What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (1 Viewer)

Some dude:

cannot overstress the path to 270 for Biden does NOT include AZ, TX, FL, GA, NC

would be nice & would be a clear sign he's headed for an electoral landslide

on the other hand, Trump HAS to have those 5 - cannot win without them. plus OH. plus either PA, or MI + IA, or MN + WI. 

there's very little margin of error for President Trump

if PA, MI, WI, MN all stay blue, Trump has no path

ME: Biden's gonna win, cause he won AZ y'all.

If he dorsnt get PA he needs all 3, Minnesota, Michigan and  Wisconsin. 
True, but those were probably his 3 best polling swing states if Minnesota was even considered a swing state.   Without Arizona, he'd need all those 3 as well plus PA. This just makes PA not a must have which is nice.  The same goes if he wins PA, then WI isn't a must have. 

Ohio (18) called for Trump  

no net change from expectations 

205-162

48 Trump Electors from Toss Up states (FL, OH, + 1 from NE dst 2)

0 Biden Electors from Battleground states 

NO STATES HAVE FLIPPED FROM PRE-ELECTION POLLS
Which polls are you using? RCP had Biden +0.9 in Florida and +5 in Nebraska CD 2, and 538 had Biden +0.9 in Georgia and +1.7 in North Carolina — all of which went to Trump.

:lol:   Evidently I am not smart enough to follow along with this EC thing.   I guess I am looking at wrong/incomplete info, as I see Biden with a decent lead, but everybody here saying it's down to 3 states yet again.  

AZ not called yet that I know of.
Fox apparently called it, but that might be premature? I haven't seen others call it.

If Biden wins Arizona, he's back to being a decent favorite overall.

We'll get Michigan and Wisconsin tomorrow, Pennsylvania maybe a couple days after that. Without them, it's hard to be confident one way or the other.

My guess...

House: stays Dem.
Senate: 49-49 with two run-offs.
White House: 269-269.

Fox apparently called it, but that might be premature? I haven't seen others call it.

If Biden wins Arizona, he's back to being a decent favorite overall.

We'll get Michigan and Wisconsin tomorrow, Pennsylvania maybe a couple days after that. Without them, it's hard to be confident one way or the other.

My guess...

House: stays Dem.
Senate: 49-49 with two run-offs.
White House: 269-269.
SO...20....20.

God I :wub:  you.
:hifive:

And I may kill that by saying that I desperately want Biden/Harris to win, but as a lifelong conservative, I understand people's grievances with that sort of thing. From the ages of 17-27 I, in both my academic pursuits and work, dealt with sneering liberals and self-assured politicos of the leftist stripe and saw the potential for smaller town America to break really red, regardless of self-interest. The phrase that sums up liberal condescension best was embodied in one book's rhetorical question: What's The Matter With Kansas? Insisting that these people were voting against their own good, the authors proceeded to write a book trying to understand the root cause of the dissonance between people's policy preferences and their voting habits.

I never read the book but the question itself brought about the obvious observation that if you have to ask, you'll never know. They still haven't learned. 

That said, this election is not over. 

:lol:   Evidently I am not smart enough to follow along with this EC thing.   I guess I am looking at wrong/incomplete info, as I see Biden with a decent lead, but everybody here saying it's down to 3 states yet again.  
The AP's current EV map looks horrible for Biden. With called states, he's at 209 electoral votes with only Maine, Minnesota, and Arizona leaning blue. Nevada is not reporting votes yet (really?).

Note that AP has not yet called FL, TX, NC, GA, etc. Not to mention the northern battlegrounds. That makes Trump's EV count look low ... but he's got A LOT of leaning states. 

the road to 270 for President Trump

SAFE 125 electors (plus picked up 1 from NE district 2 which was a toss up)
115 called + 29 FL + 18 OH + 1 NE (district 2) = 162 as of rn

AK - 3
AL - 9 called
AR - 6 called
ID - 4
IN - 11 called
KS - 6 called
KY - 8 called
LA - 8 called
MO - 10 called
MS - 6 called
MT - 3
ND - 3 called
NE - 4 called (plus district 2, 1 elector, was a toss up) 
OK - 7 called
SC - 9 called
SD - 3 called
TN - 11 called
WV - 5 called
WY - 3 called
UT - 6 called

the road to 270 for Vice President Biden

SAFE 216 electors
205 called

CA (55) called
CO (9) called
CT (7) called
DC (3) called
DE (3) called
HI (4)
IL (20) called
MA (11) called
MD (10) called
ME (3)
not called (2 state & 1 from district 2 are safe; plus 1 eclector from district 2 - toss up, so 4 total) 
NH (4) called
NJ (14) called
NM (5) called
NY (29) called
RI (4)
OR (7) called
VA (13) called
VT (3) called
WA (12) called

Battleground or Toss Up States - only 1 has been called

AZ 11
FL 29 - called for Trump, bumps him up to 154 with his safe states
GA 16
IA 6
NC 15

NE (district 2) 1- called for Trump, bumps him up to 155  
OH 18 - called for Trump, bumps him up to to 173 with his safe states
TX 38

That's 133 plus there are single electors in ME District 2 and NE District 2 up for grabs in Toss Up / Battleground states.

leaning states - none of these have flipped BUT ALSO none have been called

Biden 62 leaning states

MI 16
MN 10
NV 6
PA 20
WI 10

President Trump HAS to flip one of the Biden leaning states.

SUMMARY 

TRUMP 125 - must sweep Battleground + flip Biden state(s)
BIDEN 278 - if there are no flipped states, Biden wins
BATTLEGROUND 135 

TOTAL 538
270 TO WIN

If he dorsnt get PA he needs all 3, Minnesota, Michigan and  Wisconsin. 
Minnesota going for Biden. With 67% in Biden leading 54.7% -43.3%. With some rural counties near 80-90% tallied Biden has added some rural counties Clinton didn't get. Surprised Mn hasn't been called yet.

I'm actually okay with that. I'd rather a bit of a gridlock and a return to respectability. 

Put differently, I hope the next four years are boring and the PSF turns into a graveyard. 
Most excitement is going to come from supreme court rulings

Betting markets back to coin flip territory. Probably where they should have been all along 
It seems they were way over exposed on a Trump win, freaked out based on early returns, and needed to slow that down and juice more action on Biden for a couple hours. 

Users who are viewing this thread