What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (2 Viewers)

Yeah I’d pound Biden if he’s over +200. 
Yeah. The returns haven't been great for him but honestly I didn't expect he'd get those southern states. Putting up a good fight in Ohio which bodes well for the other midwestern swing states.

I've never bet on this stuff before but I'm staring at Biden +250 on sportsbetting.ag and I don't think I can turn it down.

Was CNN putting Incumbent next to Trump's picture all night? I just now noticed it. It's really dumb. We know who the president is.

$100 million spent to try and defeat Lindsey Graham and another $100 million spent to try and take out McConnell. Both declared easy winners the moment their states' polls closed. What a colossal waste of money. This needs to be fixed.
Does it all go to local TV networks?  Printing shops?  Always wondered where the trickle down end points were.  

85% of the vote in my state of AZ was by mail. Nothing counted yet. Weird. 
Arizona

Most votes should be counted on election night, but full results may take a few days. Early and absentee votes cast by the weekend before the election should be pre-counted and those results are expected to be released shortly after 10 p.m. Eastern (the earliest time results can be reported in Arizona, under state law). Election Day votes are also expected to be announced on election night. Together, these two categories are expected to constitute the vast majority of Arizona’s total votes. However, absentee ballots received at the last minute will not be reported until perhaps Thursday or Friday. So if it’s a close race, we might have to wait for those last few ballots before knowing who won.

Does it all go to local TV networks?  Printing shops?  Always wondered where the trickle down end points were.  
That's a great question, I imagine TV networks are the biggest beneficiary. I just know it could be used a whole lot better.

All these shows are showing Biden with won states when he has less than 40% of a state's vote. Trump has to be 20% ahead with 90% in before they give the state to Trump. Comical to say the least. I expect Virginia, Maine etc do go to Biden, but he is not winning those races right now.
Are you suggesting that the networks are showing bias (not shocking considering....) or just being extremely careful with the swing states? I

538 contributors on their live updates page talking about how hard it is to do polls these days with only getting a 2-3% response rate. Ouch. 

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
Per John King regarding Ohio:

For Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden to win the competitive state of Ohio, which leans a little Republican, he needs to “run it up in urban areas,” CNN’s John King said as the votes come in.

“That would be Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Akron, Toledo and Youngstown," King said.

Cuyahoga County, which includes Cleveland: “This has to be [the Democrats’] foundation — largest county in the state. About 11% of the vote when you are all done,” King explained.

Youngstown: Both Biden and Trump have tried to court the blue collar demographic here. But this could be a test for Biden, King said. Hillary Clinton “just barely won this,” he noted. “One of the things [Biden] says he can do is that unlike Hillary Clinton, he can win Trump voters, he can win blue collar, traditional Democrats, who left the Party to go for Donald Trump.”

Columbus: “It’s the state capital, it’s unions, it’s African Americans,” King explains.

Jemele Hill

@jemelehill

If Trump wins re-election, it’s on white people. No one else.
She blaming all the white folks in Milwaukee Co WI?  Trump is way overperforming 2016 there.  Trump has done the unthinkable for a Republican if this holds, he is trading white suburban votes for minority votes.

Agree it is up for grabs.  Just reporting what I heard since thought was interesting.  Columbus is at 60% and Cuyahoga at like 55%.  Lots of Dem votes there.  It is going to be really close.
There is quite a bit more blue in those urban counties vs 4 years ago. Is it enough is a different question. 

Even if Biden wins, I'm extremely disappointed in America tonight. After the huge failures of the last four years,  it appears voters still care more about party than country. Sigh.
no, voters still can't stand career politicians.  That's why he won last and and again this time.  The "sigh" is that democrats can't see this.

I didnt vote for either again.  And would have voted blue if the candidate was any good at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread