What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2019 San Francisco 49ers thread *** NEW 2020 THREAD LINK INSIDE (1 Viewer)

Chiefs are apparently extremely confident. Independent from my Niners fandom, I really hope that child abuser Tyreek Hill isn’t lifting the trophy tonight.  :X
Hill likes to beat pregnant women as well as kids. He's an equal opportunity abuser. They also have that gem Frank Clark who likes join in on the fun against women. Two POS humans that KC rewarded with big money deals. Tells you a lot about Andy and that organization. Would be great to make them wait another 50+ years. If so, I just hope they don't take out their frustration on the women and children in their lives. Might need to throw the two of them in a cage for a few days to calm down just to be safe.

I think Mahomes is going to be tight and struggle. 

Similar to Marino in his 2nd year vs the 49ers. 

Harbaugh getting coach of the year over Shanahan is a joke. 
It really is. Harbaugh even acknowledged as much. Ravens were in the payoffs last year. He's a cheerleader who doesn't coach either side of the ball. Embarrassing.

Jimmy losing to Tannehill for comeback player is also just as pathetic.

Media hasn't liked/understood this team much of the year so it's not really surprising unfortunately. The slobbering over KC/Mahomes this week has been incredible. Keep hearing about their last 8 games to this point. They played one winning team the last 6 games of the regular season. Mahomes had less than 200 yards a TD and an INT in each LAC game. NE held him to a TD and an INT as well. They faced the 21st and 26th ranked pass defense in the playoffs. They have played a bunch of trash down the stretch. 

Niners are much more battle tested and built to slow KC's offense down. Very winnable for them. Need to get off to a fast start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who.would thought the defense would be the downfall? That 3rd and 15 was the straw.

Oh well. KC has their trophy and the Niners will be a force for years.

See y'all next training camp. 

Mahomes did what most of us expected, but the Niners offense cost them the game in the fourth. Jimmy seemed uncharacteristically rattled tonight. 

great season, though. 

It was the defense that crumbled but whatever. 
Defense had no answers for Mahomes (that was the expected part) but the offense had a chance to ice the game with 6 minutes left and then went three and out. And to a lesser extent, they then had a chance to drive and win at the end and flubbed that too. Can’t blow those chances against Mahomes. Really thought they’d do it too after they’d been manhandling the Chiefs D in the third. 

Defense had no answers for Mahomes (that was the expected part) but the offense had a chance to ice the game with 6 minutes left and then went three and out. And to a lesser extent, they then had a chance to drive and win at the end and flubbed that too. Can’t blow those chances against Mahomes. Really thought they’d do it too after they’d been manhandling the Chiefs D in the third. 
All the D had to do was stop them late in the 4th and they gave up a HUGE play on 3rd and 15.

Not gonna argue, it doesnt matter. Niners are a contender going forward and KC can gloat all offseason.

Later.

Mahomes did what most of us expected, but the Niners offense cost them the game in the fourth. Jimmy seemed uncharacteristically rattled tonight. 

great season, though. 
SFs D is outstanding and deserved better.   Jimmy G is not a top 10 QB, when you are going against who is now the top QB in the NFL you have to make plays.

SFs D is outstanding and deserved better.   Jimmy G is not a top 10 QB
Go back and look at Jimmys numbers all year. You have no clue what you're talking about. The defense gave up a HUGE play on 3rd and 15 that kept the go ahead drive alive. Get a clue.

It sucks to lose the way we did because it confirmed my worst fears... that this team lacked the killer instinct to put away teams in the 4th quarter. You can get away w/ it sometimes, but on the most important stage it cost them a superbowl.  Once again this team had a 2 score lead w/ less than 10 min left and simply let it bleed away waaay too easily. 

Hopefully this goes down as an imoprtant lesson for a young team with much promise... though I'd imagine right now despite being impossible, it's the last thing they wanna think about.

Probably too early to talk about this but I'd already been thinking about it for weeks now... they need to either trade down or take a stud guard in the draft to replace Person. There are way too many occasions where a defensive tackle blows right through the interior of the line to blow up a play.

See y'all in April. 

Tonight was my fault, I wore a differemt hat than I wore every Sunday this season. Sorry.

SFs D is outstanding and deserved better.   Jimmy G is not a top 10 QB, when you are going against who is now the top QB in the NFL you have to make plays.
Tough to make plays with your eyes closed, and he closes them whenever he gets hit, or thinks he is about to.  Or so it appeared to me.  Perhaps I was seeing something that was not there.

All the D had to do was stop them late in the 4th and they gave up a HUGE play on 3rd and 15.

Not gonna argue, it doesnt matter. Niners are a contender going forward and KC can gloat all offseason.

Later.
The 3rd and 15 KC converted was huge. They get a stop there and they are looking good. Still, hard to blame the defense. Essentially 24 points for KC. The last TD was a result of them selling out to stop the first down and then Williams was gone after getting past the LBs. 

Jimmy was OK. He didn’t need to be great, but he needed to be better than OK. Donte Whitner was spot on after the game when he said he missed Kittle wide open multiple times.  Another meathead INT in the first half.  Not sure if he was trying to throw that pass away or not, but either way, a mistake that cost them big. Overthrew Sanders by 5 yards when he was pretty open on the bomb that would have put them back in the lead.  Just didn’t get it done. Had the ball at midfield and plenty of time. No excuses. 

Generally don’t criticize the play calling but sure would have liked to see them feed Kittle. Seemed a match up that they could have exploited. Kind of surprised they passed the ball on 2nd and 5 on the drive after KC cut the lead to 20-17. Seemed like a good spot to keep pounding the ball with Mostert running well. Also, the runs to Deebo we’re gaining big chunks and then they stopped running them. 

Sucks to come up short but a really fun season. Hope they can keep the D-line together as that is the key to their defense.  As much as I would miss Staley, if he retires, they can probably afford to keep Armstead.  

it was a fun thread this year.  See you all for draft talk 

Tough to make plays with your eyes closed, and he closes them whenever he gets hit, or thinks he is about to.  Or so it appeared to me.  Perhaps I was seeing something that was not there.
And Shanahan didn't want to call timeout at the end of the half. Tough to make plays when it's clear your head coach has zero confidence in you as a QB.  It almost paid off though.

The 3rd and 15 KC converted was huge. They get a stop there and they are looking good. Still, hard to blame the defense. Essentially 24 points for KC. The last TD was a result of them selling out to stop the first down and then Williams was gone after getting past the LBs. 

Jimmy was OK. He didn’t need to be great, but he needed to be better than OK. Donte Whitner was spot on after the game when he said he missed Kittle wide open multiple times.  Another meathead INT in the first half.  Not sure if he was trying to throw that pass away or not, but either way, a mistake that cost them big. Overthrew Sanders by 5 yards when he was pretty open on the bomb that would have put them back in the lead.  Just didn’t get it done. Had the ball at midfield and plenty of time. No excuses. 

Generally don’t criticize the play calling but sure would have liked to see them feed Kittle. Seemed a match up that they could have exploited. Kind of surprised they passed the ball on 2nd and 5 on the drive after KC cut the lead to 20-17. Seemed like a good spot to keep pounding the ball with Mostert running well. Also, the runs to Deebo we’re gaining big chunks and then they stopped running them. 

Sucks to come up short but a really fun season. Hope they can keep the D-line together as that is the key to their defense.  As much as I would miss Staley, if he retires, they can probably afford to keep Armstead.  

it was a fun thread this year.  See you all for draft talk 

Bolded is :goodposting:  QB play was the difference. Congrats on a great season though. 

Well in the replays it did look like he winced right before he got  hit.  Jimmy G plays at a higher level last night and SF wins. 

Jimmy G plays at a higher level last night and SF wins. 
Agree here as my earlier post confirms. Game could have gone either way and you have media and fans blaming Jimmy, Shanahan and defensive letdowns for SF losing.  Everyone has an opinion.  One final thought for me. 

I like Mahomes a lot as a player and he seems like a good dude too.  Guy is an amazing talent. Had KC been playing any other team, I would have been rooting for them.  His team ended up winning and that’s all that matters but he didn’t play any better than Jimmy did and based on the media headlines, you would have thought he played the game of his life. 26/42, 286 and two picks.  He also fumbled twice. Luckily for KC, the first went out of bounds and the 2nd was recovered by KC O-lineman.  Could have easily had 4 turnovers.  Plus, Alexander dropped another potential pick that went right through his hands.  

Just shows how easily a narrative on the game and a players performance could change if a couple plays or calls had gone the other way.  Enough blame to go around for the 49ers losing that game. Hate to see Jimmy be the whipping boy for the media.  But I guess that’s sports. Take the bad with the good.  

Agree here as my earlier post confirms. Game could have gone either way and you have media and fans blaming Jimmy, Shanahan and defensive letdowns for SF losing.  Everyone has an opinion.  One final thought for me. 

I like Mahomes a lot as a player and he seems like a good dude too.  Guy is an amazing talent. Had KC been playing any other team, I would have been rooting for them.  His team ended up winning and that’s all that matters but he didn’t play any better than Jimmy did and based on the media headlines, you would have thought he played the game of his life. 26/42, 286 and two picks.  He also fumbled twice. Luckily for KC, the first went out of bounds and the 2nd was recovered by KC O-lineman.  Could have easily had 4 turnovers.  Plus, Alexander dropped another potential pick that went right through his hands.  

Just shows how easily a narrative on the game and a players performance could change if a couple plays or calls had gone the other way.  Enough blame to go around for the 49ers losing that game. Hate to see Jimmy be the whipping boy for the media.  But I guess that’s sports. Take the bad with the good.  

Mahomes did not have his best game either made a couple big plays in the 4th, picked up a big first down with his feet.  That is why I felt it was SFs game to win. 

I like Mahomes, young guy who seems to have it together.  Liked to he seemed so happy for Reid as well.  Nothing against Jimmy G but he seems more like the "Bus driver" type.  I don`t think Jimmy will ever be a top 10 type of QB but with SF running game and defense he does not need to be.

For the first 3 quarters this was correct, but the 4th quarter was brutal:

Mahomes 10/16 141 yds 2 TD 1 INT

Jimmy 3/11 36 yds 1 INT

That's where you get the narratives. When the game was on the line, Mahomes dominated and Jimmy did not.

As far as 2020, a few early thoughts:

-I think Staley retires.  He just seemed done last night. He’s been a great player and it’s probably time. He played decent this year but at age 36 and a high cap number, they could use the money to keep Armstead. 

-Don’t see Sanders coming back either. Seems like he had fun playing here but probably wants to go somewhere he will get more targets. Plus high salary cap number. Just don’t see them paying that much to keep him and don’t see him taking a reduced salary to stay.  Plus Hurd back and hopefully Pettis can put in the work and become a solid player. Talent is there and doesn’t seem they have given up on him for 2020.  That said, I still think the deal to get Sanders was a good choice. Basically the 31st pick in the 3rd and a half round swap in the 4th/5th.  Without him, I doubt they get to the Super Bowl. Had some big games against the Saints and Rams that they lose otherwise. 

-I think Ward is gone too.  Based on his media interview last night, sounded like he will go take the best deal and someone will over pay.  Moore waiting in the wings. Lot of talent and hopefully he can step in. 

Armstead (despite a poor game yesterday) is a priority and they need to extend Buckner and Kittle. Money saved on Staley, Sanders and Ward will go a long way towards that. 

Nothing against Jimmy G but he seems more like the "Bus driver" type.  I don`t think Jimmy will ever be a top 10 type of QB but with SF running game and defense he does not need to be.
Could be right here.  I want to see one more year in the system for Jimmy.  Shanahan’s offense is complex. Due to the injury in 2018, this was his first full year in system.  It’s hard for me to blame Jimmy based on the record the 49ers have produced with him at QB, but he has step up to the next level and stop the meathead turnovers.  The way his contract is structured, they can bail without a big hit. Of course you have to have a better option to come in, so there’s that.  

Always disappointing to lose the big one. Great season, way above expectations. 

Well in the replays it did look like he winced right before he got  hit.  Jimmy G plays at a higher level last night and SF wins. 
They had a 10 point lead with six minutes to go.   

The 49ers deserve blame on both sides of the ball for losing the game.  The defense could have made one or two huge stops as well.

Could be right here.  I want to see one more year in the system for Jimmy.  Shanahan’s offense is complex. Due to the injury in 2018, this was his first full year in system.  It’s hard for me to blame Jimmy based on the record the 49ers have produced with him at QB, but he has step up to the next level and stop the meathead turnovers.  The way his contract is structured, they can bail without a big hit. Of course you have to have a better option to come in, so there’s that.  

Always disappointing to lose the big one. Great season, way above expectations. 
I think Mike Sando raised this in his piece today, but I wonder if it was a little unfair for Shanahan to basically not call any traditional drop back passes for a month plus, and then ask Jimmy to pull a Tom Brady with two minutes left in the super bowl. In hindsight (being 20/20 and all), maybe some more passes in the last couple games would have kept him from getting rusty. 

They had a 10 point lead with six minutes to go.   

The 49ers deserve blame on both sides of the ball for losing the game.  The defense could have made one or two huge stops as well.
That is true but they held KC to 10 points for most of the game.  Eventually KC is going to score and score fast on any defense. If you were told before the game SF would score 20 points do you feel like that would be enough to win?

-I think Staley retires.  He just seemed done last night. He’s been a great player and it’s probably time. He played decent this year but at age 36 and a high cap number, they could use the money to keep Armstead. 

-Don’t see Sanders coming back either. Seems like he had fun playing here but probably wants to go somewhere he will get more targets. Plus high salary cap number. Just don’t see them paying that much to keep him and don’t see him taking a reduced salary to stay.  Plus Hurd back and hopefully Pettis can put in the work and become a solid player. Talent is there and doesn’t seem they have given up on him for 2020.  That said, I still think the deal to get Sanders was a good choice. Basically the 31st pick in the 3rd and a half round swap in the 4th/5th.  Without him, I doubt they get to the Super Bowl. Had some big games against the Saints and Rams that they lose otherwise. 

-I think Ward is gone too.  Based on his media interview last night, sounded like he will go take the best deal and someone will over pay.  Moore waiting in the wings. Lot of talent and hopefully he can step in. 

Armstead (despite a poor game yesterday) is a priority and they need to extend Buckner and Kittle. Money saved on Staley, Sanders and Ward will go a long way towards that. 

Staley was awesome last night. They could probably better allocate his salary elsewhere, but on the other hand, he’s still valuable. 

huge offseason for the front office, having to make tough cap decisions without many draft picks. They won’t be able to bring back everyone, so they really need to identify who is replaceable in the system and who isn’t. Ford is another guy that they need to take a hard look at - he’s great when healthy, but how many snaps can you realistically pencil him in for, and would you rather have those snaps over (presumably) full seasons for a younger guy like Armstead?  

They also need to solidify the interior line as has been noted - Jones had a huge hand in ruining their season last night. And as always, a true #1 WR would be awfully nice. when you don’t have any dominant offensive players, it puts a lot of pressure on Shanahan and everyone on the field to be excellent and precise all the time. They could definitely use a talent that gives them more margin for error on that side of the ball. 

Woke up this morning and had a bit of time to digest this one... I think the bottom line is: 

This team choked. It sounds terrible, but there really is no other word for it. And it's not like one specific player or coach or side of the ball. They were the better team for more than 3 quarters... then everything simply fell apart. I was screaming after the Moore interception that now is the time for Shanahan to dial up his best plays... and instead we got vanilla preseason week 3 play calls. I was screaming when KC had the ball to man up Hill, instead they left him wide open on a soft zone that was supposed to stop the big play. When we needed a big conversion, we got the week 9 seahawks version of Garp and not the 2017 version that turned a 1-10 team around... Perhaps that only unit that did not relent was the D line which harassed Mahomes all night. 

As I had harped on after the week 17 seattle game, this team is still young and doesn't yet have that killer instinct that great teams have. They've repeatedly let teams back into games in the 4th quarter w/ multiple score leads and last night they poked the bear once more and wound up paying the ultimate price.

I'll let the talking heads dissect this performance and attribute blame as they love to do. Hopefully this is a stepping stone to something greater. We've got an awesome squad of young up and coming players and as a fan I'm disappointed, but excited for the road ahead.

Jimmy 3/11 36 yds 1 INT

That's where you get the narratives. When the game was on the line, Mahomes dominated and Jimmy did not.
Yes, the bigger the moment got, the better Mahomes played. It was clearly magic out of his hat time.  Notsomuch for Jimmy.  

That is true but they held KC to 10 points for most of the game.  Eventually KC is going to score and score fast on any defense. If you were told before the game SF would score 20 points do you feel like that would be enough to win?
The Colts beat the Chiefs 19-13 by running the ball 43 times and controlling the clock for 38 minutes.  Certainly there was a blueprint they could have followed to win especially since their defense and run game was better than the Colts this year.

And suggesting that they only scored 20 points because of Garoppolo is bizarre.  The offense relies on a lot of different pieces besides the QB.  Shanahan certainly could have been more aggressive if their feeling was they needed points to win (ie at the end of the first half).  There were a lot of plays that could have changed the outcome of this game and whatever narrative people wanted to spend their Mondays wasting time with (Mahomes losing fumbles, Kittle OPI, 3rd and 15 conversion to Hill etc)

I think Mike Sando raised this in his piece today, but I wonder if it was a little unfair for Shanahan to basically not call any traditional drop back passes for a month plus, and then ask Jimmy to pull a Tom Brady with two minutes left in the super bowl. In hindsight (being 20/20 and all), maybe some more passes in the last couple games would have kept him from getting rusty. 
Maybe, but I don't think it had much to do with it.  Calling pass plays when not needed in playoff games seems kind of stupid.  They had two weeks of practice and he threw plenty this game. Not sure throwing more in a game 2 and 3 weeks ago with a big lead would have mattered in that situation.  He got them to midfield with plenty of time, 2 1/2 minutes and 3 time outs.  The false start right before the two minute warning was horrible.  Almost like they couldn't decide to run a play or not.  

Hated the play calling after the Bourne catch for the 1st down at midfield.  Jimmy throwing quick passes in the middle of the field scares the hell out of me.  Two quick passes to the middle of the field on 1st and 2nd down.  A bomb on 3rd down.  Saunders was open but that's not Jimmy's strength.  Kind of surprised they didn't calls plays to Kittle, Deebo or Samuels on some intermediate routes with time to break open.  

Staley was awesome last night. 
I wasn't implying he played poorly.  Just seemed like he was ready to call it a career after the game.  Even McGlinchey, when questioned if he would try to talk him into coming back, said he wouldn't. Would just leave it up to Joe.  That comment seemed like it had been a topic of discussion between those two.  They seem pretty tight. 

Jimmy 3/11 36 yds 1 INT

No debating Jimmy played like crap the 4th quarter.

Not sure I can agree with Mahomes "dominating" though.  The big play of the game was the 44 yarder to Hill on 3rd and 15.  Was not a good pass but Hill ran an awesome route and was so open, it was completed.  When he first threw the ball, I thought it would be picked, but then you see nobody else around Hill for literally 10 yards. Hill spun Ward around in a circle.  Great route.  Then the PI call on Moore gave them the ball on the 1.  One yard TD pass to a wide open Kelce on play action.  

Having a player like Hill is a huge advantage.  Just opens up the whole offense.  When people were saying that KC should dump Hill before the season started because of the charges against him, you knew that would have been suicide. 

Anyway,  truly not trying to take anything away from Mahomes.  But Hill should have been MVP, because he saved the game on that one play.  Mahomes didn't have a good game.  If the ball bounces the other way on his two fumbles, he is the goat (in a bad way) of the game.  

Agree on all counts. Ward is just too fragile to warrant any serious money and while I've got a soft spot for Staley, it doesn't seem like they lose a lot whenever Brunskill's had to take over for him. I don't think signing Armstead is THAT urgent given that we do have Ford, and I'd like to see DJ Jones get more snaps. Really wish they'd just move on from Solomon Thomas too... he's just a guy at this point and taking up a roster spot from maybe somebody w/ more potential upside.

They really need to upgrade from Person though... he's replacement level talent and the team always seems to struggle in the pass game against teams w/ stud DTs like Donald or Jones last night. Garoppolo is basically a statue these days and any pressure up the middle is a disaster waiting to happen.

The good news is that their positions of weakness aren't typically priorities for teams in the draft, so if they can flip that late 1st into a 2nd and a 3rd I'm all for it.

The Colts beat the Chiefs 19-13 by running the ball 43 times and controlling the clock for 38 minutes.  Certainly there was a blueprint they could have followed to win especially since their defense and run game was better than the Colts this year.

And suggesting that they only scored 20 points because of Garoppolo is bizarre.  The offense relies on a lot of different pieces besides the QB.  Shanahan certainly could have been more aggressive if their feeling was they needed points to win (ie at the end of the first half).  There were a lot of plays that could have changed the outcome of this game and whatever narrative people wanted to spend their Mondays wasting time with (Mahomes losing fumbles, Kittle OPI, 3rd and 15 conversion to Hill etc)
It's a lemming kind of spin.  I agree Jimmy didn't play well, but they gave up on the running game too early.  Even the last drive, they had plenty of time after getting to midfield.  2  1/2 minutes and 3 time outs.  KC playing the pass more at that point.  Coleman and Mostert averaged over 5 YPC and Samual was over 10 (he's a quasi RB in that offense).  Not like KC shut down the running game.  People say Shanahan was too conservative, but you could also argue he should have ran the ball more.

Agree on all counts. Ward is just too fragile to warrant any serious money and while I've got a soft spot for Staley, it doesn't seem like they lose a lot whenever Brunskill's had to take over for him. I don't think signing Armstead is THAT urgent given that we do have Ford, and I'd like to see DJ Jones get more snaps. Really wish they'd just move on from Solomon Thomas too... he's just a guy at this point and taking up a roster spot from maybe somebody w/ more potential upside.

They really need to upgrade from Person though... he's replacement level talent and the team always seems to struggle in the pass game against teams w/ stud DTs like Donald or Jones last night. Garoppolo is basically a statue these days and any pressure up the middle is a disaster waiting to happen.

The good news is that their positions of weakness aren't typically priorities for teams in the draft, so if they can flip that late 1st into a 2nd and a 3rd I'm all for it.
Not a cap expert, but from what I saw on "over the cap", if they cut Thomas, his whole salary goes to dead money.  They could trade him, but it would have to be one of those deals where you give picks to unload him and they don't have any spare picks.  So likely, he will be on the roster another year.  Hopefully, I just misunderstand that and they can cut him loose and use the money elsewhere.

Agree on moving out of the first.  Pick 31 has good trade value, even moving down a few spots into the early 2nd.  5th year option is a big deal.  Would make sense unless someone they really want drops to them there.

Not sure I can agree with Mahomes "dominating" though.  The big play of the game was the 44 yarder to Hill on 3rd and 15.  Was not a good pass but Hill ran an awesome route and was so open, it was completed.  When he first threw the ball, I thought it would be picked, but then you see nobody else around Hill for literally 10 yards. Hill spun Ward around in a circle.  Great route.  Then the PI call on Moore gave them the ball on the 1.  One yard TD pass to a wide open Kelce on play action.  
This one goes on both Andy Reid and Mahomes. They ran that exact play earlier in the game but the niners defended it well. That play (and almost all of Reid's pass plays) have several routes that can branch off of a single set up.

So Mahomes went to Reid later in the game and said he wanted to run that play again, but then have Hill break to the outside instead of continuing in like he had before. They ran the play, and the niners defense bit on that inside route just like before, but Hill then broke it outside.

You are right - that played saved the Chiefs season. And the thing is - the Chiefs converted 3rd and long so many times this season. They are used to that down and distance - I think because defenses tend to relax just a tick in those scenarios.

My point is I don't think the niners did anything glaringly wrong - they were just against a coach on the other side who pays attention and doesn't give up until the end. Add Mahomes into that mix and it's a tough combo to defend for 60 minutes.

The niners smoked us for 3.5 quarters. But the Chiefs never gave up. 

think you guys had the best overall team, However Mahomes is the best player and can kill anyone at any given time and no lead is safe.

Weird play calling didn't help.
Agree.  Mahomes is the best and most exciting QB in football.  That's why I think criticizing the 49er defense yesterday was unjustified.  Holding the Chiefs to 24 points (not gonna count the last TD against the D when they were selling out to stop a first down and Williams broke containment) was pretty impressive when you consider the Chiefs ran 76 plays. 

Anyway,  truly not trying to take anything away from Mahomes.  But Hill should have been MVP, because he saved the game on that one play.  Mahomes didn't have a good game.  If the ball bounces the other way on his two fumbles, he is the goat (in a bad way) of the game.  
It will be lost to history, but KC recovering both of those QB fumbles was pretty lucky and swung the game and narrative. 

It will be lost to history, but KC recovering both of those QB fumbles was pretty lucky and swung the game and narrative. 
Richie James almost lost the ball on his first punt return.  But I believe the fumble recovery rate is a little over 50% so the 49ers probably should have been expected to recover one of them.

Why do you think everyone hates the niners?  Between this and your thread title it seems odd.   What am I missing?
Wingnut is a diehard and it's a tough loss.  I don't think he really thinks that.  Just one troller in particular is creating that narrative in this time of frustration of losing a super bowl they had a good grasp on and let get away.

I get it.  

Users who are viewing this thread