. :popcorn:

Chromecasting this on my tv now instead of watching The Golf Channel's putting and driving range footage.  

Best $35 I ever spent.
Yep, great video quality too.

Bubba sure is taking a huge dump out there. 
Watching on a AppleTV (Gen 3)  on a 55" TV and it's a little fuzzy. It is clearer on the MacBook, than the TV.
Got a better picture using the Amen Corner only stream. The first stream was the one that was part of the screen with the scores.

Spieth opens Friday Birdie Par Birdie to stretch his lead to 4 strokes.... :unsure:

Went from +180 to win this morning when I grabbed him to:

Spieth -120
Field -120

:eek:

Day blowing up after getting a big break on his drive on #13...could be it for him.
He's kept it together with 2 big par putts, but he's not hitting the ball well at all...needs to get into the clubhouse asap.

Spieth lead up to 5.  Destroying.  
Should do the Els thing and 4 or 5 putt a hole for shtick, then pull back away again. For style points. 

LIVE ODDS:
Jordan Spieth -137 
Justin Rose +900 
Rory McIlroy +1000 
Jason Day +1600 
Paul Casey +2500
Sergio Garcia +3000
Phil Mickelson +2700 
Dustin Johnson +2100
Etc 

How are we looking?

Still in the hunt?
surprisingly yeah, if I can get all my guys to make the cut then I stand a good chance. The majority of the Spieth guys had him paired with either Fowler or Bubba which would wipe them out.

Stenson just threw his bag into Rae's Creek, pushed his caddy and ran into the woods. Rough conditions out there.

What does that egg salad sandwich do?  Just sit there and rot in the hot sun?  How long before it's appropriate to toss it?  As soon as Watson is out of site?

What does that egg salad sandwich do?  Just sit there and rot in the hot sun?  How long before it's appropriate to toss it?  As soon as Watson is out of site?
I think there's an old guy who hangs out in the woods who lives in and around Augusta who sneaks on site and eats it after the tee is clear.

Pretty big par save in 18 for Rory, Spieth could easily come in +2 the rest of the way and make this tourney wide open heading into the weekend.  He is now on the clock for the second straight day as well which could get into his head.

Augusta playing like a U.S. Open right now.

Users who are viewing this thread