What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (3 Viewers)

I don't even know what to say.  What a frustrating game.  Shockingly only 1 game behind the first place football team.  But the way we look, don't think we're good enough to beat Dallas. 

If we don't smoke the Bengals, then I dont even know.

Well good news is we got Cincinnati next week. Bad news is I think our defense will let up another 25 at least. So offense will have to not make any mistakes for a change. Then if we squeak by Cincy out consolation is to go to SF. Then Pitt. Then play Baltimore.

So they better get their #### together or this is a top 5 draft pick team.

I don’t even care what the Cowboys did. We are not in their class. 

The announcers (who were just god awful btw) mentioned it. The Rams seem like they had a pre-season and were all on the same page. We look like it’s pre-season game 2 on both sides of the ball. That’s coaching. 

Wentz has just been missing a ton. He’s the exact reason you don’t look at stats this year. What goes down as a 1-1 for 12 yards doesn’t show you that the WR had room to run after but had to dive to make the catch when wide open. Nearly every completion was a struggle for the receiver or they got destroyed catching the ball. The OL played better, a lot better, so that excuse is out the window. 

His pick was brutal too. He’s too far along to make that mistake on a 1st and 10 in that spot. It’s inexcusable. Also, remember when he used to run to pick up first downs? Seems like years ago. 

Fire Swartz already. Thank you for the SB but it’s time. 

Good thing we dealt a 4 for Avery who was inactive again 

Good thing we gave Peters the money he wanted so he could continue to look like ####. 

How much money is in that DL again?

Good thing we got Hurts. Who needs a LBer, CB, OL depth or a safety when you can run fake screens to your back up QB? 

Like @Insein said in the game thread. As soon as that ball was picked you knew it was over. There wasn’t a doubt about it. 

Well good news is we got Cincinnati next week. Bad news is I think our defense will let up another 25 at least. So offense will have to not make any mistakes for a change. Then if we squeak by Cincy out consolation is to go to SF. Then Pitt. Then play Baltimore.

So they better get their #### together or this is a top 5 draft pick team.
1-5 or 2-4 tops since you may get the SF B team

The thought of Howie picking that high scares me.

I don’t even care what the Cowboys did. We are not in their class. 

The announcers (who were just god awful btw) mentioned it. The Rams seem like they had a pre-season and were all on the same page. We look like it’s pre-season game 2 on both sides of the ball. That’s coaching. 

Wentz has just been missing a ton. He’s the exact reason you don’t look at stats this year. What goes down as a 1-1 for 12 yards doesn’t show you that the WR had room to run after but had to dive to make the catch when wide open. Nearly every completion was a struggle for the receiver or they got destroyed catching the ball. The OL played better, a lot better, so that excuse is out the window. 

His pick was brutal too. He’s too far along to make that mistake on a 1st and 10 in that spot. It’s inexcusable. Also, remember when he used to run to pick up first downs? Seems like years ago. 

Fire Swartz already. Thank you for the SB but it’s time. 

Good thing we dealt a 4 for Avery who was inactive again 

Good thing we gave Peters the money he wanted so he could continue to look like ####. 

How much money is in that DL again?

Good thing we got Hurts. Who needs a LBer, CB, OL depth or a safety when you can run fake screens to your back up QB? 

Like @Insein said in the game thread. As soon as that ball was picked you knew it was over. There wasn’t a doubt about it. 
Actually agree with every single one of these points.  Well said.

Greg Roman and Jalen Hurts will be the HC/QB combo next year. You heard it here first
Ive has a few drinks at this point and this is just some buzzed talk....

Obviously the Hurts pick shocked everyone. Wentz is very much into his faith, now is married and had a baby. How much does football matter to him nowadays? Did he say something or imply something to the that made them pick Hurts that soon? Obviously Howie is such a horrible drafter that it could just be that. 

I quoted you because this thought had crossed my mind to some degree. If Wentz does move on or is traded I wouldn’t be made at Roman being the HC and bringing a similar offense. But again, I’ve been drinking. 

I don't even know what to say.  What a frustrating game.  Shockingly only 1 game behind the first place football team.  But the way we look, don't think we're good enough to beat Dallas. 

If we don't smoke the Bengals, then I dont even know.
To be fair since it’s only week 2 being down 1 game is not much to hang you hat on. 

Ive has a few drinks at this point and this is just some buzzed talk....

Obviously the Hurts pick shocked everyone. Wentz is very much into his faith, now is married and had a baby. How much does football matter to him nowadays? Did he say something or imply something to the that made them pick Hurts that soon? Obviously Howie is such a horrible drafter that it could just be that. 

I quoted you because this thought had crossed my mind to some degree. If Wentz does move on or is traded I wouldn’t be made at Roman being the HC and bringing a similar offense. But again, I’ve been drinking. 
I just told my wife I could see Doug go if the season is a total disaster.  Think they would give Wentz one more year with a new coach. 

We don't look the part though.  If we looked as good as Dallas the 1 game wouldn't mean much.  We don't.
Right that’s what I’m saying we look like crap. Being down one game is more to do with it  only being week 2 of the season. Nothing to do with us having a chance. 

Wentz is very much into his faith, now is married and had a baby. How much does football matter to him nowadays? Did he say something or imply something to the that made them pick Hurts that soon?
I have been wondering this myself, without alcohol, ever since the pick was made. If it wasn't pure incompetence by Howie, which it could be, it either had to be from having no faith in Wentz to stay healthy or from thinking he'll hang it up after this contract is done. 

I just told my wife I could see Doug go if the season is a total disaster.  Think they would give Wentz one more year with a new coach. 
It's hard to say with Lurie because he never says anything publicly. He stayed with Reid and Rhodes too long. He ditched Kelly at the right time, but that may have been because Kelly rubbed him (and the players) the wrong way personally as opposed to anything to do with his coaching. That doesn't appear to be an issue with Doug. I can see him making Doug fire Schwartz and hire a real OC with playcalling powers, but I suspect this year would have to be a total catastrophe for him to ditch Doug just yet. 

I have been wondering this myself, without alcohol, ever since the pick was made. If it wasn't pure incompetence by Howie, which it could be, it either had to be from having no faith in Wentz to stay healthy or from thinking he'll hang it up after this contract is done. 
I agree, he may have shot them straight about it to so not to leave them hanging but the more beating he takes the closer he is to moving on. Who knows but that’s possible. 

Side thing that’s pissing me off—We had 300 cardboard cut outs in the stands because our ####### governor just keeps his thumb down on us and Dallas over 21,000 fans at their game.

It's hard to say with Lurie because he never says anything publicly. He stayed with Reid and Rhodes too long. He ditched Kelly at the right time, but that may have been because Kelly rubbed him (and the players) the wrong way personally as opposed to anything to do with his coaching. That doesn't appear to be an issue with Doug. I can see him making Doug fire Schwartz and hire a real OC with playcalling powers, but I suspect this year would have to be a total catastrophe for him to ditch Doug just yet. 
You could tell last year they're taking power from Doug after he told coaches they’d be back and than had to fire them. Loyalty is a downfall with this team overall. 

Me at opening kickoff: "I'm so bummed I'm missing a home-opener, and probably the whole season, for the first time since getting season tickets."

Me in the 4th quarter: "I'm so glad I won't be spending my money to watch this disaster of a season."

Doug doesn't need to go. I think he's a good HC.

What he is NOT, is a good HC/OC combo. Get a OC from outside the org that can call plays. I think Doug can do a great job rallying the troops, keeping things together, but we need an actual OC.

And I'm out on Jim Schwartz. We saw it in the Super Bowl, we saw it every year since. Guys constantly wide open, lack of sacks and TO's. I'm ready to say it's the scheme. Teams have adjusted, and he has not countered.

I don't know on Carson. I was so optimistic at the end of last year, thought he turned a corner and was getting it. He looks like a rookie out there now.

How much of that has to do with the HC/OC though? We all looked good when we had great coaches. They left and now this. 
Someone brought up the fact that Defillipo and Reich were like good cop bad cop to him those first 2 seasons. Flip would ride him and work him hard. Basically just be an ####### to him but get him to do what he's told. Then Reich would be the uncle that knew what he was talking about to help him understand why Flip is working him so hard. 

The coaches since then have all treated Wentz like he was the almost MVP and the next coming. That has certainly set him back with no one challenging him like Flip did. He needs an OC with clout and QB coach that will work him hard. Doug is too buddy buddy to be effective in that area. He needs to be hands off. 

Greg Roman and Jalen Hurts will be the HC/QB combo next year. You heard it here first
Way too early to say the season is done and it times for a new regime, but if it keeps going this way I can see that happen. Makes a lot of sense. 

i know its early but i have seen enough.  I want change with the coaches and major roster turnover. only way to get that is to lose more.  And its going to happen. 

we are about to be 1-5 after the first 6 games.

That INT in the end zone was a perfect play call and JJAW was open for the TD but Wentz was terribly late with the throw

WR snap counts from Week 2:

Reagor: 60 (85%)
Jackson: 55 (77%)
Arcega-Whiteside: 16 (23%)
Ward: 13 (18%)
Hightower: 7 (10%)

Disappointing to see Hightower only get 7 snaps and JJAW getting 16. I have no clue what they see in this kid and why the continue to force him into the line up. 

I never thought this year would be like this but we might be able to draft Trevor Lawrence or at least trade away the pick.

The oline was great.  Too bad our franchise qb didn't show up along with a defense
Carson Wentz through 2 weeks:
- Passer grade 42.7 (worst in league)
- Sacked 8 times (worst in league)
- 4 INTs (tied worst with Cousins)
- 64.4 passer rating (4th worst)
- 13 poor throws (2nd worst in league)
- 32.9 % on target throws (tied 6th worst)

Carson Wentz through 2 weeks:
- Passer grade 42.7 (worst in league)
- Sacked 8 times (worst in league)
- 4 INTs (tied worst with Cousins)
- 64.4 passer rating (4th worst)
- 13 poor throws (2nd worst in league)
- 32.9 % on target throws (tied 6th worst)
i knew it was bad.   not surprised

“When it's pointed out to Pederson that other teams are in same situation as Eagles with offseason work, Pederson mentioned the "new pieces" at the skill positions. 

"I don't care who you are throwing...2 1/2 weeks to prepare for your first real game is not enough time."”

Hes not necessarily wrong here but I expected more. I expect wide open receivers to be hit on the numbers. I expect wide open receivers to not have to dive or fall to their knees to catch a ball when there’s room to run. 

Who cares we stink. Howie must not make another draft pick. My blind grandmother could see the gap in talent regarding jjaw and DK. Biggest discussion in this thread a month from now will be whether or not to draft Lawrence or receive a huge haul of draft picks (ideal scenario). We are this bad ladies and gents. 4-12 is a real possibility. 

Users who are viewing this thread