What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2018 San Francisco 49ers thread *** (1 Viewer)

The more I read, kind of warming up to this signing. 

Good athlete who is best in a zone blocking system.  Cheap contract so a good add to the mix.  Will still draft a guard on day 2.  

Harold is a player to watch this year. Hes in the same system for the first time in his career.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Why-Eli-Harold-is-a-Potential-X-factor-for-49ers-in-2018/76a209af-ce22-4bca-bb92-28c0ba5df88f

Why Eli Harold is a Potential X-factor for 49ers in 2018

We all know by now that elite pass rushers don’t grow on trees. It’s why you’ll rarely find one on the open market in free agency. It’s also why if a team doesn’t find one via the draft, it’s unlikely to ever find one. 

Take this offseason as a perfect example. Detroit Lions defensive end Ziggy Ansah and Dallas Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence were two potential free agent targets for the San Francisco 49ers. Instead, both players were hit with the franchise tag. Last year it was the same story with Jason Pierre-Paul and Melvin Ingram. As John Lynch put it, you end up doing a lot of homework on players you’ll never truly have a chance at acquiring.

That fact makes it so crucial to develop the existing talent on your own roster. The 49ers posted just 30 sacks last season, but there are still a few intriguing pieces to keep an eye on. Lynch named Eli Harold as a player who has a chance to make a jump in 2018.

Harold was originally taken by the 49ers in the third round (79th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft. The 49ers projected him as a pass rusher, but after a series of position changes in his first two seasons, Harold found a home at SAM linebacker in 2017. It’s an important distinction to note that the SAM linebacker is, first and foremost, a player who needs to stop the run in Robert Saleh’s scheme. That’s something Harold did exceedingly well last year, becoming one of the better edge setters in the NFL.

San Francisco’s defense ranked seventh in yards per carry average (3.8) in 2017, a marked improvement after finishing dead last the season prior. Harold had plenty to do with that success against the run. And yet, Lynch said that he sees an even bigger role ahead for the linebacker in the coming year.

“We think Eli’s got some skills,” Lynch said. “We felt like he made great progress at the SAM linebacker spot last year, but we do believe he has some (pass) rush ability that is untapped. We need to tap into it. We’re going to give him that opportunity.” 

Lynch went on to compare Harold to Bruce Irvin. The 49ers GM would love to see Harold evolve into a SAM/LEO, a role Irvin filled with the Seattle Seahawks. That would make Harold a three-down player with the responsibility of stuffing the run on early downs and then rushing the quarterback on passing downs.

“If Eli could become that for us, that would be a really good development,” Lynch said.

A carousel of coaches and schemes throughout Harold’s first three years hindered his development. The linebacker fluctuated between positions and he tailored his body to fit each new role. Harold has now settled between 254 to 257 pounds and hopes to stay there for good.

“You don’t need to be big to play in the league,” Harold said. “You just need to be strong. You don’t see many guys at my position over 260 pounds.”

Continuity could go a long ways for Harold. He shared that he’s never been in the same scheme for more than a year. Now he’ll have the opportunity to grow on his experiences last season with help from a coaching staff that remains almost the exact same as it was in 2017. Harold will also be learning to rush in tandem with largely the same group of pass rushers.

If Harold’s confidence ever wavered, it’s certainly back now.

I feel like I got my mojo back mentally. I just can’t wait for this year,” Harold said. “I know I’m here for a reason. I wouldn’t be here if I couldn’t do it. So many people believe in me – my family, my friends, my teammates and my coaches. When you’ve got so many people who are on your side, how can you fail? I’m so motivated internally.”

If the linebacker does take on more of a pass-rushing role next season, he’s almost a lock to surpass the two sacks he posted last year.

Harold was also keen to note that he’s ready to win. It’s something he never did at Virginia and hasn’t done much of in his three seasons with the 49ers. But the linebacker can feel that things are turning around in San Francisco, a vibe he’s never felt before in his career.

“I’m so excited right now,” Harold said. “I don’t have any words for it. It’s an amazing feeling. I feel like we’re going to make it pretty far.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooper, Tomlinson and Garnett competing for the guard spots (as of now anyway). 3 first rounders within the last 5 years and none of them are desirable starters at this point. Hmmmmm, maybe that’s why drafting guards early isn’t a great idea. 

Cooper was a top 10 pick.  Cheap depth at the worst.  
Tomlinson seemed like he really improved as the season went on, to the point where he was a decent starter. 

I think the whole OL got better after Jimmy G got there. Ball out a lot quicker etc. 

Tomlinson graded out really well his last couple games. Would love to see it continue into 2018.  Between him, Garnett, Cooper and a day 2 draft pick, hopefully 2 decent starters will emerge. Magnuson is there too.  Hope anyway. 

No real surprise here, but Im glad Jimmy G came into the picture and blew away everyones expectations.

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/21/john-lynch-admits-kyle-shanahans-initial-master-plan-was-to-get-kirk-cousins/

John Lynch admits Kyle Shanahan's initial 'master plan' was to get Kirk Cousins

Before trading for Jimmy Garoppolo, watching him win five straight games, seemingly change the trajectory of a franchise and sign one of the richest contracts in league history, Kyle Shanahan had another idea for the future of his new team.

Garoppolo ultimately wasn’t Shanahan’s first choice to become face of the 49ers. That was Kirk Cousins, a former fourth-round pick of Washington whom Shanahan helped identify in the 2012 draft while he was the offensive coordinator.

A reunion had long been rumored because Cousins never appeared long to stay in D.C. and San Francisco had an obvious void under center after hiring Shanahan. And the two share agents.

In fact, even after landing Garoppolo, general manager John Lynch said this week Shanahan felt remorse about not getting Cousins, who recently signed a fully-guaranteed three-year, $84-million pact to join the Vikings in free agency.

“We made the (Garoppolo) trade, but then there were some days when Kyle Shanahan was like in mourning, because I think everybody knows his master plan was to have Kirk Cousins come in eventually,” Lynch said in an interview on ESPN Radio Wednesday. “I was proud of Kyle, because I think he knew this was the right thing for our franchise. And he didn’t hesitate. But even then, Jimmy had to really prove himself.”

Garoppolo was mostly an unknown commodity. He joined the 49ers in the Patriots deal for a second-round pick after making just two regular season starts in place of Tom Brady during his “Deflate-Gate” suspension to begin 2016. Cousins started all 16 games the past three seasons – and Shanahan was already familiar after working him for the first three years of his career.

Then Garoppolo won all five starts while throwing for the third-most yards in the NFL during that span, acclimating well to Shanahan’s watered down system after joining the team midseason. Garoppolo made his first start against the Bears despite being with San Francisco for almost exactly a month, a shorter time period with fewer practice reps than a typical training camp.

“I think, it was really smart, (Shanahan) didn’t play (Garoppolo) right away,” Lynch said. “He waited until he had some semblance of an understanding of our scheme. When he did put him in, he put him in a position to succeed.”

Garoppolo in February signed a five-year, $137.5-million with $41.7 million guaranteed at signing on the eve of his free agency. His average annual salary of $27.5 million was the highest in league history before getting eclipsed by Cousins’ $28-million.

Lynch added: “I would tell you that Jimmy really impressed Kyle to the point that he said, ‘this is our guy. ‘We’re excited in that, he really didn’t have a thorough understanding of what we were asking him to do. He kind of piecemealed game plans that we were putting together. So our thought process is, if he can go into a complete offseason and really master the system, it can get even better.”

Draft day only 4 weeks away.  Unless Barkley or Nelson falls, a trade down would be preferred, but assuming they stay put at 9, who would you prefer they draft between the most likely players available?

LB:  Smith or Edmunds?  Vander Esch is someone who is moving up the boards and would be a possibility if they move down.  Edmonds has great size and athletic ability but when scouts keep questioning his "football instincts", that concerns me.  Smith is really clean, but a little small and has an injury concern. 

CB:  Ward or Alexander?  Ward is the #1 CB on the board but Alexander had a great combine and is moving up the boards.  Both are under 6 feet, so not scheme fits.

S:  Fitzpatrick may still be available if teams decide he isn't going to be a true elite CB.  Derwin James is probably a top 5 player who falls based on the position being less valued.  Safety is not a position of need, but do you pass on the BPA? 

Edge:  Landry or Davenport?  Teams biggest position of need.  I have seen both rated in the top 10-15 area and have seen both projected in 2nd round.  Risky picks

Personally, I hope they trade down and grab Vander Esch, but Smith is my choice if they stay put.  Assuming Foster gets his shiot together, I would love to see them on the field together for the next 6-7 years.  Plus, he would give them insurance against Foster going off the grid in his personal life.

Rotoworld saying Gronk may be on trade block and mentions 49ers and Rams as suitors. 

Assuming this has legs, will be interesting (and fun) to watch it play out. My guess would be Gronk would prefer Southern California since he seems to want to get into movies and the Rams are in win it all mode currently. However, Niners have the Garropolo connection as well as a recent history of making deals with Hoody.  Jimmy G and Gronk would be fun to see.  

from the article

Bedard added "everyone" is in an agreement that a reunion with Jimmy Garoppolo in San Francisco is the most likely scenario for Gronkowski as maybe a makeup for robbing the Patriots in the trade for Garoppolo.
What is that supposed to mean?  That we are going to intentionally overpay to "makeup" for the Jimmy G trade.  That's just dumb.  Don't think we should give up a high pick (if that's what it would take) for an oft-injured TE that isn't sure he even wants to play much longer.  Seems like a better fit for a team who is in win-now mode like the "Dream Team" Rams lol.

Draft day only 4 weeks away.  Unless Barkley or Nelson falls, a trade down would be preferred, but assuming they stay put at 9, who would you prefer they draft between the most likely players available?

LB:  Smith or Edmunds?  Vander Esch is someone who is moving up the boards and would be a possibility if they move down.  Edmonds has great size and athletic ability but when scouts keep questioning his "football instincts", that concerns me.  Smith is really clean, but a little small and has an injury concern. 

CB:  Ward or Alexander?  Ward is the #1 CB on the board but Alexander had a great combine and is moving up the boards.  Both are under 6 feet, so not scheme fits.

S:  Fitzpatrick may still be available if teams decide he isn't going to be a true elite CB.  Derwin James is probably a top 5 player who falls based on the position being less valued.  Safety is not a position of need, but do you pass on the BPA? 

Edge:  Landry or Davenport?  Teams biggest position of need.  I have seen both rated in the top 10-15 area and have seen both projected in 2nd round.  Risky picks

Personally, I hope they trade down and grab Vander Esch, but Smith is my choice if they stay put.  Assuming Foster gets his shiot together, I would love to see them on the field together for the next 6-7 years.  Plus, he would give them insurance against Foster going off the grid in his personal life.
Tough year to try and narrow it down.  With 4, possibly 5, QB's that could go in the top 10 there will be some interesting options available at 9. 

I am a bit higher on Edmunds due to his versatility.  Either of the top 2 LB's would be a nice addition, but I don't see them taking another LB with a 1st unless maybe they know the Foster situation is going to be a long term issue. 

After listening to Sherman's interview on Maiocco's podcast, size at the outside CB spot is extremely important with respect to this scheme.  I agree that probably takes Denzel Ward off the board.  Jimmie Ward appears to be headed for CB competition and if Sherman is healthy he probably starts at nickel.

The 2 safeties definitely could be in play based on BPA.  I am not sure where they would foresee Fitzpatrick playing though.  I am really high on Colbert and I don't know that he would be that big of an upgrade over him at FS. Like you said if teams don't value him as an outside CB than not sure we would go that route for a nickle CB.

I think Edge is the spot they would like to draft but not at 9 unless Chubb somehow were to fall.  They are probably hoping to trade back for Landry or Davenport.

In the end I'd be cool with Landry or either LB and could get used to the idea of James or Fitz if they feel they are an immediate upgrade to our defensive backfield.  They were awful last year in pass defense and you can't have enough versatile / talented DB's.  If Nelson or Chubb falls that would be ideal IMO.

from the article

What is that supposed to mean?  That we are going to intentionally overpay to "makeup" for the Jimmy G trade.  That's just dumb.  Don't think we should give up a high pick (if that's what it would take) for an oft-injured TE that isn't sure he even wants to play much longer.  Seems like a better fit for a team who is in win-now mode like the "Dream Team" Rams lol.
Yeah, the insinuation that they would overpay to make up for the Garropolo trade is ridicules. 

The injury and how long he intends to play at all would be a huge part of any deal.  Compensation would have to be low for them to do a deal, which is why it won't happen.  Maybe they would consider pick 59 but more likely one of their 3rds. 

Also, Kittle is being really underappreciated by those outside of the organization, probably due to his 5th round draft status.  43 catches for over 500 yards was an excellent rookie season for a TE, especially considering he was dinged up a bit early and the QB situation was less than stellar most of the season.  Would be fun to see him and Gronk playing together for a couple years anyway.  That would create some serious match up issues.

Welp, it was fun while it lasted, Reuben.  This was not the outcome I was expecting since it took this long and based on the 49ers response thus far.  Sucks but I don't see how he isn't going to get cut now. 

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-linebacker-reuben-foster-charged-felony-domestic-violence

Foster, 24, physically attacked the 28-year-old woman during an argument at their Los Gatos home, leaving her bruised and with a ruptured ear drum, according to the DA’s office.

Welp, it was fun while it lasted, Reuben.  This was not the outcome I was expecting since it took this long and based on the 49ers response thus far.  Sucks but I don't see how he isn't going to get cut now. 

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-linebacker-reuben-foster-charged-felony-domestic-violence
For that kind of violence he will be suspended at least a year i would suspect with probably a Josh Gordan caveat of the commissioner will decide after that to let him back in.  He will probably never see the field again

For that kind of violence he will be suspended at least a year i would suspect with probably a Josh Gordan caveat of the commissioner will decide after that to let him back in.  He will probably never see the field again
Expect to hear an announcement soon from 49ers that he is gone.  Don't think they were expecting this which is a little odd as you would think they would have had access to the police reports at some point.  Big blow.  LB looking much more likely now at #9,

Expect to hear an announcement soon from 49ers that he is gone.  Don't think they were expecting this which is a little odd as you would think they would have had access to the police reports at some point.  Big blow.  LB looking much more likely now at #9,
No talent like Foster in this year's draft in my opinion.  That guy looked fantastic last year...what a waste

Apparently they aren’t cutting him. Gross. This is worse than the Brock situation, and he was cut after just being arrested. I guess it helps when the current GM spent a first round pick on you. 

Apparently they aren’t cutting him. Gross. This is worse than the Brock situation, and he was cut after just being arrested. I guess it helps when the current GM spent a first round pick on you. 
I'd be surprised if he played again anyway.  I bet at least a 2 year suspension is coming, plus jail time

Although things like this make me like the organization less

I guess theyre gonna see how things play out...he has been formally charged but not convicted. Maybe he takes a plea deal to lessen the charges from a felony to misdemeanor or maybe there just isnt enough evidence to convict. 

I guess theyre gonna see how things play out...he has been formally charged but not convicted. Maybe he takes a plea deal to lessen the charges from a felony to misdemeanor or maybe there just isnt enough evidence to convict. 
It shouldn’t matter if they are taking a zero tolerance policy like they claim. 

No talent like Foster in this year's draft in my opinion.  That guy looked fantastic last year...what a waste
He looked like he was already one of the top half dozen LB's in the NFL by the end of last year. Could have been their Bobby Wagner.

I don't think they'll force a LB at #9, but it certainly is an increased priority.

I heard Jerry Jones is looking for his new Greg Hardy  :oldunsure:  

So glad the Eagles dodged this bullet

Yeah I see him getting the Ray Rice treatment now. 

Yeah I see him getting the Ray Rice treatment now. 
I don't know about that. Ray Rice wouldn't have gotten the Ray Rice treatment if he'd gotten in trouble in 2011 instead of 2014. If Rice had still been a pro bowl RB, he'd have still been a Raven. 

Cowboys released Dez. I wonder if SF has any interest, he'd be a nice RZ target for Jimmy (at the right price).

Cowboys released Dez. I wonder if SF has any interest, he'd be a nice RZ target for Jimmy (at the right price).
Careful what you wish for. The 9ers seem to be building some nice momentum (excluding the Foster DV issue). Dez is very limited in terms of a route running and can be disruptive if he isn't the focal point of the offense. 

Careful what you wish for. The 9ers seem to be building some nice momentum (excluding the Foster DV issue). Dez is very limited in terms of a route running and can be disruptive if he isn't the focal point of the offense. 
Agree.  Shanahan has stated he likes WRs who can separate and Dez doesn't fall into that category.

He'd be a red zone monster though. We really don't need him between the 20s much, but he would draw coverage and open things up for everyone else. 

For the right price, Id take him on a 1 year deal.

He'd be a red zone monster though. We really don't need him between the 20s much, but he would draw coverage and open things up for everyone else. 

For the right price, Id take him on a 1 year deal.
All right, you convinced me...................

He would add a huge dimension in the red zone.   Don't think he makes it out west though.....................

Yeah, I doubt it happens, but I wouldnt be against it. I wouldn't expect a 1000 yard season tho. Maybe 600 with 9-12 TDs. Id take that all day long.

5 games form the schedule leaked!

At least 3 prime time games this season, including 2 MNF, and look at that week 6 matchup! :shock:

we now know the dates for five of the San Francisco 49ers' games. The latest dates to be revealed are home matchups against the New York Giants and Denver Broncos, which were reported by Art Stapleton of NorthJersey.com and Ryan Koenigsberg of BSN Denver, respectively.

The game against the Giants is the third known primetime game for the 49ers and the second one on Monday Night Football.

Below are the known 49ers games for 2018:

Week 6:  Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field on Monday, October 15 at 5:15 p.m. PT 
Week 9: Oakland Raiders at Levi's Stadium on Thursday, November 1 at 5:20 p.m. PT
Week 10: New York Giants at Levi's Stadium on Monday, November 12 at 5:15 p.m. PT
Week 12: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday, November 25 at 10:00 a.m. PT
Week 14: Denver Broncos at Levi's Stadium on Sunday, December 9

5 games form the schedule leaked!

At least 3 prime time games this season, including 2 MNF, and look at that week 6 matchup! :shock:

We still have four hours until the 2018 NFL schedule is officially revealed. However, we now know the dates for five of the San Francisco 49ers' games. The latest dates to be revealed are home matchups against the New York Giants and Denver Broncos, which were reported by Art Stapleton of NorthJersey.com and Ryan Koenigsberg of BSN Denver, respectively.

The game against the Giants is the third known primetime game for the 49ers and the second one on Monday Night Football.

Below are the known 49ers games for 2018:

Week 6:  Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field on Monday, October 15 at 5:15 p.m. PT 
Week 9: Oakland Raiders at Levi's Stadium on Thursday, November 1 at 5:20 p.m. PT
Week 10: New York Giants at Levi's Stadium on Monday, November 12 at 5:15 p.m. PT
Week 12: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday, November 25 at 10:00 a.m. PT
Week 14: Denver Broncos at Levi's Stadium on Sunday, December 9
make that 5 prime-time games:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/4/19/17256692/nfl-schedule-2018-release-time-tv-coverage-online-streaming-leaks-rumors-49ers-news

49ers schedule leaks, rumors

We’ll hear rumors throughout the day, so I’ll drop them in here, along with notable rumors about other games. Here’s what we’ve got so far:

Week 1: @ Vikings
Week 6: @ Packers, Monday Night Football
Week 7: vs. Rams, Sunday Night Football
Week 9: vs. Raiders, Thursday Night Football
Week 10: vs. Giants, Monday Night Football
Week 12: @ Buccaneers
Week 13: @ Seahawks, Sunday Night Football
Week 14: vs. Broncos
Hearing the opener against the Vikings could be a 10 am game.  Will be a tough test to start the year.

Full schedule:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/4/19/17259034/49ers-schedule-2018-dates-opponents-game-times-tickets?utm_campaign=ninersnation&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Here’s the full schedule with times, dates, and TV channels. All times listed are Pacific.

Week 1: @ Minnesota Vikings, 10:00 a.m., FOX, Sunday, September 9
Week 2: vs. Detroit Lions, 1:25 p.m., FOX, Sunday, September 16
Week 3: @ Kansas City Chiefs, 10:00 a.m., FOX, Sunday, September 23
Week 4: @ Los Angeles Chargers, 1:25 p.m., FOX, Sunday, September 30
Week 5: vs. Arizona Cardinals, 1:25 p.m., FOX, Sunday, October 7
Week 6: @ Green Bay Packers, 5:15 p.m., ESPN, Monday, October 15
Week 7: vs. Los Angeles Rams, 5:20 p.m., NBC, Sunday, October 21
Week 8: @ Arizona Cardinals, 1:25 p.m., FOX, Sunday, October 28
Week 9: vs. Oakland Raiders, 5:20 p.m., NFL Network, Thursday, November 1
Week 10: vs. New York Giants, 5:15 p.m., ESPN, Monday, November 12
Week 11: BYE
Week 12: @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 10:00 a.m., FOX, Sunday, November 25
Week 13: @ Seattle Seahawks, 5:20 p.m., NBC, Sunday, December 2
Week 14: vs. Denver Broncos, 1:25 p.m., CBS, Sunday, December 9
Week 15: vs. Seattle Seahawks, 1:25 p.m., FOX, Sunday, December 16
Week 16: vs. Chicago Bears, 1:05 p.m., FOX, Sunday, December 23 (I’m not positive on that time)
Week 17: @ Los Angeles Rams, 1:25 p.m., FOX, Sunday, December 30

Primetime games: Week 6 @ Green Bay Packers (MNF), Week 7 vs. Los Angeles Rams (SNF), Week 9 vs. Oakland Raiders (TNF), Week 10 vs. New York Giants (MNF), Week 13 @ Seattle Seahawks (SNF)
10 am road game to open the year... Only 2 others the rest of the year though,  5 road games in first 8.  Rough start to the year then opens up a bit. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/21/alleged-victim-in-reuben-foster-case-could-be-planning-to-refuse-to-cooperate/

Alleged victim in Reuben Foster case could be planning to refuse to cooperate

Most domestic violence cases ultimately hinge on the willingness of the alleged victim to cooperate. In the case involving 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster, some are speculating that the alleged victim will not be cooperating.

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee reports that the alleged victim in Foster’s case has hired a lawyer. The lawyer, Stephanie Rickard, has confirmed her role, but she declined to say why the alleged victim, Foster’s former girlfriend, has retained counsel.

As Barrows explains it, some victims in domestic violence cases hire lawyers in order to explore and to understand their rights, if they want to not testify or not cooperate with the authorities.

If the alleged victim won’t cooperate, it becomes much more difficult to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt in criminal court, especially if the only witnesses to the incident were the two people involved in it. If the alleged victim in this case refuses to cooperate with the NFL, it becomes virtually impossible to find the player to be in violation of the Personal Conduct Policy.

In Ezekiel Elliott‘s case, the alleged victim submitted to multiple interviews with the league, making it easier for the league to harvest evidence that supported his suspension. If the alleged victim in Foster’s case refuses to speak to the NFL, the NFL will be required to find other evidence of wrongdoing.

It all means that, regardless of guilt or innocence, Foster could end up avoiding both a conviction and a suspension for domestic violence. (He separately faces a felony charge of possessing an illegal assault rifle.) Which could explain why the 49ers have opted not to make any quick decisions about the situation. In the end, there may be nothing that keeps Foster from continuing his NFL career.

So whats your official prediction for our first pick? Will we keep #9 or trade down?

Who's on your wish list?

Interesting about Foster victim. 

I'll be at the draft Friday (Rounds 2 & 3) sporting my Jimmy color rush jersey. 
wow...

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/woman-reuben-foster-case-recants-domestic-violence-claim

The former girlfriend of 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster on Monday said she can prove Foster did not cause her injuries from an alleged February incident in Los Gatos.

Elissa Ennis, the former girlfriend, released a statement through her attorney, Stephanie Rickard, in which she said she can prove Foster was not responsible for her injuries.

“(Foster) did not strike her, injure her or threaten her,” Rickard said in the statement.

Ennis’ injuries were the result of a physical fight with another woman, and that Foster tried to end his relationship with Ennis after he learned of the fight, Rickard said.

There is a video of that fight with another woman, according to Rickard.

“She was extremely upset and told him if he broke up with her she would ‘trash his career,’ ” Rickard said.

So whats your official prediction for our first pick? Will we keep #9 or trade down?

Who's on your wish list?
I would love to see them trade down.  Of course, to trade down, you have to have someone willing to trade up and give you the value you feel the difference is worth, so who knows.  Bills, Dolphins and Cards make the most sense since they all need QBs. 

Assuming they stay at 9 and Nelson or Barkley doesn't fall, I think they take  Smith.  Even if Foster is off the hook now, another potential stud LB would be desirable, especially someone with the speed to cover RBs and go sideline to sideline.

Love Derwin James, but not a position of need, so pass there. Fitzpatrick would be a great pick if they determine he can play outside corner at some point. 

Will be fun to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread