What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (2 Viewers)

Trying to find some positives. 

-I’m glad the young WR’s played as much as they did. I’m sure there was som jitters with Hightower but I’m glad he got the reps he did. He can only get better. 

- I’m excited to see what Reagor can do in space as well. His 51 yard catch showed a lot of ability tracking the ball 

- Goedert has top ability as a blocker and receiver at TE. He has a chance to be one of the best in the game. 

- I was very worried about the LBers but they played a very good game. 

-Slay also had a very good game as well

-The game was a kick in the balls for sure. Missing Sanders, Lane, Brooks, Driscoll, Barnett, Curry, Graham etc etc is hard to overcome. Hoping for a more complete game next week

Doug Pederson:

Both DE Vinny Curry and CB Craig James sustained significant injuries vs Washington and will miss time. OT Lane Johnson and RB Miles Sanders will see increased practice reps this week.

BG Is in concussion protocol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug Pederson:

Both DE Vinny Curry and CB Craig James sustained significant injuries vs Washington and will miss time. OT Lane Johnson and RB Miles Sanders will see increased practice reps this week.

BG Is in concussion protocol.
I missed James getting hurt somehow.  Anyone know what happened?

Long Ball Larry said:
Cut Hightower as far as I’m concerned 

also, is it possible that Wentz got his back hurt on one of those sacks in the second quarter?  There was one where he seemed to get kind of bent up on the ground.  After that we saw a lot of those balls sailing again.
Cutting 4th round pick after one game? Sounds about Eagles fan. Crap game for sure, but my god the overreactions...for a season that had zero preseason games etc. 

On the Rams front, how in the world are we going to stop Donald from getting to Wentz?
Doug has yet to lose to Sean, and the one time A Donald did play against Carson, he had 4 TDs, setting the franchise record on one leg. 

New season, etc, but this Rams team does not look BETTER than any of the Rams teams we have beat the last couple years. 

Our O-line was awesome back then.
I agree here, but the Rams just don't scare me in all honesty. That game last night was a bit bland with a lot of self inflicted coaching error/decision making, which bodes well for us since one of those coaches is the Cowboys coach. 

With that said, we REALLY need to get this fixed asap. Both picks by Carson to young WR's and he still fumbles too much dammit. 

I agree here, but the Rams just don't scare me in all honesty. That game last night was a bit bland with a lot of self inflicted coaching error/decision making, which bodes well for us since one of those coaches is the Cowboys coach. 

With that said, we REALLY need to get this fixed asap. Both picks by Carson to young WR's and he still fumbles too much dammit. 
Yep, if we go 0-2 I feel like our season is done.  We are actually favoured by 2.5.

Yep, if we go 0-2 I feel like our season is done.  We are actually favoured by 2.5.
I feel you there, but it is a long season. 75% of the team OR MORE jumped ship at 5-7 last year. No more major injuries from the game, Reagor looked real. Defense looked legit, just wait until Hargrave gets back. For all the talk of our crap LB's, I though Gerry played well also. We have stuff to build on. 

Doug has yet to lose to Sean, and the one time A Donald did play against Carson, he had 4 TDs, setting the franchise record on one leg. 

New season, etc, but this Rams team does not look BETTER than any of the Rams teams we have beat the last couple years. 
We are worse though

The good news for you guys after watching this weekend is that you're still probably the favorites to win the division.

Apologies for using "you" as I recognize that you're not actually employed by the team.  
Is there something in the sports drinks in PA? Both our squads are getting injured. 

EDIT: I feel like I'm part of the team. I got a partial torn Planter Facia I'm dealing with. Am I allowed to USE "WE" THEN? 

Is there something in the sports drinks in PA? Both our squads are getting injured. 

EDIT: I feel like I'm part of the team. I got a partial torn Plater Facia I'm dealing with. Am I allowed to USE "WE" THEN? 
It's brutal but I expect every team will be dealing with injuries this season.  Just a crazy, unfortunate year.  

It's brutal but I expect every team will be dealing with injuries this season.  Just a crazy, unfortunate year.  
Yep, seems like that will be the case.  That's not even taking into account if a player gets Covid.  All these guys just showed up and went full speed and hammys and ankles are not liking it.

So, DJax is basically getting the Joel Embiid "load management" treatment to start the season. Seems like we tried to treat the WFT game as a preseason/warm-up and now we're climbing out of a hole. It's nice that DAL lost, too, but the difference is we lost a game that should have been a W and they lost a game that wasn't.

Assuming DAL sweeps the NYG/WFT games, we now need to sweep Dallas to win the NFCE via tiebreaker. Not to be all doom and gloom, but 1 week into the season and our most realistic path to the playoffs is the 3rd wild-card. Maybe we dominate DAL, or they have a clunker themselves against WFT and/or NYG, but things are not looking good.

So, DJax is basically getting the Joel Embiid "load management" treatment to start the season. Seems like we tried to treat the WFT game as a preseason/warm-up and now we're climbing out of a hole. It's nice that DAL lost, too, but the difference is we lost a game that should have been a W and they lost a game that wasn't.

Assuming DAL sweeps the NYG/WFT games, we now need to sweep Dallas to win the NFCE via tiebreaker. Not to be all doom and gloom, but 1 week into the season and our most realistic path to the playoffs is the 3rd wild-card. Maybe we dominate DAL, or they have a clunker themselves against WFT and/or NYG, but things are not looking good.
So we're already repeating last season pretty much? (Losing games we shouldn't and hopefully backing into a playoff spot) 

pretty much every team loses a game or two during the year they shouldnt.  hopefully we just got ours out of the way early.  

pretty much every team loses a game or two during the year they shouldnt.  hopefully we just got ours out of the way early.  
Every team does, The Eagles do it non stop.  We win games we shouldn't, and lose games we shouldn't.  There was a stretch there last year where Doug won like 7 straight games as an underdog or something crazy like that. 

Every team does, The Eagles do it non stop.  We win games we shouldn't, and lose games we shouldn't.  There was a stretch there last year where Doug won like 7 straight games as an underdog or something crazy like that. 
right.  it just hurts more right now cause its the first game of the year and we all want to start out strong. 

WAY to doom and gloomy for week 1. Pretty much gaurentee Dallas loses a game somewhere along the line they shouldn't. If they DON'T, we had no chance anyway

Only difference with Joel and DjAX is DJAX is older now. Joel at his age should not be anywhere close to load management. Yes I know Joel is injured a lot but he'd be way better if he spent less time focusing on twitter followers and trolling people online and more time in fitness and weight training. I love Embiid as a player because he's top 3 C when healthy and playing his best ability. Despite being an idiot DeSean has put in a lot of work to try and stay healthy 

Users who are viewing this thread