What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Tough way to go out. Magic finally gone. (4 Viewers)

No one here cares what you think

You still think Dallas is one of the best teams in the nfc.  Gtfo

Foles is better than dak prescott
DANG

while I agree with football jones somewhat. The league probably wont pay top dollar for Foles, and I think that's fine for the Eagles, the rest of the league is dumb and they wouldn't tailor their offense to him. like the Eagles have. 

Foles is unlikely to bring a significant pick so I can’t see the Eagles moving him with Wentz’ status in question.

It would also be tough to get a top backup to replace Foles. Those guys (like McCown), typically want to go somewhere they have a chance to start. Foles played better than many people thought, but it’s the wrong year to be shopping a guy like him with Cousins on the market along with several other decent QBs who might be available as well as the best rookie class in quite awhile.

For those reasons, I can’t see Foles going anywhere. One of those situations where it’s probably best for the Eagles to sit on him next season. Maybe move Foles at the trade deadline if Wentz is fully recovered & playing well. That said, it probably makes sense for Philly to play it safe & keep him considering what they would likely be able to get in return.

Interesting situation for you guys.
:goodposting:

With a QB, you never know what someone will offer you. Like when the Vikings offered a 1st and 4th for Bradford. But with Wentz's injury and Foles under contract with a reasonable back-up salary, I think the Eagles end up keeping him. Or someone makes them a ridiculous offer, and the Eagles take advantage.

You sure do like to stereotype 
Eh, you're probably right here. There are a few eagles fans that post in this thread that don't do that.

Now, have you ever read a single post like the one I quoted in any other team thread on this board ever? I haven't. But Ive been reading them in this thread all season

Eh, you're probably right here. There are a few eagles fans that post in this thread that don't do that.

Now, have you ever read a single post like the one I quoted in any other team thread on this board ever? I haven't. But Ive been reading them in this thread all season
Then stop reading the thread, “skin as tough as tires guy.” 

Then stop reading the thread, “skin as tough as tires guy.” 

My skin is fine. I enjoy a few posters opinions in here

Just pointing out the ridiculousness of the rest.

This is FBGs, not an Eagles forum. If certain fans of the Eagles don't want anyone else posting in "their thread" maybe they should find an Eagles board

My skin is fine. I enjoy a few posters opinions in here

Just pointing out the ridiculousness of the rest.

This is FBGs, not an Eagles forum. If certain fans of the Eagles don't want anyone else posting in "their thread" maybe they should find an Eagles board
I don’t think your skin is fine. I think you’re crying big old salty tears in here. If some posters bother you- avoid them.

i enjoy all opinions in here, and I’m just pointing out the ridiculousness of you coming into an Eagles’ thread to throw shade on Eagles’ fans, and acting like you’re not trolling. 

This is FBGs, not “safe space for every trolling Cowboy fan”. If you don’t want to get called out by the people you set out to intentionally annoy, step off.

I don’t think your skin is fine. I think you’re crying big old salty tears in here. If some posters bother you- avoid them.

i enjoy all opinions in here, and I’m just pointing out the ridiculousness of you coming into an Eagles’ thread to throw shade on Eagles’ fans, and acting like you’re not trolling. 

This is FBGs, not “safe space for every trolling Cowboy fan”. If you don’t want to get called out by the people you set out to intentionally annoy, step off.
You're entitled to your opinion. 

What makes this thread lame is that ANYONE that has an opinion different from yours is told "we don't want you here...GTFO!!!!!!!!"

It's a fantasy football message board for Christ's sake. Grow up

What makes this thread lame is that ANYONE that has an opinion different from yours is told "we don't want you here...GTFO!!!!!!!!"

I think you’re taking need2know’s post a little too seriously. I don’t mind you or FootballJones or whomever posting in this thread. But, when you have a history of trolling Eagles’ fans, you have to expect a little pushback. And you harping on the pushback adds nothing to the discussion.

I don’t mind a little friendly smack talk, either, but let’s not muck up the thread with nonsense. 

The fact that Foles can depart in FA next offseason and likely fetch his team a compensatory late 3rd in the following draft, I can see some team offering at least that much in a kick the tires type scenario. If he plays great, sign him to an extension. If it doesn’t work out let him walk and get the comp pick. Conversely the Eagles would be foolish to accept anything less than a 3 under that same premise.

2 weeks later and I still can't believe it. My buddy asked the other day if there's been any morning since the game that I've woken up and thought, "Wow! They did it!" I told him its my 1st thought every morning since the game and I think about it multiple times a day. 

I can't believe how great this feeling is... I saw the Phils win in '80 so '08 wasn't as huge as this. Hope to see great things from the Sixers soon and the Flyers, well... who knows with them. 

I think I'm gonna watch the game again. Happy 2 week anniversary everyone! 

The fact that Foles can depart in FA next offseason and likely fetch his team a compensatory late 3rd in the following draft, I can see some team offering at least that much in a kick the tires type scenario. If he plays great, sign him to an extension. If it doesn’t work out let him walk and get the comp pick. Conversely the Eagles would be foolish to accept anything less than a 3 under that same premise.
Do we get a compensatory pick with the whole "contact voiding" thing he has going on?  I'm not sure of the details, it's weird to have a 5 yr deal voiding like that, right?

2019-2021 years automatically void if on the roster 23 days before the 2019 league year.  I'm guessing that was just to spread out the cap hit for 2017 - I don't know if it counts toward comp picks though.

Sorry if you don't like us calling out pot shots when you see them. Sorry if we call you out for trolling when theres a history of trolling from a certain group of posters. Maybe other teams threads allow it but we don't. You might want to take a look in the mirror first. 

2 weeks later and I still can't believe it. My buddy asked the other day if there's been any morning since the game that I've woken up and thought, "Wow! They did it!" I told him its my 1st thought every morning since the game and I think about it multiple times a day. 

I can't believe how great this feeling is... I saw the Phils win in '80 so '08 wasn't as huge as this. Hope to see great things from the Sixers soon and the Flyers, well... who knows with them. 

I think I'm gonna watch the game again. Happy 2 week anniversary everyone! 
It really is awesome, a lot of long years leading up to this epic season. What a way to win it. I’m still pumped to see Wentz and his career take off, hope we have a special squad with him and Pederson leading us for the next decade. 

Sorry if you don't like us calling out pot shots when you see them. Sorry if we call you out for trolling when theres a history of trolling from a certain group of posters. Maybe other teams threads allow it but we don't. You might want to take a look in the mirror first. 
I guess it's good that we are online instead of in person. At least we don't have to dodge full beer bottles right?

I guess it's good that we are online instead of in person. At least we don't have to dodge full beer bottles right?
Hey everyone, look who's still obsessed with the Eagles. LOL  Those two playoff wins in 22 years really have you on full tilt, huh?  Shouldn't you be on a Cowboys board somewhere discussing which college prospects have the best chance of facing future criminal prosecution?   :towelwave: :lmao:

Eagles head coach Doug Pederson will interview Duce Staley and Mike Groh for vacant offensive coordinator position Monday, per source. espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

JuniorNB said:
Hey everyone, look who's still obsessed with the Eagles. LOL  Those two playoff wins in 22 years really have you on full tilt, huh?  Shouldn't you be on a Cowboys board somewhere discussing which college prospects have the best chance of facing future criminal prosecution?   :towelwave: :lmao:
Cowboys board and a Dodgers one and Golden State one and whoever wins the Stanley’s cup one :lmao:

Eagles head coach Doug Pederson will interview Duce Staley and Mike Groh for vacant offensive coordinator position Monday, per source. espn.com/espn/now?nowId…
We want Duce here right? Don’t ever remember Groh being inspiring back to his UVA days but having bothered to follow him. 

Cowboysfan8 said:
Hey look he's still salty about the Eagles winning. Should we remind him our TE has more pass attempts and more Passing TDs in a Super Bowl then Presscott and Romo combined

We want Duce here right? Don’t ever remember Groh being inspiring back to his UVA days but having bothered to follow him. 
I honestly don’t know. Stuff I’ve been reading leaves me with the impression Duce hasn’t been that involved in game planning situational plays, which would be a huge part of his responsibilities as OC. Supposedly, Stout has had more influence on the actual running game plays. 

I love Duce, but I wonder if Groh is more qualified. Doesn’t matter... I have no idea and really trust Doug and them to get it right. 

Are you thinking of al groh?  Mike was only a coordinator there (but maybe you follow those things closely...)

i don't know about him as OC necessarily, but I think he did a great job this year.  

Are you thinking of al groh?  Mike was only a coordinator there (but maybe you follow those things closely...)

i don't know about him as OC necessarily, but I think he did a great job this year.  
If you can get Nelson Agholor to catch a football I think you deserve an opportunity. NA looked like there was no hope for him after his first few yrs here. The dude overall did a hell of a job with those WRs 

Hey look he's still salty about the Eagles winning. Should we remind him our TE has more pass attempts and more Passing TDs in a Super Bowl then Presscott and Romo combined
He's just lashing out. He's a sad, desperate man. There are only five teams in the entire league with less playoff wins than Dallas in the last twenty years.  They are Cleveland Browns bad in the last two decades. Eagles have 13 wins in that time period. He pops his head into our thread then takes an absolutely pounding. Since the Eagles can beat up on anyone for a few months, Cowboysfan08 has become our punching bag.  I hope he never stops popping in.  :towelwave:

This team just keeps finding more ways to love them!!!!

"As the Eagles cleaned out their lockers at the NovaCare Complex on Wednesday, there was an impromptu autograph trade show between the players. Almost every player had a helmet or jersey they wanted signed by each of their teammates. Beau Allen was rounding up signatures for a signed jersey he'll deliver to diehard Eagles fan Miles Teller. There are worse movie ideas than a buddy comedy between Teller and Allen. “500 Miles to Beau” is a sellable working title."

I was watching some of the interviews after the SB. Did anyone catch Lurie's pot shot at Jeff Fisher when talking about Foles? He basically said I don't think anyone could've successfully coached and QBd that team 

Is Mike Al's son?
Al is Mike's first name it's Albert Micheal Groh. His father is Al who was the HC of the Jets in 2000 when he hired his son who apparently everyone calls mike. He's Albert III though. Here's Albert Micheal AKA Mike Groh's coaching career after leaving the Jets. 

Virginia (2001–2002)
Wide receivers coach

Virginia (2003)
Wide receivers/Quarterbacks coach

Virginia (2004–2005)
Quarterbacks coach

Virginia (2006–2008)
Offensive coordinator

Alabama (2009)
Graduate assistant

Louisville (2010)
Quarterbacks coach

Alabama (2011–2012)
Wide receivers coach

Chicago Bears (2013–2015)
Wide receivers coach

Los Angeles Rams (2016)
Wide receivers coach

Philadelphia Eagles (2017–present)
Wide receivers coach

Yeah unfortunately I’ve had to watch some UVA football. He probably is the better bet, I don’t even know how long he’s been with us? Man he was average in college but can’t complain about our offense last year so either guy promoted internally is probably best. 

Anyone is really just clipboard holding for Pederson. Both guys are obviously good with the players but who he picks really makes little difference other than they'll be the first taken next year.

Anyone is really just clipboard holding for Pederson. Both guys are obviously good with the players but who he picks really makes little difference other than they'll be the first taken next year.
i think one area that sets Deuce apart is his ability to work with players and the love players have for him. that whole "player's coach" idea. It is pretty apparent with how he is talked about, and the ability to make all of the RBs happy and not be distractions with sharing the load is impressive and can't be taken for granted

I believe this is true on gameday, but Reich was involved in the game plan and play design from what I've heard.

Yeah unfortunately I’ve had to watch some UVA football. He probably is the better bet, I don’t even know how long he’s been with us? Man he was average in college but can’t complain about our offense last year so either guy promoted internally is probably best. 
This was Groh's first year with us.  Greg Lewis was the WR coach last year.

Didinger has mentioned a few times about watching practice and how Groh is so hands-on and really explains what needs to be done and is very no nonsense about it.

He's just lashing out. He's a sad, desperate man. There are only five teams in the entire league with less playoff wins than Dallas in the last twenty years.  They are Cleveland Browns bad in the last two decades. Eagles have 13 wins in that time period. He pops his head into our thread then takes an absolutely pounding. Since the Eagles can beat up on anyone for a few months, Cowboysfan08 has become our punching bag.  I hope he never stops popping in.  :towelwave:
If you could scrape up some new material, you'd be just adorable!

I think the Eagles have the luxury of going BPA in the draft, but I’d really like to see a young, impact player at LB.

I love Jordan Hicks, but his injury history makes me cringe. All we have backing him up is Najee Goode or Joe Walker. Goode is a decent ST player, but not a starting MIKE. Walker is coming off his own set of injuries, and jury is still out on how good he can be.

OLB- We are either losing Bradham or Kendricks this year, I bet. I think Bradham’s the value because he did really well stepping up when Hicks went down. Behind them, we got Nate Gerry and Kamu Grugier-Hill.

who are the top LBs in this draft? Anybody that fits Schwartz’s scheme?

We want the best coach promoted. But best coach implies different things and it’s rather apparent here. Groh seems to be better at X & O’s, Staley likely better at connecting with his players. Best to Doug, it’s a quandary but a great one to have after winning a Super Bowl and losing multiple offensive coaches.

We want the best coach promoted. But best coach implies different things and it’s rather apparent here. Groh seems to be better at X & O’s, Staley likely better at connecting with his players. Best to Doug, it’s a quandary but a great one to have after winning a Super Bowl and losing multiple offensive coaches.
Make Duce OC and Groh QB coach.

Let Groh do the DeFilippo thing scheme-wise and Duce do more of the overall game plan and rhythm, which I guess he has shown a propensity for with the way he shuffles the RBs.  

Make Duce OC and Groh QB coach.

Let Groh do the DeFilippo thing scheme-wise and Duce do more of the overall game plan and rhythm, which I guess he has shown a propensity for with the way he shuffles the RBs.  
I’d have no problem with it. Reich was somewhat nondescript. 

Users who are viewing this thread