What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (3 Viewers)

AP says Biden with an 8% lead with 74% of precincts reporting in AZ. I guess it depends on where the outstanding votes are. Anyone know if Maricopa County (Phoenix metro) is finished counting yet?
They dropped all the mail in votes and a good chunk of the rest 2 hours ago and nothing since. I believe Maricopa is 75% in.

269-269 tie goes into the House of Representatives if there are no faithless electors.

Donovan McNabb, is that you? JK, Jux. I only know because I was once a dork.
So that means Biden with the house holding right?
If it goes to the House, then each state gets just 1 vote, which would be determined by whichever party has the most reps in that state.

Right now, Republicans have the majority of Reps in 26 states, with Democrats having 23 states. And Pennsylvania, of course, is tied.

If the Dems can "flip" 2 states in today's elections, then they would control a House vote for President. But if they can only flip 1.5 states, or if multiple states end up with an equal number of R/D Representatives, then the House vote could end up in a stalemate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uneducated voters broke heavily for Trump. That is not a debatable point, really. A faithless elector casting a vote for Biden would be the exact check on popular democracy the Founders foresaw.
Such a different world that the Founders envisioned. I mean, for them only landowners could vote.

AP says Biden with an 8% lead with 74% of precincts reporting in AZ. I guess it depends on where the outstanding votes are. Anyone know if Maricopa County (Phoenix metro) is finished counting yet?
Saw this on twitter: 

54,000 Election Day votes reporting in AZ. Trump winning 61% of them. Remember, if there are as many outstanding as I think there are, that's the level he needs to have a shot.

Just did some math. If 77% of AZ RV voted, there are roughly 850,000 votes outstanding. If Trump wins then 61-38, he gains 195,500 votes on Biden. Biden's lead right now: 196,600.
https://twitter.com/henryolsenEPPC/status/1323853711504863233

https://twitter.com/henryolsenEPPC/status/1323852770831560704

I like you, Rock, but this is gross. 

I mean it when I say that having a college degree doesn't necessarily make one educated. Conversely, not having a degree doesn't make one ignorant to the point that their vote shouldn't count.
Thanks, Andy. There's nothing gross about facts. It's been almost historic, the education gap between Clinton/Biden and Trump voters.

I never said their vote shouldn't count.

Are you debating the check on popular democracy that the electoral college is?

Because that's exactly what it was intended for.

update for the 9 states called  

so far, just safe and likely states called + Florida + Ohio + NE district 2 + Texas

all 3 Battleground states have gone for Trump

no state has flipped from pre-election polling

AFTER MIDNIGHT RECAP

BIDEN - 210

CA (55) - CALLED
CO (9)
CT (7) 
DC (3)
DE (3)
IL (20)
MA (11)
MD (10)
ME (1)
- DISTRICT 1 CALLED (expected - district 2 is toss up)
NH (4)
NJ (14) 
NM (5) 
- CALLED 
NY (29)
OR (7)
- CALLED
RI (4) - CALLED
VA (13)
VT (3)
WA (12)
- CALLED

TRUMP - 204 *(not 145, sorry for missing the total on the update)

AL -  9
AR - 6
FL - 29
ID - 4
- CALLED
IN - 11
KS - 6 
KY - 8
LA - 8 
MO - 10
MS - 6 
ND - 3