What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (2 Viewers)

What happened in GA?  NYT needles just flipped from 85% Trump to 63% Biden lean.
I'm assuming a number of the votes from the Atlanta area came in. 

NYT just leaned Georgia to Biden 
Georgia

*Donald J. Trump (Republican) 2,157,607 53.1%

Joe Biden (Democratic) 1,852,220 45.6%

Jo Jorgensen (Libertarian) 49,769 1.2%

*Incumbent

Votes counted: 4,059,596. We estimate this is 81.0% of the total vote.

I don't know the underlying story here; GA had a lot of early mail in voting in ATL. When was is counted? 

:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
All coming down to Detroit and Philly
I live in a suburb of Philly, mailed my vote in two weeks back.  Sorry if mine is one of the ones waiting.  As someone who drives all the place I see roughly 80-90% Biden signs and billboards throughout the Philly region.

NYT just needed something to keep their website clicks up.  People want to go to bed and they just kept 10 million to stay up another hour.  

Faithless elector voting for Biden would be a textbook example of why we have the electoral college procedure. To protect the educated from the uneducated masses.
You have to admit it would be ironic given in this scenario Biden would actually also have the raw popular vote advantage that the Electoral College system was built to “protect” the country from. 

update for the 9 states called  

so far, just safe and likely states called + Florida + Ohio + NE district 2 + Texas

all 3 Battleground states have gone for Trump

no state has flipped from pre-election polling

AFTER MIDNIGHT RECAP

BIDEN - 210

TRUMP - 145

AP has called Hawaii and Minnesota for Biden.

Georgia

when to expect election results:

Should be relatively quick. Counties were allowed to start processing absentee ballots on Oct. 19, and only ballots mailed from overseas may arrive after Nov. 3. “For races that aren’t too close, we’ll have those results” on election night, the secretary of state told WSB-TV. “For the races that are very, very close, we believe that we’ll have them by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.”
Still don't know what's up. It's possible Cobb County (GA) is the bulk of the remaining vote to be counted. Not sure.

Biden is winning AZ but it is too early to call
Yeah this is the local news sentiment. Apparently 500k still out there. Biden with a sizable lead though and much of those votes are from Maricopa. I assume those will favor Trump, but he's gotta take it like 4-1 which seems statistically improbable. 

AP has called Hawaii and Minnesota for Biden.
thanks

no net change, those are as expected

I'm going to stay consistent and keep updating from the same source I have all night

try to do one every half hour but skipped one to do that road to 270

will update again around 12:50ish

And before people take that wrong, this is an almost historic divide between the educated and those without college degrees, and their support is as you would imagine. 
Careful, edging towards that condescending ivory tower liberal behavior you despise, rock*

*all in good fun, just couldn’t resist the joke when you posted this so soon after your earlier posts on the topic

According to Josh Jordan, Fox is retracting the Arizona call.  ETA, he just deleted that tweet so he may have gotten some bad info.

Further update on AZ: Fox decision desk folks said earlier they are combining their exit polls with actual results to make their calls. 

This is patently absurd. The only thing that counts is the ballots not their polls. This a means of manipulating the outcome of this election.
Polls have been closed there :shrug:  

I live in a suburb of Philly, mailed my vote in two weeks back.  Sorry if mine is one of the ones waiting.  As someone who drives all the place I see roughly 80-90% Biden signs and billboards throughout the Philly region.
I live in the city.  No Biden signs anywhere. 

Giving up on the county by county (lol), if you compare Trump '20 to Trump '16 he is +3.5 in IL, +2.5 in IN, Even in OH.   Of course, they are still counting in all of those states and it seems like people don't know what's out as far as mail in or in person, etc. - but safe to say there doesn't appear to be a big swing in the rust belt states already counted. 

Given the giant amount of uncertainty around what's outstanding in WI, MI, and PA, I think anyone who claims to know how they are going to break is delusional.  I think I'm going to bed  <_<

PA former Governor Rendell just came on ABC and said they are seeing huge record turn outs in the 5 county area which makes up 40% of PA votes.  Says when it’s done on Friday Biden carries it by 3pts.  

Users who are viewing this thread