What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (1 Viewer)

Alfred blue or Polk the pickup here?

Sad day. Arian was one of my favorite players to watch. Great career. Seemed like a great guy, too.
RBBC. Polk is the reception guy.....Blue the grinder. But they both were unimpressive before Fosters return. Texans playing for a top pick the rest of the way.
Blue did have one game this year where he had 30+ carries, 100 yards and a TD

Someone just offered Calvin Johnson and Mark Ingram for Foster ....im 1 - 5 lol....i should probably pull the trigger out of desperation
love Foster but I would do that.
i countered with calvin and Doug Martin for Foster....im waiting now
It was a strong offer, you should have accepted it as-is, imo. You could reasonably expect to get 70-80% of Foster's production out of Ingram, and if big Cal has turned the corner as it appears, then he may well give you top 10 WR numbers going forward. If, with injuries and byes,you are currently having trouble fielding a competitive team, then a trade like this could bring significant relief...again, imo.
I got what i wanted ....Calvin Johnson and Doug Martin...line up looks better already
Jesus ...thats horrible he is hurt...i actually feel Bad for the guy i traded with as well ...but seeing i lost Jamal Charles to injury also i dont feel THAT bad ...i hope Foster comes back next year

Sucka for him....and may sink 2 of my teams. He was why I might have been able to get over losing Charles...but now its going to be damn hard.

The Achilles isn't the death knell it once was. Several big name players have come back from it in recent years. Demaryius Thomas and Suggs both have.

But this is interesting. Age. Recent history. History of such major use. Contract. I think he WILL play again but he might be 50/50 to be on a different team next time around. The Texas truly need to rebuild from the ground up.

Sad day in ff, for sure. Pretty fitting he was doing his usual top 3 RB thing. I hope to see him again.

Tough break for such a great player, who has played on so many sucky teams over the years. I hope he recovers and plays again if that's what he wants. But he's gone through recoveries from so many injuries, I couldn't blame him if he decided to just relax and enjoy life after football.

NO DOUBT he has a TD there.....lol.....let's make it three TDs, why not?!

All Foster owners in here massaging themselves and others.

29. Slowed down. Injury riddled. We'll see if he makes it through that rough stretch after the bye. Good luck with that.
You're getting owned badly here, son. You might want to try your luck trolling in another thread.

Oh, and sorry you weren't smart enough to draft Foster. You seem bitter. :(
NOTE: Let's keep the commentary positive, folks. Making light of injury situations is not acceptable in the Shark Pool; if you feel the need to do so, find another forum. -FBG Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

29. Slowed down. Injury riddled. We'll see if he makes it through that rough stretch after the bye. Good luck with that.
You're getting owned badly here, son. You might want to try your luck trolling in another thread.Oh, and sorry you weren't smart enough to draft Foster. You seem bitter. :(
You were saying?
Woohoo, a guy tore his achilles, i was right. Time to brag.

anytime this is a part of your post or argument, chances are stroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong you've lost the battle.
I've made my case. We will find out in December who's right here so jump the gun all you want but the jury is still out with your 29 year old, oft-injured savior who looks slower now.

As I've said already, sell into the bye week. After that your chips are down.

@ Cinci. Jets. Saints (good). @ Buffalo. New England.

Good luck facing that stretch with Brian Hoyer or Mallet to take the pressure off. And pray he doesn't get hit too hard.
what's your official pre-December prediction? If it's an injury, then there's not one of us here who doesn't realize that's a possibility. Nor has anyone argued otherwise.Is it is that he'll stay healthy but won't be worth the 5th or 6th round pick he cost us?

Since your troll act seems to be setting up for your big 'I told you so' moment, let's lay it out there. What exactly are you predicting?

Also, while we're at it, name all the backs you'd rather have at this point forward. Instead of just being a tool, put it out there for all to see. Let's see your list and how well you do.
:own3d: :goodposting:
:goodposting:

Too soon?

You're getting owned badly here, son. You might want to try your luck trolling in another thread.Oh, and sorry you weren't smart enough to draft Foster. You seem bitter. :(
You were saying?
You're one of those rare guys everyone should put on ignore. Love them or hate them, there is nothing cool at all about gloating when one of the leagues best players (and one of the players that make ff worth caring about) suffers a significant injury.

You were saying?
You caught a break with such an injury and are classless enough to cheer an injury like the troll you are?

6th round pick that helped me win today -- would have been nice to have him going forward, but I'm fortunate to have drafted decently and have gotten lucky. So don't get the gloating here.

Get better quick Arian - I have torn my achilles and its a long way back but surgerical methods and rehab are vastly improved --

You were saying?
You are despicable. You are also about to become the only poster on my ignore list.

You were saying?
GFYC

You can thank O'Brien for keeping him out there in a meaningless loss.
Non contact injury, it was just a matter of time. The odometer on his Achilles just hit all 9s. Could have been the last play of this game or the first of the next one.
this is 100% incorrect. It implies it was destined to happen. Like as if your car is destined to need a new transmission when you hit 127591 miles. Non contact Achilles injuries are usually the result of fatigue. Coming from a medical professional in sports medicine...

Non contact injury, it was just a matter of time. The odometer on his Achilles just hit all 9s. Could have been the last play of this game or the first of the next one.
this is 100% incorrect. It implies it was destined to happen. Like as if your car is destined to need a new transmission when you hit 127591 miles. Non contact Achilles injuries are usually the result of fatigue. Coming from a medical professional in sports medicine...
it was a good ride. Definitely one of the best fantasy backs of all time.

it was a good ride. Definitely one of the best fantasy backs of all time.
It sucks for foster... He had a chance to be great, but he just couldn't stay healthy. It is likely the end of his career, or at least of a meaningful career.

Just traded for Arian 2 weeks ago so hadn't spent anytime in here but this kook guy is a super ##### unless I missed a ton of #### talking in his direction. Even then calm down.

Just traded for Arian 2 weeks ago so hadn't spent anytime in here but this kook guy is a super ##### unless I missed a ton of #### talking in his direction. Even then calm down.
no, you got him pegged. A loser troll whose life highlight is when someone gets injured so he can pound his chest. A few years,ago, an as***** like him would be banned from this place. Now they allow these losers to stick around for some reason.

Feel free to go back, I encourage you. It's all there. I was not the one that was name-calling and getting personal.

A difference of opinion was, for whatever reason, not allowed in these parts.

Feel free to go back, I encourage you. It's all there. I was not the one that was name-calling and getting personal.

no but you are the guy who couldnt wait to say ''i told you so '' ,,,and under the circumstances its in poor taste

It was incredibly dumb for him to be in the game.

The guy barely had an offseason and just came back. His risk for a late game fatigue injury is so much higher than the guys who have been conditioning for the last several months.

Real stupid to have him in a 40-0 game with zero chance to win. Sucks for Foster owners.

People can say he got hurt today because he is injury prone, but it's mostly because he is not currently in shape and was being run into the ground late in a game. ANYONE who just got back from an injury like him is at a hugely increased risk for an injury like this, ESPECIALLY achilles.

The guy barely had an offseason and just came back. His risk for a late game fatigue injury is so much higher than the guys who have been conditioning for the last several months.

Real stupid to have him in a 40-0 game with zero chance to win. Sucks for Foster owners.

People can say he got hurt today because he is injury prone, but it's mostly because he is not currently in shape and was being run into the ground late in a game. ANYONE who just got back from an injury like him is at a hugely increased risk for an injury like this, ESPECIALLY achilles.
Is any of that true?

Serious question.

Is any of that true?

Serious question.
Umm, yes. Hamstrings and achilles are the most susceptible to fatigue injuries

Is any of that true?

Serious question.
It's his opinion.

A lot of it makes sense to me.

Is any of that true?

Serious question.
Well... It could be true. Certainly rehabbing involves not only your injured joint, rather the whole limb. Think about it, if you aren't bearing weight, or bearing less weight, on your right leg because of your right knee injury, your right Achilles will certainly be weakened. I wouldn't say "especially Achilles" as is suggested. I'd say especially ACL. Achilles often is injured when you aren't doing much of anything (walking, giving a bounce pass in basketball, etc). It's often ruptured during low load, non contact activities, mostly eccentric loading, This is often due to weakness in the Achilles... Your body works more during eccentric activities than concentric on a force per muscle fiber ratio. Eccentric actives are lowering to the ground: landing from a jump, going down stairs, basically slowing your body down. Concentric is the opposite. You use more percent of your muscle for concentric, so tears aren't common. Think baseball. The rotator cuff is the brakes for a pitchers arm. They slow you down. Small muscle group for a big job.

Certainly, given the nature of the injury and surrounding circumstances of him being hurt, it's possible he was at a higher risk for this kind of injury. But like I said, my first thought based on my medical opinion would be ACL, then hamstring, then Achilles... Tough break for foster

Opinion? You are welcome to research it all you want. There ARE such thing as fatigue injuries in which parts of the body are more susceptible to injuries than others in thse instances.

If it was a close game he would still have been injured, but being a blowout it was just dumb for him to be out there given the injury and lack of conditioning he had prior to a couple weeks back.

He didn't necessarily get hurt 100% because of this, but he was at more risk.

Ever notice a lot of the fatty weekend warriors out there go and try to play some ball and end up with all kinds of stupid injuries? Same concept on a much more extreme scale.

Opinion? You are welcome to research it all you want. There ARE such thing as fatigue injuries in which parts of the body are more susceptible to injuries than others in thse instances.

If it was a close game he would still have been injured, but being a blowout it was just dumb for him to be out there given the injury and lack of conditioning he had prior to a couple weeks back.

He didn't necessarily get hurt 100% because of this, but he was at more risk.

Ever notice a lot of the fatty weekend warriors out there go and try to play some ball and end up with all kinds of stupid injuries? Same concept on a much more extreme scale.
Your opinion is correct

O'brien should not have kept him in BUT let's face it guys, foster is and always was an injury prone player. The Jordan reed of RBS. Talent out the wazoo and can never stay healthy long enough to realize his potential. Has he stayed healthy for most of his career he could be a hof candidate. He's that talented. But this is the end for him. I for one am thankful for the last 3 weeks where he has helped me to key wins. I drafted him in the 7th RD. I got my money's worth.

I wish him the best of luck in his recovery and his next life endeavor.

O'brien should not have kept him in BUT let's face it guys, foster is and always was an injury prone player. The Jordan reed of RBS. Talent out the wazoo and can never stay healthy long enough to realize his potential. Has he stayed healthy for most of his career he could be a hof candidate. He's that talented. But this is the end for him. I for one am thankful for the last 3 weeks where he has helped me to key wins. I drafted him in the 7th RD. I got my money's worth.

I wish him the best of luck in his recovery and his next life endeavor.
Me too..i used him in a trade and got 2 good players and drafted him in the 5th...but sux that hes hurt

He's gonna be really bummed when you guys tell him his career is over
Tbh it's going to be tough for him to come back and start. I'm not sure how would even be back for next season. Maybe. It depends how badly it's torn. Are we talking ruptured? Then yeah I'd say his days of starting are probably done. Partial full thickness tear? Yeah then maybe he's got a chance. Crazier things have happened. From a medical perspective, it's going to be tough for him

I'm a foster owner and have no problem that he was in the game. The offense needs to improve, you have to play in game situations to do that. Sure, it sucks he got hurt but I don't buy the "he shouldn't have been in there" talk. Football players are supposed to play football. Guys can go down for the season on any play. It happens.

I'm a foster owner and have no problem that he was in the game. The offense needs to improve, you have to play in game situations to do that. Sure, it sucks he got hurt but I don't buy the "he shouldn't have been in there" talk. Football players are supposed to play football. Guys can go down for the season on any play. It happens.
Yes and no. I get what people are saying about the fatigue injury and the game bring out of hand, but they were at the GL and I could have used another TD so it made sense for my fantasy team.

JuniorNB said:
kOOk said:

no but you are the guy who couldnt wait to say ''i told you so '' ,,,and under the circumstances its in poor taste
Hypocrisy. I was nothing but attacked in here and you know it. How is that not in poor taste?
Awwww, now you're going to cry like a little girl? You knew you were going to take a beating coming here and being happy about an guy getting injured. So don't be upset that everyone is destroying you. If your life goal is to be a message board troll, understand that people hate trolls.
Yeah, this kook guy is straight out of the LHUCKS playbook.

I'm a foster owner and have no problem that he was in the game. The offense needs to improve, you have to play in game situations to do that. Sure, it sucks he got hurt but I don't buy the "he

shouldn't have been in there" talk. Football players are supposed to play football. Guys can go down for the season on any play. It happens.
This is sound thinking for 1975. But it isn't 1975 anymore. The tough it out/players play philosophy has been shown to be faulty in the long-term. He's your clear lead back that is coming off injury. Probably shouldn't have been in there.

Et tu, Alex P Keaton? Go back and read the thread from a few weeks ago. It was simply a difference of opinion on what might happen with the guy. Imagine that, in Fantasy Football no less! Do you think that it might be possible that I wasn't the only one who thought he would not make it through the year? Yeah, a ton of people stayed away, obviously, or you wouldn't have been getting him in the middle rounds. You win some, you lose some, it's not the end of the world.

I'm sorry if I upset you but let's be clear, I wasn't the one getting personal in here. Go ahead and look, it's all there gb.

Yes and no. I get what people are saying about the fatigue injury and the game bring out of hand, but they were at the GL and I could have used another TD so it made sense for my fantasy team.
The game was out of hand int he 2nd quarter. Nobody was complaining when he scored his td's. I know I wasn't.

I'm a foster owner and have no problem that he was in the game. The offense needs to improve, you have to play in game situations to do that. Sure, it sucks he got hurt but I don't buy the "he

shouldn't have been in there" talk. Football players are supposed to play football. Guys can go down for the season on any play. It happens.
This is sound thinking for 1975.But it isn't 1975 anymore. The tough it out/players play philosophy has been shown to be faulty in the long-term. He's your clear lead back that is coming off injury. Probably shouldn't have been in there.
He was getting his normal rest during the game, he wasn't in on every snap. If Blue or Polk scored there you'd hear nothing but complaining. If he's in on that package then he should have been in there. They score and get a two it's a two score game with 5 to go. Easy to say now he shouldn't have been out there. Hindsight is 20/20.

Users who are viewing this thread