What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL 2018 Training Camp & Preseason: News & Tidbits Thread (1 Viewer)

Stopped reading when he said Hill's going to bust. Then cited his lack of usage in the redzone. Didn't Alex Smith go 594 days without throwing a TD pass to a WR? Is it to much to ask if maybe just maybe Alex Smith was the problem? 

594 days. 

******EDIT*******

Ok i lied. I read a little more. Then on his break out list he has Mahomes breaking out. Lolol how can Mahomes break out dude if you're not going to use the #1 deep threat in the league? Oh let me guess Sammy "i haven't done anything in two years" is going to magically turn into an amazing receiver. 

These guys don't even study anything. They just write whatever pops in their minds. 
we get it, you're an owner of Hill in a dynasty league, correct? you've mentioned 594 days without a pass to a WR. got it.

what you've failed to notice is that Hill's numbers come off of a CAREER year for Alex Smith..are you're betting that a first year starter at QB - Mahomes - will do better than Smith? 

you *might* get more TD passes to the WRs, but I can assure you , you will get 3X as many INTs as Smith..that's right, I'm saying Mahomes will throw AT LEAST 15 INTs. heck, he already threw 15 INTs in training camp practices ! as a result, you're going to see a huge dropoff in passing yards, in offensive time of possession, etc. the Chiefs will have to do more with less , using a first-time starter ..

I know you're optimistic about Hill but 2017 was probably a high-water mark, the Chiefs offense is due a serious regression due to an inexperienced QB flinging the ball like he's Favre 2.0..there WILL be growing pains. and PFF has also run a few stories about Mahomes being pretty much int-prone in college..

when he does start tossing INTs, does Reed go to a more conservative approach, i.e., TE pass plays, more rushing from Ware/Hunt? I think so.

Vegas expects KC to take a MAJOR step back this season, 7.5 win O/u. 

Hill will be a bust relative to ADP because of the uncertainty of the QB throwing him the ball, and the fact that he accomplished last years stats on the back of a guy who had a career year. there a regression due simply to the fact that Mahomes is going to be a drive-killing, INT/turnover machine - because he's a first year starter..growing pains are coming. 

How much money do you want to bet that Mahomes won't go 594 days without a TD to a receiver unless he's injured or out of the league. I'm willing to bet a lot he won't go that long.
Regardless.  Implying there is an upgrade at the QB position here is a huge stretch.  Highly doubtful Mahomes is going to equal Smith's production last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
we get it, you're an owner of Hill in a dynasty league, correct? you've mentioned 594 days without a pass to a WR. got it.

what you've failed to notice is that Hill's numbers come off of a CAREER year for Alex Smith..are you're betting that a first year starter at QB - Mahomes - will do better than Smith? 

you *might* get more TD passes to the WRs, but I can assure you , you will get 3X as many INTs as Smith..that's right, I'm saying Mahomes will throw AT LEAST 15 INTs. heck, he already threw 15 INTs in training camp practices ! as a result, you're going to see a huge dropoff in passing yards, in offensive time of possession, etc. the Chiefs will have to do more with less , using a first-time starter ..

I know you're optimistic about Hill but 2017 was probably a high-water mark, the Chiefs offense is due a serious regression due to an inexperienced QB flinging the ball like he's Favre 2.0..there WILL be growing pains. and PFF has also run a few stories about Mahomes being pretty much int-prone in college..

when he does start tossing INTs, does Reed go to a more conservative approach, i.e., TE pass plays, more rushing from Ware/Hunt? I think so.

Vegas expects KC to take a MAJOR step back this season, 7.5 win O/u. 

Hill will be a bust relative to ADP because of the uncertainty of the QB throwing him the ball, and the fact that he accomplished last years stats on the back of a guy who had a career year. there a regression due simply to the fact that Mahomes is going to be a drive-killing, INT/turnover machine - because he's a first year starter..growing pains are coming. 
I stopped reading when you implied INT's will be bad for Tyreek Hill's FF prospects. Enjoy the season. 

I was listening to Jeff Ratcliffe on satellite radio this morning and when he had Adam Caplan on, Adam said that Shelton Gibson has been the star of training camp similar to what Nelson Agholor did last year.

In my OCD obsession to bring these types of news snippets to the Shark Pool, I filed it away only to finally post it now.

Eagles WR Shelton Gibson caught 2-of-4 targets for 28 yards in Thursday's preseason game against the Browns.

Gibson is now up to nine grabs for 195 yards and a pair of scores this summer. Gibson's impressive preseason comes on the heels of a strong offseason. He's closing in on a roster spot after making five appearances as a fifth-round rookie last season.

Aug 24 - 12:22 AM

Users who are viewing this thread