What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (3 Viewers)

It seems like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin won't be called in the next 2-4 hours.  Any news on Michigan?  If we aren't getting Michigan results until tomorrow, it might be time to go to bed. Those 3 states are going to determine everything now.  Unless Minnesota or Virginia throw us a shocker.

It seems like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin won't be called in the next 2-4 hours.  Any news on Michigan?  If we aren't getting Michigan results until tomorrow, it might be time to go to bed. Those 3 states are going to determine everything now.  Unless Minnesota or Virginia throw us a shocker.
Trump wasted a lot of time in Minnesota.

so which ones matter? all 3?

2 out of 3?

Yeah, we're not gonna know who the President is until next week.

Beyond ridiculous that Pennsylvania couldn't start counting until this morning and then had a hard stop so early in the night. Its absolutely absurd.
It didn't really matter if Philly stopped or not, because several counties had already announced that they wouldn't even start counting absentee ballots until tomorrow.

This is getting a lot towards what I've been wondering.

I mean ... say Trump had a health scare in late 2019 that led him to not seek a second term. Would today's Republican voters vote in a Paul Ryan or Rand Paul or someone like in the same numbers as Trump?

Something else odd: logically ... 2020 Trump is getting votes from people who voted for Obama in 2012. I can understand that happening at an individual level ... but how does that happen in the hundreds of thousands?
I don't know how many Obama votes Trump got.  My anecdotal experiences is that Trump got a lot of first time or not in a long time voters.  I think there is a bit of this misconception that the first time voter is the "wide eyed coming out of high school/college" person who's going to jibe with a more liberal ideology and platform.  I know a good dozen people, many of whom are in their 30s/early 40s....even into their 50s, who Trump got to the polls for the first time (or for the first time since they MIGHT have voted when they turned 18).

The various flavors of the Legalize Marijuana parties are getting between 5-10% of the vote in US House races in MN. Just thought that was kind of funny. It's enough in some districts that it could've potentially affected who wins (I'm too lazy to compare to 2018 or 2016 to see how the weed parties might have changed things).  

Yeah, we're not gonna know who the President is until next week.

Beyond ridiculous that Pennsylvania couldn't start counting until this morning and then had a hard stop so early in the night. Its beyond absurd.
Pennsylvania can’t open the ballots before this morning. Yet some are declaring it over because they misheard what Fox News said.

Ohio (18) called for Trump  

no net change from expectations 

205-162

48 Trump Electors from Toss Up states (FL, OH, + 1 from NE dst 2)

0 Biden Electors from Battleground states 

NO STATES HAVE FLIPPED FROM PRE-ELECTION POLLS

Ohio (18) called for Trump  

no net change from expectations 

205-162

48 Trump Electors from Toss Up states (FL, OH, + 1 from NE dst 2)

0 Biden Electors from Battleground states 

NO STATES HAVE FLIPPED FROM PRE-ELECTION POLLS
I honestly don't follow this stuff very closely.  What does that look like for predicting outcome?

There's also a whole lot of cancel culture and Hollywood and Eastern elite culture that can be flushed down the drain, too, if they're serious about referendum elections about #### like that.

Trump saw the void in the manufacturing and uneducated classes for the Republican Party and took it. Will Democrats capitalize on their natural symbiotic bedfellows in Soccer Moms and become more suburban and capitalist?

Time will tell.
God I :wub:  you.

That was weird. Always thought Minnesota was right there with California and New York for solidity with Democratic Party voters. Didn't they even vote for George McGovern?
Only state to vote for Mondale - because he's from here.

I think he was looking for bragging rights. "I even won Minnesota..look at meeee!"

Are you kidding me!? Democrats are going to try to steal this!

Wisconsin says there's no way they are announcing a winner tonight

Michigan needs until Friday

Pennsylvania isn't coming out anytime soon, either

Per officials in those states

https://twitter.com/salehamohsin/status/1323839724063252483?s=21
This is completely normal and not only legal, but required by law. Please educate yourself on this and don’t let Trump whip you up into a frenzy over legal votes that deserve to be counted like any other. 

My anecdotal experiences is that Trump got a lot of first time or not in a long time voters. I think there is a bit of this misconception that the first time voter is the "wide eyed coming out of high school/college" person who's going to jibe with a more liberal ideology and platform.  I know a good dozen people, many of whom are in their 30s/early 40s....even into their 50s, who Trump got to the polls for the first time (or for the first time since they MIGHT have voted when they turned 18).
Appreciate this tidbit. Hadn't thought of it.

NATHANIEL RAKICH

NOV. 3, 11:13 PM

As you plan your sleep schedule for the rest of the week: We should have near-complete unofficial results from Wisconsin early tomorrow morning, as Milwaukee is expected to finish counting around 6 a.m. Eastern. Michigan originally said it would take until Friday to count all of its votes, but officials have revised that estimate to say they’ll be done tomorrow as well. Finally, Pennsylvania results probably won’t be known until Friday.

Does Iowa stay Biden?  
Two weeks ago, I thought Biden would kind of cruise in Iowa. Seemed a lot chancier in recent days ... but gotta stick with my original call of Iowa to Biden.

So, yes, why not? Iowa stays Biden.

(Iowa to Biden campaign: "Here Johnny ... now we have $300 million and 70 dollars.")

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang near blue in 2016. However, Trump seems to be doing better in general this time around.
I was afraid of this, based on the general feeling I get around these parts about the handling of COVID.   People really seem to be against what Evers (and by default dems) are doing for whatever reason.  

Users who are viewing this thread