What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (1 Viewer)

trustworthy? is that the right word?

I think *in general* the expectation is Biden will do better in the mail in portion, Trump better with votes cast today

not region specific, just get the sense they expect Trump's numbers to improve as votes get tallied tonight

in the coming days, expect Biden's numbers to improve in those states who (unlike NC & OH) couldn't start tallying until this morning
this is going to vary state by state

FL is already called for Trump but it looks like Biden did quite well in same day voting in a lot of counties (e.g, no worse than Clinton 2016)

trustworthy? is that the right word?

I think *in general* the expectation is Biden will do better in the mail in portion, Trump better with votes cast today

not region specific, just get the sense they expect Trump's numbers to improve as votes get tallied tonight

in the coming days, expect Biden's numbers to improve in those states who (unlike NC & OH) couldn't start tallying until this morning
Moreso that the leads may not be trusted. Agree with all your points.

North Carolina

Candidate Votes Percent

Joe Biden (Democratic) 1,916,633 54.1%

*Donald J. Trump (Republican) 1,590,112 44.9%

Jo Jorgensen (Libertarian) 26,472 0.7%

Howie Hawkins (Green) 7,281 0.2%

Don Blankenship (Constitution) 4,350 0.1%

*Incumbent

Votes counted: 3,544,848. We estimate this is 63.5% of the total vote.
update

Candidate Votes Percent

Joe Biden (Democratic) 2,078,292 52.8%

*Donald J. Trump (Republican) 1,814,519 46.1%

Jo Jorgensen (Libertarian) 30,132 0.8%

Howie Hawkins (Green) 8,009 0.2%

Don Blankenship (Constitution) 4,888 0.1%

*Incumbent

Votes counted: 3,935,840. We estimate this is 70.5% of the total vote.

slightly closer now

Rove is fantastic on these counties. Keep the politics out and just give the county info Karl. If he does that, fantastic. 
I actually like Rove and think he's pretty informative.  He's been doing that for awhile and aside from his Romney 2012 implosion (which probably was warranted) he's been pretty on point on his "night of" coverage.  

Bold statement by John King. OH goes blue Trump is done. Not so sure.
If he loses OH then wouldn't he have to retain either MI or WI? 
If Trump loses OH then he'll have to retain MI or WI in addition to AZ and PA. (And that's assuming that he wins FL/GA/NC/IA/TX/etc.)

Or.....he could lose MI/WI but still squeak by if he gets AZ and PA and somehow flips NV and NH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moreso that the leads may not be trusted. Agree with all your points.
right, and I think as they are get returns in they are trying to set expectations

like when we get to Michigan, whatever Biden's lead is in Wayne County, know that it will keep creeping higher all night. the precincts where the poors vote take longer to report. the early returns from more affluent precincts favor Republicans. Biden needs 70% in Wayne County but early on if he's around 60% that should be OK. it will only go higher.

59% for Biden compared to 55% for Hillary in San Antonio.  That's a good sign for non-cuban hispanic democratic support.   

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
I love John King.  On a partisan channel, he does a good job of just giving the stats.  
Agreed.  He is one of the few talking heads the cable news channels drags out on Election night that doesn't make me want to put my foot through the TV Jack Butler-style.

I'm surprised that Biden has such a large lead in PA.  I thought that Trump would be leading early big in all swing states where they don't start counting absentee ballots until polls close.

as expected, Arkansas called for Trump

8:54 pm RECAP

BIDEN - 63

DC (3)
DE (3)
IL (20)
MA (11)
MD (10)
VA (13)
VT (3)

TRUMP - 96

AL -  9
AR - 6
FL - 29
IN - 11
KY - 8
MO - 10
OK - 7
TN - 11
WV - 5

ONLY BATTLEGROUND STATE CALLED SO FAR IS FL

I'm surprised that Biden has such a large lead in PA.  I thought that Trump would be leading early big in all swing states where they don't start counting absentee ballots until polls close.
When early results are heavily in Biden's favor, it's usually because a mass of early voting landed.  Then Trump chips away at that lead with ED voting.

As an example, Biden has a 300k lead in Ohio.  I'd bet the house that margin slowly shrinks all night.  Enough for Trump to win? Not sure.  But I'd bet all the early voting is practically in and the ED voting is heavily Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: JAA
The NYT is basically projecting FL, GA and NC all to Trump at this point. According to FiveThirtyEight, that essentially makes the election a tossup

Just a reminder that the Florida results are not the end of the world. If Biden holds all the states for 2016 and wins back Michigan and Wisconsin which are likely he only needs to win one more state of:

Georgia

Arizona

Pennsylvania

Ohio

North Carolina

Not all of them, just one. Florida is disappointing but so far it’s the only place Biden seems to be underperforming Trump. That’s without even considering Texas.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ned

Users who are viewing this thread